How Long Till Bryson Gives Up on Chasing Distance?

45 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Id just add that to add that much muscle you need to do dead/squat/bench in the right set/rep range

Bryson does none of them because....they scare him

As far as BD on peds. I don’t think he’s the conspiratorial type to do something that is both illegal and could get him banned from the game.

Exactly. He does none of those “base” exercises and gained a lot of weight. Definitely not even close to all muscle. As for speculating he wouldn’t do PEDs? That’s no different than speculating that he does. Because we don’t have the facts on either. Works both ways. Also, I don’t think you get banned for a PED violation. Believe it’s a 3mo suspension. As you know I never said he used PEDs, I do believe if he chose to, it’s completely plausible he could get away with it. As for why would anyone flat out say he was on PEDs? You’ll have to ask Phizzy30. Unfortunate it ever came up in the topic. Back to golf!

Progressive overload! Nice terminology. 

@bscinstnct be like.

Coach Greg says... Haha

Edited by TIScape
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His 4th at the 2020 PGA and win at the 2020 US Open makes me think his game is doing ok...   Currently 9 human beings on a planet populated by over 7 billion people are ranked higher than hi

Until he hurts himself

Bingo.  He's on PEDs and steroids especialy affect bone density and generally make you more prone to injury.  Been there myself in the past(only on hrt now from my doc/endo) and have quite a few clien

Posted Images

He believes in this approach and he will stick it out.  In college they convinced him to go to a standard length wedge.  Results were good, better than the single length wedge.  But it wasn’t what he believed was right for his game so he went back to the single length wedges.  He has the courage of his convictions and is willing to work hard to make it work.

everyone on wrx forgets that sometimes pros play bad for a stretch.  It happens.  A few months isn’t going to make someone with a lot of confidence abandon their game plan...

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Id just add that to add that much muscle you need to do dead/squat/bench in the right set/rep range, progressive overload, and frequency. 

Bryson does none of them because....they scare him

As far as BD on peds. I don’t think he’s the conspiratorial type to do something that is both illegal and could get him banned from the game.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate he is on peds so I don’t know why people would say he is besides “well he could be and he could evade detection”

Yeah, so? Show me any indication he is actually using anything. (not you, mind you ; )

I've said my piece.  Go back and read it if you'd like because I'm not going to repeat myself.  Like I said, I work with pro athletes both golfers and other sports and have real world experience regarding PEDs.  There is no such thing as a totally "clean" pro sport.  To believe so is to be naive. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 3

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

41 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I've said my piece.  Go back and read it if you'd like because I'm not going to repeat myself.  Like I said, I work with pro athletes both golfers and other sports and have real world experience regarding PEDs.  There is no such thing a totally "clean" pro sport.  To believe so is to be naive. 

Let’s just say as a professional in the fitness industry that plays around with writing a little code, I’m smart enough not to argue about it with my client that is a senior software developer at Workday. Not everyone is as aware 😊

Edited by TIScape
  • Haha 1

He's going for the feast-or-famine style of play.  I'd bet good money that he knew this would happen.  He's going to miss cuts, he might even miss a lot of cuts but when he gets into a nice rhythm over a four or five week stretch he will win maybe 3 times and whos to say that won't be another USO.  

To me, when I look at what Bryson is doing, he knows that he probably won't be consistent week in and week out but he also knows that he might run the table over a 4 week stretch and that 1 month stretch could make it all worth while. 

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

6 hours ago, BIM_Monkey said:

Given that 6 months ago all golf courses were going to be obsolete and we were all going to copy Brysons power game. It seems like he's copied my, smash it all over the planet and gouge it out game. 

At the minute the strategy of hitting it flat out isn't working. So how long will he stick with that strategy? 

Perhaps you would share your opinion?

14 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I've said my piece.  Go back and read it if you'd like because I'm not going to repeat myself.  Like I said, I work with pro athletes both golfers and other sports and have real world experience regarding PEDs.  There is no such thing a totally "clean" pro sport.  To believe so is to be naive. 

Phizzy! 

Not sure where you got the idea I said any sport is “clean”

Im just pointing out there is nothing, zero, nada, zilch, to indicate BD is using roids, SARMS, hgh, or hrt.

You understand?

Im taking about BD. Neither his physical attributes or his performance changed in a way that wouldn’t align with his diet and training in a natural state.

So, I don’t get what you even mean? Are you saying you know he’s taking something? 

Also, I got plenty of experience around roids.... I did my heavy lifting in the Golden Age of roids in the early 90s. We played football agains a bunch of kids from the next town who all “magically” gained 30 pounds over the summer. And we still kicked their butts 😂

The best was this gym in Yonkers we went to. It’s now a cliche but it actually said, “Dianabol breakfast of champions” over the locker room door. There were some serious bodybuilders jacked on everything including horse steroids! They were all bouncers, you’d see them at the club beating the crap out of everybody. 

