• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can go for a nice peaceful walk in the woods and also spend some time on the beach all within the span of 3 minutes! 

Because she doesn't. 🤣

Literally as an escape from real life lol and i enjoy the ethics around golf

Because I am a glutton for punishment.  😄

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5° (tour issue 9.9), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S   ||  3W:  TaylorMade M4 15° (small head), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid at 17°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S  ||  Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Wedges:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged: 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff ||  Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

I can go for a nice peaceful walk in the woods and also spend some time on the beach all within the span of 3 minutes! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: T.B.D.

LW: T.B.D. 

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

"All answers are correct" - WOW  😛

I feel so much better 🤗 knowing someone has validated my reason.  Dang, I am going to run down the street and holler at the top of my lungs, I am free... 😬 right? 

I took up golf because I can play good golf and still enjoy playing with people that are not as focused on scoring low as I am. 

• Confused 1
  • Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX
  • 1 month later...

Me against the course and my own head.  Quiet.  If you don't want to talk/listen to music/etc., Don't.  

And while not "nature" per se...it is in my mind.  Outside, fresh air, and the most meticulous grounds you'll find.  

Thinking man's game with peace and quiet.  Any parent and/or hard worker can appreciate 3.5 hrs of peace with only one thing to focus on.  Missing that next putt...😉

• Like 1

PING G425 LST 10* Fuji XLR8 51

PING G425 Max 5Wd 16.5* Fuji XLR8 61

PING G425 Max 7Wd 20* Fuji Motore F3 70

PING i500 3-PW KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

Edel 46* DVR/52* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING Vault Anser 2

Why do I play golf?

1. It takes my mind off of everything else

2. It's a fun way to spend quality time with friends

3. It's a great way to meet new people. (To paraphrase something from the book "Blue Fairways",  everyone you get paired with on the golf course is a new friend, it's only the group in front of you who are sometimes A-holes")😄

4. It's an easy way to enjoy a few hours in a beautiful setting with cool wildlife and often time beautiful views

5. I like the challenges of trying to understand the  "questions" the architect is asking i.e. trying to (a) understand what shot is called for and (b) execute it. 

• Like 1

When i started it was to spend more time with my Grandparents. Then the love of the game grew, when my pop died my love of the game did for a couple years. Then it bit me again, i spent the next so many years playing as much as i could and practicing a ton. When my gram stopped playing she made me promise to not stop when she passes so i didnt. 

Next Chapter is i love playing, being outside, the feeling of good shots and being with friends. Adding now that my two youngest kids play and both love the game i get more enjoyment then ever playing golf. Nothing like watching your kids enjoy and playing good. Being excited after a round and asking can we go next week again. Asking if they can get lessons to get better. I love this game, it has given me so much without asking for a ton. 

TM SIM Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM SIM 19 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM GAPR Mid 4 iron 20 Fujikara Fuel
TM GAPR Mid 5 iron 23 Aldila RIP 
TM P790 6 Nippon Modus 3 130, Black 7-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Milled Grind 2 Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
TM Hi-Toe Big Foot 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

1. Love being outside when its nice out

2. I'll admit I love having a few while playing 🙂

3. It's 'me' time away from the kids and wife (not that i dont love them)

4. The challenge and constantly trying to improve

5. I'm a stats nerd and love seeing the stats at the end of a round and seeing how I did, where i stunk, etc.

When I started as a kid, it was to spend time with my grandfather, who taught me to play. 

Stopped playing for about 15 years, and returned to it last year because I was sick of being stuck inside and it was something safe to do. I'm a big guy who's trying to lose some weight but has struggled to do so because of some old foot/lower leg injuries dating back to my football days, and I've found that walking/carrying 18 holes is actually great exercise that doesn't upset those injuries. I've dropped 10 pounds so far this season even though courses only really opened up less than a month ago.

Those health benefits are what I have to keep reminding myself of when I'm playing poorly, spraying it all over the place and turning a six-mile walk into an eight-mile walk...

1) Get Away and clear your mind. Focus on something fun to do and wash away everything else for a few hours

2) Always something to improve. Its never ending. There is always more to do, tweak, practice. So it never gets stale

3) Love being outside and enjoying the weather.

4) Get way to spend time with friends/family

After everything I've been through in the Military and life itself, Golf is my ZEN time, love the challenge, you can always do one shot better.

Ping G400 LS Tec 8.5*, Rogue Silver 125 MSI, Tour S, 44.25"
Ping G410 14.5*, Stock Alta S Flex, 43"
Callaway Apex Hybrid 18*, GD Tour AD-DI 85S
Callaway Apex X Muscleback 4-P, DG Tour Issue shafts
Callaway X Forged 52, 56, 60-DG Tour Issue shafts
Odyssey #7 stroke lab, 34" oversize grip
Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1

I played short stop on my little league team until I was bullied so badly by teammates that I quit. I played golf because I could play by myself. There's more to my love for the game now of course. But, it saved me as a kid.

Ping 410 Plus 12*

Callaway X-Hot 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 4 hybrid, XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Taylormade P770 7-AW

Vokey SM6 M grind 56*

Mizuno Pro 60*

Black Lab BL-1