2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

SRIXON IRONS SOLD OUT!?

kjmtthws

3 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

If you hit them, you will buy them Hawk!😀 When I went for my fitting I had no idea I'd come away with the ZX5's. Hell, I went to hit the Wilson CB's and D7 Forged and the owner who I've known for 30 years said I needed to hit the Srixons. I have to say the new Callaway Apex's were really nice but not $40 a club nice. I hit the Ping G425's too and I can't believe how nice they felt compared to the G410's.

Which shafts did you go with? I just orderd a ZX7 8 iron with Nippon 105s to try out. Fitter here doesn't have Srixon so taking a stab at it myself. I may have some 8 irons for sale!

2 minutes ago, Cydkar said:

Which shafts did you go with? I just orderd a ZX7 8 iron with Nippon 105s to try out. Fitter here doesn't have Srixon so taking a stab at it myself. I may have some 8 irons for sale!

I was fit in the Modus 3 105's Stiff but hard stepped once.   I was between Stiff and X in the fitting but the X was pretty firm so we went stiff hard stepped over X soft stepped. 

3 minutes ago, CDM said:

I was fit in the Modus 3 105's Stiff but hard stepped once.   I was between Stiff and X in the fitting but the X was pretty firm so we went stiff hard stepped over X soft stepped. 

Is that normal for you or did you find the stiff to play softer than typical? Sorry for so many questions since I'll have one to try out regardless.

They also had Brooks win with them in the bag recently, that might have spiked the orders a little. 

• Thanks 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

31 minutes ago, Cydkar said:

Is that normal for you or did you find the stiff to play softer than typical? Sorry for so many questions since I'll have one to try out regardless.

No worries.  I normally play KBS Tour (120 gram) in stiff.  Been using it for years.........

In the fitting the KBS was not working like we hoped in the ZX7 head. So we went back to base line with the Modus to get raw numbers and played with shafts from there. I will say the MMT was pretty nice too...it shocked me ... just felt tooo light for some reason but good numbers overall! 

I did not get along with the Modus 3 120gm oddly as I hit it "high". I know some people note they have the same issue.  I know the spec chart for Nippon shows the 120 being low or high for people and the 105 is MID.   

Compared to the 120 the 105 actually was lower flight which is what we wanted launch wise.  It was just a bit softer in flex or I should say it felt that way because not 100% sure on that now hitting outdoors. I think it is just a smoother shaft then what I am used to (all nippon seem smooth actaully to me) Not sure if that makes sense as when I step on it it holds true.  Only thing was the X just seemed firmer/board'y to me feel wise.  (more a feel player then anything) 

The standard stiff when hit hard seemed to add a bit more launch then we wanted so we tried a HS Stiff and it worked.  NOW I note I was using a '21 Pro Vx which is higher launching ball so to speak and I was on Trackman....BUT it was indoors and I know there are questions about using trackman indoors. 

So far getting used to them I am very very happy and only expect it to get better once I practice more with them.

KEY as everyone notes, if you can get fitted.  If I did not I would of gone my standard KBS shaft and been probably very frustrated honestly. 

Edited by CDM

42 minutes ago, Cydkar said:

Project X 5.5

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

35 minutes ago, TTRacer said:

All sporting good are pretty much sold out right now, try and order a high end mountain bike...see what the wait time is.

14 months for a seat. 🤣

• Sad 1

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

49 minutes ago, TTRacer said:

All sporting good are pretty much sold out right now, try and order a high end mountain bike...see what the wait time is.

Getting close to a year waiting for my Trek. Hope my ZX5s don't take that long.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

3 hours ago, CDM said:

No worries.  I normally play KBS Tour (120 gram) in stiff.  Been using it for years.........

In the fitting the KBS was not working like we hoped in the ZX7 head. So we went back to base line with the Modus to get raw numbers and played with shafts from there. I will say the MMT was pretty nice too...it shocked me ... just felt tooo light for some reason but good numbers overall! 