I never took roids. Can you imagine me on roids?! Every day Id be like 

E20E100F-A970-4200-9E4A-22FC8F3C12F0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Also, I got plenty of experience around roids.... I did my heavy lifting in the Golden Age of roids in the early 90s. 

Wait. You worked out in the early 90s at the same gym as a bunch of meat heads that did roids, but you never did them... Knowing this now, I wholeheartedly apologize for not considering you an expert on the subject earlier! 😂 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, TIScape said:

Wait. You worked out in the early 90s at the same gym as a bunch of meat heads that did roids, but you never did them... Knowing this now, I wholeheartedly apologize for not considering you an expert on the subject earlier! 😂 

TIS! We say “tis” all the time as in short for rotisserie chicken. Half a tis is the best muscle builder I know of. Gotta be like over 70g protein right there ; )

Hey, I may not know as much as a “fitness professional”. But enough to know that I’m not hearing any significant expertise about peds as it relates to BD here. 

Plus, at 52, I look as good as most “fitness professionals”. I got the routine down, muscle, cardiovascular, athletics/agility.  So I gotta know a thing or two, right? ; )

Edited by bscinstnct
16 minutes ago, MUNIGRIT said:

I can tell you this nobody freaking knows. Reading this thread you would think his strategy was a major bust. How many wins and majors did he get last year? Oh yeah he had zero chance at Winged Foot according to Butch Harmon who says bomb and gouge does not work there.

I said in another thread. Say what you want about the guy, he had the guts to break the mold and do it his way and it got him a US open. Respect. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

TIS! We say “tis” all the time as in short for rotisserie chicken. Half a tis is the best muscle builder I know of. Gotta be like over 70g protein right there ; )

Hey, I may not know as much as a “fitness professional”. But enough to know that I’m not hearing any significant expertise about peds as it relates to BD here. 

Plus, at 52, I look as good as most “fitness professionals”. I got the routine down, muscle, cardiovascular, athletics/agility.  So I gotta know a thing or two, right? ; )

You lost me on the chicken thing. Because you look good for 52, means about as much as working out with guys that did lots of roids 25+ years ago when it comes to your hands on knowledge of how professional athletes train and use modern PEDs. Truth be told I was actually just hoping you’d post a pic of your left bicep this time to prove how knowledgeable you are. Better yet let’s go full shirtless this time so we can really see how much you know!  Or even better yet, let’s meet and arm wrestle or have a “bench off”. Winner knows more! Haha

Edited by TIScape
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, TIScape said:

You lost me on the chicken thing. Because you look good for 52, means about as much as working out with guys that did lots of roids 25+ years ago when it comes to your hands on knowledge of how professional athletes train and use modern PEDs. Truth be told I was actually just hoping you’d post a pic of your left bicep this time to prove how knowledgeable you are. Better yet let’s go full shirtless this time so we can really see how much you know!  Haha

Whenever “fitness professionals” post about peds. They seem to tell everyone else they know nothing about peds.

But they never actually display any actual knowledge or experience they have in planning, procuring, or administering peds. Or to whom. Or for what.

Its just “well, see, I’m a fitness professional so...”

I was hoping you’d share some actual experience rather than requesting a shirtless pic ; )

9 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Whenever “fitness professionals” post about peds. They seem to tell everyone else they know nothing about peds.

But they never actually display any actual knowledge or experience they have in planning, procuring, or administering peds. Or to whom. Or for what.

Its just “well, see, I’m a fitness professional so...”

I was hoping you’d share some actual experience rather than requesting a shirtless pic ; )

9 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Never once said nobody else knew anything. But if your too ignorant to recognize that someone that does something for a living has more hands on knowledge than most, then I don’t think it matters what I say.  Planning, procuring and to whom??? Are you high right now?

Edited by TIScape
4 hours ago, PZero said:

It won him a major. Hate the guy all you want, but the stuff he does eventually works out for him. That's why he's fun to watch.

image.png.0230c97187f0332a4a6008cdc2c20fdd.png

Man, J.D's been telling people that for years. His method won 2 majors. I'll say this about Bryson its not the method, its his delivery of the message. 

• Like 2

Callaway - Epic Subzero 9* Oban Kiyoshi White 68g 04

TEE - CB Pro Limited 16.5*  Oban Kiyoshi White 74g 04

TEE - CB Pro U 19* Paderson KINETIXX TS Hybrid 80

Miura - Baby Blades 4 - PW KBS Tour Black 120s

Vokey - SM7 52* 56* 60* KBS Tour Black 120s

Ping - PLD Prime Tyne 35"

Grips- Iomic Sticky 2.3 .60

I connect it to why the players on the long drive tour on Espn wouldn’t make it on tour. There is a bit of finesse involved and control over the long haul. Bryson will succeed on a lot of the courses but still gotta hit the approach and make two putts of not one. That’s why golf is so good. Drive for show, putt for dough. Gotta be firing on all cylinders to compete. 

