Tiger Woods vs Tom Brady > Dominance

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Harder to be GOAT in team sports. Too many variables.    Imagine if Pippen didnt get traded for Olden Polynice.....

Was it unprofessional? Yes. Do I agree with what Winfield did? No.   When taken in context of what Hill did to him in their regular season game, do I understand it? Absolutely.  

Brady hands down. Brady has won nearly twice as many 'majors' as the next QB and 2 more than any player. Brady has 7/18 majors since he was a starter - 39% of seasons he  started he won the Super Bowl

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

The biggest contributor to the Chiefs' offensive struggles last night was the injury to OT Eric Fisher. Him being out forced the Chiefs to shuffle their line configuration in such a way that it affected three of the five OL positions. Against a good Bucs defensive front, that was always going to be a problem. Knowing Fisher was out, the Bucs played with 5 and 6 DB's with VERY deep safeties and thereby dared the Chiefs to beat them by running the ball and passing underneath coverage. The Chiefs failed to do both effectively largely because they lost the battle up front all night. When you add to that critical defensive penalties, some horrific punting (get a haircut, son), and losses of composure that's a recipe to get your butt kicked.

Great post and it underlines just how incomparable TW and Brady are.

No protection, you get Mahomes, who I think everyone would agree is obviously better than Tom Brady at this stage of their careers, looking like crap.

I agree Brady is the GOAT...of QBs. But wouldn’t put him in the level of TW as far as dominating.

The Giants kicked his (teams) butt...

Twice! 

Just goes to show that football is a *team effort. 

Edited by bscinstnct
8 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Great post and it underlines just incomparable TW and Brady are.

No protection, you get Mahomes, who I think everyone would agree is obviously better than Tom Brady at this stage of their careers, looking like crap.

I agree Brady is the GOAT...of QBs. But wouldn’t put him in the level of TW as far as dominating.

The Giants kicked his butt...

Twice!

Just goes to show that football is a *team effort. 

The other side of the "football is a team sport" assertion is that while the supporting casts around TB12 have come and gone, his results have been consistently excellent. Guy's played for 10 championships and won seven of them. Hard to argue that he isn't the primary driver of that.

However, while comparing Woods and Brady is fun it's ultimately just as futile as comparing athletes in the same sport but different eras. In the end, all we really can and should do is appreciate the greatness on display and aspire to emulate in our own little corners of the world.

• Like 2

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

21 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

The other side of the "football is a team sport" assertion is that while the supporting casts around TB12 have come and gone, his results have been consistently excellent. Guy's played for 10 championships and won seven of them. Hard to argue that he isn't the primary driver of that.

However, while comparing Woods and Brady is fun it's ultimately just as futile as comparing athletes in the same sport but different eras. In the end, all we really can and should do is appreciate the greatness on display and aspire to emulate in our own little corners of the world.

I agree and add that he is a true field general. His commitment and work ethic are as strong as TWs. 

But he had weaknesses. Specifically, mobility/dealing with pressure “up the gut”. 
We saw this in his 2 losses to the Giants. 

TW had no weaknesses. Nobody could touch his game. 

I’m just pointing out that Bradys success has depended a *lot on his protection, system, weapons. And let’s not forget...Defense!

Without them, he’d be Dan Marino. 

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2

I will preface this by saying I am more of a Brady fan than a Tiger fan.  In Fact not a Tiger fan at all though I respect his accomplishments.  

Not to take anything away from Brady, but what Tiger has done is more impressive and takes more skill.  To win 7 Super Bowls is not only about skill, but about luck.  To have the opportunity, coaching, GM, Ownership at New England.  Then to go to the right team at the right time in Tampa.  Greatest QB of all time, but he had to have some luck along the way to lead to his opportunities.  My opinion is you could have plugged Marino, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and a very few select others into his career and they would have had the same outcomes.  The other guys just weren't blessed with the same Organizations top to bottom.

Edited by heavy_hitter
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Oooh, I don't know. TW had/has weaknesses in his game. 

They just weren't necessarily inside the ropes but they eventually manifested themselves there.

