Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

HateTheHighDraw

On 4/8/2021 at 11:41 AM, PixlPutterman said:

First off, super glad he survived and is on the road to recovery, but something seems off about the simplicity of the report.

Twice the speed limit and at no point hit the brakes.......

Ever heard of absence seizures or seizures in general? My god daughter was diagnosed with them some time back. To drive she had to not have a seizure for a certain period of time. She did not have any type of seizure for 4+ years. This past thanksgiving weekend she was driving a friend home from work. About a 1/4 mile from where she worked she had a seizure, her car accelerated and drove straight through a four way intersection over a traffic island, some landscaping in a parking lot and drove into a rental office building at an apartment complex. Per her accident report there was no sign of any braking. Fortunately her and her friend were ok but she had no recollection of the incident and her car was totaled. FWIW no charges were filed against my niece.

It's possible Tiger could have had some medical incident before he crashed that we may not find out about until much later. Of course this place is full of experts that are 1000% certain they know what took place w/o being there and know California motor vehicle law inside out while being disproved of it in this thread. Careful of assumptions.

Edited by grm24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2021 at 11:54 PM, grm24 said:

Ever heard of absence seizures or seizures in general? My god daughter was diagnosed with them some time back. To drive she had to not have a seizure for a certain period of time. She did not have any type of seizure for 4+ years. This past thanksgiving weekend she was driving a friend home from work. About a 1/4 mile from where she worked she had a seizure, her car accelerated and drove straight through a four way intersection over a traffic island, some landscaping in a parking lot and drove into a rental office building at an apartment complex. Per her accident report there was no sign of any braking. Fortunately her and her friend were ok but she had no recollection of the incident and her car was totaled. FWIW no charges were filed against my niece.

It's possible Tiger could have had some medical incident before he crashed that we may not find out about until much later. Of course this place is full of experts that are 1000% certain they know what took place w/o being there and know California motor vehicle law inside out while being disproved of it in this thread. Careful of assumptions.

I didn't make any assumptions, I said something is off about the simplicity of the report.

If he had a medical issue, it should be in the report.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

IMO, when you are working with a limited amount of information, it's more reasonable to analyze something based on what is known than that which is not. There can be any number of suppositions in any situation, however, the complete lack of any supporting data or other information for any one of them is generally reason enough to ignore it's possibility.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 12:54 AM, grm24 said:

That is the same thing I thought, especially considering they needed his approval to release the report. The approval requirement suggests there was a medical reason for the accident, and HIPPA regulations prevent release without patient approval. 

My ex wife had seizures occasionally as well, right up until the last one took her life (we were already divorced). Thankfully, all of hers occurred while she was asleep in the bed, and never behind the wheel, or even awake for that matter. 

• Sad 1

On 4/8/2021 at 10:48 AM, chigolfer1 said:

How do you think average people are treated in a one car accident with no one else injured, no property damage (other than the car) and no obvious impairment?   I honestly don't know but  you seem to think they are going to spend a bunch of resources for it.

I wondered the same thing.  I can tell you these type crashes happen every day and most are simply documented if there are no other outside factors that need to be addressed.  I guarantee no one is pulling search warrants and getting black boxes analyzed.  The amount of investigation that went into the crash was only because it was Tiger.  The 'average person' gets a 2 page fill in the blank crash report, not a 22 page reconstruction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ray9898 said:

I wondered the same thing.  I can tell you these type crashes happen every day and most are simply documented if there are no other outside factors that need to be addressed.  I guarantee no one is pulling search warrants and getting black boxes analyzed.  The amount of investigation that went into the crash was only because it was Tiger.  The 'average person' gets a 2 page fill in the blank crash report, not a 22 page reconstruction.

Are you serious? This wasn't a run-of-the-mill fender bender.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ray9898 said:

In NC, State’s attorneys and NCSHP investigators will pull air bag modules and data for crashes where there are fatalities or where there is a possibility of a fatality.  I.e., were the motorist survives the crash will extensive injuries but they may perish as a result of the crash in the near future.

Investigators in the Tiger Woods crash might be doing a more extensive analysis because of the speeds and damage involved and a person was seriously injured in this crash.  Also, the LA County Sheriff’s Office knows they will be scrutinized in their handling of this crash investigation.

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 8.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye77 said:

So it seems at this point there is nothing more that will happen in California, all the same repeated speculation is still speculation and maybe the only thing left to do is hope Tiger has the best recovery possible?

Repeated speculation, repeated well wishes (which Tiger will likely never read) - lots of things get repeated in forums. How many times have you wished Tiger well in this thread?

It appears California is done with this case. The continued speculation is being fueled, in part, by the latest evidence released by authorities; in perfect weather the vehicle leaves the roadway at 80+ mph with 90% throttle input, no braking input and minimal steering input, etc.

19 hours ago, Old Tom Morris said:

Tiger didn’t have a “medical incident” or seizure.  

He likely nodded off while driving from being intoxicated by pain medication.  I’ve witnessed that many, many times over the years responding to emergency calls for my wrecker business.  Only one time I need my years of experience did someone have a medical issue behind the wheel that caused a crash.

The L.A. County Fire Department captain observed that Woods' pupils were "not pinpoint and not restricted which would have been indicative of narcotic analgesic influence."

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31222768/tiger-woods-thought-was-florida-crash-los-angeles-according-collision-report

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PuttCurseRepeat said:

Repeated speculation, repeated well wishes (which Tiger will likely never read) - lots of things get repeated in forums. How many times have you wished Tiger well in this thread?

It appears California is done with this case. The continued speculation is being fueled, in part, by the latest evidence released by authorities; in perfect weather the vehicle leaves the roadway at 80+ mph with 90% throttle input, no braking input and minimal steering input, etc.

To be accurate, the Sheriff said 7 days ago that they weren't issuing any ticket or "infraction", so it is done and speculation is meaningless.

Granted the prurient interests of those who want a certain result (or pretend they don't as the case may be) will likely continue but to what end?  Nothing productive, just all sorts of "experts" getting their names out there and taking advantage of opportunities to be quoted in one or another publication on some aspect of the incident, which has been closed now for a week.  

I'm not aware that wishing someone a positive outcome with his recovery necessarily needs to be read by him to be meaningful or sincere, but I'm in his corner for the best outcome possible and I'm sure any positive vibes from any source are welcome even if only in a spiritual sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The hospital did blood work before Tiger was taken into surgery.  They do this so the anesthesia doesn't go wonky because of other substances in the system.  That information is covered by HIPPA, and would require a warrant to obtain.  I don't know what happened but things happen very fast at 85 mph on a street.  It may be as simple as spilling a cup of coffee in his lap.  As a disclaimer, this is what happens in Texas.  YMMV.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PuttCurseRepeat said:

Are you serious? This wasn't a run-of-the-mill fender bender.

I am absolutely serious.  Yes, he was injured but so are thousands daily across the US in crashes.  There was no victim here and no offender to hold legally responsible which is the primary driving force behind the investigation into a traffic collision.  For someone who only injures them self outside of a fatality, that level of detail is unnecessary.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

To be accurate, the Sheriff said 7 days ago that they weren't issuing any ticket or "infraction", so it is done and speculation is meaningless.

Granted the prurient interests of those who want a certain result (or pretend they don't as the case may be) will likely continue but to what end?  Nothing productive, just all sorts of "experts" getting their names out there and taking advantage of opportunities to be quoted in one or another publication on some aspect of the incident, which has been closed now for a week.  

I'm not aware that wishing someone a positive outcome with his recovery necessarily needs to be read by him to be meaningful or sincere, but I'm in his corner for the best outcome possible and I'm sure any positive vibes from any source are welcome even if only in a spiritual sense.

The speculation is no less meaningless than your 2nd, 3rd or 4th well wishes for Tiger. The speculation rises from a natural curiosity to explain the reasons for this event, and whether or not the law enforcement officials in the jurisdiction are pursuing the matter is mainly a concern for Tiger and his legal team.(Though I also think it is legitimate to question whether Tiger received celebrity treatment, in light of the known circumstances)

18 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

The L.A. County Fire Department captain observed that Woods' pupils were "not pinpoint and not restricted which would have been indicative of narcotic analgesic influence."

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31222768/tiger-woods-thought-was-florida-crash-los-angeles-according-collision-report

The L.A. County Fire Dept. captain was also quoted stating that Tiger was able to stand and walk after the accident, so...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, PuttCurseRepeat said:

The L.A. County Fire Dept. captain was also quoted stating that Tiger was able to stand and walk after the accident, so...

If you have evidence to present that Tiger's pupils were pinpoint and restricted at the scene of the accident or later at the hospital please let us know.

12 hours ago, PuttCurseRepeat said:

Funny, he stood on one leg I presume.  Seems sort of difficult to do with the bone sticking out of the leg.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

On 4/17/2021 at 1:15 PM, One Putter said:

One of the first things i thought was, why is Tiger freakin Woods driving a car alone with no security detail? Nobody with him, just seemed odd to me. 

Golf aside, he's just a guy like you and me.  He doesn't have a security detail or body guards.  Puts on his pants by himself and drives his own vehicles.

• Like 1

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize