Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

HateTheHighDraw

Shattered leg and ankles? People are commenting he will make a big come back in regards to golf etc... screw golf if the man walks again he will have accomplished more than most. He could have easily lost a limb. He still might. His legs were busted open. Just horrific type of injury. This is unreal. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, VCGolfer79 said:

Shattered leg and ankles? People are commenting he will make a big come back in regards to golf etc... screw golf if the man walks again he will have accomplished more than most. He could have easily lost a limb. He still might. His legs were busted open. Just horrific type of injury. This is unreal. 

This is where my mind went as well. Just brutal. There is a mental element here too. The future has never been more uncertain yet, somehow clear. We shall see. Long term well being must be the goal from here forward. 

Edited by Draw Driver
  • Confused 1

Honestly...He looked really messed up when he was on air at Genesis.  All puffy and lethargic looking.  Made me sad..bc he's having all these back issues/surgery and taking medication can seem "justified" to him.  The guy went to rehab for pills.  Addiction never magically disappears.   Im speculating by saying he was probably jacked up on pain meds and lost consciousness and nodded off, but, that's the first thing that came to my mind.   Pray he can pull through even stronger than before.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour X 

2 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Honestly...He looked really messed up when he was on air at Genesis.  All puffy and lethargic looking.  Made me sad..bc he's having all these back issues/surgery and taking medication can seem "justified" to him.  The guy went to rehab for pills.  Addiction never magically disappears.   Im speculating by saying he was probably jacked up on pain meds and lost consciousness and nodded off, but, that's the first thing that came to my mind.   Pray he can pull through even stronger than before.

I have a feeling you’re probably right. No skid marks means he didn’t even try to hit the breaks. First reaction anyone would have right or wrong is put the brake pedal through the floor of that car. He could have had a catastrophic failure of the cars computer. I had that happen once and it’s scary as hell. Car just shuts off like it’s out of gas. Brake pressure goes out after a few pumps on he pedal. The onboard computer will let them know what he was doing before and during the crash. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

People immediately commented and made it a meme right after.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, VCGolfer79 said:

I have a feeling you’re probably right. No skid marks means he didn’t even try to hit the breaks. First reaction anyone would have right or wrong is put the brake pedal through the floor of that car. He could have had a catastrophic failure of the cars computer. I had that happen once and it’s scary as hell. Car just shuts off like it’s out of gas. Brake pressure goes out after a few pumps on he pedal. The onboard computer will let them know what he was doing before and during the crash. 

Not a good look for the manufacturer if this turns out to be the case. 

The fact (as it stands now) that there was no indication of braking being applied needs to be answered through the investigation and Tiger’s account of what occurred. The idea that the car could travel that distance in an uncontrolled state is a critical piece. Either he couldn’t brake or the vehicle failed to comply. I agree with your point that rightly or wrongly given the specific factors of the event, if you’re out of control, a natural reaction would be to try to stop the vehicle with braking being applied by the driver. 

Edited by Draw Driver
  • Haha 1

Purposefully didn’t come on here last night, I knew that there was going to be nothing good coming out of the whole thing and looking at the reports this morning, it is of course, a massive relief that in the grand scheme of things Tiger seems to be OK.

If past history is anything to go by, they whys and what for’s will probably never be answered fully. Clearly something has to have gone wrong or been amiss before this happened. Leaving that all aside and from a golf point of view, given the reports on the nature and extent of the injuries, I do not see how we see Tiger back on the golf course in any substantial form.

We have heard all night that if anyone can come back from this, it is Tiger. I am minded to think that anyone but Tiger would have a better chance. His body before yesterday was battered. Adding the last 24 hours to it, success for him going forward will be being able to walk properly never mind swing a club in a way that would allow him to get in round a golf course in a way which would be relatively familiar to him.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

1 minute ago, nichho said:

Well I have just finished reading all 24 pages. The thread is like an echo, the same stuff over and over.

However, I have two dominant thoughts.

Get well Tiger.

