Jump to content

Ireland Covid update????


hammergolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Copacetic said:

Aer lingus closed Shannon operations a few months ago, basically basing 100s of people there was costly with so few flights, so centralized everything to Dublin.  I think US immigration wanted to do the same also. There are some political complaints that they should reopen, but seems unlikely by October. There is a motorway all the way but as you say not ideal. I’m currently down near Lahinch on holiday, stunning weather by our standards the last week or so. 

5C67A4FE-F3CC-4499-BD92-F7CF62CF16F1.jpeg

B1309012-C412-4F79-AF9C-D466450BE660.jpeg

ACEFFD6E-2D04-472D-B86D-7F4E9FDB1D0B.jpeg

Can you reserve about 5 days of that weather for us October??? I can understand not having Shannon open, especially considering golf travel from the US had to be a good percentage of the business. We will make the best of it, and enjoy seeing the Irish countryside on the drive over. Thanks again for all the updates. Enjoy your holiday!

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Confirmation that indoor dining will open on 26th for vaccinated or immune people (via having COVID in last 9 months) max tables of 6, no time limits. We’ve had to pass a new law to allow the discrimination based on that status. 
 

This will affect places like golf club restaurants and bars for you guys mostly. Hotels were already allowed this for guests for last couple of months.  
 

Not al venues plan to open as we are only just getting in to vaccinatiing 18-30 year olds, so quite a few staff won’t be vaccinated. Our case numbers are on the rise also, up to 1400 a day from only 200 a few weeks ago. All seems to be delta variant and so far hospitalisation is still low. We have nearly 3/4 of people vaccinated with at least one dose now and almost half the population fully vaccinated. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Copacetic said:

Confirmation that indoor dining will open on 26th for vaccinated or immune people (via having COVID in last 9 months) max tables of 6, no time limits. We’ve had to pass a new law to allow the discrimination based on that status. 
 

This will affect places like golf club restaurants and bars for you guys mostly. Hotels were already allowed this for guests for last couple of months.  
 

Not al venues plan to open as we are only just getting in to vaccinatiing 18-30 year olds, so quite a few staff won’t be vaccinated. Our case numbers are on the rise also, up to 1400 a day from only 200 a few weeks ago. All seems to be delta variant and so far hospitalisation is still low. We have nearly 3/4 of people vaccinated with at least one dose now and almost half the population fully vaccinated. 

Thanks.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Copacetic said:

As of tomorrow rakes back in bunkers and can remove flagsticks across Ireland (local clubs can decide when to implement) 

Fingers crossed, we are counting the days… 69 days!

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Chanceman said:

What's the daily case count in Ireland? Is it rising or falling?

Rising quickly as noted above. Now at 1400 cases or so a day from 200 a few week back. Delta variant during cases, mostly not leading to similar increase in hospitalisation rate or ICU rate. We had 1386 new cases today, 106 people in hospital with COVID, up 11 from yesterday, 22 in ICU, down one from yesterday. 
 

our vaccine penetration is good which seems to be keeping seriousness of cases under control. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Copacetic said:

Rising quickly as noted above. Now at 1400 cases or so a day from 200 a few week back. Delta variant during cases, mostly not leading to similar increase in hospitalisation rate or ICU rate. We had 1386 new cases today, 106 people in hospital with COVID, up 11 from yesterday, 22 in ICU, down one from yesterday. 
 

our vaccine penetration is good which seems to be keeping seriousness of cases under control. 

Just keep up the good work and we will keep our fingers crossed over here.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 4:21 PM, Copacetic said:

Rising quickly as noted above. Now at 1400 cases or so a day from 200 a few week back. Delta variant during cases, mostly not leading to similar increase in hospitalisation rate or ICU rate. We had 1386 new cases today, 106 people in hospital with COVID, up 11 from yesterday, 22 in ICU, down one from yesterday. 
 

our vaccine penetration is good which seems to be keeping seriousness of cases under control. 

How are things looking across the Pond? Counting the days until we hopefully are able to make the trip.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No real changes which is good. Steady just under 1500 cases a day, steady numbers in ICU, hospitalisation slightly rising. Big push to get more and more people vaccinated. We’ve moved to walk in vaccination for ages 12 plus now. 
I understand Ireland is now on a no travel advisory from CDC but not sure why that’s changed.  
 

reopening of indoor dining and pubs has gone ok, sports events number continue increase. Golf more or less back to normal with rakes, flag removal, but need vaccine cert for indoor dining 
 

 

F51A01A0-E653-42E8-B5B6-56D3C7B2AA1B.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In weather news, after a really quite dry june/ July, courses were really burnt out here, typically we only have irrigation on tees and greens so was at the stage of brown fairways and lovely soft greens. Well it’s all changed in 10 days. Lots of rain and everything back lush and green. We are getting 10mm a day at the moment. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Copacetic said:

No real changes which is good. Steady just under 1500 cases a day, steady numbers in ICU, hospitalisation slightly rising. Big push to get more and more people vaccinated. We’ve moved to walk in vaccination for ages 12 plus now. 
I understand Ireland is now on a no travel advisory from CDC but not sure why that’s changed.  
 

reopening of indoor dining and pubs has gone ok, sports events number continue increase. Golf more or less back to normal with rakes, flag removal, but need vaccine cert for indoor dining 
 

 

F51A01A0-E653-42E8-B5B6-56D3C7B2AA1B.jpeg

When it comes to our cdc, I think they just flip a coin every two weeks. They’ve changed their position many times on the same issue.  I trust the Irish govt. more than the clowns we have running the show over here. Hoping the progress keeps up over there. 54 days and counting!

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Copacetic said:

In weather news, after a really quite dry june/ July, courses were really burnt out here, typically we only have irrigation on tees and greens so was at the stage of brown fairways and lovely soft greens. Well it’s all changed in 10 days. Lots of rain and everything back lush and green. We are getting 10mm a day at the moment. 

Just please make sure there is no rain between Sept. 29th and October 8th… 🤣

  • Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Copacetic said:

Heh, not really known for being dry here in October. You’ll be looking at it raining half the days at least on average. What you what to hold out hope for is that it’s not also 30mph winds!

Yeah, we’re prepared for that, but a guy can dream right?

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Copacetic said:

This was yesterday during Irish pga at carne links 

 

https://twitter.com/carnegolflinks/status/1423678175217922049?s=21

Just a light shower…. In the words of Caddyshack, “I’d keep playing, I don’t think the heavy stuff is coming for a while”…..

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, jly said:

Welp. Just paid off the last of the trip. Leaving in 24 days... hopefully things hold up! Hope everyone is staying safe.

Have a great trip!

  • Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, jly said:

Welp. Just paid off the last of the trip. Leaving in 24 days... hopefully things hold up! Hope everyone is staying safe.

We just ordered face shields and N95 masks bc we don’t want to be in quarantine for 10-14 in Ireland since the US is making us take a negative test to return home.

 

At first I thought it was silly, but I am starting to see the logic, certainly in the airport and plane.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2021 at 9:20 PM, Petethreeput said:

We just ordered face shields and N95 masks bc we don’t want to be in quarantine for 10-14 in Ireland since the US is making us take a negative test to return home.

 

At first I thought it was silly, but I am starting to see the logic, certainly in the airport and plane.

Are you vaccinated? Last I heard was proof of vaccination was all that was needed for entry. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

Are you vaccinated? Last I heard was proof of vaccination was all that was needed for entry. 

Yes, but of course, we can still carry the virus.  So the precaution is for the mandatory test to take place within 72 hours of our return to the US.  If that comes back positive then we will be denied re-entry and therefore have to quarantine in a hotel in Dublin for at least 10 days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Yes, but of course, we can still carry the virus.  So the precaution is for the mandatory test to take place within 72 hours of our return to the US.  If that comes back positive then we will be denied re-entry and therefore have to quarantine in a hotel in Dublin for at least 10 days. 

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/usa/news-and-events/covid19-updates/

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

In order to return to the US the CDC requires a negative test taken within 72 hours of boarding. I will only be there for 10 days. If I test positive before returning to the US I will have to quarantine for at least ten days in Ireland. Given my vaccine status I can walk into Ireland. I am concerned about about getting home and do not want to contract in Newark bc I will test positive when I try to come home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

In order to return to the US the CDC requires a negative test taken within 72 hours of boarding. I will only be there for 10 days. If I test positive before returning to the US I will have to quarantine for at least ten days in Ireland. Given my vaccine status I can walk into Ireland. I am concerned about about getting home and do not want to contract in Newark bc I will test positive when I try to come home.

