Hope your wife doesn't see this, but how many clubs are you changing, or have changed, for 2021 season?

I've told myself for the past three years I wouldn't change anything, and then come December I have a new (used) bag of clubs, that has been swapped over 4-5x throughout the year.. This year, I just decided to go all in to my problem.. at least I can beat my playing partners who joke my shafts cost more than their bags..

TSi3 Driver & 3wood Ventus Black

TSi2 5wood w/ Ventus Red

U500 w/ Ventus Blue

Miura TC201 - MB101 x7

SM8 Raw w/ s400

SC Futura X7

I think I'm at the point where I love my bag and am happy.. but who knows, someone on this site will say you have to try x and I will be curious..

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't need to hide anything, you just need to have more than one place to keep things...  I have sets in 5 different locations in the house.  It is also MUCH easier to do when you have bags with t

"Baby! I bought a new putter!" "But I thought you loved your putter." "I did. Till I stopped making putts with it." "Oh. Do you love this one?" "I do. Until I stop making putts wit

I got caught.  I have put some 921 HMs on BST to keep the peace.  A box arrived she had to sign for while I was at work!  UGH!

Posted Images

I've done a fair bit of tinkering with my bag already this year.  I went from 4W 7W to 3W 5W after changing my delivery, but I wasn't happy with the gap between 4i and 5w.

I never really hit my 54* full swing, preferring to do partial shots with Pw and Gw, so I dropped the 54* wedge and moved to 46* 52* 58*.  The 52 does everything the old 50 and 54 used to do and the short game feels better.

Then I built out a 4H to feel like my 5 wood and it covers that gap nicely.   I might drop it for a driving Iron eventually depending on how my swing feels when it warms up.

Famous last words... I don't plan on changing much. But I really shouldn't after changing everything but my hybrid in 2020, some slots in the bag changed multiple times. 

The only thing I am currently considering is changing out the Mavrik Pro AW for a MD5 48* and maybe where I transition my combo. So swap my Mavrik Max 7 iron for the Pro 7 Iron. 

If I can't leave well enough alone, I will probably switch from my 52.12/58.8 wedge set up to a 52.12/56.10/60.8 setup.  But that's it. I promise... maybe.

Callaway Rogue 9* @ 10* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.0

Callaway Mavrik 4 Wood 16.5* Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70S

Callaway Rogue 4H 21* Project X EvenFlow Black 85 6.0

Callaway Mavrik Max 5-7i KBS Max 90 S

Callaway Mavrik Pro 8-AW True Temper Elevate 105 S

Callaway JAWS MD5 52.10S Dynamic Gold 115

Callaway JAWS MD5 56.10S Dynamic Gold 115

Callaway JAWS MD5 60.12W Dynamic Gold 115

Odyssey Stroke Lab Black #7

Bridgestone Tour B X/Titleist Pro V1x

I bought a 2014 Rapture 3-wood just because I saw it at a great price.  Very happy with my driver and 17H although it might be good to have a 3w option and I have heard good things about this model.

I also seem to have aquired a Prime Tyne PLD4 and a Jim Wells Anser 2, even though I already have two dozen putters and love the two Ansers I currently go back and forth between (milled and WTi) ... so the two newbies may never get any play.

With those and a set of 1975 Karsten IIs, I have spent a fair amount of £££ on clubs I don't really need.  Oops.

Edited by ColinKelvin
  • PING G400 Max 9* Tensei Orange 60g S
  • PING Anser 17 & 20* hybrids Graphite Design 85S
  • PING iBlades Green Dot CFS 80-S
  • PING Anser Forged wedges Blue Dot DG Spinner
  • PING JAS Wti Anser 35" PP60

Fairway Woods (already ordered)

Putter (no clue yet)

Driver (actively testing)

Irons and wedges are good to go, although different iron shafts are a possibility.

Ping G425 Max 1w Ventus Blue

Ping G425 LST 3w Ventus Blue

Ping G425 Max 7w Ventus Blue

Mizuno Hmb 2i 4i Ventus Blue

Mizuno MP20 5i-Pi Modus 120

Mizuno T20 51-8 58-8 S400 TI

L.A.B. DF 2.1 || Titleist Pro V1

Probably going to buy some stuff for the top end of my bag...not thrilled with my 3 wood.  Looking forward to try Titleist TSi2, Mizuno ST-z, SIM Max 3-5 wood range - thinking of a strong 5 wood - never tried that.  Will see how fitting goes.  I'm not thinking about hybrids.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra F9 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Cobra RADspeed Aldila Rougue Silver 110msi 70S

Wood (17.5) - G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

I the last 2 months I've purchased:

Driver: Mavrik

Fwy woods: Mavrik SZ 4-wood & Mavrik 7-wood

Putters: Piretti 303 Midnight Cottonwood 2 plumbers neck and center shaft, Seemore Tri-mallet and have an Odyssey OG #7 on the way....