And,  if the people who have contributed to this thread were to read all 24 pages, and when they had finish were to reflect on what they have posted, then there are many who should be ashamed of themselves. That they wouldn't speaks volumes for them.

Well said!

I avoided coming on here before now on the basis that much of what I have read, I was expecting to have been what was on here. I get it, people will always want to know what has happened in situations like this. When for one reason or another explanations are not readily available, speculation replaces fact and then we are off to the races which is what seems to have happened here. 

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

The 'silver lining' here may be that it finally allows Tiger to just walk away from the game rather than continuously speculating on whether or not he could or should come back.  He gave us some moments in golf we aren't likely to see again, but "all good things must come to an end."

Edited by jordan2240
  • Haha 1

Kinda avoided it too. 

My dad died in a similar auto accident (though he was struck by a driver running a stop sign ... big difference? He was old and stubborn and didn't always wear a seatbelt) so most important is that Sam and Charlie still have a dad. Cuz I'll tell ya, losing a dad who's so young (mine was only 53) ... doesn't get much rougher on a kid. 

That said, from what Tiger's team released, it doesn't sound too terribly far from Alex Smith's injury - hopefully he can avoid that whole necrosis thing, of course. And he did come back to the NFL (and damn, that took some serious stones). So maybe it's too soon to say it's over but it's probably overly optimistic to assume otherwise. But it *IS* Tiger Woods so who's to say? 

In terms of the accident itself ... as someone else noted earlier ... I've driven PLENTY of times in the LA morning with that sun right in your eyes and yeah. It's freaking blinding. I had a commute for a good two years from West Hollywood into Hollywood going dead east down Fountain and no matter how many times I did that drive at the "right" time, it was always kinda scary cuz you just can't see s***. Add that in with a car you're not familiar with, road and all you may not be familiar that can add speed easily (I've not really spent any time in that area in my 15 years in LA so I'm just going off others' experience) ... could easily lead to an accident like that. 

What a bummer. 

Edited by aenemated
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

2 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Kinda avoided it too. 

My dad died in a similar auto accident (though he was struck by a driver running a stop sign ... big difference? He was old and stubborn and didn't always wear a seatbelt) so most important is that Sam and Charlie still have a dad. Cuz I'll tell ya, losing a dad who's so young (mine was only 53) ... doesn't get much rougher on a kid. 

That said, from what Tiger's team released, it doesn't sound too terribly far from Alex Smith's injury - hopefully he can avoid that whole necrosis thing, of course. And he did come back to the NFL (and damn, that took some serious stones). So maybe it's too soon to say it's over but it's probably overly optimistic to assume otherwise. But it *IS* Tiger Woods so who's to say? 

In terms of the accident itself ... as someone else noted earlier ... I've driven PLENTY of times in the LA morning with that sun right in your eyes and yeah. It's freaking blinding. I had a commute for a good two years from West Hollywood into Hollywood going dead east down Fountain and no matter how many times I did that drive at the "right" time, it was always kinda scary cuz you just can't see s***. Add that in with a car you're not familiar with, road and all you may not be familiar that can add speed easily (I've not really spent any time in that area in my 15 years in LA so I'm just going off others' experience) ... could easily lead to an accident like that. 

What a bummer. 

Sorry to hear that happened for you with your Dad. My dad passed away when he was 49. Still a hard thing to get my head round, I find that is particularly the case as I get older and closer to his age.

• Sad 1

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Prayers and a speedy recovery for Tiger and his family.  ❤️

• Like 3

Ping G430 LST 9* HZRDUS Smoke Red 65S

Taylormade Sim 2 Titanium 3 wood Tensei Blue 75S

Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* HZRDUS Smoke RDX 6.0 70g

Ping i230 Irons 4-UW Dynamic Gold 105 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 56/08 M

Titleist Vokey SM9 60/04 T

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340g

Beer.

