Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

On 2/27/2021 at 9:28 AM, Ryan19jwu said:

Mine is due to ship mid April....but that also has a lot to do with the GD shaft I ordered.

My irons already shipped. 

I don't know, but I can't imagine a better club than last cycle's Z u85. Can be had cheap right now. 

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

1 hour ago, Green Lit said:

Custom order thru a retail shop on 2/4. 
ZX7 5-PW w/ modus 125s. Delivered today. 

Son of a .....that is my order. Gimme!!! 😆

• Haha 3

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

5 hours ago, Ryan19jwu said:

Just another Mass guy with new Srixons you can’t play. To the indoor leagues! 

This weather today is gross. 

It is great to see you Boston guys with new Srixons in hand! Another Boston guy here with a ZX combo set on the way!

Rogue ST MAX 10.5 Kbs TD 50

Ping 425 fwy 17* Alta 

Ping 425 hyb 22* Alta

Srixon ZX5/7 KBS Tour 110

Vega vw-06 52 58

SC X6

6 hours ago, TrueWRX said:

Mine just arrived Look Great. Hope you all get yours soon. unfortunately indoor golf for a while here in Boston 

Paradise up in Middleton has had their TrackMan rooms booked out daily. I booked for 2 weeks out just in case I get my irons in haha. Enjoy your set! 

Talked to customer service today.  It’s looking like ~5 weeks for me from order to delivery.  Details below for those who are curious. 

Ordered through a local fitter on 2/10.   LEFTY ZX5 4-7 ZX7 8-P, Recoil 95 F4, GP MCC midsize. 

Srixon rep said Recoils were back ordered til 3/8 and that I should expect them to be built that week and shipping week of 3/15. 

Was originally quoted 4 weeks so doesn’t seem too bad considering some of the other posters here. 

Update for my order:

Recap: ordered 1/9. Was quoted 4 weeks. Set of 5-PW with MMT 105 shafts. Got a shipping confirmation saying my entire order shipped on 2/9. Great! But.... they only built and shipped the 8 iron. I emailed them and said they were expecting the rest of the shafts on 2/18 and would build the rest then. I contact them 2/20 and they say they just built and shipped the 5 and 6 irons. They tell me the 7, 9 and PW shafts are coming in on 2/25 and they will build and ship them the next week. I did not receive anything so I emailed them last friday. They got back to me today and said the 7 iron is going to be built this week and that they hope to get the 9 iron and PW shafts in on 3/5 and then build them the next week.....right, like I believe that will happen. 

I am 99% sure they are getting full sets of the shafts from Mitsubishi but then splitting them up between orders so that they can partially fill a set and people won't cancel. It makes no sense to me that Mitsubishi would send them just an 8 iron shaft here and a 7 iron shaft there every couple of weeks which is what Srixon is telling me is happening. I suppose it is possible, but I just don't believe it.

I was going to orders some Zipcores to go with my irons, but I am definitely not ordering anything else from this company during covid.

I am pretty close to canceling the order and having DD's just send back the few clubs that they shipped so far if I can. If not, they may just go straight on the BST once I actually get them. I am kind of soured on the whole brand and experience, especially the part about hearing that Srixon is "taking care" of their preferred accounts. 

I know, I know, covid....but I think a lot of this goes beyond that I don't like supporting bad business. The inefficiency of sending partial sets kills me. Just such a waste. 

Edited by halfsumo
  • Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

2 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Update for my order:

Recap: ordered 1/9. Was quoted 4 weeks. Set of 5-PW with MMT 105 shafts. Got a shipping confirmation saying my entire order shipped on 2/9. Great! But.... they only built and shipped the 8 iron. I emailed them and said they were expecting the rest of the shafts on 2/18 and would build the rest then. I contact them 2/20 and they say they just built and shipped the 5 and 6 irons. They tell me the 7, 9 and PW shafts are coming in on 2/25 and they will build and ship them the next week. I did not receive anything so I emailed them last friday. They got back to me today and said the 7 iron is going to be built this week and that they hope to get the 9 iron and PW shafts in on 3/5 and then build them the next week.....right, like I believe that will happen. 

