2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

HateTheHighDraw

8 minutes ago, Nessism said:

Incorrect.  It's downhill there.  

Oh, that part of Hawthorne.  So did he literally crash right before the truck escape lane?!  Ok...I am fully off the impairment from painkillers theory, just plain bad driving.  And it's too bad...his driving stats were getting better as of late.  Ba-dum-dum-clash...

• Haha 1

Almost a billion in the bank and can’t hire a chauffeur?  Steiny needs to push this after recovery.  He’ll be chauffeured during recovery so maybe he’ll get used to it.

As a long time fan, I wish him full recovery and better days ahead!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

11 minutes ago, PuttCurseRepeat said:

We must have different definitions of evidence in the common sense.

I watched a Press Conference that said there were “no signs of impairment”, Tiger “was lucid”, and he was wearing a seatbelt.

So yes, we have a different definition of common sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

We may never know for sure, but I think (pure speculation mind you) what likely provoked the accident was whatever happened back at the hotel. I think something upset Tiger badly enough where he got into his SUV but before driving off he spent some time reading something or communicating with someone. I think once Tiger drove off from his parking spot he was extremely upset and agitated and was driving recklessly from the get-go in the hotel parking lot where he almost hit a director for the photoshoot that was on the way to the photoshoot himself. I think from the time that Tiger left the hotel parking lot (where he was already driving recklessly and aggressively because he was upset), his reckless driving continued until he eventually lost control of the vehicle, first hitting the curb of median and barreled through some small trees in the median, then wiping the neighborhood entrance sign, and then what appears to be a very forceful hit to the frontend of the vehicle (driving the engine into the firewall) as the vehicle likely hit a dirt bank causing it to flip end-over-end and coming to rest off the roadside about 500 feet from where Tiger left his lane and hit the curb of the median. 

As I said, I think what likely provoked the accident was whatever happened back at the hotel that upset Tiger before he ever got into the SUV to drive to the photoshoot.    

Edited by Nail_It
  • Confused 1

There are two things you can learn by stopping your backswing at the top and checking the position of your hands: how many hands you have, and which one is wearing the glove.

At this stage (10 hours after the incident) there is still a vacuum of information leading to all sorts of speculation - not just about the cause of the accident, which will likely be weeks into the future, but more immediately, about Tiger's status. What were his injuries? Is he out of surgery? Will he need more surgeries? How long will he likely be in hospital? What is the prognosis? All sorts of more immediate questions like that. I imagine Steiney and his team are having a very bad day, but at some point they will need to make a statement beyond their typical non-statement.

All y’all naysayers with your $0.02 about this that and the other go ahead and leave the thread better yet pick up another sport. Tiger solely did for golf to get it to where it is today because of his dominance! Everyone that has come after his prominence was in some shape or form influenced by him...probably you too at one point. Give the man some empathy and show some chivalry as he had an accident for whatever reasons. Glad to see it’s not worse than it is and wishing him a speedy recovery. 

FYI...Brandel Chamblee probably picked that picture because of his jealousy of Tiger that always shows up in some disdain way! Hope he keeps his mouth shut and doesn’t vomit any negativity. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, straightshot7 said:

Can you guys just wait for more information and mind your business before having to jump to conclusions and speculate/conclude DUI? Goodness. 

It's a knee jerk reaction given his history with pain meds and Ambien even though millions take those drugs on a daily basis. Way too early to speculate, but I'm sure he's taking something due to his recent surgery. I'm just happy he survived. 

4 minutes ago, Nail_It said:

We may never know for sure, but I think (pure speculation mind you) what likely provoked the accident was whatever happened back at the hotel. I think something upset Tiger badly enough where he got into his SUV but before driving off he spent some time reading something or communicating with someone. I think once Tiger drove off from his parking spot he was extremely upset and agitated and was driving recklessly from the get-go in the hotel parking lot where he almost hit a director for the photoshoot that was on the way to the photoshoot himself. I think from the time that Tiger left the hotel parking lot (where he was already driving recklessly and aggressively because he was upset), his reckless driving continued until he eventually lost control of the vehicle, first hitting the curb of median and barreled through some small trees in the median, then wiping the neighborhood entrance sign, and then what appears to be a very forceful hit to the frontend of the vehicle (driving the engine into the firewall) as hit likely hit a dirt bank causing it to flip end-over-end and coming to rest off the roadside about 500 feet from where he left his lane and hit the curb of the median. 

As I said, I think what likely provoked the accident was whatever happened back at the hotel that upset Tiger before he ever got into the SUV to drive to the photoshoot.    

