Can Bryson drive par 5 6th at Bay Hill?

10 hours ago, stingerfade said:

It’s because it’s arrogant and then the golf gods said I don’t think so

How many times early in Tiger’s career did we hear a course was a par 68 for him? With all of the par 5’s reachable that needs to be the mindset. Not arrogance at all.

• Like 2

WITB
Titleist TSi3 9* PX Riptide CB 60s

Titleist TS3 strong 3 wood 13.5* PX Hzrdus. Smoke 75s

Titleist 818H2 19* hybrid Tensei Blue

Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125s

Taylormade MG2 50* 54* 58* DG S300

Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select 34” with flow neck by LaMont

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course, hell 80% of the guys on this forum could.

OK, I'm going to come clean here for the first time.   I am not just another guy. I worked with Bryson a week before he won his first Memorial in 2018 and that kick started him to several wi

Yep. He had the wind he said he wanted and he hit it where he said he would, just right of the green. Time for some of you guys to find a new slant  

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

it was slower and softer, agreed?

Agreed

41 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

they were hitting more club on approach than normal, agreed?

Agreed

41 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

softer greens gave you bigger targets

I’m not sure about this. Softer greens make the ball stop immediately. If your approach shot is poor/inaccurate and lands in a bad part of the green, soft greens won’t help you. My assertion is that Bryson has been struggling on approach/wedge shots so soft greens didn’t favor his shots.

1 hour ago, Gsea said:

Article says he reached 194 ball speed.  Check the video posted earlier from the long drive guy.  Gonna take a bunch more than 194...I think the long drive guy was getting 210 or so.  Based on that don't think it will happen even with favorable, temps, wind, humidity, barometric pressure, lake effect levels, sun and moon phases, grass height at tee, etc., etc. 🤣

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BombinJim said:

Agreed

Agreed

I’m not sure about this. Softer greens make the ball stop immediately. If your approach shot is poor/inaccurate and lands in a bad part of the green, soft greens won’t help you. My assertion is that Bryson has been struggling on approach/wedge shots so soft greens didn’t favor his shots.

it was by far the lowest scoring masters ever, despite them having longer approach shots than normal. Clearly, missing in the wrong place didnt bring the penalty it normally does 

Edited by milesgiles

5 hours ago, jt2gt said:

Article says he reached 194 ball speed.  Check the video posted earlier from the long drive guy.  Gonna take a bunch more than 194...I think the long drive guy was getting 210 or so.  Based on that don't think it will happen even with favorable, temps, wind, humidity, barometric pressure, lake effect levels, sun and moon phases, grass height at tee, etc., etc. 🤣

194 seems low for BAD. I saw a video of him hitting 200+. 

22 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

Hate to break it to you but tiger is waaaay better than Bryson will ever be. Cmon now 

Lol, what does that have to do with my point?  Is everyone posting on wrx “arrogant” because a certain par five is reachable on his home course and he considers it to be a par four? Seriously?  For Bryson very few par fives are not reachable. What is wrong with him considering them to be par fours?

• Like 2

WITB
Titleist TSi3 9* PX Riptide CB 60s

Titleist TS3 strong 3 wood 13.5* PX Hzrdus. Smoke 75s

Titleist 818H2 19* hybrid Tensei Blue

Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125s

Taylormade MG2 50* 54* 58* DG S300

Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select 34” with flow neck by LaMont

Kinda want him to try it but definitely want him to dunk it in the water 😂 My fear is that if he tried it and made it, if his head didn’t explode out of self congratulation ours would because he and the commentators would never, ever, stop talking about. 

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

On 3/1/2021 at 8:26 AM, disco111 said:

According to the formula above, Bryson said it's possible, but with the caveat, only if the moon is in full retrograde and the sun has risen in the west...

I thing the moon being in perigee is what Bryson is really looking for.  That extra gravitational pull from the moon gives him the additional 0.1% carry he needs.

• Haha 1

John Daly say's " Have at it, sport ".

Ping G400 10.5 (9.5*) HZRDUS Yellow 75 5.5 
Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
Cobra Forged Tec 6-GW SteelFiber i95cw R  
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 54/14
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 58/12

This Week's Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC 4 34"/ 343g
TM Tour Response/ ProV1/ FG Tour

3 hours ago, MattyO1984 said:

the commentators would never, ever, stop talking about. 

Nor should they.

• Like 1

Bag set (hopefully) for at least a year...NOPE. Today's date is ~~10/8/2019~~. 7/16/2020. 3/15/2021

Driver: Taylormade M5 9* (set at Standard) - Project X Smoke Green 60 6.5TX

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - Project X Smoke Black 70 6.5

5 wood: Taylormade SIM 19* - Diamana Blueboard 83x 

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI 2 @ 17* - Project X 6.5 (on the bench)

Irons: 3-6 Taylormade 2014 TP MC;  7-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* strong) - Project X 6.5

GW: Taylormade MG 50* - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 1018 DOG bent to 54* - KBS Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 1018 PDG  bent to 59* - KBS Ctaper 130x

Putter: Bettinardi BB1 Copper Classic - 35" @ 68* and 1.5* loft. 

I think he can make it, looked like a pretty solid in wind from the videos I saw, plus he said he didn't hit em great so they were spinny.  So spinny into the wind =/= success in carrying it 330 or whatever it is and what he said the FS said he carried it 299 or something.  I think he's got a little extra with an opposite wind.  I hope he tries it in all honesty, it would be hilariously awesome, but I'm also a big BDC fan.

• Like 1
SIM2 - G410 LST - something random - G410 Crossover 20* - i500 5-W (5i 2* strong, 6i 1* strong) - MD 52*, PM 58* & 64* - F22
4 hours ago, MattyO1984 said:

Kinda want him to try it but definitely want him to dunk it in the water 😂 My fear is that if he tried it and made it, if his head didn’t explode out of self congratulation ours would because he and the commentators would never, ever, stop talking about. 

Be great to see but unless he’s gonna MC and does it Friday for kicks 

He may act like he’ll do it but on the tee he be like 

32140630-301C-4528-B8DE-A5689F4B5592.jpeg

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, tungstenplug said:

He didn't go for it in round 1, but took a slightly more aggressive line than the other guys I saw hit. He had 134 club speed, 195 ball speed, 309 yards total (308 carry), and 206 left to the hole

What club did he hit for the second shot?, Eagle putt?

13 hours ago, Shilgy said:

Lol, what does that have to do with my point?  Is everyone posting on wrx “arrogant” because a certain par five is reachable on his home course and he considers it to be a par four? Seriously?  For Bryson very few par fives are not reachable. What is wrong with him considering them to be par fours?

Come on now, what do you expect? This is WRX tour talk. Strawman arguments tangentially based off responses are foundational, especially when Tiger is involved.

• Haha 1

TSi3 9° Tensei White Prototype 2.0 TX
Epic Flash SZ 15° Kai'li x
Epic Flash 3H 19° Evenflow Black 6.5
i210 4-G Modus3 120x
Glide 3.0 54°/60° Modus3 120x
Spider X Chalk