I am 99% sure they are getting full sets of the shafts from Mitsubishi but then splitting them up between orders so that they can partially fill a set and people won't cancel. It makes no sense to me that Mitsubishi would send them just an 8 iron shaft here and a 7 iron shaft there every couple of weeks which is what Srixon is telling me is happening. I suppose it is possible, but I just don't believe it.

I was going to orders some Zipcores to go with my irons, but I am definitely not ordering anything else from this company during covid.

I am pretty close to canceling the order and having DD's just send back the few clubs that they shipped so far if I can. If not, they may just go straight on the BST once I actually get them. I am kind of soured on the whole brand and experience, especially the part about hearing that Srixon is "taking care" of their preferred accounts. 

I know, I know, covid....but I think a lot of this goes beyond that I don't like supporting bad business. The inefficiency of sending partial sets kills me. Just such a waste. 

I would not think they are getting sets as you presume. With the partial sets so many order they would not want 3 and 4 iron shafts left over.

From what I have read the MMT shafts are delaying orders from all club manufacturers.

10 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Update for my order:

I was finally told yesterday after a month of back and forth that they don't have enough heads to fill my zx5/7 set.  Mid to late March.  I cancelled.  Maybe will reorder later in the year.   

9 hours ago, Shilgy said:

I would not think they are getting sets as you presume. With the partial sets so many order they would not want 3 and 4 iron shafts left over.

From what I have read the MMT shafts are delaying orders from all club manufacturers.

Yay -- MMT's were wrong for me!

Of course, the heads were right, lol.

It's been 8 days! Glad I ordered through a dealer, now I don't have to worry about emailing, etc.  Out of sight, kind of out of mind.  Week of 3/22 is on the calendar - if I haven't heard anything I'll check in with the shop and I'm sure they will tell me what they know - anytime before 3/30 is awesome, but after will be fine.  

I had the same good optimistic attitude for the first 4 weeks of waiting. Since then, the next 4 weeks of waiting, getting mixed messages from Srixon and hearing that some people are getting their irons 3 days after ordering has been a challenge. Especially, based on their last email to me which pretty much means I will not be gettin my irons for another two weeks at the earliest. 

I am fully anticipating them saying they now have all the shafts to complete my order, but they gave away the last few heads to someone that ordered last week.  

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

26 minutes ago, Blujacket said:

I placed my order 2/21/21. ZX5's. 5-AW, Stock Modus 105s, stock grip. Was just given a ship date of 4/16/21 a few minutes ago. ☹️

Do you mind if I ask if you ordered through a dealer or directly from Srixon? 

Ping G 400 Max 9 degree w/ Proforce VTS Black 7s
Cobra F7 14.5 degree w/ Elements Chrome 7s
Cleveland Classic 18 degree hybrid w/ Fuji Fuel 95s
4-PW Srixon 585 and 785 AW w/ nippon modus 120,
Cleveland RTX4 54 and 58 w/ nippon modus 125 wedge shaft
Putter: Evnroll ER2 35'
Ball: TM TP5x or Pro V1x

I spoke with Srixon yesterday regarding my hybrids and woods. I had ordered heavier Even Flow Riptide shafts which were considered exotic at the time. I was told they are out of Riptide shafts, but expect stock in soon.

However, to my surprise my hybrid showed yesterday. Also to my surprise it came with a "Small Batch" Riptide shaft vs. the standard offering. My guess is they are getting whatever they can as fast as they can and I just got lucky.

• Like 1

Just spoke to customer service about my ZX5/ZX7 combo order which was placed January 21. They said the issue is with the MCC midsize red grips being on back order through mid-april. I switched to a different grip so hopefully they will show up soon. So just a heads up for others who may have ordered with that grip...

50 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I spoke with Srixon yesterday regarding my hybrids and woods. I had ordered heavier Even Flow Riptide shafts which were considered exotic at the time. I was told they are out of Riptide shafts, but expect stock in soon.

However, to my surprise my hybrid showed yesterday. Also to my surprise it came with a "Small Batch" Riptide shaft vs. the standard offering. My guess is they are getting whatever they can as fast as they can and I just got lucky.

Srixon has always had Handcrafted and Small Batch PX shafts.

18 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Update for my order:

I don't think they are at all intentionally splitting up sets, that is just absurd. There is a big component shortage, every OEM is having the same exact issues, srixon is probably one of the few to short ship though. It is 100% covid related, not only are the components coming slowly, even just getting them off the ships at the ports in so cal is all screwed up and further delaying things. Taylormade is quoting mid JUNE right now for sets with X100 shafts. 

• Like 1

I don't know. Every time I have emailed them they have told me ALL of the rest of the shafts for my set were scheduled to be delivered on such and such date. Then, every single time, they only build 1 or 2 irons. The only logical conclusion I can glean from this is that they are splitting up the components. Sure, the much less logical explanation of Mitsusbishi confirming that they sent a whole set of matching shafts, but actually only send one shaft is possible, I guess. 

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

2 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

I don't know. Every time I have emailed them they have told me ALL of the rest of the shafts for my set were scheduled to be delivered on such and such date. Then, every single time, they only build 1 or 2 irons. The only logical conclusion I can glean from this is that they are splitting up the components. Sure, the much less logical explanation of Mitsusbishi confirming that they sent a whole set of matching shafts, but actually only send one shaft is possible, I guess. 

I don't think that is a logical conclusion, its costing srixon extra money each time they ship a partial set. My set was shipped without a P, which matched what I read on here (PW shafts were not in stock).

And I would guess the shafts do not come in sets, because everyone is not ordering the same set or installing straight in (ie they can soft or hard step), but instead ship in bulk of each iron. Very possible that they thought they were getting everything in, but only got batches of certain irons, due to all the logistical issues that I already stated.

• Like 1

rumor is something huge happened to a bunch of components in the supply chain from multiple vendors. lets just say that maybe there is a huge golf treasure in the pacific...

• Haha 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

8 minutes ago, Rbsiedsc said:

rumor is something huge happened to a bunch of components in the supply chain from multiple vendors. lets just say that maybe there is a huge golf treasure in the pacific...

That would not surprise me, two big losses in the last few months from LA bound ships, thousands of containers lost

32 minutes ago, ddherman said:

Just got this pic from my fitters IG....ordered 2/1 and if hell didn’t freeze over in Texas would of had over a week ago but happy to see them soon in time for a birthday round this weekend!

87268B0B-FE37-4431-B6A0-985290CEA27C.jpeg

Geez, second guy that received my order. Is this a USPS or Srixon fiasco?

ZX7 with Nippon 125’s.

Driving me crazier!🙄

• Like 1

A cargo ship headed for CA recently lost 1,800 containers overboard. Rumor has it Ping equipment was lost in the accident leading to their supply chain issues, but I don’t know for sure. Things do happen. 

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/12/hundreds-of-containers-some-with-dangerous-goods-fall-from-ship-near-hawaii/

couple that with several ships unable to unload and it’s amazing that anyone has received anything. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/shipping-companies-look-at-sailing-away-from-choked-southern-california-gateways-11612802085

I ordered from PGASS on 1/29, was told standard 2-3 week lead time. I contacted for an update at week three and was told they were running 3-5 weeks from manufacturer and were scheduled to go out first part of March. I checked back in today and PGASS says they contacted Srixon and the shafts are backordered but expected to be in on 3/19 and should be delivered to me by April. I ordered zx5 in 5-AW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts. Interesting that 2-3 weeks has now turned into eight. They still have to be delivered to PGASS to be gripped because Srixon only had red or blue MCC at that time.