Irons & wedges are locked in

Likely will add a 2021 Bettinardi at some point soon, love putters

Edited by mn723

Callaway Mavrik driver

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 4-wood
Callaway Mavrik 7-wood
Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 & 5 irons
Mizuno MP20 6-pw

Mizuno T20 50*, 55* and 60* wedges
Odyssey OG #7 putter
Titleist Pro V1x ball

My plan was just to switch out a couple hybrids to fit my gapping better. But then I see listings for a couple driver shafts I've wanted to try out. Then I read about Jumbomax grips and figure why not test those out. Then I find a deal on a Ventus fairway shaft, and you can't hit that without a fairway head, so now I'm looking for one of those... The cycle continues and yet my handicap remains the same... 

Driver: moving on up to a TSi2

Bag: Already jump on a new Link Soul

Might be changing/ adding: 5 wood/ 7 wood, wedges

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (5-PW): Srixon 765 w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 120

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

No wife, so that part is no problem ...

I have made a few significant changes in the past couple of months:

1 - replaced the HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 in my driver with a Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7S Blue ... perfecto!

2 - replaced My EVNROLL ER2 with a L.A.B. BLāD.1, once again vast improvement!

3 - and the pièce de résistance ... new set of Honma Rose Proto MBs, magnifique!

TaylorMade M5 10.5° /  Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7S Blue
Cobra King F9 Baffler Speedback 14.5° / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 S
TaylorMade  M3 3/19° Rescue/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 80H S
Callaway X Forged Utility 22(21)° /  Aerotech SteelFiber fc 90cw

Honma T//World Rose Proto MB 5-10 / N.S. Pro Modus3 120TX
Edison 51° Wedge / DG Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 56° Wedge / DG Tour Issue X100
Cobra KING MIM Black 60° Widelow Wedge / DG Tour Issue X100
L.A.B. BLāD.1
RZN HS-Tour

My main goal is finding a 3W. Picked up a used M3 HL late last year, and cut it down to 42.5". Only got a few weeks of use before the snow fell, so the jury is still out. I'm very intrigued by the new Mizuno and Ping. I'm thinking about getting a 5W and opening it up to play as a 4W since I fight too much of a hook.

Also might look into a new driver, but I don't know if anything will beat my g400 LST with a Tensei Pro Blue. At the very least, testing a new driver might trick the g400 into behaving a little better.

I have new irons coming in soon (MP-20s) and depending on how good the TSi hybrids are I would change up to 4 others (driver, hybrid, 2 wedges). Got a TSi 3 wood last year and a Squareback 2 that aren't going anywhere.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05
Titleist TSi3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White 100-X
Mizuno MP-20 3-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 Raw 47-07 PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 54* S PX 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 60* M PX 6.0
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol 1.0

I absolutely love this post! Makes me feel so much better about myself and know I’m not alone 😂 

Almost entire new bag switch...

Rad speed(but that could change w/ more testing)...won’t even get into the different shaft swaps lol

4w (exs 220 pro)

srixon zx utility 4 iron.

Keeping iron heads, but installed mmt125tx’s

Wilson staff model Wedges are the only thing untouched....for now!

Have 2 new putters to test once snow melts...betti ss28 & Toulon Chicago.

The only thing really safe in my bag....is the actual bag. My wife would know that I’ve changed that 😆 

Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/Ventus Black 7X/Rogue White 70TX(testing now)

Taylormade '17 M1 3HL w/ Fubuki Alpha 80X

Srixon U65  4 iron 23* AMT X100

Mizuno MP18 Hifli 5&6 TI X100

Srixon 785's 7-pw TI X100

Cleveland CBX2 48* TI X100

Wilson staff model forged 52, 56, & 60(hi toe) w/ S400's.

Ping Kushin 34"

TP5x

8 hours ago, Ephemerlol said:

I've done a fair bit of tinkering with my bag already this year.  I went from 4W 7W to 3W 5W after changing my delivery, but I wasn't happy with the gap between 4i and 5w.

I never really hit my 54* full swing, preferring to do partial shots with Pw and Gw, so I dropped the 54* wedge and moved to 46* 52* 58*.  The 52 does everything the old 50 and 54 used to do and the short game feels better.

Then I built out a 4H to feel like my 5 wood and it covers that gap nicely.   I might drop it for a driving Iron eventually depending on how my swing feels when it warms up.

You go all bunker shots with the 58? I’ve been thinking of doing this 

Have changed everything for the new year except my Hybrid. 

Driver

- Driver shaft in PING G410 changed from stock to a Graphite Design AD IZ 6x

- also picked up a SIM Max 10.5 that I will test out. PING just always wins for me. 