You will find it’s a requirement to wear a mask in Ireland everywhere indoors except seated at your table in a restaurant and bar. Eg entering the pro shop or bathroom at a golf club. All shops, leaving your table to go to a bathroom etc.  all shops have sanitizer at the door etc. out cases are stubbornly slowly rising and up to almost 2k a day, but relative to population that’s still very low. You would be very unlucky to contact COVID assuming you follow the rules to some degree but of course it is a risk. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Copacetic said:

You will find it’s a requirement to wear a mask in Ireland everywhere indoors except seated at your table in a restaurant and bar. Eg entering the pro shop or bathroom at a golf club. All shops, leaving your table to go to a bathroom etc.  all shops have sanitizer at the door etc. out cases are stubbornly slowly rising and up to almost 2k a day, but relative to population that’s still very low. You would be very unlucky to contact COVID assuming you follow the rules to some degree but of course it is a risk. 

Oh, we will wear our masks and are excited to go. My/our concern is actually the US and being in the airports and getting it from some non-believer who has “allergies” or “a cold,” etc. so we will be fully geared getting out of US. We are prepared for masks while we are there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife and I fly to Dublin 2 weeks from Wednesday so we have both downloaded the app Veri-Fly so we will upload our test 2 days before we leave and then take another one before we fly from Belfast to Heathrow for the 2nd part of our vacation. Both have had the virus (I was sick for 2 weeks, she was positive but asymptomatic ) and both of us have been vaccinated. We just returned from 8 days on Kauai where the mask restrictions are pretty much the same as mentioned in this thread so going to grin and bear it and get thru it. Not overly concerned about testing positive upon returning to states but still going to take every precaution

Livin' In The Day Of The Eagle

Driver: Sim2 9* Oban Hashimoto 04

4w SimTi  Diamana F75 Limited S

7w Ping G425 SFT Ping Tour 173-75 S

Irons: 2021 TM 790 5-GW PX 5.5

Wedges: Vokey SM6 54*PXG 0311 58*

Putter: SC Newport 2
Ball: Titleist AVX Yellow

Index: 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      General Albums - 
       
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #1
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #2
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #3
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #4
       
       
      WITB Albums - 
       
      Hideki Matsuyama - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sung Kang - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Adam Long - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Brandon Wu - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sam Burns - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Xander Schauffele - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Daniel Berger - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      James Hahn - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Phil Mickelson - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Aaron Wise - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Lee Hodges - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Cameron Champ - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Kyle Stanley - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
       
      Pullout Albums - 
       
      New Super Stroke grip - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Tour Aim alignment aids - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Swag Golf: Hideki's caddie bowing at Augusta, signed headcovers – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Dylan Frittelli's Callaway Apex TCB Sand Wedge (1-of-1 proto) – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Bryson DeChambeau's Cobra King LTDx 5-degree driver – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      NeuroPeak Pro NTel Belt - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      JumboMax JMX Zen Lite grips – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
      Cameron Champ WITB has the new Ping i525

       
      Bryson's WITB has the new Cobra LTDx Driver 

       
      Phils new Rogue Driver

       
      Bryson's LAGolf Shaft in the driver

       
      Xander has the triple diamond "S" driver

       
      New SuperStroke grips for 2022

       
      • 6 replies
    • 2022 The American Express WITB Photos (Spotted: New gear for 2022) - Discussion & Links
      Please put and comments or questions here
       
       
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2022 American Express
      New Taylor-Made putters - 2022 American Express
      New Odyssey putters - 2022 American Express
      New Axis 1 model putter - - 2022 American Express
      Patrick Cantlay - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Mitsubishi MMT putter shaft - 2022 American Express
      Ping putter - 2022 American Express
      Abraham Ancer - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Jason Dufner - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2022 American Express
      The Surgeon 6109 wedge - 2022 American Express
      LA Golf "DJ Series" shafts (2022 American Express)
       
       
       
      2022 American Express - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
      • 40 replies
    • Sony Open Pics from January 11, 2022 Part 1
      I was able to get out to the Sony Open today to take a few pics.  I guess due to Covid precautions they kept the spectators pretty far from the players.  Also due to camera restrictions they've put in place, I wasn't able to bring the big lens like I normally do. Hopefully they'll ease up on the ropes and I'll be able to get more pics tomorrow!
        • Like
      • 22 replies
    • 2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max driver
       

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver
       
      2021 Callaway Rogue ST Max 
       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS

       
      Rogue ST exploded views
      • 206 replies
    • Titleist Vokey SM9 Link on Wedge Works Coming Soon- UPDATED Pics Added Pg 4
      Looks like there is a link on Titleist Wedge Works for the new Vokey SM9, but doesn't show any photos yet.
       
      https://www.vokey.com/product/WM137.html#start=4
      • 215 replies

×
×
  • Create New...