• Like 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

I agree that Tiger's resume and the fact that it's an individual sport mean a lot. Tiger had to do everything on his own, in a sport where you can't play defense. He had to be better than everyone as many times as he was

The Brady argument would be there's no one like Brady--Ever. People argue Jack vs Tiger. There's no Brady vs Anyone argument. It's over, done. To even argue is to show you have some sort of axe to grind

Brady has more super bowls than any team. Brady has MORE than 2X as many playoff wins as the next closest person. Brady i don't even believe is in the top 4-5 in career Super Bowl interceptions despite playing in 10 of them. Brady is a grand canyon ahead of everyone else and this is coming from someone who was never even a Brady fan. I am a bills fan for god's sake

• Like 1

Cobra Radspeed XB 9 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70

Cobra F9 Tour 13 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 70

Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS tour Prototype 85
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 130

Cobra King MIM Black 56 and 60 wedges w/ Modus 130

SGC #002 Flow Neck 385g

I am a bucs fan. Have been since the original logo at 10 years old... I used to think Brady was way over rated.. 

Now, I think he may be the goatiest goat that ever goated.. The NFL is very different from every other sport. What he has accomplished with all the different pieces is truly amazing. 

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

TB and TW can never be compared.  Both GOATS in their own right, but one can't be better than the other because TB claims his wins by guiding a team that helps him win like yesterday.  TW wins on his own terms, by himself as often as he desires. 

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Titleist TS2 @10.25', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 @16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
34 minutes ago, Sean2 said:

I don't know...kinda like comparing Beethoven to the Beatles. But if I had to pick one, I would pick TB. 

Great analogy on Beethoven for Brady...although, I’d say Brady is actually more like the conductor. Key to success but doesn’t write the music and is very dependent on the orchestra. 

Where Tiger is like the Beatles in that he writes his own music and performs it. Only TW is like if the Beatles was one guy! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

I agree and add that he is a true field general. His commitment and work ethic are as strong as TWs. 

But he had weaknesses. Specifically, mobility/dealing with pressure “up the gut”. 
We saw this in his 2 losses to the Giants. 

I’m just pointing out that Bradys success has depended a *lot on his protection, system, weapons. And let’s not forget...Defense!

Without them, he’d be Dan Marino. 

Bro you keep talking about Giants Giants.   A HUGE part of that was due to Eli Manning.   He went up against GOAT and did not flinch.  I don't like Peyton that much but really respect the quieter younger brother.   David Tyree's catch was also pretty amazing.  Eli was really really good in those games...yes Giants D was good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml4Xcl_kbpU

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I agree that Tiger's resume and the fact that it's an individual sport mean a lot. Tiger had to do everything on his own, in a sport where you can't play defense. He had to be better than everyone as many times as he was

The Brady argument would be there's no one like Brady--Ever. People argue Jack vs Tiger. There's no Brady vs Anyone argument. It's over, done. To even argue is to show you have some sort of axe to grind

Brady has more super bowls than any team. Brady has MORE than 2X as many playoff wins as the next closest person. Brady i don't even believe is in the top 4-5 in career Super Bowl interceptions despite playing in 10 of them. Brady is a grand canyon ahead of everyone else and this is coming from someone who was never even a Brady fan. I am a bills fan for god's sake

This video shows how dependent Brady’s success is on others.

It also underlines how poor his mobility is compared to a lot of other great QBs. Some of it is not his fault, Giants D were guns blazing. But Brady just looks terrible when pressured. 

12 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

It also underlines how poor his mobility is compared to a lot of other great QBs. Some of it is not his fault, Giants D were guns blazing. But Brady just looks terrible when pressured. 

Eli is the one guy who stood up to Brady as a QB and beat him twice(?).

I was on a flight in the winter going to Scottsdale and everyone on the plane wanted to know the score of Giants versus Green Bay played in the snow.  2007?   What was the great catch in the snow by Buress?   The Giants beating Green Bay then New England.  Yes defense but Eli all the way.