3 wood

- SIM Max 15 deg to a Mavrik 4 wood 16.5. Need extra launch

Irons 

- T100 4-PW. Changed from my 4 year old PING i200’s

Wedges:

- fresh set of 50/54/58 Vokey’s, just changed bounce and grinds a bit with the 54/58

Putter:

- SC Newport Special Select 

- I plan to keep this for entire year and we know how that could go

Pretty new to this site/community. And happy I am not alone haha 

1 hour ago, jgreer1421 said:

I absolutely love this post! Makes me feel so much better about myself and know I’m not alone 😂 

Almost entire new bag switch...

Rad speed(but that could change w/ more testing)...won’t even get into the different shaft swaps lol

4w (exs 220 pro)

srixon zx utility 4 iron.

Keeping iron heads, but installed mmt125tx’s

Wilson staff model Wedges are the only thing untouched....for now!

Have 2 new putters to test once snow melts...betti ss28 & Toulon Chicago.

The only thing really safe in my bag....is the actual bag. My wife would know that I’ve changed that 😆 

If you're a true GolfWRXer, then you will never buy alone!  I'm with you bro.

• Haha 2

Had my M3 since release and while it’s a great club I needed some more forgiveness and made the switch.

Swapped my 3i out for a 5w. It’s not really a 1-1 exchange but I wanted a higher flight option off the tee from my driving iron and something I could hit off the deck as well.

Lastly, wedges needed replacement after some heavy use and went with a new setup with the Hi-Toes.

Out:

- M3 Driver

- MP18 Fli-Hi 3i

- RTX4s 50/54/60

In:

- G425 Max Driver

- Cobra SZ 5W

- TM Hi-Toe Raw 50/55/60

Ping G425 Max 9* (Ventus Black 7X)

Cobra SZ 5W (Tensei Pro White 80TX)

TM P790UDI (Aldila RIP Hybrid Alpha 105X)

Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-5 (KBS Tour 130X)

Mizuno MP18 SC 6-7 (KBS Tour 130X)

Mizuno MP18 MB 8-PW (KBS Tour 130X)

TM Hi-Toe Raw 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

TM Spider X Copper

42 minutes ago, jjfcpa said:

If you're a true GolfWRXer, then you will never buy alone!  I'm with you bro.

#wrxbrotherhood!

• Haha 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/Ventus Black 7X/Rogue White 70TX(testing now)

Taylormade '17 M1 3HL w/ Fubuki Alpha 80X

Srixon U65  4 iron 23* AMT X100

Mizuno MP18 Hifli 5&6 TI X100

Srixon 785's 7-pw TI X100

Cleveland CBX2 48* TI X100

Wilson staff model forged 52, 56, & 60(hi toe) w/ S400's.

Ping Kushin 34"

TP5x

Been working on my swing, flatter, more solid foundation, full turn back, post, full turn though on release ... so when I feel confident, the entire bag is in play ... but I do need a 56 degree wedge ...

Edited by AC in TX

The Ping Hoofer 14 bag:
Ping G410+

Ping G410 5w

Ping G410 3h, 4h, 5h

Ping G410 6 to PW

Ping Glide 2.0 50° & 56°

Ping Glide Forged 60°

SeeMore PCB

Revolving Bench: PXG Gen 1 0211 5 to GW / Scotty Circa 62 no. 6 / Odyssey O-Works 2 Ball

I replaced my Adams 15* XTD Super Hybrid with a Cobra F9 5 wood that I played turned down to 17*.  I liked it, but it was a bit spinny, so I found a 16.5* M3 3HL head on ebay that I'm currently tinkering with...might end up with a SIM2 5 wood that I'll turn down to 17*.

Just got a SIM2 driver to replace a warranty issue with my SIM.  Might try get one of the new SIM hybrids at some point this year as well.  

I just replaced my Vokey 48* with a Zipcore 48* to match my other zipcore wedges.  

Later on this year, I'll be getting a ZX5/ZX7 combo set to replace my current PTx Pros.  PTx pros are fine, but browning is starting to occur in the irons I use most to practice with, so they will need to be replaced.  I may get one of the new Utility irons to compare to the Callaway Apex UT that I'm playing.  

Just sold my Toulon Las Vegas (double bend shaft), and I'll be buying a White Hot OG 7s to mess with.  I liked the Toulon, but prefer the feel of my Kingston KP1, and the toe hang on the KP1 and my stroke just got along better.  I'm hoping the OG 7s gives me the best of both of the Las Vegas and the KP1.  

I'm happy my wife doesn't read this site 😂  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM2 set 1 click lower- shaft TBD 

Fairway:  M3 3HL with Diamana Whiteboard 80s

Hybrids: 19* Adams 19* Proforce V2 85f4
Irons: 3 X Forged Utility (Proforce VTS 104s); 4 iron X Forged Utility, 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro:  All shafted with Modus 125s
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with Modus 125 Wedge shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58*. 

