Arnold Palmer Invitational 2021

8 minutes ago, Shakespeare said:

Again..new tiger ...not next...Bryson stats this week are crazy good..top 5 in driving..strokes gained driving..scrambling..2nd in gir...worst stat is putting.  He is the new tiger in taking the game to another level compared to other tour pros ...or at least might take it to another level.  He will be betting favorite at the masters is my guess. His last two wins are on us open type set ups...so if he wins another tourney probably the favorite there as well. Thats tiger like. No one would compare his game to prime tiger, but my statement is he drives it better and if he doesnt miss a putt when it matters for ten years like tiger, then we might be comparing careers. He is the only player right now that seems to win without really seeing his a game.

I should've clarified one more thing, I feel like Tiger is one of the best shotmakers (if not the best) in the history of the game you don't really see a lot of that anymore. Bryson's game is very technical, and as a viewer I don't really understand or care for that crap. But with Tiger whenever he pulls off a crazy shot I am always awestruck and want to try something similar. That something you can't teach or develop. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-gCYokE-Mc

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this tournament... and if u get sick of Arnie tributes then get off wrx...  

Watching yesterday on dvr.  The thing that strikes me is that , I am not pleased that fans are back.   They do not add to the viewing experience at all.  The number of tools I’ve already heard yelling

Tiger won 4 Majors in a row, man.   Bryson has 9 wins in his whole career.   Tiger won 9 times in one year.   You’re talking about Tiger Woods now.      

Posted Images

1 minute ago, KRAMER1997 said:

I should've clarified one more thing, I feel like Tiger is one of the best shotmakers (if not the best) in the history of the game you don't really see a lot of that anymore. Bryson's game is very technical, and as a viewer I don't really understand or care for that crap. But with Tiger whenever he pulls off a crazy shot I am always awestruck and want to try something similar. That something you can't teach or develop. 

Im afraid shot making will be a lost art....bomb and gouge will take its place and the first guy to hit it 350 with some touch will win a bunch  till others catch up. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Christosterone said:

Fwiw, tiger circa 2006-2008 was the truest ball striking our planet has ever seen...

Just my opinion but those years are wildly underrated...

nothing compares to his Hoylake iron play...nothing

-chris

Pure.

2006-2008 TW played in 37 pga tour events 

He won 19 of them.

Thats 51%

🤣😂

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Shakespeare said:

Im afraid shot making will be a lost art....bomb and gouge will take its place and the first guy to hit it 350 with some touch will win a bunch  till others catch up. 

That why I hate the current direction the pro game is headed. I feel like Tiger and Phil (maybe Bubba and Sergio) are going to be the last of the shotmakers. I'll be honest I don't really give 2 $hit$ how far Bryson hits the ball anymore, it was fun to watch at first but it just not entertaining anymore. I would much rather watch Phil hit approach shots from grandstands or Tiger hit huge hooks around trees. But that's just my 2 cents.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TiScape said:

I can only speak for myself. I don’t root for Bryson. I don’t hate him. For me it’s a few things. Asking for a ruling, getting a ruling from the official that is clear and concise, yet calling for another official hoping for a different answer. Trying to get relief from the ant hole that clearly wasn’t an issue, telling the cameraman not to tape him while he was acting in a way that he didn’t feel was good for his “brand”. (Then don’t act that way) and today hitting a poor shot into the bunker and saying “worst bunkers on tour” after hitting it out. Just not the type of behavior I root for. That said, he is no doubt exciting to watch. 

I get it. I can forgive a lot of that stuff because I have been an a****** sometimes, in the heat of the moment, and then regret it. I am sure there are some here who have never uttered a curse word, never lost their cool and always drive the speed limit too. To them he is the antichrist. Maybe he doesn't give his actions a second thought. Maybe he does. Not worth worrying about.

