Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have absolutely no interest in any rank speculation about how it happened and on and on.  A prayer he's okay and makes a full recovery - wouldn't wish this on anyone.    

Some of the replies in here are just gross. What happened to this site...

Truck upside down in the ditch, 1/2-mile from the local bar on a Friday night...   GolfWrx:  "Probably some drunk redneck leaving the bar."       Tiger Woods, fresh off o

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, gvogel said:

this happened in Los Angeles.  Tiger is from Southern California.  This story is going to change a whole bunch until they all get together and decide what story they want to admit to.

I'm going to look into this Gadi Schwartz's twitter feed and see if there is any explanation for this. All I've seen so far is that he announced he was deleting the original post quoting the fire chief.

Many famous people have died in car accidents, and when you look at why, it usually comes down to two things.

1. Stressed, chased by media or trying to get away from something. 

2. Suicide. Depressed. A car is a place where you can finally be alone, and then your thoughts start flying. 

The only thing people discuss here is drugs, but the reports points in a different direction. That interview in CBS, well he looked very tired. Drugs? I don’t know. He has a lot of things going on. I think it’s one of the two classic scenarios above. A lot of stuff going on with that HBO documentary etc.

• Sad 1

I used to live in PV and would take Hawthorne all the time when I went downtown. I know exactly the area used to put the car in neutral and coast down the road and got up to like 70-80 mph going down. It’s steep downhill and if you’re not familiar then the curves can get you. Also I know it was morning so perhaps the sun got in his eyes. Who knows but I can tell you that road can get folks. The truck emergency off ramp is directly to the right of it going northbound to LA and I’ve seen many truck marks in the sand because trucks were going too fast. Also if he was running late then perhaps he was going faster than reasonable if he didn’t know the road. Wish him a safe recovery. 

I will also add. I’ve almost been hit by cars coming out of Blackhorse drive because people weren’t paying attention and needed to switch lanes quickly. Another possibility is someone may have pulled out and tiger needed to go left quickly and lost control. 

Edited by gsrjc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Those are the same guys who ask if they should be playing blades in some threads...

Actually, there is a far greater forum cancer these days.

image.png.32b7ba2099fb2caa48633e78371b37c4.png

• Like 2

TSi3 9° Tensei White Prototype 2.0 TX
Epic Flash SZ 15° Kai'li x
Epic Flash 3H 19° Evenflow Black 6.5
i210 4-G Modus3 120x
Glide 3.0 54°/60° Modus3 120x
Spider X Chalk

3 minutes ago, gsrjc said:

I used to live in PV and would take Hawthorne all the time when I went downtown. I know exactly the area used to put the car in neutral and coast down the road and got up to like 70-80 mph going down. It’s steep downhill and if you’re not familiar then the curves can get you. Also I know it was morning so perhaps the sun got in his eyes. Who knows but I can tell you that road can get folks. The truck emergency off ramp is directly to the right of it going southbound and I’ve seen many truck marks in the sand because trucks were going too fast. Also if he was running late then perhaps he was going faster than reasonable if he didn’t know the road. Wish him a safe recovery. 

Are there warning signs telling you to slow down? I thought he was heading northbound at the time. Not sure.

4 minutes ago, tthomasgolfer605 said:

Are there warning signs telling you to slow down? I thought he was heading northbound at the time. Not sure.

No warning signs. He was going northbound towards LA because he was staying at the Terranea Resort according to Golf Channel which is at the very south tip of PV. So if he was going to Rolling Hills CC he would need to go north on Hawthorne. 

My mistake on directions. Southbound leads one further into PV. Northbound leads one away from PV into Torrance and downtown LA. 

Edited by gsrjc
2 minutes ago, gsrjc said:

No warning signs. He was going southbound because he was staying at the Terranea Resort according to Golf Channel which is at the very south tip of PV. So if he was going to Rolling Hills CC he would need to go south on Hawthorne. 

I was curious because the sun would be off to his left then and would probably be shaded by trees.

Edited by tthomasgolfer605
grammar
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, gsrjc said:

I used to live in PV and would take Hawthorne all the time when I went downtown. I know exactly the area used to put the car in neutral and coast down the road and got up to like 70-80 mph going down. It’s steep downhill and if you’re not familiar then the curves can get you. Also I know it was morning so perhaps the sun got in his eyes. Who knows but I can tell you that road can get folks. The truck emergency off ramp is directly to the right of it going southbound and I’ve seen many truck marks in the sand because trucks were going too fast. Also if he was running late then perhaps he was going faster than reasonable if he didn’t know the road. Wish him a safe recovery. 

Thanks, now that’s good intel, gs!

Now, here is TMZ, this is starting to make sense.

TW may not be on drugs but still a [email protected]** driving like a fool being a menace.

“A crew member who saw Tiger as he got in his SUV at the hotel tells TMZ, once Tiger got in his vehicle, there was a delay in driving off -- we're told his SUV was blocked by another car that was loading luggage -- and he appeared "agitated and impatient." The crew member says once the delay was over, Tiger "took off fast."

Golf Digest says Tiger was scheduled to arrive at Riviera Golf Course at 7:30 AM PT for a shoot ... he was reportedly going to give Drew Brees lessons. The issue is Riviera is at least an hour drive from the resort where Tiger was staying. You get the picture ... if he was heading out just before 7 AM, then he knew he was running late.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2021/02/23/tiger-woods-car-crash-golf-tournament/

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, tthomasgolfer605 said:

I was curious because the sun would be off to his left then and would probably shaded by trees.

Corrected my statements on directions. 

It’s also possible someone pulled out in front of him on Hawthorne from Blackhorse. Happened to me many times and needed to swerve to miss. Imagine going 60mph and a slow poke pulls out in front of you. Must swerve left then and perhaps he lost it and went across the median. 

Edited by gsrjc
1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

Thanks, now that’s good intel, gs!

Now, here is TMZ, this is starting to make sense.

TW may not be on drugs but still a [email protected]** driving like a fool being a menace.

A crew member who saw Tiger as he got in his SUV at the hotel tells TMZ, once Tiger got in his vehicle, there was a delay in driving off -- we're told his SUV was blocked by another car that was loading luggage -- and he appeared "agitated and impatient." The crew member says once the delay was over, Tiger "took off fast."

Golf Digest says Tiger was scheduled to arrive at Riviera Golf Course at 7:30 AM PT for a shoot ... he was reportedly going to give Drew Brees lessons. The issue is Riviera is at least an hour drive from the resort where Tiger was staying. You get the picture ... if he was heading out just before 7 AM, then he knew he was running late.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2021/02/23/tiger-woods-car-crash-golf-tournament/

Who would ever believe that Tiger would be a JackWord not allowed?

1 hour ago, Greg_B said:

If you listened to one of the officials after the press started peppering them with questions about why they sent him to UCLA-Harbor instead of the closest hospital - questions that began to sound like they were trying to create a story for themselves - they were very clear on that point. He was breathing on his own, was awake and lucid, and their examination did not indicate anything life-threatening that would mean he needed immediate emergency care to save his life. But he was in a situation that injured him in such a way that he needed the services of a trauma center with things like advanced orthopedics among other specialties. That doesn't mean his injuries aren't serious. In fact for an athlete they could be career-ending, but not life-ending. I thought the fellow who answered that (I think he was the officer who was first on the scene, who was terrific during the news conference) did a fine job of explaining the rationale they use.

I can't find it now but I read earlier this afternoon but the reason he was taken to UCLA Harbor is that it's the only Level 1 (highest level) trauma center in that part of the city. The closest hospital to the accident may not have been designated as a trauma center.

Edited by grm24