Any Autoflex Users In The Building?

M44km44k

For me - SF505 playing at 45" at a hair over D1 swingweight. My average driver SS is 96 - 98 with a quick transistion. When comparing my old shaft ( Tensie Red Regular at 49 grams ) my ball speed went from 136 - 140. Main thing for me was dispersion, so much better with the Autoflex. The extra distance 8 - 12 yards ( with a good swing ) is just a bonus!!!!!

Stock Sim Max 10.5* head lofted down to 9*, if I remember correctly the head weighed 196 grams. I am also using a Jumbomax Ultralight XL grip which weighs right at 50 grams. No other counterweights lead tape or anything.

• Like 2

DRIVER -    Taylor Made Sim 2 - 9* | 🔥🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥🔥
3 WD -        PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥🔥

HYBRIDS- PXG Gen 2 -  2/3/4 | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
IRONS -       PXG Gen 4 -  0311XP 5 - GW | Mitsubishi MMT 80 Stiff
WEDGES -  Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX XL ULTRALIGHT grips on ALL 
PUTTER -   PXG ☠️One and Done☠️
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag
BALLS -       Bridgestone BXS / Pro V1

19 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

For me - SF505 playing at 45" at a hair over D1 swingweight. My average driver SS is 96 - 98 with a quick transistion. When comparing my old shaft ( Tensie Red Regular at 49 grams ) my ball speed went from 136 - 140. Main thing for me was dispersion, so much better with the Autoflex. The extra distance 8 - 12 yards ( with a good swing ) is just a bonus!!!!!

Stock Sim Max 10.5* head lofted down to 9*, if I remember correctly the head weighed 196 grams. I am also using a Jumbomax Ultralight XL grip which weighs right at 50 grams. No other counterweights lead tape or anything.

Thanks for the info! Did you play the Tensei red at 45" as well? If I could get those results I'd be so pumped? 

I’m currently using a SF505 uncut on a SIM 9* lofted down to 8.25* with singweight at a bit under D2. I tried to lighten the head more but it did not work out as well for me. Currently have a 9g weight in the rear and a 10g weight in the front. I have some more weights coming to try to move more weight back into the rear while keeping a similar swing weight.

Currently the head is at about 192g

Definitely faster with more carry distance, but I’ve lost accuracy vs my previous shaft. 

• Like 1

Interesting... I'm gonna start at raw length as well. I find it hard to believe I'll be able to improve accuracy at 46+". Definitely should be fun to try. I usually play 44.5. can't imagine how uncomfortable those first swings will be.

Did you mess with weight on grip end or just lightening head?

5 hours ago, M44km44k said:

Thanks for the info! Did you play the Tensei red at 45" as well? If I could get those results I'd be so pumped? 

Yes I did, 45". What results you looking for? Ball speed was 136 with the Tensei, exact same Sim Max 10.5* head lofted down to 9*.

8 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

Yes I did, 45". What results you looking for? Ball speed was 136 with the Tensei, exact same Sim Max 10.5* head lofted down to 9*.

I was just saying if I gain 4mph ball speed while improving dispersion I will be very happy. I'm actually exited to hear that you got those gains without major adjustments to weight and no change in length.

Yes Sir, and didn't make any adjustments to my swing at all. 

37 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

Interesting... I'm gonna start at raw length as well. I find it hard to believe I'll be able to improve accuracy at 46+". Definitely should be fun to try. I usually play 44.5. can't imagine how uncomfortable those first swings will be.

Did you mess with weight on grip end or just lightening head?

Haha yeah, I had the same thought. My previous shaft was played at 46” as well so I wanted to start there before cutting it down and tossing more weight back into the head.

I’ve only lightened the head so far.

Hope it works out for you!

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2021 at 6:21 PM, M44km44k said:

Curious what flex, length, head, and swing weight is working for you. I have a SF505 on the way and I've run out of autoflex threads to read. I'd love to know how everyone is building this out to keep the swing weight down and how it's working.