He certainly makes the game more exciting. I think you will see a lot of kids emulate what he is doing and he`s not a bad role model as far as - training, health, singlemindedness, avoiding alcohol and such. Imagine the temptation he`s had. At his age, I`d go buckwild. He`s probably on his second muscle milk, writing kanji backwards, doing deep breathing all while thinking about maximizing his REM sleep in anticipation of tomorrow`s exercise schedule.

For me, the negatives are overshadowed by what he does to separate himself and get every last bit out of his talent - Is there anyone out there that goes to the same length? 

Perhaps the best comparison is Tiger, in that regard. Comparison`s are a little unfair to BD though as, it`s Tiger`s world. The game we know today is a direct reflection of what Woods did during that stretch from 1997-2008. He raised the level of competition from Lee Rinkers and Bob Mays to guys like Tony Finau and Xander Schauffele. I suspect If you put those guys on tour with the weapons they have in place of Tiger (à la Hot Tub time machine) they would eat courses from that time period alive. But, they can`t get W to save their lives right now.

In the end, maybe it is just best to wait a few years and see how it all pans out.

8 minutes ago, KRAMER1997 said:

Did you watch the US Open this year? That final round was a work of art. 

2 minutes ago, Christen_The_Sloop said:

I get it. I can forgive a lot of that stuff because I have been an a****** sometimes, in the heat of the moment, and then regret it. I am sure there are some here who have never uttered a curse word, never lost their cool and always drive the speed limit too. To them he is the antichrist. Maybe he doesn't give his actions a second thought. Maybe he does. Not worth worrying about.

He certainly makes the game more exciting. I think you will see a lot of kids emulate what he is doing and he`s not a bad role model as far as - training, health, singlemindedness, avoiding alcohol and such. Imagine the temptation he`s had. At his age, I`d go buckwild. He`s probably on his second muscle milk, writing kanji backwards, doing deep breathing all while thinking about maximizing his REM sleep in anticipation of tomorrow`s exercise schedule.

For me, the negatives are overshadowed by what he does to separate himself and get every last bit out of his talent - Is there anyone out there that goes to the same length? 

Perhaps the best comparison is Tiger, in that regard. Comparison`s are a little unfair to BD though as, it`s Tiger`s world. The game we know today is a direct reflection of what Woods did during that stretch from 1997-2008. He raised the level of competition from Lee Rinkers and Bob Mays to guys like Tony Finau and Xander Schauffele. I suspect If you put those guys on tour with the weapons they have in place of Tiger (à la Hot Tub time machine) they would eat courses from that time period alive. But, they can`t get W to save their lives right now.

In the end, maybe it is just best to wait a few years and see how it all pans out.

20 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Tiger won 4 Majors in a row, man.

Bryson has 9 wins in his whole career.

Tiger won 9 times in one year.

You’re talking about Tiger Woods now.

Thing with Bryson , like most geniuses... Destined to be under-appreciated in their time. Galileo, Pythagoras, Aristotle, Tesla etc....

Probably a little above our heads to even imagine the plane that he is on. I mean tiger was amazing, but he wasnt a scientist

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Callaway Epic Subzero 9 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Callaway Epic Subzero 13 w/Matrix Black Tie 80

Titleist TS3 20 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 130

Cobra King MIM Black 56 and 60 wedges w/ Modus 130

SGC #002 Flow Neck 385g

7 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

And one more thing, as Columbo would say,

I don’t want to hear any of this,

Oh yeah, well Tiger only did great cause there wasn’t the great competition like they have now!

When, meantime BD needed 18 holes to finish of 47-year old Lee Westwood. 

😂

PS-All due respect to Lee and I was very happy to see him out there, must have been amazing for him to be so deep in the hunt again at a big US event and great to see him playing so well in general. 

To be honest...there was nobody left for him to finish off except westwood....

10 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

Thing with Bryson , like most geniuses... Destined to be under-appreciated in their time. Galileo, Pythagoras, Aristotle, Tesla etc....