I did not get along with the Modus 3 120gm oddly as I hit it "high". I know some people note they have the same issue.  I know the spec chart for Nippon shows the 120 being low or high for people and the 105 is MID.   

Compared to the 120 the 105 actually was lower flight which is what we wanted launch wise.  It was just a bit softer in flex or I should say it felt that way because not 100% sure on that now hitting outdoors. I think it is just a smoother shaft then what I am used to (all nippon seem smooth actaully to me) Not sure if that makes sense as when I step on it it holds true.  Only thing was the X just seemed firmer/board'y to me feel wise.  (more a feel player then anything) 

The standard stiff when hit hard seemed to add a bit more launch then we wanted so we tried a HS Stiff and it worked.  NOW I note I was using a '21 Pro Vx which is higher launching ball so to speak and I was on Trackman....BUT it was indoors and I know there are questions about using trackman indoors. 

So far getting used to them I am very very happy and only expect it to get better once I practice more with them.

KEY as everyone notes, if you can get fitted.  If I did not I would of gone my standard KBS shaft and been probably very frustrated honestly. 

The Modus 120 is one odd shaft. Other shafts Ive hit poorly, but predictably. The Modus 120 is totally random to me. I went 105 and really like it. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 10:49 AM, kjmtthws said:

@lefthack

Much better from a revenue perspective to have stuff sitting on shelves.. 

It costs them probably 20 bucks to make a club,, then they sell it for 160 a club.. Wouldn't you rather have a chance at $160 and miss out.. then to save 20 bucks.. 

Having too much inventory is never a problem -- having not enough after one single month is a sign that a company needs better management and forecasting

Sorry - but this founder and CEO disagrees.  I been running a north-American P&L for over forty years and never a red ink year.  Having too much inventory can always be problematic.  Why?  It's too easy to get stuck with excess product when buying patterns turn, and they always turn.  It's call merchandising for a reason.  Further, most large companies MUST finance large inventories, that means additional inventory costs.  LGS do not floor much or store much product in the backroom.  Also, keep in mind, at the retail level most companies do not have one product, but manage the inventory costs of many products.  The other factor that B&M, even online stores deal with is managing inventory for multiple warehouses, etc. 

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 4
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

As these are Endo Forged, I imagine the unit costs are higher than other forgings and thus they were being conservative with the initial order. Along with the all the other Covid issues, Ping and other manufacturers unable to deliver product, it's not surprising. I'm relieved because I need new irons and I can't be plunking down the money for ZX7s so supply is solving my liquidity vs self control problem. I'm super excited to compare the ZX7 vs my Daniel Berger 2011 TP MCs vs T100 and P770s.

• Like 1

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

On 2/16/2021 at 7:15 AM, Lobber said:

I had ordered a combo set a couple of weeks ago with MMT 105s.  The MMTs were not in yet so the build was delayed.  I subsequently cancelled the order in an effort to conserve cash during these crazy times.   Kind of kicking my self now that they are on backorder.  I am demoing the ZX5 Driver under their demo program and after 5 rounds must say it is a monster.  Much better than other new driver models I have hit

This is week #4 wait for me.  I think you were a week earlier on your order.  Same shafts, but all ZX7.    It was -12* this morning with 16" snow on the ground here in Iowa, so not in a hurry yet.  Has anyone tested the V sole in firm snow cover?  lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tdeutmeyer said:

This is week #4 wait for me.  I think you were a week earlier on your order.  Same shafts, but all ZX7.    It was -12* this morning with 16" snow on the ground here in Iowa, so not in a hurry yet.  Has anyone tested the V sole in firm snow cover?  lol

Suggest you use a Yellow ball!  No I got tired of waiting and cancelled the order.  Ordered a set of Apex 21 built to my specs.  Played my first round yesterday and was very impressed with all aspects.  I did notice that the Srixon site is not taking orders for drivers either.  I am gaming the ZX5 and loving it. Hope your clubs arrive soon. Sure they will be worth the wait

I placed an order for ZX5's last Saturday.  Estimated delivery is 3/31/2021.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 w/ Project X Evenflow Green 55 R shaft Fairway woods: Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 wood Hybrids: Callaway Big Bertha 4i and 5i Irons: Srixon ZX5 6-AW, Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54 and 58 degree Putter: mySpider X

I talked to the guy at the local shop today who said he was on the phone with Srixon earlier making an order and they didn't mention being sold out. He said it's possible they aren't selling on their website so they can still supply dealers. I'm going to try to order a set Friday so I'll let you know. 