Here ya go - https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1768668-kht-autoflex-shaft/

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Tour AD TP

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP

Adams Idea Pro 20* Aldila Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Cally PM Grind 56 KBS Tour 115

Odyssey OG 7 (Today)

Titleist ProV1x

43 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Thanks, I follow that thread too. Just wanted to hear from some people who have the shaft that are in my swing speed. Filter out all the opinions from people who don't have the shaft just debating on if it's worth it. 

There is some great info on that thread though and it does seem to be shifting more to people who have it. 

For me...playing SF505 in Ping G400 max head weighing 194 grams.  Playing at 44 inches (cut from butt).  I put my summary in the KHT thread above.  Loving the combo.  Dispersion is improved.  Ball Speed is similar, however feels like less effort to required with Autoflex to get same ball speed as the stiff shaft I was playing.

Interesting that going harder at the Autoflex doesn't necessarily jump my swing/ball speed, but I think that is technique.  It's not a shaft you have to muscle to get it to perform.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ewill48 said:

For me...playing SF505 in Ping G400 max head weighing 194 grams.  Playing at 44 inches (cut from butt).  I put my summary in the KHT thread above.  Loving the combo.  Dispersion is improved.  Ball Speed is similar, however feels like less effort to required with Autoflex to get same ball speed as the stiff shaft I was playing.

Interesting that going harder at the Autoflex doesn't necessarily jump my swing/ball speed, but I think that is technique.  It's not a shaft you have to muscle to get it to perform.

I enjoyed your review and numbers on kht thread. I think I'll start at uncut but end up cutting down 1/2" by 1/2" and probably end up around the same. Distance gains are great but effortless control would be a dream. 

The waiting might kill me your reviews are the only thing keeping me alive right now.

Side note has anyone snagged a fairway shaft? Haven't seen too much on fairway woods, other than the txg video.

I tested one finally for the first time at a local fitting center. I don't know exactly which set-up I used, most likely the SF505 but my fitter had just fit me to a new driver/shaft 2 weeks ago and I was just practicing so it wasn't a complete fit or anything. I get the hype, seeing the same thing as those who posted above.

My SS usually tops out at 101, I've been working on slowing down a little as I work through my swings so I was down to 97-98 with my gamer TourAD VR. The autoflex got be right back to 101 and I even hit 102. I hit 5 drives with the autoflex at over 245 carry that were just centered around the middle line of 15 "comfortable" swings. I tried to catch up with my gamer I had to push so hard to get anywhere near those numbers.

I'm sold.

The feel is definitely something different, I can see that it's not for everyone, but from my experience this thing is legit and no gimmick. It is the most significant and measurable jump between shafts that I've ever seen.  

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

5: Mizuno MP20 HMB  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

PW-6: Mizuno MP20  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: SM8 60,56,52  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, dodgyman said:

I tested one finally for the first time at a local fitting center. I don't know exactly which set-up I used, most likely the SF505 but my fitter had just fit me to a new driver/shaft 2 weeks ago and I was just practicing so it wasn't a complete fit or anything. I get the hype, seeing the same thing as those who posted above.

My SS usually tops out at 101, I've been working on slowing down a little as I work through my swings so I was down to 97-98 with my gamer TourAD VR. The autoflex got be right back to 101 and I even hit 102. I hit 5 drives with the autoflex at over 245 carry that were just centered around the middle line of 15 "comfortable" swings. I tried to catch up with my gamer I had to push so hard to get anywhere near those numbers.

I'm sold.

The feel is definitely something different, I can see that it's not for everyone, but from my experience this thing is legit and no gimmick. It is the most significant and measurable jump between shafts that I've ever seen.  

Awesome to hear! After a super long wait mine is arriving today. Going to be sore on Monday for sure after all the testing that is about to go down. I'll make sure and share my experience. 