Probably a little above our heads to even imagine the plane that he is on. I mean tiger was amazing, but he wasnt a scientist

😂 Smooth one, Jeff ; )

You know, BD is a actually a pretty sick athlete to be playing pro golf and swinging like a LD guy. 

Add his putting and he’s lethal.

Plus, he wants to be there crunch time.

He can dominate with the tools he has. Put up multi win, multi major seasons. 

Love to see him do it.

I’m not a big BD fan but I really don’t care about a guy’s personality. If he wins, that’s all it’s about in pro sports. 

• Like 2

Well that sure was a fun weekend of golf.  Jordan back in the mix.  Lee Westwood of old but now he can actually PUTTTTT!!!

And wow love watching me some Bryson.  Cmon how can you not like this dude.  What a breath of fresh air.  The young man thinks outside the box and has anyone ever put 195mph ball speed into play and executed like he did on #6 over the weekend?  First time anyone has done that right?  That line he took.  Dude has CAJONES.   And those shots out of the rough with wedges were young Tigeresque.

• Like 4

PXG Gen 3 Proto 9* Tensei Orange 60x

PXG 0341 Gen 2 15 Diamana 60 Stiff
Ping G425 17.5 Tour AD BB 60 Stiff
Ping G410 20.5 7 wood Tour 75
PXG 0311 Gen 2 XF 4-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
PXG 0311 50 56 60 Rifle Stiff 6.0

PXG Gunboat H

Good win, but hold off on the anointing.  There are not going to be all that many players who will be able to gain 50 lbs. and 50 yds.  Bryson has figured out what works for him, but it's not going to work for many.  All due respect to Bryson, he puts in the work, he is reaping the reward, but not the future of golf.

52 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

Would you consider Patrick Reed an artist, because one definition of art is turning crap into something great, and Reed is the Master of changing a terrible lie in the rough/bunker into a great lie?

8 hours ago, TiScape said:

I can only speak for myself. I don’t root for Bryson. I don’t hate him. For me it’s a few things. Asking for a ruling, getting a ruling from the official that is clear and concise, yet calling for another official hoping for a different answer. Trying to get relief from the ant hole that clearly wasn’t an issue, telling the cameraman not to tape him while he was acting in a way that he didn’t feel was good for his “brand”. (Then don’t act that way) and today hitting a poor shot into the bunker and saying “worst bunkers on tour” after hitting it out. Just not the type of behavior I root for. That said, he is no doubt exciting to watch. 

Did that all happen this weekend? What a bell end. He'll cringe at all that when he's older. 

I turned off after they hit their drives on 18, it was done and dusted as soon as that happened and it was 11pm here. Sleep v. Watching Bryson win. There was only ever going to be one winner for me.

• Like 2

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2021

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

10 hours ago, KRAMER1997 said:

It's a marathon over decades of honing the skill, not a sprint to be the best in 1-2 years. Development takes time. How often do you change everything in one year/season (and perfect it immediately)? I feel this year is getting used to the newfound (expanded) length. Explore the maximum - find the limit. Next year/season (or maybe by the end of this one), once BD figures out the limits, he backs it off a little and starts working on becoming more versatile in the shot making for another season or so.

Do race car diving F1 winners win the championship their first year behind the wheel of a car?  (highest was 2nd) Or does it take years of driving to the limits to find those limits and honing their craft up through the ranks to make it to the show, and win? Then learning new cars, new teams, new *equipment* and how best to make use of them year after year. 

BD is if figuring out his new stuff and I highly doubt his distance is going to be his only "skill" in the near future. His putting has come around greatly too. Also his approach shots were not that bad yesterday either. He just needs more GIRs and getting it a little closer.

Edited by Imp

Callaway Mavrik 9* Fujikura Pro2.0 6.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Srixon ZX5 Irons (4-PW) / Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, Callaway, 64*, Balls by Snell.