Srixon ZX7 Iron Review

Cakalacman

On 3/8/2021 at 2:07 PM, ddherman said:

I believe standard swing weight will be D-2.  Don’t think they will build to a different weight even if you request it. I had my fitter order and then rebuild to correct weight at D4ish.

Is D-2 achieved with graphite too?

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 11:04 AM, mahoneykev said:

I just got fit for mine last friday.  I tested the apex pros, mizuno mmc, ping i210's, and T100's.  As soon as I tested the ZX7/ZX5 I was sold.  The ZX5 7iron went a touch too far for me, and I will split the set at the 5iron.  ZX7 6i-PW, ZX5 4&5i. 

Now the wait for them to arrive begins. 

How long are they taking?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Brooks (BK) missing the cut at the Masters will he break his new ZX7's like he did his Mizuno's after they gave him 4 Majors. Sure he got his win with the ZX7's 1st time out so now let's blame it on his knee regardless that was pathetic for a grown man to do that as he is a good player but to throw a temper tantrums like that ... really. Mizuno's have been very good to him.  Yes the ZX7's are amazing irons but its so funny how when we have a bad round we think its the club. 

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

11 minutes ago, hizzmatix said:

seems like it varies but full custom sets have been over several weeks from what i've been reading on here 🙄

I am over several months.  Ordered 2/4 with Recoil 95 F4 shafts.  The only thing Srixon HAS NOT blamed so far is global warming, but since I don't have them yet that could be next weeks story?

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

6 hours ago, rxk9fan said:

I am over several months.  Ordered 2/4 with Recoil 95 F4 shafts.  The only thing Srixon HAS NOT blamed so far is global warming, but since I don't have them yet that could be next weeks story?

Not that you guys want to hear this but I had good luck with mine ordered through Carl's.  Not a ton of customization, a couple loft changes but got them in about ten days.

50 minutes ago, Arsilon2 said:

Not that you guys want to hear this but I had good luck with mine ordered through Carl's.  Not a ton of customization, a couple loft changes but got them in about ten days.

Glad you shared.  First, I figure 99.998% of the members here are bonded together to some extent by the mutual love and respect  for the game of golf.  I love hearing about members getting their new sticks, having a low round, or planning a trip to their dream course.  I love hearing you got them in quick and I look forward to hearing what you think about them on the course.

As for our wait, I mainly complain so to let others know what they may be in for, as I don’t want them waiting all summer unless they don’t mind waiting.  
Srixon has shown horrible communication and I don’t believe transparency means anything to them.  As a customer I certainly don’t feel they appreciate my past or current support and obviously don’t care if they have it going forward.  
I was told 9 plus weeks ago that my expectations should be that I would receive my sticks in a week to 10 days.  Here we are.

This has nothing to do with getting to share the experience of others getting these beautiful clubs in an appropriate time.  I love hearing because I know a fellow golfer has a big smile as he opens up that Srixon box.  

• Like 1

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I had my set in less than a week but I ordered mine from a fitter that had an uncut set on hand, sent him my build specs, he cut them to length, gripped them, and out the door they went.

Message Mark at Center Cut Custom Golf, his screen name on here is ThreePutForePar.  Awesome to deal with!

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

8 hours ago, jas904 said:

There an entire thread devoted to Srixon wait times. 

Yes, my bad!!!

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

1 hour ago, vancouver81 said:

Really enjoying the mixed set of X5 4-6 and X7 7-PW.  I was a bit concerned as a trending down 12 cap coming from SGI but I’ve had no issue handling the split, and the feel/distance is great. The 7s feel amazing and the 5s are rocket launchers. 

^this - another short range session and the swing is slowly sorting out. Pre-injury I was about a 12 and gaming i210, then Hot Metal Pro. Coming back I was struggling just to make decent contact, thought even ZX5 might be optimistic. But I decided to get a ZX7 8i to test and found I hit that better than the ZX5 7i (my original test clubs). Picked up the ZX5 6i even though I’d decided to try switching to hybrid. The 6i works great for me, easy to hit. So 6i in ZX5 and 7-PW in ZX7 it is. Still pondering a 5i instead of hybrid, we’ll see...

• Like 1

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023

21 hours ago, nostatic said:

^this - another short range session and the swing is slowly sorting out. Pre-injury I was about a 12 and gaming i210, then Hot Metal Pro. Coming back I was struggling just to make decent contact, thought even ZX5 might be optimistic. But I decided to get a ZX7 8i to test and found I hit that better than the ZX5 7i (my original test clubs). Picked up the ZX5 6i even though I’d decided to try switching to hybrid. The 6i works great for me, easy to hit. So 6i in ZX5 and 7-PW in ZX7 it is. Still pondering a 5i instead of hybrid, we’ll see...

If you like the ZX5 6 iron I have to think you’ll like the 5 iron. Very easy to hit and goes a mile. 

On 2/25/2021 at 12:44 PM, Cakalacman said:

That would have been my experience. The local shop here deals with more big name brands. As a matter of fact...they don't even have a set on the wall. They only have the fitting heads and shafts and I had to ask about them if they could fit me with them. I'm almost sure they told me they had not sold any of them. I think after my exp last  night that that changed their mind and they are going to add that to their recommendations going forward if somebody isn't locked into a brand. In all reality if it had not been from the forums here that started it and then watching the guys on YouTube review it on their monitors and rave about it, I'd have never tried it because Srixon just didn't seem like a club I wanted to try. I think letting Endo start forging them again is a huge improvement and likely a big reason for the club. Glad you like yours...I can't wait to hit mine for the first time in a round Saturday and Sunday.  