Just to put a few things in perspective, at that hotel, when you leave the area near the main entrance, you will almost hit 20 people on a typical day, it is so busy around there.  Being that he's TW, they probably parked his car right near the front so in theory he can just pop in the car and leave.  But some valet dummy probably did not think it through and park his car at the end of the row so he could truly escape quick.  If he was near the main door, it is a nightmare getting out.  If we was in a hurry or agitated by the wait, then yes, when he can finally get out of the spot and no car is in front, he punches the gas and it looks like he almost hit someone.

It's a long drive to the main road, and you just don't pull out onto Palos Verdes from that hotel unless you got lucky and no one was coming both directions.

I highly doubt whatever agitation he had at the hotel was still irritating him minutes later when he crashed.  

10 minutes ago, Kilo1545 said:

"No signs of impairment" is not surprising when the impairment (theoretically) is painkillers/opiates and the person is severely injured in an accident.  The signs of injury/trauma are going to mask any impairment.  

I'm not saying he was or wasn't, just that a blood draw would really be the only way to know that under these circumstances.  (And even then, it would depend on what potential pain management they did prior to any blood draw.)

Them saying "no signs of impairment" is likely 100% factual, but not necessarily conclusive.  It might also signal that they're not going to pursue that angle, which wouldn't surprise me.  If the guy's legs are super messed up and he was the only one hurt, then there's an element of "how much more punishment does this guy need?" involved.  I'm a hard a**, but even I'd probably see it that way.

I very much agree with your sentiments here, but there is the issue that if he was driving impaired and another vehicle, by stroke of fate, was in the path of Tiger's, this would be a very different conversation. This didn't happen while he was doing doughnuts in his back yard. It's just a very unfortunate situation.

4 minutes ago, straightshot7 said:

Can you guys just wait for more information and mind your business before having to jump to conclusions and speculate/conclude DUI? Goodness. 

But that is the nature of speculation. Avoiding that is unnatural. I understand that this is an upsetting event, but why is it affecting you to the point where you are telling people to stop? 

5 minutes ago, tthomasgolfer605 said:

It's a knee jerk reaction given his history with pain meds and Ambien even though millions take those drugs on a daily basis. Way too early to speculate, but I'm sure he's taking something due to his recent surgery. I'm just happy he survived. 

The back surgery was two full months ago, not last week. He should be off all meds by now.

edited to add....back on them now but he won’t be driving for a while it sounds like. 

Edited by Shilgy
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

4 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

The back surgery was two full months ago, not last week. He should be off all meds by now.

Like he should have been in 2009 and 2017?  People can spin it however they want, but we have seen this fact pattern with him TWO prior times.  It's just reality...it is documented and admitted by him...it happened whether you choose to acknowledge it.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

No signs of impairment...but what exactly was the crowd swayed by this thinking would be found?  Nobody was saying they expected the cops to roll up and find him with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bong in his hands.  If it's pills (which would be the most likely culprit based on prior behavior), then that would only be found in an after the fact toxicology screen...which I am guessing they will take regardless of what the sheriff said today.  Keep in mind at the time they find him, they are focusing on administering life saving medical care and not evaluating toxicology.  And by the way, that would have been the case even if they HAD found him with a bottle of Jack Daniels.  It's just an after the fact analysis by definition, and my guess is they will pull blood here almost as a matter of course.  

How people can act like this point of discussion is just completely out of nowhere is beyond me.  Would we even be having this discussion if it was Charlie Sheen (or equivalent)?

Hey, ummm I heard Patrick Reed called for a rules official.....CHEATER!

• Confused 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I spent a few nights in Harbor-UCLA in 2006 when a left turner got me while riding my motorcycle.  It's a "teaching" hospital, with lots of med student interns, but it's also one of the best trauma center in the LA area, partly because it's so busy in that regard.

After my wreck my knee was pretty jacked up but since I had eaten breakfast that day they didn't put me under before operating, they gave me an epidural so I was conscious the whole time.  Two med students fixed my knee while rap music blared in the operating room. I'll never forget that because I hate rap, but since I was so jacked up on morphine it was a downright groovy experience that became a lasting memory.🙃

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Cant help but say This.  A little body shop humor.  

as I listen to Brandel tell us about how “ utterly demolished “ that car is.   

He’s clueless.  I’ve seen worse than that on copart  for auction fixed and resold in 2-3 weeks time.    😂.  Sorry. Nobody pulling for tiger to get better , harder than me .  But gracious.  Folks haven’t ever seen a really bad wreck.  This was bad enough.  But in a truly horrific wreck you can’t tell what the car used to be whne it stops. This was probably 50 mph or less.     

