2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

The Stack System

Max21

I have been using it off and on for a while, and it definitely has added distance. I am about to turn 68, and I can still hit the ball 230-240 in the air. I do other golf related workouts as well that enable me to handle speed work. I am about to get back into it again after letting a sore back resolve itself (not a golf related problem). IMO, TSS works well if you put the work in and are smart about it.

4 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

I'm (late 40s) doing this as well as Fit for Golf sessions at the same time so I am generally sore - but not injured. Just different from my normal offseason routine which is....not much of anything exercise or golf related.

I’ve been doing a generalised strength and flexibility program for a long time (Gymnastic Bodies) but maybe I should be doing a specific program like Fit for Golf.

My thinking at the moment is to push through the last few sessions of the Foundation program and then reduce the load and go onto the Cruiser program. Hopefully I’ll keep my gains and my body can adapt/recover for a while and then I can tackle whatever program the app suggests next.

• Like 1

Can someone describe the actual workouts? I feel like I’ve looked everyone and for some reason can’t find a sample.  Even if it’s link to another system’s if similar I just can’t picture what it’s like. Just swinging? Or are there exercises/work outs? I’ve seen the references to the step and swings so I assume that’s a happy Gilmore style. Just trying to decide if it’s something I’d stick to. I see the reference to 25-30 minutes and can’t picture just swinging for that long. 

You just swing the stick a specific number of times at a specific weight. Sometimes you do "normal" fast swings, and other times you swing out of your shoes. No reverse swings, step swings, etc (at least in the programs I've done). The app also times your rest period between swings, and between weight changes. I'm guessing 1/2 the workout consists of prescribed rest between swings/weight changes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, philsRHman said:

Can someone describe the actual workouts? I feel like I’ve looked everyone and for some reason can’t find a sample.  Even if it’s link to another system’s if similar I just can’t picture what it’s like. Just swinging? Or are there exercises/work outs? I’ve seen the references to the step and swings so I assume that’s a happy Gilmore style. Just trying to decide if it’s something I’d stick to. I see the reference to 25-30 minutes and can’t picture just swinging for that long. 

Here’s an example

image.png.e3cf037b1e99cad00c735548afc4f8b7.png

This is workout 2 of phase 3 of Full Speed Spectrum.  There’s ~12 seconds between swings and three minutes between sets. 

• Like 1

Thanks, guys. Does everyone bundle this with a workout regiment? Or is the theory you’ll add speed with the system alone? I’m 45, quite overweight (5-foot-6, 230 lb), but still manage to swing about 110. Been saying for 18 months “this is the week” to commit to Fit for Golf or he’ll just eat a damn salad, do some push-ups and get on the right path. 

2 hours ago, philsRHman said:

Thanks, guys. Does everyone bundle this with a workout regiment? Or is the theory you’ll add speed with the system alone?

You’ll see more results and sooner if you pair the Stack with a good gym routine, and you’ll also be less likely to pick up an injury using the stack if you’re in better overall shape.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

On 11/28/2022 at 6:08 AM, Pens #1 fan said:

Can you use the is there a way to use stack system without investing extra money for one of the LM. 

No, it wouldn't make any sense without one of the (relatively cheap) radars like PRGR.

It gives you feedback plus it's integral to the programming which adjusts according to how fast you are swinging various weights.

First foundation completed with somewhat underwhelming results. Driver lost 2 mph, 195g gained 1 mph and all the other weights were +- 1mph.

Single hand swings were slower, left hand only -3mph and right hand only -8 mph.

I won't panic; I have read pretty much all the Stack threads on all the forums and the "hard gainers" always appear to get their gains eventually, provided that they stick to the program. Would have been nice to get quick gains like the majority, but it was not to be...Neural Drive up next.

37 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

First foundation completed with somewhat underwhelming results. Driver lost 2 mph, 195g gained 1 mph and all the other weights were +- 1mph.

Single hand swings were slower, left hand only -3mph and right hand only -8 mph.

I won't panic; I have read pretty much all the Stack threads on all the forums and the "hard gainers" always appear to get their gains eventually, provided that they stick to the program. Would have been nice to get quick gains like the majority, but it was not to be...Neural Drive up next.

Are you using the PRGR, what’s is your baseline swing speed 

8 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

Yes using the PRGR.

Driver baseline 115 -> 113 progress check. 

195g stack 102 baseline -> 103 progress check.

I’m no where near your speed, I know the system is popular, but to spend an extra $350 for a monitor that is only going to be used for that. At least PRGR is $200. Has anyone used these monitors that stack suggest for practicing and getting numbers. 

As much as I've enjoyed the app over the first few weeks, I'm going to be completely honest and say I just cant see this being worth $99 a year in the long run. It would probably take 10 minutes or so to go through and write down all the workouts you are doing. Maybe it wont be as "neat" as the app in the long run but IMO it just does not seem worth the money.

For me at least - this is absolutely an offseason routine, I would never go through something like this during my tournament season or when I have matches every week. But for the offseason I feel like I could create a notebook for myself of the workouts to go through.

