2021 WGC Workday Championship @ The Concession Photos- Links & Discussion (UpDaTeD)

2 hours ago, autronicdsm said:

So much success he's getting autoflex in irons as well!

154300988_1053625231815915_3186725357854886212_n.jpg.c37e97176beb791951028d6b1f3ba2ec.jpg

If Scott actually does this, it will be intervention time. Kinda joking, kinda not...

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have a local tournament, see if you can hop on volunteer duty. One of the volunteer sections here is driving range. The crappy part of the job is sorting all the balls after they have been pick

Oems provide at the range I'm pretty sure

I would think so. Good article on his shaft switch.   https://golf.com/gear/rory-mcilroy-iron-shafts-genesis-wall-to-wall/

Posted Images

21 hours ago, n_less said:

I have also been wondering this, I think I saw something similar in Akshay Bhatia's bag , the apex UT prototype or something along those lines. Can't seem to find any info on it though.

It's a prototype of the X Forged UT that's also in play for McNealy. My guess is that it's different from the original X Forged UT in a way similar to how the X Forged CB an and Apex TCB differ. 

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

12 hours ago, grm24 said:

I would think so. Good article on his shaft switch.

https://golf.com/gear/rory-mcilroy-iron-shafts-genesis-wall-to-wall/

Nice article.....Photos show X7's still in. Funny Rory has WRXer tendancies.......hit's random buddy (Jason Day's) clubs, loves them, and has to have a set failing to realize the honeymoon phase of trying something new. If you've been playing Project X forever, especially 7.0, Dynamic Gold is going to feel like a dream. Looks like Pete Cowen was showing him something on the range too. 

IMG_8662.jpeg.8f4b070dae90a60839f18b6a67190310.jpeg

Edited by PureStrikes54

Bubba still have iron headcovers on his clubs 🤮

• Haha 1

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

1 hour ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Most events there's a tent set up on the practice range where balls are sorted and bagged by volunteers. Player or caddie can pick up ball of choice at the tent, and after the event the balls usually get donated to an organization like the local First Tee chapter. 

Ahh, Ok. Makes sense, thanks for the details.

That’s awesome that the balls get donated after, great way to get the most use out of the balls and support golf in the local areas!

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Callaway Mavrik (10.5*) / Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I.

Callaway Mavrik (15*) / Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I.

Srixon Z H85 (19*) / PX Hzrdus Black 6.0

Srixon Z 565 (22*) / Aldila Tour Blue ATX85H

Srixon Z 785 (5-PW) / N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50-54-58 Mid) / Dynamic Gold Spinner

TaylorMade SOTO Tour Preferred (36")

🇨🇦

6 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Random question...are the bags of balls the players have at the range their specific ball of choice?

If so, do their caddies travel with their balls and then someone collects the balls after, or are OEM reps there at the events to provide them with balls?

Yes they are the pros ball they play with... there’s usually a table that set up with stacks of each different ball laid out. Or someone will drop their ball of preference out to the pros range spot. 

OEM tour trucks provide the balls to the courses usually. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, dcm325 said:

Yes they are the pros ball they play with... there’s usually a table that set up with stacks of each different ball laid out. Or someone will drop their ball of preference out to the pros range spot. 

OEM tour trucks provide the balls to the courses usually. 

Nice, good to know...thanks!

Interesting to know some of the behind the scenes stuff that goes into running a PGA Tour event.

Callaway Mavrik (10.5*) / Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I.

Callaway Mavrik (15*) / Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I.

Srixon Z H85 (19*) / PX Hzrdus Black 6.0

Srixon Z 565 (22*) / Aldila Tour Blue ATX85H

Srixon Z 785 (5-PW) / N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50-54-58 Mid) / Dynamic Gold Spinner

TaylorMade SOTO Tour Preferred (36")

🇨🇦

8 hours ago, PatScan said:

I really enjoy how Bryson must be surrounded by at least four people in order to hit balls, with all of them, player included, just at their absolute wits' end. 

Hahaha you know his caddy is gonna pull out a revolver someday and play Russian Roulette with himself.  I mean how can he not want to cave Brysons head in with a wedge??

WITB
- TI M3 - 10.5 w/ Haz Black or Tour Issued Matrix Black Tie S+
- TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD tipped/butted S+
- Tour Issued m1 5w w/ Diamana D+ 75s
-  Tour Issue m2 5hl w/ Proto 80x  /  GAPR 3hi 80s 

-  MPh5 4-5, MP25 6-p w/CTapers 120s
- Tour Issue Cleveland CG12 52-58 r300 shafts (I must be old)
- Putters = Testing Everything and Anything to try and improve.

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it!

7 hours ago, PureStrikes54 said:

Nice article.....Photos show X7's still in. Funny Rory has WRXer tendancies.......hit's random buddy (Jason Day's) clubs, loves them, and has to have a set failing to realize the honeymoon phase of trying something new. If you've been playing Project X forever, especially 7.0, Dynamic Gold is going to feel like a dream. Looks like Pete Cowen was showing him something on the range too. 

IMG_8662.jpeg.8f4b070dae90a60839f18b6a67190310.jpeg

Really, feel like a dream? I would think it would be the opposite no? But thats my perspective playing PX6.0’s. They feel amazing and s300’s feel like donkey shite. Smell like it too!

WITB

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it!

• easyyy changed the title to 2021 WGC Workday Championship @ The Concession Photos- Links & Discussion (UpDaTeD)

Lots of zcord usage , curious if they are utilizing the .580 tour issue or the midsize ?

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0

@pga43

greg fantastic photos of DJ driver shaft testing 

if we could only hack trackman and see those result , jk

thx 

18 hours ago, cmy said:

Who is playing the Motore X F1?

Kizner has been playing it for a few months.

Anyone know what that shaft is in that UDI that Fleetwood has? Is it an MMT?

Titleist TSi3 - Fujikura Motore X F3 6X

Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 85 X

Ping G410 - Ventus Blue HB 9X 

Srixon Z Forged PW-4I - Oban CT 125X

Cleveland RTX 4 - Dynamic Gold S400

PXG Gen 2 Brandon Putter

Srixon Z Star XV

15 hours ago, Ben Berube said:

Really, feel like a dream? I would think it would be the opposite no? But thats my perspective playing PX6.0’s. They feel amazing and s300’s feel like donkey shite. Smell like it too!

I have not hit 6.0's but haven't heard of Project x winning any feel contests. The lighter and less stiff flexes could be different but project x is known for performing at the expense of feel. Rory coming out of the 7.0's which I have hit literally feel like rebar telephone poles but if you need to knock spin off, keep dispersion tight, and want a heavy shaft they are a dream. I've also hit the X7's and they feel like a slightly heavier and more stout x100 which I find to be a great feeling shaft. The 7.0's just feel right with you the entire swing while the X7's feel like they have a tiny bit of lag and kick in the shaft. 

• Like 1

Oosthuizen swinging Scott's Autoflex equipped driver made me laugh given the absolute rebar that Louis typically plays in his drivers. I imagine there were a few choice comments about the feel. 😅

Edited by Valtiel

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* HZRDUS T1100 95g
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 19* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

On 2/24/2021 at 8:11 PM, Ben Berube said:

Makes sense you can’t handle heavier weight (s300) with those light 6.0s (120g)  “Feel like shite” lol that’s cute.  There’s a reason why people go a higher flex when it comes to Px who come from dynamic gold 

Ping G400/ Ping tour 65 s

Ping 410 3w / Ping tour 65 s 

Nike VRS covert 5w/ kurokage black s

Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron / amt white s300

Titleist 716 AP2 5-pw/ amt white s300

Cleveland Rtx4  48(bent to 50)mid, 54 mid, 58 mid / dynamic gold s400

Nike midnight method 006/ Black SS Gt 1.0 w 25g counter core.

9 minutes ago, easylittle5wood said:

Who has the Honma Rose Protos in play?

It's a non golf staff bag for a marble company possibly. I always thought they were beautiful irons, and Rose did win with them. Always interesting when a pro uses something less frequently seen as a non-staffer. 

