Fuji Pro 2.0 TS vs Tensi Orange Pro

Battle of the CB shafts. Anyone hit both? I am tempted to try the Tensi after have the Pro TS 7x and thinking maybe it’s too much shaft for me. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 63. [Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"]

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: Sub70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Tracked by Arccos

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuji Pro is not really CB. Nowhere is it advertised as such from Fujikura.

It may have a 'higher than normal balance point' but it is not made as such - for instance when a shaft OEM makes a shaft specifically for heavy driver heads.

Here's a old thread: https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1631578-tensei-po-vs-fuji-pro-20-ts/

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + TBD / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + TBD  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

Would think a little better comparable would be a rogue white TX....I’ve only tried the Av raw orange, but the rogue it’s very smooth and seems to spin a bit less.  The rogue allows me to work the ball a little bit better as well...the orange is a anti left(hook) machine. 

If you’re considering the 2.0, one in that level of cb would be the new rdx blue. Definitely would I would take into consideration.

Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/Ventus Black 7X/Rogue White 70TX(testing now)

Taylormade '17 M1 3HL w/ Fubuki Alpha 80X

Srixon U65  4 iron 23* AMT X100

Mizuno MP18 Hifli 5&6 TI X100

Srixon 785's 7-pw TI X100

Cleveland CBX2 48* TI X100

Wilson staff model forged 52, 56, & 60(hi toe) w/ S400's.

Ping Kushin 34"

TP5x

23 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Fuji Pro is not really CB. Nowhere is it advertised as such from Fujikura.

It may have a 'higher than normal balance point' but it is not made as such - for instance when a shaft OEM makes a shaft specifically for heavy driver heads.

Here's a old thread: https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1631578-tensei-po-vs-fuji-pro-20-ts/

Thanks for sharing that. Interesting how the profiles change by weight for the 2.0

18 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

Would think a little better comparable would be a rogue white TX....I’ve only tried the Av raw orange, but the rogue it’s very smooth and seems to spin a bit less.  The rogue allows me to work the ball a little bit better as well...the orange is a anti left(hook) machine. 

If you’re considering the 2.0, one in that level of cb would be the new rdx blue. Definitely would I would take into consideration.

I have the 7x TS in the pro 2.0 now and I think it’s ok. I got it blind on CPO on Black Friday to test a shorter shaft and should have done more research on the weight as that is almost 80g. Might consider the RDX BLUE. TXG has me think about that already. Only though of the orange because i have read reviews on it showing it’s promise and wondering if playing a smoother shaft might help my launch conditions. Maybe not though as I believe I pull on the handle to much to make it work. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 63. [Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"]

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: Sub70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Tracked by Arccos

1 hour ago, jgreer1421 said:

Was going to make a very similar comment.  I tried a lighter/stiffer 60TX PO plus a couple extra grams of head weight last year, hated it.  I've been a Mitsubishi "white" player in driver for a while, but something about the orange+my swing made me completely unable to hit anything but a 35yd fade. Went back to the trusty 70s ahina and my timing clicked right back in. 

This year I'm giving the G425 Max with rogue white a try. We'll see how that goes. I've never played Ping, figured I'd need something somewhat CB to get a reasonable swingweight. The driver I got ended up @D2 and 45" which seems reasonable.  Excited to lose the snow and give it a swing

As I understand it, Fuji Pro 2.0 TS is NOT CB.  I was told it's the next step following my Fujikura Fuel TS 60, which I played from its introduction to when I switched to Ventus Red.

Sometime back I tested a Tensei Orange Pro in a backup driver; found it similar in feel and specs to my Fujikura Fuel TS 60, so didn't bother changing. 

• Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1x, AVX, ProV1
10 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

As I understand it, Fuji Pro 2.0 TS is NOT CB.  I was told it's the next step following my Fujikura Fuel TS 60, which I played from its introduction to when I switched to Ventus Red.

Sometime back I tested a Tensei Orange Pro in a backup driver; found it similar in feel and specs to my Fujikura Fuel TS 60, so didn't bother changing. 

The Fuji Pro 2.0 TS falls into the CB category in the 70g and higher weight classes. The 60g weight class is a pretty standard "higher than neutral but not fully CB" that most shafts are falling in to these days. 

The 70g weight class has a similar balance point to the lighter Pro Orange models, with the heavier Pro Orange models being fully in the CB range and higher than the Fuji. 

Edited by Valtiel

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX 
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* HZRDUS T1100 95g
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 19* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

14 hours ago, hwturner17 said:

Interesting in a CB shaft for a Ping 425 LST head I have. Currently have a pro orange that is cut down a good bit. I love it, but always interested in other options

Give Hzrdus Smoke Yellow a try. I recently put a Small Batch 60tx, tipped 0.5" into my Mavrik SZ and it feels amazing. Due to the super stiff butt and tipp it feels really stable, but still smooth thanks to the softer mid section

3 hours ago, tmz016 said:

Give Hzrdus Smoke Yellow a try. I recently put a Small Batch 60tx, tipped 0.5" into my Mavrik SZ and it feels amazing. Due to the super stiff butt and tipp it feels really stable, but still smooth thanks to the softer mid section

Awesome! I'll see if I can find one. I think they should be relatively affordable on the used market at the moment