The club itself is really well made though, I'm impressed overall. And having the junior model makes it a heck of a lot easier for a normal joe with a small place and no outdoor options in the winter. Definitely way better than nothing.

The PRGR for me has been spot on, I took it to the simulator one night and every swing was within 1-2 mph of the TM4 readout. Thats fine with me. As I stated, I'm going to be using it to measure gains relative to itself - meaning my baseline on the PRGR is 106 so thats what I'm measuring against, I dont care if its X mph off of some other device.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...

This week I hit 112 ss at the range - with range balls and layers on in December. 164 ball speed was my max. I was shocked to say the least. I will say one thing about this system, I am learning to swing faster but also more balanced, no Happy Gilmore nonsense. Maybe part of that is not wanting to slam this thing into my basement ceiling and have my wife murder me LOL. But a lot of it is mental IMO - proving that I can swing faster and still hit good playable drives. I'd be thrilled if this was my initial plateau and backed it off a it from here.

I will do a longer writeup once i finish the foundation but that is probably a month off.

• Like 4

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 9:20 AM, ilikegolf26 said:

Is this worth 3.5x what the Max Swing Speed Trainer costs?

I guess it just depends what you're looking for. For the stack, the app itself has so much to offer and they are constantly updating it to include more training regiments so you can change it up often and there is now a putting training program within the app as well. The app just keeps getting better imo

1 hour ago, Max21 said:

I guess it just depends what you're looking for. For the stack, the app itself has so much to offer and they are constantly updating it to include more training regiments so you can change it up often and there is now a putting training program within the app as well. The app just keeps getting better imo

I had an issue with the app on one workout that it was calculating something wrong. I got an email back within minutes, they worked through something on the backend, fixed it, deleted that workout and had me up and running again within a day.

Its not cheap. But the club itself is very well put together and so far I'm thrilled with the customer service.

• Like 1

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

I’m up consistently 10 mph swing speed.  That pretty much pays for the product.  I’ve only hit a few real shots since starting and all the numbers went up the same.  

question- what happens in Phase 4?

phase2 is training your body to swing harder.

3 is max speed training.

What’s Phase4

00B383BF-E27D-4CF4-975A-AA5723206099.jpeg

B246CFD5-95E8-46EC-A855-3755410F58A5.jpeg

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone messed up their on course swing doing this ? 

Edited by JourdanM

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

1 hour ago, JourdanM said:

No, but I played while I was still on the 3rd level.  And I didn’t go to the range before.  Took me a swing or two to get back into tempo

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

2 hours ago, JourdanM said:

Nothing like that for me. On course/cruising speed has gone up almost 6 mph in the roughly 3 months since I started this and the Fit for Golf app. The more I use Stack its also changing my mental game - you just get more comfortable swinging faster; especially when you hit the range and start to see the differences.

Here are my charts from finishing the Foundation.

20230204_132251.jpg

• Like 4

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

16 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

Nothing like that for me. On course/cruising speed has gone up almost 6 mph in the roughly 3 months since I started this and the Fit for Golf app. The more I use Stack its also changing my mental game - you just get more comfortable swinging faster; especially when you hit the range and start to see the differences.

Here are my charts from finishing the Foundation.

20230204_132251.jpg

Agreed. I had to take a few months off due to a shoulder injury and am jumping back in today but i feel like while i gain speed with the the stack it also allows me to gain so much control over the club with the added speed. (Does that make sense? Lol)

• Like 1

Haven't been able to hit the range or course since getting going with The Stack.  About 6 sessions in on the Foundations.  Big fan of it so far.  Its a peloton compared to an 80s exercise bike (Speed Sticks).  Good call by the Stack offering a trade in program where you get a discount when you turn in your current speed training tools.  Quick question:  are you all seeing improvements in CHS and ball speed from the program on the range and course?  I am up 6 mph in driver e speed, but not sure how much of that is me getting acclimated swinging hard without hitting a ball (stack website says some people swing 20% slower without hitting a ball or something like that but improve/acclimate pretty quickly).  I don't think I've experienced any true gains yet because my current driver e speed in the app is two mph slower than my last time measuring chs with a trackman on the range in Nov. 2022.  Hopefully will get to that chs number as my e speed in a week or so and continue the gains from there.

I am just curious if others were in my boat and wondering if a lot of the initial gains in the app are due to getting comfortable swinging without hitting something and not true gains above and beyond.

Still a great product (super impressive), just thinking that some portion of users initial gains (average of 6 to 10 mph of e speed within 6 to 8 weeks) has to be due to acclimating swinging hard without hitting something.

Current WITB:

Titleist TSR3 9.5 - Ventus Velocore Black 6X / Tensei 1K Black 6TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3+ - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 7X

Taylor Made UDI 2 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Taylor Made P790 3 and 4 - KBS C-Taper 120S

Taylor Made P760 5-PW - KBS C-Taper 120S

Callaway MD5 Jaws 52.12 W and 58.12 X - DG 115 Wedge

Toulon Las Vegas 2022 - Stroke Lab 34"