Laurie Canter.

• Thanks 1

Callaway Mav SZ 3D 9

TaylorMade M2 DF 16.5

TaylorMade M3 19

Titleist U500 23

Yonex CB-301 5-PW

Vokey SM8 50F, 54F, 58T

Ping Anser

On 2/25/2021 at 11:27 AM, PureStrikes54 said:

I have not hit 6.0's but haven't heard of Project x winning any feel contests. The lighter and less stiff flexes could be different but project x is known for performing at the expense of feel. Rory coming out of the 7.0's which I have hit literally feel like rebar telephone poles but if you need to knock spin off, keep dispersion tight, and want a heavy shaft they are a dream. I've also hit the X7's and they feel like a slightly heavier and more stout x100 which I find to be a great feeling shaft. The 7.0's just feel right with you the entire swing while the X7's feel like they have a tiny bit of lag and kick in the shaft. 

Very cool. Thx for sharing. I wish I could play them but my neck cannot take it. I had some x100 Amy’s last year which felt heavy but played great. But man I started losing it right towards the end. Range day before and pre match didn’t help LOL 

thanks again!

WITB

7 hours ago, SylvesterLundgren said:

Makes sense you can’t handle heavier weight (s300) with those light 6.0s (120g)  “Feel like shite” lol that’s cute.  There’s a reason why people go a higher flex when it comes to Px who come from dynamic gold 

Its my neck that can’t handle it Sylvester.  I broke that, my skull, shoulder and collarbone while being unconscious for 2 days as a teen from a bad accident. 

But for 42yrs old, 6-4 at 225lbs today I benched 85lb dumbbells drop sets, 175lb incline drop sets, tri cable squeeze w drop sets mixed with leg extension drop sets, leg presses with cable flies.  Then ran a mile and swam with my kids for an hour. 
So Ill take my px6.0’s my fine little fury friend.

WITB

3 hours ago, Ben Berube said:

Its my neck that can’t handle it Sylvester.  I broke that, my skull, shoulder and collarbone while being unconscious for 2 days as a teen from a bad accident. 

But for 42yrs old, 6-4 at 225lbs today I benched 85lb dumbbells drop sets, 175lb incline drop sets, tri cable squeeze w drop sets mixed with leg extension drop sets, leg presses with cable flies.  Then ran a mile and swam with my kids for an hour. 
So Ill take my px6.0’s my fine little fury friend.

Nice I’m glad you’re practicing physical wellness. I was squatting 185 today for reps. I feel ya. I wasn’t coming at you personally more so your comment. I actually need to build up my bench. Golf workouts at school are what the baseball team does so I’ve been doing aerobics and hip/leg based endurance. So you got me on bench but I’ll handle the quick movements/speed. 
i wish you good health 🙏🏻🙏🏻 It’s all love 

Edited by SylvesterLundgren
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SylvesterLundgren said:

Nice I’m glad you’re practicing physical wellness. I was squatting 185 today for reps. I feel ya. I wasn’t coming at you personally more so your comment. I actually need to build up my bench. Golf workouts at school are what the baseball team does so I’ve been doing aerobics and hip/leg based endurance. So you got me on bench but I’ll handle the quick movements/speed. 
i wish you good health 🙏🏻🙏🏻 It’s all love 

Cool thanks man. I’m old so took it personally and thought I had to defend myself.  Because I am old!

thanks for being the bigger man. I was ready to act all tough on here like it matters!  🙂

Just love golf and love this site with all the helpful ads and education from other members. Thanks Sylvester!!

• Like 1

WITB

2 hours ago, Ben Berube said:

Cool thanks man. I’m old so took it personally and thought I had to defend myself.  Because I am old!

thanks for being the bigger man. I was ready to act all tough on here like it matters!  🙂

Just love golf and love this site with all the helpful ads and education from other members. Thanks Sylvester!!

Online text usually feels like that. We’re on the same side, we just didn’t know it yet! Lol but definitely agree we all love what this site can bring. Club hos to the bst deals 🤣

• Like 1

• pga43 unpinned this topic