Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

HateTheHighDraw

I've been a Tiger fan since even before I started playing golf for the first time in 95 and did everything I could to emulate his swing as it looked so athletic. Sure there were other players like Daly that could hit it with him but Tiger's aggressive athletic move was mesmerizing. I realize now that it was a young mans swing but hey I was young back then.

Tiger disappointed me back in 2009 and I lost interest in him breaking Jack's record but I still follow him and like to see him win and wish him all the best.

• Like 2

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

18 minutes ago, Rangeballz said:

There may be a silver lining here. This injury may require him to swing within himself, obviously giving up distance off the tee but playing from the fairway. He can still be a premier iron player. Not being able to swing for the fences (if indeed it comes to that) could be a blessing in disguise.

no offense but that’s what he’s been doing for the past 2 years. The spinal fusion clearly took away some of his flexibility and he even said that. The recent swing already looked like a 70% version of the old one. He’s been hitting slap cuts with the driver. Totally within himself. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chipa said:

Tiger disappointed me back in 2009 and I lost interest in him breaking Jack's record but I still follow him and like to see him win and wish him all the best.

After years of being fan I wrote Tiger off in 2009 because I found him to be morally repugnant. However, he's won me back over the last few years. By all observations and accounts he seems to be a different person. Being publicly humbled can do that. Also, and probably more importantly, parenthood can fundamentally change a person.

Now cue the "none of knows what celebrities are really like" wrx'ers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gsea said:

Interesting tidbits from that story:

The experts found it puzzling that Villanueva had determined it to be an accident already without having examined the vehicle’s “black box” computer, which could reveal his steering, braking or acceleration actions prior to impact.  Villanueva said Wednesday that information  had not been pulled yet.

Regarding an examination of Woods’ blood to see if he was medicated, Villanueva said Wednesday the hospital might have that information.

“We’ll assume that in the course of the treatment they draw blood and they have to do that obviously because he has to go into surgery and all that,” he said. “But that’s going to require a search warrant from our part to go into those details.”

USA TODAY Sports contacted the sheriff’s department Saturday to ask if Woods’ black box or blood was examined. The sheriff's department responded with a statement:

“The traffic collision investigation is ongoing, and traffic investigators have not made any conclusions as to the cause of the collision."

Woods announced in January that he recently had undergone the latest of several surgical procedures on his back. In 2017, police found him asleep at the wheel in Florida. A toxicology report stated he had Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien and THC in his system then, when he was arrested on suspicions of drunk driving. Ambien is used to treat sleep problems and has been used by Woods previously.

“There’s no real accident unless it’s a true medical emergency,” Cherney said. “There’s always some level of negligence, whether it’s simple negligence like looking down at your phone or changing the radio station that starts the whole collision sequence. … So when the sheriff is saying this is just an accident, I don’t know how in the world you can state that so early in the game without completing an in-depth thorough investigation and reconstruction analysis.”

• Like 3

I get the impression the sheriff doesn't want to spend the next 3 years talking about it and filling out even more paperwork and getting subpoenaed by lawyers etc.  Would be a ton of hassle for little result.  As to any higher level questions of guilt, justice, etc. TW will endure more pain from his injuries and followup procedures than any traffic citation would ever produce.  If his insurance rates go up, the wreck likely has a bigger effect than any likely citation.  If he was distracted while driving, the wreck is a bigger "don't do that again" warning than any citation; specially if his family is in the vehicle with him.  Would you or I get cited for something?  I think more likely than not, but giving him a ticket seems like it would just keep the lawyers busy for a while.

I admittedly jumped to conclusions when news of the accident came out.  Given Tiger’s behavioral track record and the fact it was a single vehicle accident that involved high speeds it made me think that either 1) Tiger is a really bad driver 2) he was impaired in some way or 3) some combination of those two things.   

Given how fast this was declared an “accident”, how quickly it was cleaned up, the lack of any real (known) investigation and no toxicology report makes this seem real suspect to me.

All of that said, Tiger doesn’t deserve to go out like this as far as I’m concerned - particularly after turning his life around (or so it seems) in a major way.  I hope he recovers as fully as possible and gets a chance to play again.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

It definitely would not surprise me.  TW loves coming back to prove everyone wrong.  Never bet against that guy..

I would agree to never bet against hIm mentally, but I might now physically. I’m just not sure his body is up to a comeback of this magnitude. It’s been through an awful lot through the years. 

45 minutes ago, ebrasmus21 said:

I’m finding it bizarre that so many people feel there needs to be some sort of a formal investigation

The 'it was an accident' just seems like a hasty conclusion

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

3 hours ago, Naptime said:

I get the impression the sheriff doesn't want to spend the next 3 years talking about it and filling out even more paperwork and getting subpoenaed by lawyers etc.  Would be a ton of hassle for little result.  As to any higher level questions of guilt, justice, etc. TW will endure more pain from his injuries and followup procedures than any traffic citation would ever produce.  If his insurance rates go up, the wreck likely has a bigger effect than any likely citation.  If he was distracted while driving, the wreck is a bigger "don't do that again" warning than any citation; specially if his family is in the vehicle with him.  Would you or I get cited for something?  I think more likely than not, but giving him a ticket seems like it would just keep the lawyers busy for a while.

If his insurance rates go up?

TW gonna need to stage a takeover of Geico if he want to ever drive a car again.

Who gonna insure TW?

TW call insurance guy like, “Hi, this is Tiger Woods....hello?   hello?”

• Like 1

So...if instead he smashed head into someone else (he was on the wrong side of the road for a stretch, so very plausible) and the sheriff said so quickly -- nothing is to blame, this was just an accident, no investigation needed -- that would be fine with everyone.  I'm beginning to think it looks more like a fall asleep at the wheel situation and Tiger really should not be driving himself anywhere.  

Edited by jt2gt
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 9:49 AM, Naptime said:

No doubt TW could get a sponsor's exemption until he is 60 years old.  So if he wants to "come back" he can if that just means playing on Thursday and Friday.  I wonder what Joey will do.  TW presumably pays him well but sitting around gets boring

Tiger is a lifetime member or something. He can whenever he wants. Does not and will not ever need a sponsor invite/exemption. I think that happens with 20 wins? 

Interesting what happens with Joe of he's out a year or two. I imagine he will be paid something. Tiger will still have income without playing and lots of it. 

• Like 1

In the absence of any new factual information, we're going to start dialing back the conjecture and conspiracy theory stuff that's starting to crop up in this thread.  It's just taking you guys and gals down a path of arguing amongst yourselves.  We'll still be reviewing and approving posts, just understand that if you don't see yours approved it's because we're trying to throttle things down a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade BRNR Mini, 11.5*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"