Want a cart bag but worried it will fall over

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a Ping Pioneer. Awesome bag. Stands up just fine on hard surfaces like parking lots and garages. It’s never fallen over. Grass can be an issue sometimes. Most driving ranges have those club sta

get the C130 cart/stand bag...cart bag with legs. 

I’ve always owned cart bags because I only ride (knee surgeries), but something I’ve never understood is how no company has ever produced a universal aftermarket stand that can be attached to the bag.

Posted Images

I have a Ping Pioneer. Awesome bag. Stands up just fine on hard surfaces like parking lots and garages. It’s never fallen over. Grass can be an issue sometimes. Most driving ranges have those club stands so I just use those. If they don’t, I lay the bag on the ground just to be safe. 

• Like 4

Big Bertha B21 Driver 9* VeloCore Black 6X

Sim Ti 3W EvenFlow Black 75X

Sim Max 5W EvenFlow Black 75X

M4 7HL EvenFlow Blue 75X

SIM Max 6H EvenFlow Black 85X

G710 7-U Modus 105 X

PM Grind ‘19 Tour Grey 54 & 58

Ping Vault 2.0 B60 Copper

Just now, JermWRX said:

I have a Ping Pioneer. Awesome bag. Stands up just fine on hard surfaces like parking lots and garages. It’s never fallen over. Grass can be an issue sometimes. Most driving ranges have those club stands so I just use those. If they don’t, I lay the bag on the ground just to be safe. 

My only beef with my Pioneer is the 3 or 4 smaller pockets have narrow openings that my fat hands struggle to get into. 

Oh, and the zippers on the larger side pocks migrate open the I'm riding a cart sometimes. Not enough to lose anything yet, but it's annoying.

I also have my dad older Pioneer model and the are a few thing that are better laid out on it.

Ping G400 10.5 (9.5*) HZRDUS Yellow 75 5.5 
Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
Cobra Forged Tec 6-GW SteelFiber i95cw R  
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 54/14
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 58/12

This Week's Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC 4 34"/ 343g
TM Tour Response/ ProV1/ FG Tour

+1 for the Ping Pioneer.  Had a SM C130 that fell over all the time.  LOVE the Ping Pioneer.  Also, it locks in on my MGI Zip Navigator just perfectly.

Taylormade SIM 10.5*  Diamana ZF 60Tx

Taylormade SIM Ti 17* Diamana ZF 70Tx

PXG 0341X Gen2 21* Diamana Limited S+ 70s

Srixon zU85 23*  MMT UT 105s

Srixon z785 5-P MMT 105s

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Raw 50*,56*,60*  MMT Wedge 105s

L.A.B. Golf B.2 LAGP TPZ ONE35

Taylormade TP5

My single issue with any and every cart bag I have owned is that unless the clubs are distributed in the bag correctly they will have a propensity to want to tip one way or the other. This is made worse when there is any wind... which can then cause the bag to fall over. This reason is exactly why I moved to stand bags a few years ago. My suggestion would be to look for a larger stand bag the C-130 for example or one of the hybrid stand bags available.

They will fall over if it's windy. As others have said for short time periods (leaving it standing in the parking lot for example) when you are close by it's no problem.

If you are going to leave it standing unattended it will fall over in the wind, or if some careless person bumps it walking past etc.

If 99% of the time it's easier going to be attached to a cart, or leaning against one of those bag stands at the range...you'll be fine

Cobra Radspeed XB tour length 9 w/ PX Hzrdus RDX Smoke Black 80
Cobra F9 Tour 13.5 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 70
Callaway Apex 20 w/PX Catalyst 70
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 130

Cobra King MIM Black 56 and 60 wedges w/ Modus 130

SGC #002 flow neck 385g

5 minutes ago, RainShadow said:

My only beef with my Pioneer is the 3 or 4 smaller pockets have narrow openings that my fat hands struggle to get into. 

Oh, and the zippers on the larger side pocks migrate open the I'm riding a cart sometimes. Not enough to lose anything yet, but it's annoying.

I also have my dad older Pioneer model and the are a few thing that are better laid out on it.

That’s a shame about the zipper. That’s never happened on mine and I only ride. The 2 pockets that are small are a bit of a pain, but I just leave my valuables pouch in it. The pouch has a small lanyard on it that I attached to the zipper. So when I unzip it the pouch just pulls out. Easy peasy👍

M4 7HL EvenFlow Blue 75X

G710 7-U Modus 105 X

get the C130 cart/stand bag...cart bag with legs. 

• Like 2

DriversPXG Proto 0811x (10.5) Ventus Blue Velo-(Patriot Edition) 6 (stiff)
Fairway:  Taylormade Sim Max Rocket (14) / Aldila Tour Blue 65 (stiff)

Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5) / Hzrdus Red 75 (6.0)

Hybrid:  Cobra F7 3-4 (21.5) / Aldila Tour Blue 85 (stiff)
Irons:  PXG 0211 (5 - Gw) / T.T. Elevate Tour (x-stiff)
Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore (54/12) / Nippon Modus 115w
Wedge:  TM Hi-Toe (60/10) / KBS Hi Rev 2.0

Putter:  Mannkrafted MA/55 (Custom)
Bag:  Bennington LQO-9

+ another one for the Ping Pioneer if don't buy a c-130.  I've had a few cart bags and the Pioneer has been the most stable standing on its own.  Like many have said I've left it up in a parking lot, next to the practice green, and for shorter times on the range and it's never fallen (never was too windy though too).

Another bonus is the pioneer sits well on my push cart for a cart bag.

TaylorMade SIM 10.5º | Graphite Design AD IZ-6X
Callaway Epic SZ 3 wood | Graphite Design AD IZ-7X
Callaway Mavrik SZ 5 wood | Graphite Design AD IZ-7s
Titleist TW3 Hybrid 25º | Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 70x
Ping i210 5-PW | Dynamic Gold Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey Wedge SM7 52F, SM8 56D & 60D | Dynamic Gold Project X LZ 6.5

TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs +
Titleist Pro v1x

I’ve always owned cart bags because I only ride (knee surgeries), but something I’ve never understood is how no company has ever produced a universal aftermarket stand that can be attached to the bag. Seems like a no brainer to me🤷🏻‍♂️

Guess I didn’t look hard enough🙄😂

614C74B4-B613-4CD8-8C3A-6A3A7A32822E.jpeg

Edited by JermWRX
More info
  • Like 2

M4 7HL EvenFlow Blue 75X

G710 7-U Modus 105 X

Callaway and Titleist (depending on your brand loyalty) both do nice hybrid bags that are a mix of a tour bag and stand bag.  I have been considering getting one of those.

Callaway Mavrik Max Driver
Cobra Speedzone fairway
M6 hybrid
PXG 0211 irons (5 to G)
Callaway 56 and 60 PM grind 2.0
PXG Operator putter

Callaway Chrome Soft balls

10 hours ago, heathpitts said:

I have the Ping Pioneer as well and it definitely stands well on its own. However I may add what @JermWRX posted above. It would be the perfect bag then!

9 hours ago, heathpitts said:

Do any of the hybrid bags have the strap on the back? That was always my primary issue with a stand bag in a cart since the strap just gets in the way. It’s also why I changed to the Ping Pioneer. 

Looks like it is removable on the Titleist one:

https://www.titleist.co.uk/product/hybrid-14-stadry-stand-bag/054GB1T.html?dwvar_054GB1T_color=BLK 

Callaway Mavrik Max Driver
Cobra Speedzone fairway
M6 hybrid
PXG 0211 irons (5 to G)
Callaway 56 and 60 PM grind 2.0
PXG Operator putter

Callaway Chrome Soft balls

Ping Traverse, it tips on pavement even if a bit out of level. I don't carry much in side pockets, so when you load the front pockets and with the heaviest clubs at the front (putter, wedges), it doesn't balance out. Still a very good car bag. I really wish someone made a stand bag, normal size, but only a couple of front pocket and a smallish side pocket. Not a Sunday bag though, something that will hold 14 clubs. I don't carry a lot of peripheral stuff all the time (if it is going to rain, I wear the gear. No extra towels, gloves, wind jackets, etc.). The only problem I have with a stand bag on a cart is normal layout has putter/wedges to the stand side, with irons middle and driver/woods at top. Put it on a cart with legs inwards and now everything is reversed.