You should have asked for a discount since NOOOOOO one wants them 😄

• Haha 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Callaway Apex Pro '21 5-AW-- S400 (S)

Woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3W

Putter: TM HydroBlast Del Monte 1

I purchased a set of TC201/mb101 earlier this year, and while they were being built I was able to snag a set of zx7.. I have been so impressed with the zx7's, I haven't actually played the Miura's yet ( granted I live in CT and our season just started).. I think Srixon nailed it again with the line, I'm just glad more people seem to be catching on to how good their clubs are.

I was a bit worried about them being low spin, based on comments on this site. If they are low spin, I haven't found it to be affecting their playability. The ball stops pretty quick and they hit the numbers I'd expect... now to just dial in the shafts in...

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | 1k Orange 6TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*  | Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX

Titleist  '23 T200 (4) T100 5-9  | PX Rifle 6.5
Titleist  SM9 46 / 50 / 54 / 58  | PX Rifle 6.0

**Putter Unknown**

So I have 2 rounds under my belt with the zx7s and they are awesome clubs. Gained about 5ish yards through the bag, its too soon to tell really. More importantly is the flight is wonderful and miss hits are extremely playable . I am making swing changes so I'm not putting the best move on the ball quite yet.

Rounds of 79 and 75 this weekend. The 79 was from 7488 yards so got to use a good mix of long/mid and short irons lol  

I did almost have my first ace during my first round with them and it wasn't the best strike either! Looking forward to the next few years with these clubs, I change irons every 3 years or so. 

Still loving the ZX7 and was gouging my pals for cash before ONTARIO shut the golf courses down for 6 weeks as of yesterday 

Like the UK there is a massive uproar and petitions afoot

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2021 at 8:07 AM, jblough99 said:

I had my set in less than a week but I ordered mine from a fitter that had an uncut set on hand, sent him my build specs, he cut them to length, gripped them, and out the door they went.

Message Mark at Center Cut Custom Golf, his screen name on here is ThreePutForePar.  Awesome to deal with!

Tried messaging him based on your recommendation and he is not able to accept messages.

Dangit! 

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 6:39 AM, TJ83 said:

So I have 2 rounds under my belt with the zx7s and they are awesome clubs. Gained about 5ish yards through the bag, its too soon to tell really. More importantly is the flight is wonderful and miss hits are extremely playable . I am making swing changes so I'm not putting the best move on the ball quite yet.

Rounds of 79 and 75 this weekend. The 79 was from 7488 yards so got to use a good mix of long/mid and short irons lol  

I did almost have my first ace during my first round with them and it wasn't the best strike either! Looking forward to the next few years with these clubs, I change irons every 3 years or so. 

Hoes does zx7 compare to x-forged 18 you mention you played? Is zx7 hard to stop on faster greens? How about mishits? I am currently playing x-forged 18 but looking for a upgrade/replacement. Thanks.

2 hours ago, golfer55082 said:

Hoes does zx7 compare to x-forged 18 you mention you played? Is zx7 hard to stop on faster greens? How about mishits? I am currently playing x-forged 18 but looking for a upgrade/replacement. Thanks.

18 x forged are fantastic irons.  You might get a little more spin with the  x forged, but the zx7’s spin enough to hold greens.  I found the zx7’s to launch really nice which have plenty of stopping power.  Honestly, I think they are very close in feel as well.  Those x forged feel amazing!

Speaking to mishits, the zx7’s are very forgiving.  Low and off the toe hold their line very well with not a lot of distance loss.

• Thanks 1

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Searching…

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

9 minutes ago, wam78 said:

18 x forged are fantastic irons.  You might get a little more spin with the  x forged, but the zx7’s spin enough to hold greens.  I found the zx7’s to launch really nice which have plenty of stopping power.  Honestly, I think they are very close in feel as well.  Those x forged feel amazing!

Speaking to mishits, the zx7’s are very forgiving.  Low and off the toe hold their line very well with not a lot of distance loss.

Thanks. I also like x-forged 18 irons a lot and personally I think it’s one of the best CB irons and has been under-rated. But I still have an open mind to other newer iron offers; the VT sole of zx7 hold good appeal to me ( my attack angle is fairly low) , and I will get a set to try out. 

4 hours ago, wam78 said:

I completely agree with this comparison! X forged are great and they probably spun a little more for me than zx7s but I get plenty of stopping power from my zx7s. I am a high launch and spin iron player historically though. Feel I'd personally say x forged feel more soft where the zx7s are still soft but more dense and thick feeling. They both feel wonderful so it's a wash for me. Forgiveness I see less distance loss on mishits with the zx7, for me at least. 

• Like 2

Update

PX Catalyst 100 shafts in 6.5 in them now, soft stepped once ... needed to go proactive to listen the elbow wear and tear after having some previous horror show seasons of golf and tennis elbow while playing steel shafts in my irons all summer

6-PW set

Plus 1” and d9.5 swing weight

blue ferrules and iomic 2.3 grips

72 last night with 15 GIR, should have been 68 or so.   3 birdies but should’ve been 7.

Maybe a proximity record

Where i hit the Srixons ...

1.  PW to 6 feet and lip out (greens still slow and recovering from aeration)

3. 6i to 25 feet

4. PW to 15 feet . .bird

6. 8i to 6 feet and missed

8. 6i iron to 20 feet

9.  8i to 12 feet

15.  9i to 18 feet

16.  8i to 22 feet

The round the night before was the same, one water ball for a double and two stupid par 5 bogeys, ran around in 75 flagging irons all day.

I am as confident now from 180 as I am from 125.  It’s a total new mindset for me

Irons used to be the weakest part of my game

• Like 3

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9