TaylorMade R1 Motore Speeder 757X
TaylorMade Aeroburner 15* Graphite Design BB6S

TaylorMade SLDR 20* Motore 8.3 Tour Spec X

Wilson Staff Blades Black Recoil 95S 4-Pw

Wilson Staff Model 52/56/64 TI X100

TaylorMade Ghost Tour Long Neck
Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

10 hours ago, Christosterone said:

His 4th at the 2020 PGA and win at the 2020 US Open makes me think his game is doing ok...

Currently 9 human beings on a planet populated by over 7 billion people are ranked higher than him...think about that...9 people on the entire earth....

it’s astonishing how flippant the wrx community is with great play...

-chris

This x1000

getting back on topic. i think bryson is going to continue to build speed until 135-145 club head speed is a stock swing that hits the fairway 50-60% of the time. But he also knows the stresses that those high speeds create on the body. So, I think I heard him say that he is trying to get leaner and more flexible. 

He’s so invested into driving the ball farther why would he stop. I think if he could average 340-350 and hit 55% of fairways that’s a start for him. 

13 hours ago, dhacker56 said:

Be awfully hard to be on 'roids when they are tested TWICE every week!

im not aware of any tour anywhere doing any credible testing AT ALL and ive looked many times.. thats why they all have an accident or a family situation just before the olympics..

(beta blockers most likely, I dont think steroids/hgh are 'rampant' in golf)

12 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Were there links to show Ronnie Coleman was on PEDs who's the king of bodybuilding?  Nope. 9/10 times a pro athlete is not going to admit PED use.  I train clients who use steroids, hgh among other things.  Although steroid use isn't rampant on the PGA tour, alot of them use hgh in order to recover from injuries.  I have more knowledge in that area than most.  I myself was once immersed in that world.  Also, if you follow WLD, you would know that those guys use PEDs as well.  Are you going to tell me that Ryan Steenburg among others aren't taking PEDs?  C'mon now bro.  Guys that use PED's show the classic signs.  Steroids are known to cause bloat from fluid retention, some more so than others.  Bryson's face and belly are bloated and guess what, it's not from eating donuts and burgers all day.   Also, you don't put on 50 pounds of muscle, fat and fluid in 6 months magically. 

cant believe this comment is liked lol..

drug use is accepted at almost every level of bodybuilding. No tests. Irrelevant.

I did exactly what Bryson did when I was 20, put on 50 pounds in only a few months. Ended up looking like him as well, ie fat. Of course you will look bloated..

IF he was claiming some genuinely eyebrow raising lifts thats a different matter. Far as Ive heard he doesnt do any compound lifting at all lol. 

Honestly I think you should withdraw your allegation. I respect Bryson a lot for thinking outside the box, I obviously dont know him as a person but if youre going to impugn someones integrity youd better have better evidence than 'he gained a lot of weight quickly'

FYI, Bryson’s “new” body is almost identical to Nicklaus in the mid 60s...

It’s a fantastic build for hammering the ball if u can maintain flexibility...

‘jack often talks about losing 20-30 yards in 71 when he lost 35 lbs

Bryson’s build is currently jack circa 1965...and I’m 100% on board

• Like 1

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

3 minutes ago, Christosterone said:

FYI, Bryson’s “new” body is almost identical to Nicklaus in the mid 60s...

It’s a fantastic build for hammering the ball if u can maintain flexibility...

‘jack often talks about losing 20-30 yards in 71 when he lost 35 lbs

Bryson’s build is currently jack circa 1965...and I’m 100% on board

You know what?

Youre absolutely right!

Bryson reinvented bacon and eggs for breakfast every day and pot roast for dinner ; )

20 hours ago, Fischputza said:

DeChambeau said that because he’s swinging so fast – upwards of 135 mph – “the physics aren’t understood at that speed yet.”
He has already blown a gasket in his brain.......

He and his team are going to experiment with driver shafts and driver heads until they understand the physics!

I remember that he commented to Rory while playing at Riviera that his driver was so delicate, or something like that.  If he believes that there is a way to swing upwards of 135 mph and control the ball, he'll keep doing what he's doing.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
On 2/25/2021 at 11:34 AM, BIM_Monkey said:

Given that 6 months ago all golf courses were going to be obsolete and we were all going to copy Brysons power game. It seems like he's copied my, smash it all over the planet and gouge it out game. 

At the minute the strategy of hitting it flat out isn't working. So how long will he stick with that strategy? 

LOL....the WRX classic....Shampoo firing the low round of the day with 8 under on a course with double bogies or worse everywhere. 

Edited by PureStrikes54