Ping G400 Max 10.5°, Ping Alta CB R flex, std length
Ping G400 3W & 5W, 14.5° & 17.5°, Ping Alta CB, R flex std length
Callaway 2004 Big Bertha 7W, 22°., Callaway RCH graphite, R flex std length

Cleveland Launcher UHX 5-D Wedge, std loft/lie, Dynamic Gold DST 98 steel R flex, std length
Cleveland Smart Sole SW, 58°, Dynamic Gold wedge flex, std length

Odyssey 2019 Seven Slant Stroke Lab with stock grip 35"

20 hours ago, JermWRX said:

I’ve always owned cart bags because I only ride (knee surgeries), but something I’ve never understood is how no company has ever produced a universal aftermarket stand that can be attached to the bag. Seems like a no brainer to me🤷🏻‍♂️

Guess I didn’t look hard enough🙄😂

614C74B4-B613-4CD8-8C3A-6A3A7A32822E.jpeg

I’d be interested in seeing if this works, or a universal FAIL 🤔 

I want a cart bag with legs, but I’m not sold on the Sun Mountain C130 stand 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Drivingrangehero said:

I’ll post an update after it arrives! Ordered last night. I’m not convinced it will work either without some additional tinkering. It does appear that it will fit the Pioneer perfectly while still allowing free use of the strap on the back of the bag. The measurements seem like they will line up

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Drivingrangehero said:

Same here. I don’t like the c130. And I looked at the bag boy one and it’s ugly as hell😂

M4 7HL EvenFlow Blue 75X

G710 7-U Modus 105 X

Hybrid bags. Many options out there. I need one with a bottom that works well on my rovik s cart

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5” vs Callaway Max 10.5* Rogue Max
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos vs Callaway Max 15*
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven TU, Seemore si3, si5, Directed Force Reno, PING Ketsch
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Shot Scope V3

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I have a Ping Pioneer and it's fine on a level surface. Now if you load up the pockets with a 12 pack of beer water then yeah it will tip over. Now if it is loaded up (actually with water) then I just lay it down tour bag style on grass.

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

Currently, my Ping DLX is quite level based, and I have parking lot confidence in it.  It may very well be the same frame as the Pioneer.  But mine has not blown over, yet.

Any bag can tip - anywhere!!  It's Murphy's Law😝.  With that, oh how I miss two fabulous sets of forged MB irons of my past that were bag tipover victims in parking lots.  Those Wilson Staff True Blades (Edwin Watts exclusive) and Mizuno MP-69.

Both used to be kept in Bennington QO-12 cart bags.  Excellent slotted tops that keep irons from collision chatter & noise on the course, but a relatively narrow base and tall profile - recipe for ES tippin' at a whisp o' wind or bump.  I just couldn't stand looking down at their pavement-rashed toes (with the Benningtons, your irons hang out over the bag edge) anymore after two seperate incidents.

Just don't let your cart bag clubs sit for long on the hardtop!!

BAG ONE:                                                                                                                     BAG TWO:
-Titleist 917 D2                                                                                          -Cobra F9 Tour Length 
3- Mizuno MP ti                                                                                             5 -Mizuno MP ti
-Titleist 915 H1 17, Titleist 816  H1 21                                                      -TM 2.0 SF 18 & 21
I - Titleist T100/MR KK TiNi 105                                                                   I - TM P760/Recoils 110 F4
W- Mizuno 52, Vokey SM6 58                                                                     - Mizuno 53, Cally 58
P- Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                                       -Guerin TS Black 370

On 2/27/2021 at 7:59 PM, heathpitts said:

Do any of the hybrid bags have the strap on the back? That was always my primary issue with a stand bag in a cart since the strap just gets in the way. It’s also why I changed to the Ping Pioneer. 

This is precisely why I usually buy one with a removable strap! That solves the strap issue nicely.