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

You can never escape that in football your success will always be dependent on others. There's 1000 what-ifs we can always do. I remember in 2005 Peyton Manning having probably 0.8 seconds to throw on average against the Steelers and still got his idiot kicker into range at the end of the game, only to watch one of the worst misses in NFL history. I remember the 20-3 loss in 2004 to the Pats in the snow where the Patriots were allowed to stab and shoot Colts receivers. The Saints onside kick in 2009...We might look at Peyton differently if a few things go differently . I'm aware alternate worlds exist

What if Calvin Johnson had been drafted by the Bills and played with EJ Manual and Kyle Orton and Tyrod Taylor. Would he ever have had 1964yds in a season, probably not. You could do this with 100 guys

But at the end of the day Tom's winning just puts to shame everyone else. Yes the Pats had great defenses (16 times top 10 in points allowed in Tom's 19 seasons, 8 times in the top 5)....But you know what, so did the Bears (3 times a defensive DVOA better than -25 over same span, perennial top 10). And they have zero titles

It takes a team...But man at the end of the day the teams with Tom always do awesome

• Like 1

Cobra Radspeed XB 9 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70

Cobra F9 Tour 13 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 70

Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS tour Prototype 85
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 130

Cobra King MIM Black 56 and 60 wedges w/ Modus 130

SGC #002 Flow Neck 385g

Let's face it. Brady is the Bill Russell of football. Amazing players with the most titles but neither transcended the game to a next level. 

• Like 1

G410 LST 10.5 Accra TZ5 65 M5
TSi2 15 Fujikura Rombax P95 X
818 H1 19 Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105x

T100S 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM8 48-10 F Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM8 56-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey SM8 60-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
WITB Link

11 minutes ago, tungstenplug said:

Interesting. What part of Kansas City are you in?

Brady transcends if for only that he probably prepares better than any other players, takes care of his body better than any player and is probably smarter than any other player.    Smarter also means smart enough to find the right people to work with.

He got loads of criticism from being so close to this nutrition guy who is his partner in TB12 products.   People thought he was nuts eating non-inflammatory foods like Dr. Gundry most recently has been cheer leading.   Gundry is totally against lectins.   Brady also does this crazy water drinking hydration using water with electrolytes.

The weird thing is the dude does not seem to age much.  Ditto for his wife.  Good genetics or taking advantage of the most advanced information on taking care of the human body?

2 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

For those of us in the neighborhood of 40 years old, just stop and appreciate the greatness we've been able to witness in so many sports.

Motor Racing: Hamilton, Schumacher, Senna, Gordon, Johnson, Dixon etc.

Tennis: Williams, Federer, Sampras, Nadal, Graf etc.

Football: Emmitt Smith, Tomlinson, Montana, Elway, Brady, Rice, Fitzgerald, Moss etc.

Futbol: Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Zidane etc.

Basketball: James, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Dr. J etc.

Baseball: Jeter, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Ripken etc.

Golf: Woods, Nicklaus, Mickelson, Els, DJ, Norman etc.

Hockey: Gretzky, Lemieux, Jagr, Ovechkin, Crosby, Roy etc.

Olympics: Phelps, Michael Johnson, Bolt etc.

Obviously every era has its share of greatness to admire, but that list is pretty eye watering and is hardly exhaustive.

Where is Johnny Miller and Dan Fouts on this list ???

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Graphite Design AD XC 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Blueboard 63x & 7w 19.5* Bboard 73x 

Cally Apex '19 4h & 5h 26* Fubuki 82x

Callaway x-forged UT 27* AD DI 85x

Srixon ZX7 7 - PW PX Catalyst 100 6.5 
Vokey TVD M 51* & TVD M 57* Oil s400 

Vokey SM2 Oil Finish 63* DG TI s400 

Scotty GoLo 7 (35g weights)

6 hours ago, jonsnow said:

Has Brady ever had a serious injury? If not, that is pretty phenomenal to play that long at QB in the NFL.

thanks to the guys who take the hits...not to frady 

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 9* Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI
Cobra LTD PRO / Graffaloy Blue
Cobra Ltd 4-5  16 Kaili 80
Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Nike VaporProCombo 4-AW DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B