Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

Tiger will be back....its all he knows.....He has "Tiger DNA".....no way he lets his career end like this....its just not who he is.....even if he comes back and desnt make a cut....he will be back,........and I bet he comes back for the Masters in 2022 or possibly the US Open......

Imaagine the storyline if he wins another major at 48 years old after this accident.....#legend

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have absolutely no interest in any rank speculation about how it happened and on and on.  A prayer he's okay and makes a full recovery - wouldn't wish this on anyone.    

Some of the replies in here are just gross. What happened to this site...

Truck upside down in the ditch, 1/2-mile from the local bar on a Friday night...   GolfWrx:  "Probably some drunk redneck leaving the bar."       Tiger Woods, fresh off o

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

Hopefully you’re not referring the few MD’s who have offered their opinions here, all pretty much consistent in the message that an early or full recovery may not be in the cards, contrary to many earlier posts with wishful thinking. Based of course on the limited info provided., and also certainly opposite our own wishes. Just the honest facts as we currently see them. 

In my case, it’s one of the few times I have something of substance and hopefully accuracy to add to the forum knowledge pool. My equipment and tour talk chops are otherwise pretty limited.  I could care less about social media relevance. Just a doc and a golfer. 

Nothing I said should be taken that way, not sure why you'd even mention that, wrx isn't social media in the style of Twitter or IG, etc., IMO, and helping members out with info completely different than making sure people know your name/face/info on Twitter.  No reason to suggest any criticism of anyone on here.

Simply noting it didn't take long for a few docs to use Tiger to drive attention to their personal Twitter and other accounts in the public arena, again nothing to do with wrx.

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, junkfry said:

Right foot on a brake pedal or floor board during a high velocity MVA more than likely will equal a pilon fracture or a very nasty Lisfranc injury.

the lisfranc injury is not cool.  i don't want to change the subject but my 18 year old daughter was going to college one morning traveling 45mph and an old dude in a 1 ton truck pulled out in front of her, she slammed on the brake at the last minute and that is the injury she has.  accident happened on october 10 2020, she is still in therapy with maybe 60% weight bearing on that foot.  she was a college runner, doctor told her that she will be able to run again but probably not at the level she was at ☹️.  so people enjoy life.  you don't know if it is the last time you will be swinging a golf club, watching your child compete in sports or hugging your wife.  

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Duct Tape said:

Hopefully you’re not referring the few MD’s who have offered their opinions here, all pretty much consistent in the message that an early or full recovery may not be in the cards, contrary to many earlier posts with wishful thinking. Based of course on the limited info provided., and also certainly opposite our own wishes. Just the honest facts as we currently see them. 

In my case, it’s one of the few times I have something of substance and hopefully accuracy to add to the forum knowledge pool. My equipment and tour talk chops are otherwise pretty limited.  I could care less about social media relevance. Just a doc and a golfer. 

Thanks for your contributions to this discussion doc. Your medical expertises and experience put things in perspective. We have had a range of opinions ranging from Tiger is finished to he will be back for the 2022 Masters. I think all we can be sure of at this point is Tiger faces a long and arduous recovery. He will have advances and set backs. It will be many months before we get any insight into what his golf future is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, LeoKal said:

So law enforcement says it was an “accident” and will not issue a citation.  I practiced motor vehicle law for 41 years and typically there WOULD be a citation for speeding or careless or reckless driving.  Possibly an animal or something appeared suddenly on the roadway which could be a defense, but the accident still involves significant speed, possibly twice the speed limit.

You cannot write a citation for speeding without having verification of the speed being traveled. While they can extrapolate some information from the scene to get an estimate, it would never hold up with even the worst legal representation, and I'm certain Tiger's legal representation is quite far from "the worst".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ferguson said:

Without an ounce of proof or eye witness?   41 years SHOULD tell you that supposition doesn't hold up in court. 

Law enforcement has accident reconstruction experts and I have utilized many and have some such training myself.  You saw the vehicle?!!!  Plenty of proof there!

• Like 1

Callaway XR, 10.5. Fujikura Pro, R
Callaway XR, 15*
Taylormade SLDR 19*
Mizuno MP 64 4-PW, Project X 5.0
Cameron Studio Selecot Newport 2
Mizuno 52, Titleist Vokey 56, 60

16 hours ago, mukster said:

If that is true, it’s terrible on two levels.  Some guy has no ethics, talking about patient care is not acceptable. Talking about a guy like Tiger could come back to bite that guy. 
Secondly, if his ankle “is dust”, he’s done. Ankle replacements are awful, other option is fusion, not much better. 

Ankle replacements have come a loooong way in the past few years. I have one in my left , and play right handed. 

http://www.totalankleinstitute.com/infinity-products/

• Like 2

WITB
Titleist TSi3 9* PX Riptide CB 60s

Titleist TS3 strong 3 wood 13.5* PX Hzrdus. Smoke 75s

Titleist 818H2 19* hybrid Tensei Blue

Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125s

Taylormade MG2 50* 54* 58* DG S300

Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select 34” with flow neck by LaMont

1000.jpeg

A runaway vehicle sign is posted on a section of Hawthorne Blvd near the site of the car crash involving Tiger Woods in Rancho Palos Verdes, California

There are two things you can learn by stopping your backswing at the top and checking the position of your hands: how many hands you have, and which one is wearing the glove.