When I hear the phrase "utterly demolished vehicle", my mind immediately goes to Romain Grosjean...

• Thanks 3

Good press conference, especially appreciated the Spanish language Q&A. LA County sheriff + FF are true professionals. Now the facts are getting more clear. The accident had NOTHING to do with impairment / intoxication, they aren't even investigating that. It's off the table. Honestly anyone mentioning that is trolling at this point and should be ignored.

It seems likely that TW was speeding on a stretch of road that doesn't have much room for error. All it takes is one mistake and you're in a bad accident. I hope we can all learn from today and DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT. Even if you think it's safe to speed, all it takes is one mistake. Drive safe and stay at the speed limit.

Another thing mentioned in the press conference was that injuries were serious but not the worst category that would have caused routing to the closest possible hospital. So that's one piece of good news. It sounds like the seriousness may have been overblown by the news media (not the first time they have done so) and hopefully there is no lasting damage. I'm really pulling for TW to make a full recovery.

As for golf, let's hope TW takes some extra time off and comes back close to 100%. He deserves some family time out of the spotlight these next few months. TW, heal up and we'll see you next January in Torrey!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

No signs of impairment...but what exactly was the crowd swayed by this thinking would be found?  Nobody was saying they expected the cops to roll up and find him with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bong in his hands.  If it's pills (which would be the most likely culprit based on prior behavior), then that would only be found in an after the fact toxicology screen...which I am guessing they will take regardless of what the sheriff said today.  Keep in mind at the time they find him, they are focusing on administering life saving medical care and not evaluating toxicology.  And by the way, that would have been the case even if they HAD found him with a bottle of Jack Daniels.  It's just an after the fact analysis by definition, and my guess is they will pull blood here almost as a matter of course.  

How people can act like this point of discussion is just completely out of nowhere is beyond me.  Would we even be having this discussion if it was Charlie Sheen (or equivalent)?

I believe he has to be under suspicion for DUI to have blood drawn for a toxicology report. They also have to notify him if that's the case and he has the right to refuse unless he was dead or unconscious. If he injured someone else, that's a different procedure altogether. 

22 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

I watched a Press Conference that said there were “no signs of impairment”, Tiger “was lucid”, and he was wearing a seatbelt.

So yes, we have a different definition of common sense.

I did not see the news conference. Was a cause of the accident given? If not, it belies commons sense not to ponder the possible causes. While it does happen,, it is not normal for a vehicle to randomly flip off the road.

9 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

I had a similar thought, but the man on TV said no impaired driving, so... 🙄

33 minutes ago, ignitewvu said:

he also may be the shittiest driver ever and just likes to cross lanes of traffic without braking & drive into hillsides for no reason 🤷🏻‍♂️

or Aliens like you said.

Tigers been a poor driver since he left Butch.  I blame Haney.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

15 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

edited to add....back on them now but he won’t be driving for a while it sounds like. 

With 5 back surgeries including a fusion, the reality is that Tiger will likely be on some form of pain medication for the rest of his life. Most folks do not recover with the back he has to the point they can live pain free with no meds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tw_focus said:

Another thing mentioned in the press conference was that injuries were serious but not the worst category that would have caused routing to the closest possible hospital. So that's one piece of good news. It sounds like the seriousness may have been overblown by the news media (not the first time they have done so) and hopefully there is no lasting damage. I'm really pulling for TW to make a full recovery.

If you listened to one of the officials after the press started peppering them with questions about why they sent him to UCLA-Harbor instead of the closest hospital - questions that began to sound like they were trying to create a story for themselves - they were very clear on that point. He was breathing on his own, was awake and lucid, and their examination did not indicate anything life-threatening that would mean he needed immediate emergency care to save his life. But he was in a situation that injured him in such a way that he needed the services of a trauma center with things like advanced orthopedics among other specialties. That doesn't mean his injuries aren't serious. In fact for an athlete they could be career-ending, but not life-ending. I thought the fellow who answered that (I think he was the officer who was first on the scene, who was terrific during the news conference) did a fine job of explaining the rationale they use.

15 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

Like he should have been in 2009 and 2017?  People can spin it however they want, but we have seen this fact pattern with him TWO prior times.  It's just reality...it is documented and admitted by him...it happened whether you choose to acknowledge it.  

You might have notice I posted he “should be off meds now”. In a reply to a post citing his “recent” surgery as some kind of proof he was taking something? 
Was he this time? Wasn’t he? Somehow so many just NEED to know NOW as if it is the god given right to know everything about public figures.

Why can’t anyone just wait to see what comes out? All of this speculation is pointless. Well, except to those that get their jollies tearing down public figures..

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar