Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

HateTheHighDraw

9 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I had honestly thought of mechanical failure myself---- 

9 hours ago, tthomasgolfer605 said:

https://www.genesis.com/au/en/luxury-suv-genesis-gv80-safety.html  Interesting how many safety features it had. Whether or not they working correctly, who knows.

4 hours ago, BombinJim said:

What if that new genesis was responsible? Does it have some fancy self driving feature or defect? I wonder if they have ruled the vehicle out?

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Right.  Or on another note. Everyone is praising the Car for saving him.  As an expert on building cars , I’d argue that car is what hurt him.     You can’t get those leg injuries from a car with no more damage than that. And with no more frontal impact than it sustained without a serious defect in design of the engine or proximity of it to the cabin and/or the firewalls integrity.    Same crash in a larger suv or say a Ford F-150 and he likely walks out.  Why ?  The engine and /or firewall doesn’t crush his leg.  

ive repaired , built and wrecked cars for over 25 years.  Survived a head on at 50 in a ford ranger in 2001 and the cabin wasn’t compromised like this.   I didn’t have a seat belt on then either.  ( dumbass I know )  This is a design flaw not a great design on display.  If your going to make a cabin more compact. It better be stronger than this. 

I don't have a problem with any of these posts being published, but I have to note that so far all of the speculation above regarding the vehicle hasn't resulted in head shaking, self-righteous indignation from the people who criticized the speculation on Tiger's mental/physical condition prior to the accident. To the contrary, at least one of these speculative posts has been "liked" by a critic of such speculation. Weird... 

1 hour ago, Bantam Ben said:

Bantam Ben here, offering thoughts for TW and a strong recovery.

Driving way too fast can cause problems.  Add to that screwing with your cell phone and the possibilities are endless.

I think TW owes his life to this car.

Please share my pic below with all of your friends.

This Car.jpg

Have they said he was using his phone? I must have missed that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Video right before the crash 💥, behind the mini van , he did NOT appear to be hauling @$$ , There are numerous possibilities of what happen right at the crash he could’ve been speeding? , distracted driving ? Animal runs across the road , cyclist on the bend ? Unfamiliar vehicle performance, but but shortly before that and that video it doesn’t appear to be going that fast

Agreed, and apparently that's a tricky road with a lot of accidents and I can now see why.  Pretty highway feeling but with big sweeping turns and a big downhill.  And, he was in an unfamiliar SUV.

1 hour ago, Shld12 said:

There needs to be signs of impairment or other articulable facts that would lead L.E. to believe he was DUI in order to justify a search warrant. Just doing a blood draw to see whats in his blood is a fishing expedition and a no go.

Yep, that makes sense, and I can see why past behavior wouldn't be a consideration absence of any evidence on scene.

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

2 hours ago, munichop said:

Likely mentioned already but Phil broke both legs skiing in AZ in the 90’s. I think if memory serves he has a rod in one leg. Obviously every injury is unique but I could see Tiger needing more surgeries down the road ala Alex Smith.  
Tiger has wowed an entire generation of fans and competitors with his skills and determination. If he never hits another shot in competition it was a pleasure to witness all he did on a golf course. 
I hope he recovers well enough to be pain free for everyday life. More golf would be great but gravy at this point.

I did do some reading up on this and for Phil it was his left leg in 1994 and he missed the Masters. 2 different cases though, healthy 23 year old vs a 45 year old with multiple injuries.

https://tulsaworld.com/archive/broken-bones-in-ski-mishap-knocked-golfer-off-course-mickelsons-recovery-no-accident/article_4af77071-590d-54f5-9747-26fb934d15a2.html 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 18th Legion said:

Okay Reality check.  Last Feb 1 2020;

• A 500+ lb Cast Iron Router Top fell over and broke my Left Leg.
  • Broke Tibia in two below knee, and Fractured Fibula above ankle.
  • Tibia broke the skin.
  • They pulled my knee cap forward to insert a Titanium Rod through the Tibia, PRIMARILY for alignment.
  • Three screws used.
  • My leg was wrapped and three days later went home on crutches.

I am 57, in okay shape and not overweight, but not athletic by any means, occasional golfer, Type 1 Diabetic.

• I was on one crutch in two weeks
  • Off crutch use in seven weeks walking everyday - climbing stairs still difficult.
  • Swinging a club at range, mostly with arms in three months
  • Played my first round using cart six months after accident.
  • Walked an entire first round about ten months after accident.
  • A year now and the only noticeable thing is an occasional click in my knee.

As the left leg requires more torque, I believe Tiger's leg will be fine.  I predict any foot injury could be more of the long term issue.

Thats awesome! 

Tigerrrrrrr!

And you guys were doubting he comes back!

😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Loki said:

You build race cars?

I have.  And more street rods from scratch than I can count.  And many restorations with hours and hours of structural cancer repair.  Metal fab and design  is my main forte.  

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Just a clarification, alleged past behavior wouldn't be a consideration even if there was "evidence" or reasonable suspicion "on scene".  