We said a prayer for him and his family last night. And I also said one for them this morning. My wife will also do so when she rises

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

2 hours ago, VCGolfer79 said:

I had honestly thought of mechanical failure myself---- 

• Confused 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

3 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

Sounds like the Alex Smith type of injury. Not good.

ive done the compund tib/fib through the skin thing, it was quite spectacular but it healed well and hasnt given me any problems.. yes im not a pro athlete but i was totalling 1100 within a couple of years so its far from a career ender by itself.

The ankle is hugely more complicated of course. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, tthomasgolfer605 said:

https://www.genesis.com/au/en/luxury-suv-genesis-gv80-safety.html  Interesting how many safety features it had. Whether or not they working correctly, who knows.

Want in on who accesses the diagnostics from the vehicle first?  I’ll go with Hyundai followed by Steinberg.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

honestly i think this thread has been quite restrained. Who should be more ashamed, those who post a little light hearted speculation, or a guy who despite two dui's yet again finds himself in an almighty wreck ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. 

Ignore his past history, we know he was late, agitiated, nearly hit someone pulling out of the lot and definitely speeding. 

It might well transpire that he was 'medicated', texting, fell asleep, an animal/another car pulled out etc.. I hardly think its offensive to speculate.

If anyone claimed he was 'definitely' under the influence, with a straight face, then yes, thats going too far. 

Faldo was my golf hero. I get it, when the guy you grew up wanting to be isnt quite the well rounded cuddly person you hoped. I wish Tiger well, but I'll emphasise he is incredibly lucky not to have killed someone else after at least 3 serious wrecks where he was substantially at fault. 

“We know he was late, agitated, nearly hit someone pulling out of the lot and definitely speeding”. Correct me if I am wrong but is your source on that unnamed people speaking to TMZ? 

I would be much more minded to say that we don’t actually know anything at this moment in time beyond the fact that he was in a crash. Case in point - the fire bridge initially indicated that they required to cut him out of the car using the “jaws of life” when in actual fact they came back a few hours later and say that they did not use them. If the officials involved in the process make a mistake then what use is a tabloid, gossip website for establishing anything of any substance. 

Speculation is pointless only serving to muddy the waters.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

9 minutes ago, MattyO1984 said:

“We know he was late, agitated, nearly hit someone pulling out of the lot and definitely speeding”. Correct me if I am wrong but is your source on that unnamed people speaking to TMZ? 

I would be much more minded to say that we don’t actually know anything at this moment in time beyond the fact that he was in a crash. Case in point - the fire bridge initially indicated that they required to cut him out of the car using the “jaws of life” when in actual fact they came back a few hours later and say that they did not use them. If the officials involved in the process make a mistake then what use is a tabloid, gossip website for establishing anything of any substance. 

Speculation is pointless only serving to muddy the waters.

Fair enough, but the only answer to that is not to have a thread at all.

IMO theres reasonable speculation based on available, credible information, and talking nonsense for the sake of getting a reaction. I honestly havent seen much of the latter in this thread, although havent read it all that closely 

Hope he get fixed up and can at least walk properly again.  I think this year has been tough on him with the release of the documentary and further back surgery.

Unfortunately, a person of his stature will generally be judged on his failings rather than a balanced judgment of both negative and (vast) positive contributions.  In balance, he hasn't done too badly considering the pressure from such an early age.  Hell, if I was a billionaire sporting icon, idolized by millions and with women throwing themselves at me I would need Ray Donovan on speed dial.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, golfgirlrobin said:

This isn’t remotely true.  Any number of things could have occurred, from an animal in the road, to being cut off by another driver, to a mechanical malfunction.  Folks crash cars on a daily basis for reasons that have nothing to do with being reckless or driving too fast.  Not every accident can be avoided by even the best, most attentive driver.  

Trust me, if he wasn’t driving recklessly or too fast for the conditions, he could avoid the situations you described. The damage to the vehicle is consistent with a car driving too fast.  I’ve worked plenty of wrecks in my life as I own a wrecker service in NC.  The only thing that causes vehicle damage like that is excessive speed.  Kinetic energy = 1/2mv^2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 8.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1