Jump to content

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am 2021


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, 80sFredriksson said:

 

Spieth is a beast in windy conditions should be fun

Great observation.  Spieth won the 2014 Australian open with a course-record 63 final round in crazy windy conditions.  After that performance, Rory McIlroy Tweeted that he could play 100 rounds on that course in those conditions and would never shoot a 63. Here's the Tweet

 

2014 was a long time ago, and Spieth was a different player with a lot less scar tissue back then.  I have no idea if he'll be able to keep up his good play and get the victory at Pebble, but I'll be rooting for him to do so.  Although it's certainly a weak field, Berger, Norlander, Casey and Cantlay are all playing well and Jason Day and Akshay Bhatia are in the mix as well.  Hopefully it's a good weekend.  

Edited by Dave2603
fixed link to tweet
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not really his fault his dad is rich. At least he chose something where you have to earn what you get. He could have taken a job in Media.

I play pretty well. And I’ve never taken 15 practice swings while holding up a whole group.     I stood and watched that and thought “ I’d be really close to saying , I’ll go if you’re not “.  

I do not miss the loudmouth fans yelling stupid stuff.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Dave2603 said:

Great observation.  Spieth won the 2014 Australian open with a course-record 63 final round in crazy windy conditions.  After that performance, Rory McIlroy Tweeted that he could play 100 rounds on that course in those conditions and would never shoot a 63. Here's the Tweet

 

2014 was a long time ago, and Spieth was a different player with a lot less scar tissue back then.  I have no idea if he'll be able to keep up his good play and get the victory at Pebble, but I'll be rooting for him to do so.  Although it's certainly a weak field, Berger, Norlander, Casey and Cantlay are all playing well and Jason Day and Akshay Bhatia are in the mix as well.  Hopefully it's a good weekend.  


Yeah the top of the leaderboard looks awesome to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

I love how he looked at the club after that shot...

 

I was standing at that first tee at PB a couple of years ago and was paired with a couple of Millennials I didn't know. I had a caddy and they didn't, which is fine. That first hole is pretty short, and you can run in through the fairway easily.

 

Just before teeing off, one of them turned to my caddy and asked him how far it was to the other side of the fairway straight ahead. Caddy and starter looked at their feet. I remembered a similar situation that someone told me about and told the caddy, "I've got this..."

 

I told the Millennial that it's $145 plus gratuity to the other side of the fairway.

 

The starter shuffled over to me and whispered, "You just became a legend here."

 

 

And then everyone stood up and clapped?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

I love how he looked at the club after that shot...

 

I was standing at that first tee at PB a couple of years ago and was paired with a couple of Millennials I didn't know. I had a caddy and they didn't, which is fine. That first hole is pretty short, and you can run in through the fairway easily.

 

Just before teeing off, one of them turned to my caddy and asked him how far it was to the other side of the fairway straight ahead. Caddy and starter looked at their feet. I remembered a similar situation that someone told me about and told the caddy, "I've got this..."

 

I told the Millennial that it's $145 plus gratuity to the other side of the fairway.

 

The starter shuffled over to me and whispered, "You just became a legend here."

 

Add another reason why millennials hate boomers 😅

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

I see that Cantlay is wearing the "I'm freezing" hat today.

 

You should have seen how much Cantlay moaned about the weather at the 2014 Walker Cup; it was cold and about a 40mph wind from the north so he did have a little complaint; the rest of the players just got on with it though.

 

I went off him after that but now I like him again!

  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scott_Donald said:

 

You should have seen how much Cantlay moaned about the weather at the 2014 Walker Cup; it was cold and about a 40mph wind from the north so he did have a little complaint; the rest of the players just got on with it though.

 

I went off him after that but now I like him again!

He seems to be playing OK, but that hat is a bit over the top for the current conditions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thus far, it's a boring maybe disappointing tournament. 

 

Compared to other tour venues and Spyglass, Pebble Beach is relatively easy.  Pebble Beach ProAm wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the ocean holes and Bing Crosby's love of the area. 

  • Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1x, AVX, ProV1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 RBC Heritage - discussions and links
      Please post any questions and comments here.
       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       

       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       
       

       
      Custom Cameron putters - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Bettinardi putter - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Robert Streb's custom stamped Vokey wedge - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Ben An's custom stamped Vokey - 2021 RBC Heritage
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 Valero Texas Open - discussion & links
      Please put any questions or comments here. 
       
      This week, the PGA Tour is at TPC San Antonio on the Oaks Course for the Valero Texas Open. GolfWRX was on-site Tuesday to catch a glimpse into the bags of some of the world’s top golfers.
       
      The field of 144 is getting ready to battle starting Thursday for the $7.7 million purse, with $1.386 million going to the winner. The tournament is also the last event where players can qualify for The Masters, just like Canadian Corey Conners did last year.
       
      Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.
       

       
      2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #1 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #2 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #3 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #4 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #5 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #6 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #7 2021 Valero Texas Open - Tuesday #8  


       
      Cameron putters (added Bernd Wiesberger's custom T-11) -2021 Valero Texas Open Piretti putters -2021 Valero Texas Open Branden Grace testing AutoFlex shaft @ 2021 Valero Texas Open  
      Check out our "Most interesting photos" Part 1, and Part 2.
       

       
        • Like
      • 29 replies
    • **GIVEAWAY** Odyssey Ten Triple Track Putter! ENTER NOW!
      NEW Odyssey Ten Triple Track putter giveaway!!!.To enter reply in this thread that you're IN!
       
      That's it. You'll be entered into the giveaway (one entry per person). Winner chosen at random in two weeks. Be sure to check out the attached pics. Good luck!
       
      If you are not a member her please register here to allow you to reply to this post and enter. Registration is free... https://forums.golfwrx.com/register/
      ======================================================================================================
      We randomize all the number of posts and the #1 number on the top is the winner. Say there is 1,000 replies from members. We will randomize 1 to 1,000 using a website that has a randomizer. It scrambles the numbers and the #1 is the first place and the #2 is the second etc. If the winner has duplicate entries we count the first
       





       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 1,599 replies
    • 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #1
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #2
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #3
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #4
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #5
      2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play - Monday #6
       
       

       
      Hideki testing putters at WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Odyssey/Toulon Atlanta putter - 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Cameron putters - 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
      Patrick Reed testing TPT shafts 2021 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
       
       
      • 54 replies
    • 2021 Players - discussion and links
      Please post any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 Players - Monday #1
      2021 Players - Monday #2
      2021 Players - Monday #3
      2021 Players - Monday #4
      2021 Players - Tuesday #1
      2021 Players - Tuesday #2
      2021 Players - Tuesday #3
      2021 Players - Tuesday #4
      2021 Players - Tuesday #5
      2021 Players - Tuesday #6
       
       

       
      Maverick McNealy's custom 1 of 1 Callaway Apex MB irons - 2021 Players
      Adam Long's Cameron T-5 proto - 2021 Players
      Abraham Ancer's custom Muira irons and custom MMT shafts - 2021 Players
      Bettinardi putters & cover - 2021 Players
      Jon Rahm's bag - 2021 Players
      Xander Schauffele's bag - 2021 Players
      Sergio with a Cameron putter - 2021 Players
      Cameron T11 & 11.5 putters - 2021 Players
      Sergio Garcia's clubs - 2021 Players
      Scott Brown's Odyssey gamer - 2021 Players
       
       
       
      • 52 replies

×
×
  • Create New...