Maybe not officially, but if officers pull up on a known 'town drunk' (not implying that's what Tiger is) then it's definitely a consideration.  Human bias does exist, whether or not it's acknowledged. 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

18 hours ago, Nessism said:

Wow! You are an expert car designer?  Where did you go to school and what degrees do you hold?  And what vehicles did you design?

Car structures are designed using super computers where all kinds of crash simulations can be modeled.  I'm certainly no expert on the subject but I am a mechanical engineer that worked for a major Japanese OEM for 21 years, and I know some chassis and body designers that worked at our R&D facilities.  One thing that's well understood by people in the business is that pretty much all vehicles are a compromise in one shape or form, and todays vehicles are many times safer than they were in decades past.  

Might want to reread what I said.  I said built. Not design.  It’s very important to read a post before you comment.  I know this from personal experience as well.  

Lol.  but on the compromise aspect.  Isn’t that what I said ? Exactly what I said ?  Compromise.  Tiny suv , engine in cab.  Compromise safety for fuel economy and maneuverability.  Equals - engine in cab.  

I didn’t say they were liable. I said people shouldnt praise them for saving him.   When in fact the compromised ( your words ) design caused the injury.  

most of the time when this happens it’s due to the front wheel drive engine cradle , modular - suspension setup.  6-8 bolts hold the whole assembly to the unibody.  This vs a full frame is no contest.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 hours ago, tsecor said:

maybe he fell asleep.....could be 100 things.....coyote ran out from the bush, cars computer went haywire.....its not right to assume anything at this point

3 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Video right before the crash 💥, behind the mini van , he did NOT appear to be hauling @$$ , There are numerous possibilities of what happen right at the crash he could’ve been speeding? , distracted driving ? Animal runs across the road , cyclist on the bend ? Unfamiliar vehicle performance, but but shortly before that and that video it doesn’t appear to be going that fast

Doubt he fell asleep.  Late and rushing,  you usually are keyed up.  Something came out ahead of him like wildlife?  Maybe.

No telling how fast that minivan was going.  They speed too.  And that minivan could have turned off earlier and he could speed up.  Can't discount the possibility that something came across his path, but he would have reacted with the brakes most likely.  Most likely scenario is distracted driving.  You see so many of those incidents on video where the person is so caught up that it's like they weren't behind the wheel and don't have a clue until the impact has happened.

Maybe the intersection has a camera and between that and the computer chip in the Genesis, they get a complete picture of events.  Tiger likely can't remember a thing.  Which is normal.

• Like 1

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

17 minutes ago, dcfas said:

I heard on one of the news stations this morning there were no skid marks on the road. To me it seems likely he fell asleep at the wheel.

I couldn't fall asleep when I'm pissed off and running late. Both of those things would have my adrenaline pumping. I think the glancing at the phone scenario is more likely assuming the TMZ report is legit. 

• Like 3

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

On 2/23/2021 at 2:46 PM, JackpotJohnny said:

So we are saying dude was loaded before 7am? While he probably had some pain meds in his system bc of his history, this one is just a stretch for me. We know he’s regularly up early, but he’s on the west coast and on west coast time. It’s not like he could get in a run or a work out at 4am with his back. And then he’s getting loaded for breakfast? 

Most likely the TMZ story sticks, pissed off got behind the wheel speeding probably arguing on the phone or texting, or maybe an animal. Speed and distracted driving is more likely than being lit up at that time. 

I totaled an Audi Q5 a few years back.  No bodily injury. 

At the body shop, I asked the owner if there  were any cars he wouldn’t buy because of safety/construction quality.  

Kia/Hyundai.  

BTW, I’ve now totaled two Audis.  Not a scratch on any of us.  Germans know how to make tanks!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Lol.  Isn’t that what I said ? Exactly what I said ?  Compromise.  Tiny suv , engine in cab.  Compromise safety for fuel economy and maneuverability.  Equals - engine in cab.  

I didn’t say they were liable. I said people shouldnt praise them for saving him.   When in fact the compromised ( your words ) design caused the injury.  

most of the time when this happens it’s due to the front wheel drive engine cradle , modular - suspension setup.  6-8 bolts hold the whole assembly to the unibody.  This vs a full frame is no contest.  

You proclaim yourself an "expert at designing cars" yet you think safety can be defined by simple factors like full frame vs. unibody?  LOL man.

In case you didn't know, F1 cars use a monocoque construction technique, basically a unibody.  What's safer?  One of those or an F150?

• Like 3

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

17 minutes ago, manku said:

I totaled an Audi Q5 a few years back.  No bodily injury. 

At the body shop, I asked the owner if there  were any cars he wouldn’t buy because of safety/construction quality.  

Kia/Hyundai.  

BTW, I’ve now totaled two Audis.  Not a scratch on any of us.  Germans know how to make tanks!

Hopefully your insurance company isn’t reading this....

5 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

Since a field sobriety test obviously couldn't be conducted, it would seem odd to not request a blood draw at the hospital (especially considering his history).  I'm not in law enforcement though, so don't know the protocols.

The deputy stated there were no signs of impairment and Tiger was alert.  With those observations in hand, the officer had no probable cause to arrest or obtain a search warrant for Tiger's blood.

Amendment IV of the US Constitution

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

• Like 2