3 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

CB93625D-C44E-46ED-8F59-9DC89E6F55D5.jpeg.96f247d3481e2c76bdc804942b623df6.jpeg

What? Is there an "Open House" sign or "Under Contract" rider hiding somewhere in there?

2 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Without an ounce of proof or eye witness?   41 years SHOULD tell you that supposition doesn't hold up in court. 

I think he could be cited for "driving too fast for conditions". I could be wrong, but I thought it was sort of a catch-all for situations like this.

4 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

I’ve been through the range of emotions lately. At first I saw the wrecked SUV and just hoped Tiger was alive. He was, sigh of relief. Then we hear he has broken legs. Ok, but now it looks to be just one. Then a busted ankle and reports that it’s a nasty break and his ankle was “dust.”Soft tissue injury. Now orthopedic doctors heard the hospital’s report and are saying the injuries are quite serious. I can’t tell if it’s just doctors who is familiar with the injury and everything is super serious to those who are in the know or not. 

I’ve felt the same way. At first I thought he was dead. Now I just hope the emergency surgery was enough to avoid amputation; to somehow live a normal life again. 

Seems as serious as it gets to me reading this. I know I would feel that way if it were me. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/25/us/tiger-woods-car-accident-thursday-intl-spt/index.html

On 2/23/2021 at 3:38 PM, Greg_B said:

You can see the path the vehicle took here. Crossed the median, took out a sign, crashed through trees/vegetation, rolled. I'm not his biggest fan but this is tragic.

Extremely fortunate he missed that telephone pole.  Get well soon...physically and mentally/emotionally!

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*, MRC Tensei AV Blue 

Callaway Epic Flash 3W, 3/4 hybrids, MRC Tensei AV Blue 

Mizuno MP20 MMC, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105 

Mizuno T20 52*/58* wedges, Nippon Modus wedge

Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E

1 hour ago, PuttCurseRepeat said:

What? Is there an "Open House" sign or "Under Contract" rider hiding somewhere in there?

I think he could be cited for "driving too fast for conditions". I could be wrong, but I thought it was sort of a catch-all for situations like this.

Titanium case for the elder wand 

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

Compound fractures expose the bone to air, very bad. In was young when I did it myself and was in a cast for 6 months! (7 total breaks for my left leg) What happened to the air bags/safety features? I doubt I would ever drive in a Genesis. He has a long road to recovery, one I did once and I wish his well. 

• Like 1

Swag Suave One 33"

Byron Morgan 615 33"

Spider X 33"

25 minutes ago, maverick said:

Compound fractures expose the bone to air, very bad. In was young when I did it myself and was in a cast for 6 months! (7 total breaks for my left leg) What happened to the air bags/safety features? I doubt I would ever drive in a Genesis. He has a long road to recovery, one I did once and I wish his well. 

Air bags and safety features work well. Unfortunately, if the vehicle is traveling too fast, the energy cannot be completely absorbed by the vehicle.  

kinetic-energy.png

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I hope Tiger all the best, and hate that this happened to him.  Aside from that, I really wonder if you were an average Joe without a PR agent and high priced lawyers, would Joe Schmoe off the street involved in a wreck like that have his blood tested for substances/alcohol?   Just honest curiosity, I don’t know the law at all.

• Like 3

Callaway Epic Max 9*, Hzrdus Smoke iM10 60
Callaway Mavrik 15*, Aldila Rogue White 70
Ping G425 hybrid, 19*, Tensei Pro 80 Orange
Callaway Apex 19 Pro 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM8 54/58 D-grind
PXG Closer 2 putter
Titleist ProV1

I guess Tiger doesn’t remember any of it which is expected from a serious car wreck and signifies some concussion. It’s also  going to be a pretty good response for all the press and questions he’s going to get down the line “I don’t remember anything”.  Haha not much you can get out of him if he doesn’t remember  

• Like 1

Hey, so, anyone heard squat about his left leg?  Did that one get busted up too or did they get that wrong with all the other stuff in a flurry to break the news to everyone?

• Like 1

TM M3 440 w/ Speeder Evo II 6.1 TS
TM M5 14* Rocket w/ BB S+ 70  
Taylormade P790 2 UDI w/ DG 105R or M3 19* 5W w/ BB S+ 70

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Nike VR Pro MBs w/ DG AMT White R300
Kyoei 52/58 Personal Grinds w/ DG S400s
Odyssey MXM 1W

1 hour ago, maverick said:

There is only so much a car can do once you hit a certain speed and hit something very hard. They are designed to crumple to dissipate energy, such that the accident isn't fatal, injuries can still occur though (especially leg injuries)

• Thanks 2