TIGER - FINISHED????

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can tell you as one suffering a back injury recently it is tricky. Mine did not have to be fused but it is still recovering almost a year later. You have good and bad days. If you notice when Nantz

First and foremost, this is not a Tiger bash, just an observation based upon his age and surgery #5. Once the back has been compromised, it becomes a never ending battle to just stay injury and pain f

you've  noticed his age and number of back surgeries ... and think it might be possible he's not going to win again ...      

Posted Images

Gentlemen, start your engines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

And so it begins.....

The way I look at it is, he always speaks like this after he has a surgery, procedure etc..he's quite calculated with his replies. Not to mention the fact he looked like he really enjoyed himself in LA on Saturday night and really had no interest being interviewed by Jimmy Boy on Sunday. 

If the peg isn't in the ground on a particular Thursday in April then there may be cause for concern.

I also think we have all learned that he will be finished when he tells us he's finished.

Edited by Simmer7
  • Thanks 1

Disco!

What with the all caps, yo?

Well, gotta admit. Not lookin good...

“Woods said he has lengthened his putter so he doesn’t have to bend over as far.”

So, is this like one step from using one of those ball grabbers to get your ball out of the hole?

Also,

“A lot of it is based on my surgeons and doctors and therapist and making sure I do it correctly. This is the only back I’ve got, I don’t have much more wiggle room left.”

That’s not very optimistic. Tiger medical team must be doin lots of zooms. I’m just not thinkin how doctors sign off on this guy going out there to play on Tour. I mean, it’s TWs call, but I can see how, now that he won 15, showed everybody he’s undisputed best by kicking all the young guns butts as an old, broken down man, he got nothing to prove to anyone else or himself. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/02/21/tiger-woods-surgery-masters-genesis-invitational/amp/

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

Disco!

What with the all caps, yo?

Well, gotta admit. Not lookin good...

“Woods said he has lengthened his putter so he doesn’t have to bend over as far.”

So, is this like one step from using one of those ball grabbers to get your ball out of the hole?

Also,

“A lot of it is based on my surgeons and doctors and therapist and making sure I do it correctly. This is the only back I’ve got, I don’t have much more wiggle room left.”

That’s not very optimistic. Tiger medical team must be doin lots of zooms. I’m just not thinkin how doctors sign off on this guy going out there to play on Tour. I mean, it’s TWs call, but I can see how, now that he won 15, showed everybody he’s undisputed best by kicking all the young guns butts as an old, broken down man, he got nothing to prove to anyone else or himself. 

IDK bsc.  I've always said nobody ever said less with less than Tiger.  Not since that early Playboy interview.  On the face of it it doesn't sound encouraging, but we won't know till we know.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed - MMT60/S
TEE EXS 15* - Tensei CK Blue/S
Callaway Apex Pro 20*/23* - MMT80/S
W/S Staff C300 Forged 5-P - KBS Tour 105/S
W/S Staff Model 52/56/60 - DGS300
Odyssey SL Seven 

4 minutes ago, the bishop said:

IDK bsc.  I've always said nobody ever said less with less than Tiger.  Not since that early Playboy interview.  On the face of it it doesn't sound encouraging, but we won't know till we know.

I believe that TW has something in his back like this

So, I guess it’s a question of how far to push the hardware? I mean, I think that for the average am, they could play a lifetime of weekend rounds. But in TWs case, I could see he wanted to push it as hard as he could to get 15, but has fusion surgery ever been tested at this level of golf before?

Not sure if TW wants to keep being a guinea pig. 

1C5DA358-0F00-48C7-AA5B-87152FF5895B.jpeg

• Like 3

Sorry about the caps.................

No it's not click bait, cause it's not going anywhere, it just a question, that apparently some feel it's beneath them to offer nothing more than "start your engines" - must be a NASCAR fan and the every popular "Oh brother", another high quality dull barb and lets not forget the "IBTL" shout out. At least tiderider put forth the effort to attempt humor, so kudos on him.

My hats off to bscinstnct for offering his opinion along with informational data to quantify his position. After all, that's what this thread was/is about.

• Like 2

At this point in his career he can play what he wants when he wants. If he's not feeling good he doesn't play, if things are feeling good maybe he plays. I think at this point I think Tiger would rather be healthy enough to be a good dad/role model to his kids. 

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

What's wrong with IBTL?  I Believe Tiger Loses.

Or something like that.  Last time he was written off I made a lot of bets with Tiger haters on simple things to will make cuts again to will win another major.  I enjoyed all the collecting.  But this time around, not feeling it.  No bets here.

It's not so much the back surgeries as it is just age over all and the rest of the field getting quite deep.  Everything that used to be an advantage for Tiger is no longer a weapon.  Even the last edge of knowing Augusta and being battle tested way beyond Cupcake, Finau, and Molinari...even that has had its last hurrah.

Good for him...no doubt a tremendous career, if not the best golfer ever, then the 2nd best ever. Either way, a legend.  

And all that being said, it has nothing to do with whether TW should walk away.  Of course he shouldn't walk away.  So long as he feels healthy enough to compete, (and it's a given he will have the competitive fire), then go for it.  Who is anyone else to say otherwise?!

• Like 1

In regard to the responses you eluded to above that contributed nothing to your topic/question but negativity. I’ve been on the end of it myself. So I try my best to adopt the ‘if you don’t have anything to contribute to the OP, or you read it and roll your eyes, better to say nothing and move on’ approach. Better IMO than putting another member down. It’s one thing to throw jabs at a public figure, infomercial, product etc. Putting down another member that seemed to try to pose a genuine question comes off as bullying to me. Most of the internet doesn’t seem to feel the same way unfortunately. Don’t let it get ya down brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Draw Driver said:

Finished? 

https://comb.io/iraBGD

😂

Id swear you are one of my best friends we all used to watch Simpson’s in his parents basement.  But he no play golf!

”Oh don’t worry about that. Youre just finished, thats all” 🤣

That is a classic line, we still use it today!

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

😂

Id swear you are one of my best friends we all used to watch Simpson’s in his parents basement.  But he no play golf!

”Oh don’t worry about that. Youre just finished, thats all” 🤣

That is a classic line, we still use it today!

Lol So quotable! Happy to connect with some classic Simpsons! Happens all the time. 😉

55 minutes ago, disco111 said:

Sorry about the caps.................

No it's not click bait, cause it's not going anywhere, it just a question, that apparently some feel it's beneath them to offer nothing more than "start your engines" - must be a NASCAR fan and the every popular "Oh brother", another high quality dull barb and lets not forget the "IBTL" shout out. At least tiderider put forth the effort to attempt humor, so kudos on him.

My hats off to bscinstnct for offering his opinion along with informational data to quantify his position. After all, that's what this thread was/is about.

Sorry, it has only been a month which is like 5 years by Tiger wrx standards, lol, or maybe it's because there just isn't anything to say - he'll let the world know, until then he's not sharing his medical consults and definitely not using any high quality barbs on Tiger speculation. 😉

• Like 1

I just hope he gets one more W to officially break the PGA Tour wins tie with Sam Snead. Doesn't have to be a major, it could be the Puerto Rico Open and half the field lays down for him.

Adams 9015D 10.5 Matrix Ozik
TM M2 Deep Face 3HL Fuji Atmos 6
Callaway Apex 20 Steelfiber hls780
Adams Pro Mini 23 Steelfiber i95
Adams A12 Pro Black 5-9PW Steelfiber i95
Adams CB2 GW Steelfiber i95
Vokey SM6 Black 54 S-Grind Steelfiber i110 CW
Vokey Oil Can 58 V-Grind Kuro Kage TiNi 105
Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast!

Finished?? As in, will hang it up? No, not likely.

However, I believe if there are any more wins in his future, they will be of the lightning-in-a-bottle variety.

As a person who's had two surgeries on my back, I can tell you two things about trying to play golf and bad backs.

1. It's very difficult to get in the requisite amount of practice in order to keep your game sharp.

2. Every single move you make, whether on the course or off, your back constantly weighs on your mind...as in, when...not IF, am I going to experience that all too familiar "catch" in the middle of back, even trying to accomplish the most rudimentary tasks. 

Tiger is trying to muddle through all that and still attempting to play world class golf. I wish him well. The odds are against him.

• Like 3

We heard this said before. Right ?  Then east lake and Augusta happened.  

• Like 3

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw   modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft.