Payntr Golf Shoes

Chilidog

Not getting the GFore shoe vibes. More like a sportier, mesh version of Eccos in my eyes. But besides that I actually think they look pretty sweet not going to lie. I probably won’t pull the trigger on them unless the reviews are phenomenal, but will definitely pay attention because I love the looks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Reviews starting to roll out and they are getting some good press. The first model being released looks like a spikeless and slightly more modern version of the TW '13, not a bad thing IMO. I've been wearing Ecco's for about 8 years now but these have my attention as a possible alternative. 

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, Pilk21 said:

I ordered the wide, said 4/1/21 on those, looks like the normal width is in stock now though 

ok that makes sense, thanks.  mine will ship by EOD today.

very curious about these shoes...kinda fell in love over the internet instead of buying the eccos i had my eyes on in person

How would anyone compare a shoe like this to a normal spiked shoe?  Traction?  Feel?  i hope i will enjoy these, but also still a little apprehensive about the switch 

Edited by want2bpro

• 2 weeks later...

I have played 3 or 4 rounds in these- my first spikeless shoe.  One day was pretty wet from rain the previous day.

Have not slipped once, they are very comfortable.  the only thing I could say if I was searching for a negative is that my right shoe (i swing righty) loosens a LOT more than my left from rotating/swinging.

other than that, i really like these shoes.

Edited by want2bpro

1 hour ago, want2bpro said:

I have played 3 or 4 rounds in these- my first spikeless shoe.  One day was pretty wet from rain the previous day.

Have not slipped once, they are very comfortable.  the only thing I could say if I was searching for a negative is that my right shoe (i swing righty) loosens a LOT more than my left from rotating/swinging.

other than that, i really like these shoes.

Indeed it could be a shoe issue but it also can be fixed with various lacing methods. I know it sounds crazy but I always do a heel lock shoe lacing of golf shoes 

Payntr shoe update:

One round in...I shot 35 on front 9! Was it the shoes? Anyway, one of my better ball striking rounds ever. Finished 76 and putted horribly. So that's good.

Never once slipped or even thought about my footing..That's what a good shoe will do.

Only issue is the insole is useless! I put in a 'superfeet' insole as I do with most all of my shoes as, let's face it, there is ZERO arch support in shoes anymore.

So, Payntr folks, if you're analytics take you to this post; Great shoe but spend a few bucks on the insole or better yet, at this price give 2 insoles for wearers to chose from.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a shipping delay on mine, can say their customer support was very quick to get back to me, and offered a nice discount on future purchases, which seems very likely after my first round.  Walked 18 in these the day after I received them in wet conditions, very comfortable and traction was great.  I normally wear a 12 in Adidas, and the 12 in Paynter fit a touch more loose than those. 

Currently wearing a pair of these. Passed the waterproof test and comfortable straight out of the box. Need a 1/2 size up in these I would say, also echo somebody above that the insoles are just thin rubbish which I've replaced. Nice sporty styling, comfy and good traction. I wouldn't class them as  a wide fit, no wider than M fit Footjoys to me.

Whatever works.

• 1 month later...

I've now played 3 rounds in my Payntr's and am extremely impressed. I've been wearing Ecco's exclusively for the last 5 years and have been wearing the Biom Cool Pro's for the last 2. I'm a 46 in Ecco's, ordered a size 12 and they are definitely snug. I took the insole out all together and have actually found them to be very comfortable without it. I suppose the other option if you prefer a supportive insole would be to order a 1/2 size up and then put a more substantial one in there. 

The first two rounds I played were early morning and the grass was soaked with dew, no issues at all in terms of waterproofing and the grip was excellent. Yesterday was a hot/dry/firm day and the shoes were excellent again. They seemed to breath pretty well and again no issues with slipping. I actually find them to be a little better in terms of grip than the Ecco's. They are a more flexible than the Ecco's but the larger heel makes them feel very stable despite the added flex and you really feel connected to the ground. 

All told I think this is a great shoe, I hope they do well and continue to produce golf shoes going forward. 

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

1 hour ago, Drudersh said:

I've now played 3 rounds in my Payntr's and am extremely impressed. I've been wearing Ecco's exclusively for the last 5 years and have been wearing the Biom Cool Pro's for the last 2. I'm a 46 in Ecco's, ordered a size 12 and they are definitely snug. I took the insole out all together and have actually found them to be very comfortable without it. I suppose the other option if you prefer a supportive insole would be to order a 1/2 size up and then put a more substantial one in there. 

The first two rounds I played were early morning and the grass was soaked with dew, no issues at all in terms of waterproofing and the grip was excellent. Yesterday was a hot/dry/firm day and the shoes were excellent again. They seemed to breath pretty well and again no issues with slipping. I actually find them to be a little better in terms of grip than the Ecco's. They are a more flexible than the Ecco's but the larger heel makes them feel very stable despite the added flex and you really feel connected to the ground. 

All told I think this is a great shoe, I hope they do well and continue to produce golf shoes going forward. 

How big is the toe drop on the Paytr compared to the Ecco?

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

1 hour ago, Bad9 said:

How big is the toe drop on the Paytr compared to the Ecco?

Definitely a low drop shoe similar to the Ecco's I've worn in the past. 

• Thanks 1
Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

• 8 months later...

Any more folks wearing them?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2022 at 5:52 AM, Minarets said:

Any more folks wearing them?

I actually just sent mines back. I wear a size 12 and when I tried them on they were snug in the toe. Unfortunately, I'm hesitant of ordering a size 13 (no 12 1/2s). Additionally, I had to pay for shipping to return. I will wait before ordering again. 

The local course that I practice at has these shoes in the clubhouse.  I've tried them on and I really like how they feel.  I've thought about getting them, but I don't like playing in spikeless shoes.  I don't have a miniscus in my left knee, so having spikes gives a better feeling of not slipping. 

Saying that, I've hit balls in spikeless shoes this year, and between some Eccos and other Adidas Tour360s, I've considered going the spikeless route.  The traction on the Payntr shoes look like I'd have no issues with slipping.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

On 4/16/2021 at 11:12 AM, bvan said:

Payntr shoes arrived. Insanely comfortable. I did get 1/2 size up and they seem perfect. I have not played yet but already a believer...

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

Are those medium or wide width?

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip