Anyone seen or heard about this upcoming rangefinder from Precision Pro?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, you guys are some serious cyber sleuths! That page wasn't supposed to be available to the public yet (don't worry, our webmaster has been appropriately flogged for his negligence).    T

News to me, but can you say "Garmin Z80", but on the phone instead of the view finder!!

Worth pointing out that Precision Pro released an app as well. Quick, easy to use, FREE, and has an easy, mid round on/off toggle for slope.     

Posted Images

News to me, but can you say "Garmin Z80", but on the phone instead of the view finder!!

Edited by dbdors
  • Like 1

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S / TM M5, 15*, Diamana Thump 75S / TM M5, 19*, Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: TEE C721 22*, KBS TGI 80S

Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 2, 55*, 60*, Accra 80i S
Putter: Evnroll ER1.2, 355g, KBS Tour One Step, 33", SS Mid-Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / BagBoy Quad XL
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Sky Caddie SX 400 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Looks interesting, a lot of tech but hopefully at a good price point. @Precision Pro Golf have any more info to share? 

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 6.0

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - NCW Boyd - and more. 

WITB Thread

4 minutes ago, Shushwap said:

This will not be cheap

Curious to see how well it would work 

Precision Pro is known for being the reliable brand that competes with the big names on a budget. I can't imagine this will be anywhere near the price range of the Bushnell Pro XE or the Garmin Approach Z82. If it is, I don't imagine they'll be selling many units. 

Looks very interesting. At $300 it would be worth trying out

TM Sim Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Ping G410 plus 3 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno MP20 Nippon Modus 120
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/940075-davids-bag-and-golf-room/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like that webpage is gone...

Cobra Radspeed - 7.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Motore F1 8X
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Taylormade 790 3 iron - Tensei White 100TX
Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS - TI X100

Taylormade MG2 TW - 56 & 60 - TI S400
Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

Man, you guys are some serious cyber sleuths! That page wasn't supposed to be available to the public yet (don't worry, our webmaster has been appropriately flogged for his negligence). 

The new rangefinder is called the R1 Smart Rangefinder and will be coming out towards the end of April. In the meantime, you can get a sneak peek of it in the devices tab of the new & free Precision Pro Golf App. We can't say much, but you're gonna want to download the app to make the most of the rangefinder. Be sure to stay tuned to our social accounts where we'll be dropping info on price, features, and pre-orders. 

Edited by Precision Pro Golf
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Precision Pro Golf said:

Man, you guys are some serious cyber sleuths! That page wasn't supposed to be available to the public yet (don't worry, our webmaster has been appropriately flogged for his negligence). 

The new rangefinder is called the R1 Smart Rangefinder and will be coming out towards the end of April. In the meantime, you can get a sneak peek of it in the devices tab of the new & free Precision Pro Golf App. We can't say much, but you're gonna want to download the app to make the most of the rangefinder. Be sure to stay tuned to our social accounts where we'll be dropping info on price, features, and pre-orders. 

Thanks for letting us know. Can't wait for details

TM Sim Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Ping G410 plus 3 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno MP20 Nippon Modus 120
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/940075-davids-bag-and-golf-room/"]WITB Link[/url]

1 hour ago, Precision Pro Golf said:

Oh man I really hope that's in jest and that your webmaster isn't in any actual trouble. I legitimately don't remember how I stumbled upon this page. Can't wait for more details to come!

2 hours ago, Precision Pro Golf said:

Sadly, no golf shows to stop in and discuss with you guys. I always enjoy visits as you guys are local to me. I can’t wait to read reviews/hear more.

Edited by Cwing

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* w/ Rogue Max
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos 
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven TU, Seemore si3, si5, Directed Force Reno, PING Ketsch
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Shot Scope V3

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

you can blame Andy at SGS for leaking the existence of the app. Anyway you’ll offer Apple Watch support? This app beats all others I’ve tried, and I’ve tried them all! Interested to see how it’ll work with the new laser zapper, guess I’ll have to buy the new model...

edit: Thanks for corresponding with us lowly cyber stalkers! Tell Eric “hi”.

Edited by jdubya13

WITB?  Who the hell knows these days...

1 hour ago, Afternoon Spray said:

Oh man I really hope that's in jest and that your webmaster isn't in any actual trouble. I legitimately don't remember how I stumbled upon this page. Can't wait for more details to come!

If he didn’t want to be flogged, he shouldn’t have flogged up. 😉 Just kidding... no webmasters were hurt (or even received a stern look) today. 

That was actually an old page that we used to judge golfer’s interest. They were interested. Very interested. And we’re excited to share it with all of you very soon!

51 minutes ago, jdubya13 said:

you can blame Andy at SGS for leaking the existence of the app. Anyway you’ll offer Apple Watch support? This app beats all others I’ve tried, and I’ve tried them all! Interested to see how it’ll work with the new laser zapper, guess I’ll have to buy the new model...

edit: Thanks for corresponding with us lowly cyber stalkers! Tell Eric “hi”.

Dang it, Andy! Jk, the app is actually 100% ready to start helping golfers shave strokes! So glad to hear that you're digging it!

