• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its probably the shaft creating the long wait time.  All companies are having issues getting these shafts in.

Anyone placed an order at TM recently? Specifically the 770s?  I was looking to order a set with MMT shafts and the est ship date is 6/25.    That accurate based on your experience?

That’s the timeline (May) I just received from TM and potentially into June.  So I ended up ordering Apex 21 that are shipping in less than three weeks.

Posted Images

Wow......that's brutal. I ordered a set on 12/31 and the arrived on 2/8. Great set of irons! I've hit them in a sim a few times since the arrived, but had a chance to hit them outside today for the first time. Huge improvement over the P790. They feel really good, seem to be plenty forgiving and I was shocked at how great the launch was. Very easy to hit.

8 hours ago, coomdaddy said:

Anyone placed an order at TM recently? Specifically the 770s?  I was looking to order a set with MMT shafts and the est ship date is 6/25. 

That accurate based on your experience?

its probably the shaft creating the long wait time.  All companies are having issues getting these shafts in.

• Like 2
G425 MAX 9*
G425 LST 3W
G425 3H,4H
SRIXON ZX5 5-PW W/ MMT105S HS ONCE.
MG2 48 // MG HT RAW 52, 56
ODYSSEY 2 BALL CS 38"

most places are like this, i'm not getting my Cobras (Forged Tec) until like April. I ordered them last month

Cobra Radspeed XB tour length 9 w/ PX Hzrdus RDX Smoke Black 80
Cobra F9 Tour 13.5 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 70
Titleist TS3 Hybrid 20 w/ PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 130

Cobra King MIM Black 56 and 60 wedges w/ Modus 130

SGC #002 flow neck 385g

9 hours ago, tomg1969 said:

Wow......that's brutal. I ordered a set on 12/31 and the arrived on 2/8. Great set of irons! I've hit them in a sim a few times since the arrived, but had a chance to hit them outside today for the first time. Huge improvement over the P790. They feel really good, seem to be plenty forgiving and I was shocked at how great the launch was. Very easy to hit.

Same lead time/delivery for me on my 770s. Highly recommend though and are worth the wait. 

1 hour ago, Gtyler14 said:

I didn’t order p770 but I ordered p7mb 5-pw and 4 iron mc and I ordered it 1/4 and said ship date 3/4 and I received them about 2 weeks after I ordered them. All the times I’ve ordered things from Tm it’s been sooner but I also a tw mg2 4 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything from them about it yet.

Per my pro the MG2 wedges are about to be replaced. He’s not certain if they will be mg3 or a new name. I have an order in as well but he might cancel it to be sure of getting the newer version. 

WITB
Titleist TSi3 9* PX Riptide CB 60s

Titleist TS3 strong 3 wood 13.5* PX Hzrdus. Smoke 75s

Titleist 818H2 19* hybrid Tensei Blue

Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125s

Taylormade MG2 50* 54* 58* DG S300

Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select 34” with flow neck by LaMont

Damn when I got mine it was the week they were released to the public. But after an extensive shaft fitting the shaft I wanted was not an option thru taylormade. So I ended up buying a set with stock kbs s120 shafts, boight another set of shafts, and then had them built here at Carls Golfland. Have heard nothing but horror stories about people trying to get their sticks. I wasn't thrilled about paying an extra 500 bucks, but I guess at the end of the day I got them last season and they are such a good club. Zero regrets with the purchase. 

4 hours ago, Shilgy said:

Per my pro the MG2 wedges are about to be replaced. He’s not certain if they will be mg3 or a new name. I have an order in as well but he might cancel it to be sure of getting the newer version. 

Well damn. I was wanting the tw grind but I looked and it’s a 5/4 ship date now so I don’t know what I’m going to do now.

I hope it’s just a delay on shafts. My shop said the delay was on heads. I can’t start golf for another month here, so it’s not big deal yet but I’ve already been waiting over a month and I don’t have any irons to start the year with. 

TS3 10.5 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65s

TS2 16.5 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75s

915h 18 and 24 diamana s+

P770 5-PW Steelfiber i95

MD5 49s, 53w, 58c

Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5  

Snell MTB-X 

• 2 weeks later...

Got fitted for the 770's and placed an order with GG on 2/13. When I placed the order, they never gave me an estimated ship date. I was about to sell my old clubs and then thought I should probably find out when mine are supposed to ship before selling mine. I am not sure how to track the order through TM, or if it is even possible since I ordered through GG, so I opened up a case with GG. I ordered 4-PW with the KBS Tour T 2020 shaft, standard shaft, and 1up on the lie angle. After a few back and forth emails, I was told yesterday that I won't have my irons until May, but it would have been longer if I didn't change the shaft.  I was told that the heads are out until 4/20 and that the KBS shafts are out even longer. Not what I was hoping to hear as I am going on a golf trip in early May, but I kind of expected it after playing around on the TM website and seeing the expected delivery dates.

21 hours ago, cer5059 said:

Got fitted for the 770's and placed an order with GG on 2/13. When I placed the order, they never gave me an estimated ship date. I was about to sell my old clubs and then thought I should probably find out when mine are supposed to ship before selling mine. I am not sure how to track the order through TM, or if it is even possible since I ordered through GG, so I opened up a case with GG. I ordered 4-PW with the KBS Tour T 2020 shaft, standard shaft, and 1up on the lie angle. After a few back and forth emails, I was told yesterday that I won't have my irons until May, but it would have been longer if I didn't change the shaft.  I was told that the heads are out until 4/20 and that the KBS shafts are out even longer. Not what I was hoping to hear as I am going on a golf trip in early May, but I kind of expected it after playing around on the TM website and seeing the expected delivery dates.

That’s the timeline (May) I just received from TM and potentially into June.  So I ended up ordering Apex 21 that are shipping in less than three weeks.

Edited by jcosjrgolf
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, dethman said:

configured a set of p770 4-p, ctapers, says ship date is 3/24.  must be your shaft.

I've messed with the configurator a few times, and it seems to be wonky at night. I just did a set now, and got this, which lines up to the information I got. TM is out of heads until 4/20. Very depressing.

image.png.88c1bdcdb1a216bc98dedff21b7f25d6.png

I have the 790s and wanted to get 770s for 9 & PW but the long wait has me wondering what to do. My c-taper 130x show June so could just re-shaft myself but I wanted to try side by side. 

Going in soon to my fitter/builder to fine tune Sim2 driver so we’ll see his thoughts. 

On 2/20/2021 at 10:57 PM, tomg1969 said:

Huge improvement over the P790. They feel really good, seem to be plenty forgiving and I was shocked at how great the launch was. Very easy to hit.

What did you like better over the 790s? My worry is the launch will be higher even if I match lofts of my 790s as I hit a high ball. I find 790s workability fine just want to have something smaller for 3/4 9i and PW shots I like to hit. 

Got an update on my P770s, Taylormade has finished building them and will be shipping them to the golf shop. The shop will then check all specs, so I should be able to pick them up mid March. So if I get to pick them up by March 13th that would put it right at 2 months from when I order them in January. 

TS3 10.5 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65s

TS2 16.5 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75s

915h 18 and 24 diamana s+

P770 5-PW Steelfiber i95

MD5 49s, 53w, 58c

Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5  

Snell MTB-X