The Stack System

Max21

8 hours ago, JDIL said:

Screw it. Ordered it. Expensive. But will sell some of the extra 15 clubs I have sitting around in the garage.

Also will stick with the blue SSR for now until I find a good used PRGR HS-130A

Mine gets here Thursday… right before I leave for a golf trip…

Bought the PRGR too… no new driver I guess…

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

40 minutes ago, dillardiv said:

I'll be the token "don't buy new clubs, improve your speed and you'll benefit throughout the entire bag" guy

I figure a few runs through the program to see where my speed can get, and then I will see if my current driver needs to be updated... It would be like buying new pants while on a diet... they hopefully won't fit in 6 months!

I'm very curious to see how it goes, and will be tracking my progress in a different thread, that I currently can't conveniently link... but it's my thread in the Long Driver's Lab in Equipment... Chasing 120 MPH.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

Got my Stack today and did the Baseline.  I love the stack app because I can have it record my numbers and it gives me prescribed reps.  Perhaps this system is superior but I prefer the actual swinging of the rypsticks and the drills much more.

However just because u enjoy a exercise does not mean it is  more helpful.

For reference im swinging the Rypstick with a single weight at 120mph but the fastest I got the 195g stack was 101mph.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:39 AM, dsmil said:

Yes, I believe that PRGR is more accurate and consistent.  I've heard that SSR overstates swing speed by quite a bit and isn't as consistent.

According to Stack System they have obtained and tested each radar system that they recommend and have tweaked their algorithms to account for which radar system u are using.  If SSR overstates your speed, they account for that in their calculations

Edited by puresurfr
  • Like 2

the stack system weighs approx 482g fully stacked and The Rypstick weighs 380g fully loaded.......Im guessing because the Rypstick is about 4" longer , the extra length is equivalent to 30g. ( thats just a guess )

For those of you who own a rypstick, there is also a 60g butt cap weight that screws into the grip butt resulting in a 440g total weight stick.  If it was possible to machine a hole into the tip of the weight barrel, i could effectively have a 440g weight which is almost equivalent to the stack system.  The reason for this is it will give me enough flexibility to perform the stack system workout but using the Rypstick as my club.

*my only concern is that the thread on the 60g weight is not strong enough and may snap off

On 10/7/2021 at 12:45 PM, thigos said:

I'm joining the party.  Just got mine in yesterday.  Going to try and track my progress in this thread.  Seeing other people's results here is encouraging.  Using the 2021 PRGR black.  For reference, I'm 37 y.o. and feel like I've lost some distance in the past couple of years.  Fingers crossed for some nice progress.

Baseline:

stack base.jpg

This is very interesting....Your stack speed is 98mph but your espeed is 108mph and you use the PRGR black.  My stack speed is 98mph and my espeed is 104mph.  I believe the difference is attributed to which radar system you are using.  It has been said that the SSR reads fast, so it would need to be dialed back, hence my 104 espeed vs 108 speed.

Stack system mentioned that they test each radar system and develops a algorithm for each system.  I love that !

• Like 1

I'm halfway through phase 1 and am showing a little progress.  I am not planning on doing the Progress Check until I complete phase 1. I am pretty much swinging with "max intent" for every swing.  I didn't realize the recomendation to go full intent when I started, so I have just stuck with Max.

My actual driver speed when hitting a ball is between 105 and 112.  (measured on gc3, not prgr).

Anyway, here is baseline compared to today: 

stack base.jpg

stack 11-3.jpg

stack 11-3  b.jpg

• Like 2

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

I made a DIY Stack club. 

41.5" long, 295 grams. I'm maxing out at 125mph on a 2021 PRGR. Can someone with similar numbers tell me my "eSpeed"?

Ping G430 Max 10.5* w/ GD Tour AD TP
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 18* w/ GD Tour AD DI

Srixon ZX MkII 19* & 24* w/x100
Titleist T100s w/ PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 48-52-56-61 w/ PX 6.5

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mil Spec  

On 11/3/2021 at 3:57 PM, thigos said:

I'm halfway through phase 1 and am showing a little progress.  I am not planning on doing the Progress Check until I complete phase 1. I am pretty much swinging with "max intent" for every swing.  I didn't realize the recomendation to go full intent when I started, so I have just stuck with Max.

My actual driver speed when hitting a ball is between 105 and 112.  (measured on gc3, not prgr).

Anyway, here is baseline compared to today: 

stack base.jpg

stack 11-3.jpg

I'd say 9 mph of improvement on your 195 is pretty good! I'm only up 5 mph over a similar period of time.

So I have some concerns I'm not using the PRGR correctly... was hitting my driver on a GC Hawk today and they disagreed by about 7 mph (biggest variance)... 111 on the GC and 104 on the PRGR. 

Any suggestions for proper setup with the stack? How far back are you putting it? It is not a huge deal, but I'd rather have the numbers as close to right as possible.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

Does anyone have experience with the “Swing Speed Radar” spitting back speed numbers that are significantly slower? I’ve read some say it over estimates and spits back very generous speed numbers… my speed numbers are significantly slower than what Trackman says. Just pulled the trigger on the PRGR and hope it provides more numbers accurate speed numbers. 

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

Here is my review of the Stack System and background.

This year I have had surgery on both elbows and didn't get out onto the course until July. This year I have also had cortisone injections in my right rotator cuff, left ac joint, neck, C5, L5-S1 and right knee. I have lost quite a bit of speed over the past few years due to life, work, kids, injuries etc.

It took me a little longer to complete the foundation course because I took an extra day off here and there, took a week off and towards the end I had a hamstring injury on my trail leg and tried to fight through it but that brought my numbers down a bit.