Bumping.. I’m playing the same SF505, uncut, with a Sim max-D 10.5 head at the standard loft. I haven’t made any adjustments to weight yet. My experience so far, is that I’m way over drawing. I’m going to swap out that Max-D for a regular Sim Max head this week (I have both) and see if it results in a more controlled and enjoyable draw. Anyone else experience this with the shaft? 

Definitely an increase in ball speed, that’s for sure, but spin a little low at around 1600. With this massive draw it’s been hard to control. That is likely my swing, but I demo’d the epic max LS the other day straight as an arrow so could also be the whip of the shaft in combo with that D type head. Will keep playing with it for a while, and I’ll buy that epic max LS if I can’t dial it in. 

31 minutes ago, Maceez13 said:

Bumping.. I’m playing the same SF505, uncut, with a Sim max-D 10.5 head at the standard loft. I haven’t made any adjustments to weight yet. My experience so far, is that I’m way over drawing. I’m going to swap out that Max-D for a regular Sim Max head this week (I have both) and see if it results in a more controlled and enjoyable draw. Anyone else experience this with the shaft? 

Definitely an increase in ball speed, that’s for sure, but spin a little low at around 1600. With this massive draw it’s been hard to control. That is likely my swing, but I demo’d the epic max LS the other day straight as an arrow so could also be the whip of the shaft in combo with that D type head. Will keep playing with it for a while, and I’ll buy that epic max LS if I can’t dial it in. 

Got mine friday hit about 20 balls Saturday on the simulator with decent results. Big gains in speed and distance, dispersion not great. Im playing uncut in Mavrik SZ with 2g weights front and back. Went to course the next day for 9 rainy holes and was hooking a bit. Obviously I'm not making any judgements at this point. 

I'll be testing different lengths an weights for a while before I give it a fair review.

I was amazed that I hit it even halfway decent at that length. Typically play around 44.5-45". From all the info on here seems pretty consistent that this thing is not plug and play. I look forward to the testing though. 

2 hours ago, Maceez13 said:

You should check your swing weight because my SIM at full weight and uncut shaft length with a Winn DriTac grip came in at over D7.

You may need to swap the back weight out for a lighter one to get the swing weight down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V series said:

You should check your swing weight because my SIM at full weight and uncut shaft length with a Winn DriTac grip came in at over D7.

You may need to swap the back weight out for a lighter one to get the swing weight down. 

Thanks. I’m picking up some new irons tomorrow so I’ll have them check it while I’m there. Just curious - what weight did you put in the SIM? 

Any 305X or 405 testers?

Seems crazy that lightening the head is required. The weights at the rear of the head are supposed to increase MOI. Taking rear weight away theoretically should make dispersion worst. Taking forward weight away would increase spin.

I also thought total weight was more important than swingweight. So feather light drivers are better now?

EFSZ 9* (Blue VeloCore 6S) / LTD 10.5* (Motore X F1 6S)

0317 Gen1 17* & 0317X Gen2 19* (MMT 80S)

0311 Gen1 4-5 & 0311P Gen2 6-PW (SteelFiber i95S)

RTX4 Raw 52* (TI S400); OG PM Grind 58* (KBS); HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
SC Red X2 / WHP 7CS

Tour B X / Chrome Soft X / TP5x / Volvik S4

- Backups: TS3 9.5*; TS2 15*; SuperHybrid 17*; F7 2/3H; Rogue 2H & 3H; i210; OG 0211; TW-X; IC-601; 716 T-MB; Miura Raw 60*; Lucky 777CS; WHP CSM 400g.

55 minutes ago, RNG said:

I tried the 405 but just couldn’t control the shot shape or find the center of the club face. I’m sure it was me but my swing tempo just didn’t seem to match the shaft. I’m 67 and swing at approx. 93 mph , 4 handicap. Others seem to be having great success so it must be me!

Maybe try the 505.

13 hours ago, RNG said:

I tried the 405 but just couldn’t control the shot shape or find the center of the club face. I’m sure it was me but my swing tempo just didn’t seem to match the shaft. I’m 67 and swing at approx. 93 mph , 4 handicap. Others seem to be having great success so it must be me!