• Like 1

I was told by the head of their Collegiate/HS purchase program that shafts and grips are their main issue. 

Apparently no one can get Golf Pride Grips, and Srixon had to switch their stock grips to some sort of Super Stroke.

I was just told 8 week minimum last week for custom orders for my collegiate players (the kids who didn't get their orders back to me in a timely manner are out of luck for the spring season) . I am a Srixon Ambassador (through coaching) with Srixon, and I placed my order in Late November, and only received my clubs (minus Hybrid and cleveland wedges) yesterday. 

In addition (different source) a container ship mishap headed for Long Beach back in early December has become a major supply issue for shafts and some components, as this ship contained several big shipments for the upcoming releases. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-shipping-container-accident/container-ship-loses-nearly-2000-cargo-carriers-in-pacific-storm-idUSKBN28E0T7

Ping G430 Max 9* Ventus Black 60x

Sim2 15* GD Tour Ad Hd 

Callaway X Hot pro 20* Hybrind Tour AD HD 95x

Srixon ZX-7 4-p Modus 120x

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58

Lab Mezz Max C/B 

There was a saying buyers had at the retailer I worked at...”hand slapped for an overstock, a** kicked for a not in stock”.  In addition to lost sales, you lose consumer confidence.

Edited by Frisco Kid
  • Thanks 1

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

Was there also a container story with Ping circulating?

I had heard the problem was GP grips, so I ordered mine with Lampkin (not installed) and Recoil shafts.  So, maybe I am just being an *ss, but I have started doubting the shaft and grip story too.  I am drawn to the situation because we have a company trying to make inroads on the dominance of an industry by others, and would think it was not in their best interest to only plaster on the front of their web page...sorry but we are out.  Would it not be appropriate to say sorry we are out, but (appropriate reason inserted here), and we anticipate having current orders filled by (insert appropriate date), and then we will resume taking new orders.

I think communication is an important part of success for any industry?

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

41 minutes ago, Lobber said:

I tried to call Srixon customer service today and got a recording saying that all the CS reps were in a training program.  Sent them an email two days ago and no response.  Unusual. 

I called Srixon this morning about 9am EST and got right through. Spoke to Fran (who is great btw and a real pistol). She told me the issue is 4 and 5 iron heads in the ZX5 and some shafts (no issue with Modus or KBS) so they had to list everything as “out of stock” on the website. Next issue is build time. Say you want a set of ZX7s 4-W with C Taper Lites. Inventory isn’t an issue but they are getting crushed with orders. Fran told me that she’d take care of me because she likes my fitter but would still be 5-6 weeks.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 12:45 PM, Cydkar said:

let me know if you want to pass it on as i want to demo that exactly club with the modus 105s also, thanks

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

12 hours ago, jaggolfer1 said:

I called Srixon this morning about 9am EST and got right through. Spoke to Fran (who is great btw and a real pistol). She told me the issue is 4 and 5 iron heads in the ZX5 and some shafts (no issue with Modus or KBS) so they had to list everything as “out of stock” on the website. Next issue is build time. Say you want a set of ZX7s 4-W with C Taper Lites. Inventory isn’t an issue but they are getting crushed with orders. Fran told me that she’d take care of me because she likes my fitter but would still be 5-6 weeks.

I know Fran and have spoken to her also.  Great lady and funny as hell!  They must be working overtime as 9EST is 6AM PST and they are located in Huntington Beach CA.  Sure it will be worth the wait.