Overall I saw a 7 mph increase in club head speed which has translated to about 18-25 yards on the course. I played a course that I play a lot and was hitting my driver further than I ever have before. Conditions up here in New England aren't the best either. The ground isn't frozen so I'm not getting those big bounces with tons of roll out. If anything it's wetter and the fairways are a bit furry. Plus it's colder and windier too. I played my home course last week, normally I play the white tees but moved back to the blue tees and was hitting my driver to where I normally hit it from the white tees. There is about a 20-30 yard difference on most holes from blue to white.

Has this swing speed increase carried over to my irons? No, but I try to control those more and not swing for distance. I am working on swinging faster with my irons while maintaining centeredness of contact.

I like the way the app tells you when and what time to work out;

I did like the first program it put me through, looking forward to the next;

I like that it is fewer swings per session and from only one side;

I did try Super Speed and like this better. 

9F56300E-71FC-4F1F-87C9-A934186F7964_1_105_c.jpeg.6ef3262c53c03c0d15cdc7473a9af970.jpeg

Edited by TheGolfingRealtor

Has anyone tried the RypRadar? It says it is 99% as accurate as the PRGR, but is 1/2 the price? I already have a GC3, but was hoping to save some money on the radar with the Stack?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9° | Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*  | Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX

Titleist  '23 T200 (4) T100 5-9  | PX Rifle 6.5
Titleist  SM9 46 / 50 / 54 / 58  | PX Rifle 6.0

**Putter Unknown**

21 hours ago, Forged4life said:

Just finished first phase. Very frustrated because had an immediate jump then a steady rise and then last 3 sessions went down to my last session which was same speed as 7th session. Seriously I got slower? Ugh 

7AC865F6-459C-45F7-9EA4-B20BA4814696.png

this is where all these 'systems' fall down.

Please, dont believe all the hype. There is no scientific system, there isnt even any evidence that overspeed (ie swinging something lighter) is any better than swinging a driver (unless you can show me otherwise).

as ive said elsewhere, ive had the same results as everyone else without any sticks of any description. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, milesgiles said:

this is where all these 'systems' fall down.

Please, dont believe all the hype. There is no scientific system, there isnt even any evidence that overspeed (ie swinging something lighter) is any better than swinging a driver (unless you can show me otherwise).

as ive said elsewhere, ive had the same results as everyone else without any sticks of any description. 

Im not sure why u hate overspeed training so much.  I totally get that you have had great gains just using your driver but i see u go out of your way to slam on these training aids.  I guess i always chime in because i love trying out new stuff.  Im sure just swinging a club really fast helps a great deal but the super stack system is fun and the app is beneficial to those of us who need constant reminders to work out. 

Edited by puresurfr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2021 at 10:23 AM, Forged4life said:

Just finished first phase. Very frustrated because had an immediate jump then a steady rise and then last 3 sessions went down to my last session which was same speed as 7th session. Seriously I got slower? Ugh 

Congrats man !!!!!  Thats roughly just over a month of work and u have gained an avg of 8mph......Thats awesome gains for such a short time......im finishing up my Foundation and i think i may have gained 2mph max !  im planning to do 10 routines ( 18 sessions per routine ) to hopefully get 10 mph total gains.

On 11/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, Forged4life said:

Before today my highest Training Speed was session 4 of Foundation. I finally went higher  today during session 8 of Full Speed Spectrum. That’s 22 sessions later. Stick with it!

Also, I’ve recently started taking more rest between sessions and I think it’s helped. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Before today my highest Training Speed was session 4 of Foundation. I finally went higher  today during session 8 of Full Speed Spectrum. That’s 22 sessions later. Stick with it!

Also, I’ve recently started taking more rest between sessions and I think it’s helped. 

Well did the check in and actually have gained a good deal. App says now to do “full speed spectrum” program. 

765A2FA1-9B49-4540-94B3-FCF78F014F92.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, puresurfr said:

Im not sure why u hate overspeed training so much.  I totally get that you have had great gains just using your driver but i see u go out of your way to slam on these training aids.  I guess i always chime in because i love trying out new stuff.  Im sure just swinging a club really fast helps a great deal but the super stack system is fun and the app is beneficial to those of us who need constant reminders to work out. 

I have less of a problem with the app. From what I know of it, it sounds like something a personal trainer would give you in a gym. If you really want your hand held to that extent, I dont know why you would personally, but thats up to you I suppose..

Its the claims for overspeed that grinds my gears, the same as duff pieces of gym equipment. Ive made the same point at least a dozen times in 3 weeks and Still no one can link me to a study in Any sport that there is anything at all to overspeed training. Until Im shown otherwise its expensive snake oil that is taking advantage of people, and I cant approve of that.

6 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

I have less of a problem with the app. From what I know of it, it sounds like something a personal trainer would give you in a gym. If you really want your hand held to that extent, I dont know why you would personally, but thats up to you I suppose..

Its the claims for overspeed that grinds my gears, the same as duff pieces of gym equipment. Ive made the same point at least a dozen times in 3 weeks and Still no one can link me to a study in Any sport that there is anything at all to overspeed training. Until Im shown otherwise its expensive snake oil that is taking advantage of people, and I cant approve of that.

People have shown many things. Not their fault you won’t believe it or read it. Im faster than when I started so that’s a fact. On the contrary please show me a gym trainer that will give me a specific swing speed protocol, especially since you don’t think it works. Kind of doesn’t make sense with that comment.

if you’re not into it cool, move along with your holier than thou comments and let other people share their stories. No one needs your approval (seriously lol) Thanks 

Edited by Forged4life
  • Like 3