Apple Watch support is high on our list of priorities and we aim to make that happen ASAP. Don't forget - when the time comes to upgrade, we offer a 30% trade in discount.

Assuming you're talking about our customer service rep extraordinaire, Eric gave a quick, "howdy" and then scurried back into the phone booth to don his superman cape and get back to helping customers.

• Haha 1

Dang it, Andy! Jk, the app is actually 100% ready to start helping golfers shave strokes! So glad to hear that you're digging it!

Apple Watch support is high on our list of priorities and we aim to make that happen ASAP. Don't forget - when the time comes to upgrade, we offer a 30% trade in discount.

Assuming you're talking about our customer service rep extraordinaire, Eric gave a quick, "howdy" and then scurried back into the phone booth to don his superman cape and get back to helping customers.

I was not aware of the trade in discount! Heading to your website right now to check it out...

Good to know about the Apple Watch support, as I use both the front-middle-back numbers from my watch and your zapper before I ultimately shank it to the adjacent fairway. 

WITB?  Who the hell knows these days...

• 2 months later...

MGS released a first look at the new rangefinder. Should be on their front page.

It looks great with all of the tech between the app and rangefinder. I'm definitely going to purchase and trade in my NX7 Pro. Hopefully this will kick Arccos to the curb for me. 

Titleist TSi3 10° - PX Smoke Blue RDX

Titleist TSi3 15° - PX Smoke Black RDX
Titleist TSi3 20° - PX Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100S 5-AW - Project X LZ
Vokey "Slate Blue" SM8 - 52°/56°/60° - Project X LZ
Edel EAS 1.0

I've always been a Bushnell guy, but this sounds next level! Pre-order✅ 

Taylormade Sim2 -- Graphite Design AD-IZ 6s
Titleist TSi2 5W -- Diamana Thump 75s
PXG 0317x 22° -- Nippon GOST
PXG Gen3 0311P 4 -- Modus 120x

PXG Gen4 0311T 5-Gw -- S400
JP Golf Premier Wedges 54° 58° -- KBS Hi Rev 2.0s
Lajosi Electric Blue Damascus LP809 -- BGT Stability Tour

3 hours ago, Laznasty said:

I've always been a Bushnell guy, but this sounds next level! Pre-order✅ 

Just placed my pre-order as well. Order said mid to late June. 

• Like 1

Edel EAS 1.0

Posted (edited)

Of course, I just ordered an NX9 yesterday, and this gets announced the next day!🤬 I contacted their customer service, and unfortunately they can't cancel that order, but they're saying I can return it for a refund, and I can pre-order the R1. I'll be curious about a few things before pulling the trigger:

• Is the GPS an internal unit or does it use the GPS on your phone? It sounds like it's internal, but I'd like to confirm, because phone GPS accuracy isn't always totally reliable
  • Is the switch on the side for tournament mode? Seems like that's likely what it is, but would like to confirm.
  • It mentions that it comes with a charging cord -- is that for the GPS only, or for the entire unit? On other PP devices, it mentions that a battery is included, so does this one use a rechargeable battery, and if so, how long will it work on a charge, and is the battery replaceable if it stops holding a charge?

Edited by 3_Jack_Par
punctuation/redundancy

Ping G410 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 46.5", Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x
Scratch SB-1 3-4 & 6-PW Nippon Modus3 120x or Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW Nippon Modus3 125x
Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

40 minutes ago, 3_Jack_Par said:

Of course, I just ordered an NX9 yesterday, and this gets announced the next day!🤬 I contacted their customer service, and unfortunately they can't cancel that order, but they're saying I can return it for a refund, and I can pre-order the R1. Before I pull the trigger, I'll be curious about a few things before pulling the trigger:

• Is the GPS an internal unit or does it use the GPS on your phone? It sounds like it's internal, but I'd like to confirm, because phone GPS accuracy isn't always totally reliable
  • Is the switch on the side for tournament mode. Seems like that's likely what it is, but would like to confirm.
  • It mentions that it comes with a charging cord -- is that for the GPS only, or for the entire unit? On other PP devices, it mentions that a battery is included, so does this one use a rechargeable battery, and if so, how long will it work on a charge, and is the battery replaceable if it stops holding a charge?

Found the answer to one of your questions. Ha

From their site:  An external switch easily turns slope on and off for tournament play. 

• Thanks 1

Edel EAS 1.0

Kind of crazy they aren't showing what the display will look like with all that information being shown

Cobra Radspeed - 7.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Fujikura Motore F1 8X
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Taylormade 790 3 iron - Tensei White 100TX
Srixon 745 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 - SST Pure
Ping Glide 3.0 - 50SS - TI X100

Taylormade MG2 TW - 56 & 60 - TI S400
Sik Pro C Armlock - LAGP

They've already done one pretty significant update to the R1 page since yesterday (where it mentions the external switch for tournament mode, among other things), so it won't be a surprise if we start seeing pics of the display pretty soon.

Ping G410 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 46.5", Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x
Scratch SB-1 3-4 & 6-PW Nippon Modus3 120x or Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW Nippon Modus3 125x
Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x