What setup are you using? Length? Head? Swing weight? Head weight?

• 2 weeks later...

Was playing a Daytona Speeder in a SIM at 45" and switched to a 505 in SIM2 playing at 45.25" at D0. Was going great initially but fell out of love with it as it is really light and I can't feel the club as much so lately I am tending to start my downswing with my right shoulder/arms more leading to some push fades. I've been feeling I have to adjust myself to the shaft and not the other way around which I do not like. I've been trying a TSi3 with a Tensei white and it feels much more stable for me so I will eventually probably make the switch. I have a medium tempo and swing my driver around 103-107mph. Shouldn't have much problem selling it I think...

Titleist TSi3 9 Driver
Titleist TSi3 15 Fairway

Titleist TSi2 3 Hybrid
PXG Gen 2 0317X 4 Hybrid
Titleist T100iiS 5-PW
Vokey SM8 Slate Blue 50F, 54D, 58M
Evnroll ER11v Midlock

I just gamed my autoflex sf505 @46" in a TS3 head, 10.5 degree loft.  Swingpseed consistently 98-102 mph.  My transition is smooth- I was a long time Fubuki player at 70 grams, then made the move to a Tensei CK Orange.. Gave this a whirl and have been consistently generating ballspeeds in the 150-153 range.  What I need to do is get on the Trackman and see whats up with knocking off spin.  When I catch a high toe draw, this thing does a mile.  When I hit it low / heel, it spins like crazy.  I mean, I could just hit it in the center of the face to make life easier...

I was afraid of this being whippy but my transition isnt violent to making a smoother swing at it gets max perfromance.  In fact, the smoothest (and what felt like the slowest eventhough they werent) swings produced the farthest shots.  The one thing that I was very surprised with was dispersion.  I had no problem hitting fairways with this at all.

I think it will be a function of dialing in the headweight and making a proper swing but when I hit this well, it was a good 10-12 yards further than my gamer combo...

On 4/19/2021 at 1:25 PM, MacMia said:

I just gamed my autoflex sf505 @46" in a TS3 head, 10.5 degree loft.  Swingpseed consistently 98-102 mph.  My transition is smooth- I was a long time Fubuki player at 70 grams, then made the move to a Tensei CK Orange.. Gave this a whirl and have been consistently generating ballspeeds in the 150-153 range.  What I need to do is get on the Trackman and see whats up with knocking off spin.  When I catch a high toe draw, this thing does a mile.  When I hit it low / heel, it spins like crazy.  I mean, I could just hit it in the center of the face to make life easier...

I was afraid of this being whippy but my transition isnt violent to making a smoother swing at it gets max perfromance.  In fact, the smoothest (and what felt like the slowest eventhough they werent) swings produced the farthest shots.  The one thing that I was very surprised with was dispersion.  I had no problem hitting fairways with this at all.

I think it will be a function of dialing in the headweight and making a proper swing but when I hit this well, it was a good 10-12 yards further than my gamer combo...

If you haven't already, check out the main KHT Autoflex thread. Alot of people have struggled to get it to work with the TSI3 head. Not sure about the TS3 but I would assume it's similar. Some people are having success though.

Definitely on the right track with getting the head weight right. I've gone through 4 heads with multiple weight changes and have been able to make all of them work well but it's crazy how 1 or 2 grams will make all the difference.

I would say check out page 38-40 or so.  There is decent amount of TSi3 stuff in that range.

If it helps, my setup is no back weight, two lead tape strips up front, 3/4 flat, 8.25 loft (its a 9* adjusted down), 47" length 505x.

My conclusion on the TSi3 was that back weight = spinny.  So, I shifted it towards the font and that got things dialed in.  I have experience with the TS3, but I would bet it would be the same solution.

M44 is correct here.  It doesn't take much weight to alter things on this setup.  But, once you got it, it is money.  Very straight and long.