Putter: White Hot OG 7s or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

I returned to the game this past summer after about a decade out of the game. I'm considering a full set replacement just to get current and compliant. I currently have 20 year old (1999) GolfSmith Forged MB blade\Tour cavity blade combo set that I am perfectly comfortable playing.

Irons - forged MB blades 7-PW, forged cavity back blades 3-6 with DG X100 shafts, +3/8", bent 2* upright.

Wedges - Mizuno 51* MP-T series 51-06, Cleveland 588 RTG 56* & 60*.

Current driver - TM R580 - Grafaloy Blue X 45" 

Extra driver that I picked up cheap and never spent the time to tune it in: TM R7 425 TP -  Re-Ax 75 X (I may mess with this one a while before dropping the coin on a new one)

5 wood - GolfSmith RPC 3 RoughRider 19* UST SR10 Green shaft

Thinking of a set of Sub70 639MB+ 5-PW irons, maybe see if I can add another 639MB+ PW and get it's loft bent to 49*. Undecided on shafts, either DG X100 or S300.

Driver\3 wood\5 wood - doing research now

Dunno about wedges, would like a set of Vokey's but I might just get 3 Maltby heads and take a grinder to the soles to play with the different sole profiles before dropping the coin on expensive new wedges.

I have waiting in the wings for spring a whole PXG 0211 bag of clubs. Couldn't pass up when they dropped the irons to $99. They look fantastic. Am also waiting on the next price drop of the 0311P Gen 3 irons.

Also Purchased a new Cobra Radspeed XB driver & 5 wood. Not here yet. Went with the Navy colorway on both.

Driver: Cobra SZ Extreme @ 11.5 Degrees

5 Wood: Cobra F8 @ 17 Degrees

Hybrid: Cobra 3-4 OS @ 20.5 degrees

Hybrid: Cobra F9 @ 24 Degrees

Irons: Callaway Apex 19's 6-SW

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degrees

Putter: PXG Closer

Driver: Changed from PXG 0811 XF 9 Degree w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 6x to PXG 0811 X Proto w/ Adila Rogue White 130 M.S.I 70x

3 Wood: Kept Sim Max but changed shaft from The ATTAS 10th Gen 6s to Rogue White 130 M.S.I 80x

5 Wood: Kept Sim Max but changed from The ATTAS 10th Gen 7s to Graphite Design Tour AD VR 8x. 

Removed my Sim Max 4 hybrid and put in P790 4 iron. Keeping my 5-PW P790. Also keeping my 50 and 54 TM MG2 along with my 60 TM Hi toe. Lastly keeping my Machine Putter. Will never get rid of that bad boy. 

Edited by jahren

No plans for any new clubs, but I have reshafted several already.  Trying a UST Mamiya The Attas 7X in my Epic Flash driver, but it's gonna be tough to beat the G400 Max with Attas 4U.  Put an Attas 3 8X in my Big Bertha 5 wood, an Elements Wind 9X in my Rogue 7 wood, and S400 in my CBX 50, 56, and 60 degree wedges.  The DG 115 was just too light.  Haven't played the CBX's in a while, so this is really just an experiment.  I've been very happy with my Mizuno T20 54° and 60° thus far, but I love to tinker.  I have a Big Bertha OS 19° hybrid that I'm thinking of putting a new shaft in, as well as my SLDR 14° mini driver, though I'm fairly happy with the NV 2KXV green 75X that's in it right now.  I would like a bit of extra height out of it though, so I may throw an Elements Chrome + 7F5 in it.  Hopefully this winter hell hole with thaw out soon and I can actually try all these new shafts out.  I haven't been able to swing a club in months!

Edited by drumdude96

Bag 1                                                                                        Bag 2

PING G400 Max 10.5° UST Attas 4U 6TS 44"                      PING G25 10.5° Graphite Design 2419S Prototype

Taylormade SLDR Mini 14° NV 2KXV Green 75X 42"            PING G25 3 Wood Aerotech Steelfiber ss75 S

Callaway 2015 Big Bertha 5 wood Attas 3 8X 41.5"             PING G25 5 Wood Aerotech Steelfiber ss85 S

Callaway Rogue 7 Wood Elements Wind 9X 41"                   PING G25 23° Hybrid KBS Tour V 110

Callaway Rogue 24° Hybrid Tour AD DI 95X                        PING G25 Irons 5-UW KBS Tour V 120

Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 6-GW AMT Tour White s300    PING Glide 54° SS and 58° TS KBS 610 125

Mizuno T20 54° and 60° DG TI s400                                   PING Sigma Tyne H

Odyssey O-Works Red 7s