All-Fit Universal Adaptor Thread

kjbuckeye

22 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

tsk,tsk,tsk @knudson81 thought you might have one of those spiffy Golf Mechanix digital measuring machines tucked in that lovely workshop of yours 😜

I don't either. I've reached out to Russ at fit2score and see if he has any comment. he's been using all-fit for a while now.

I just wonder if because these adapters are universal, it will not be perfection. It's like the Callaway Club Conex Uni-fit adapter that turns my Epic Flash sub-zero into a hook machine at the standard settings. The OEM was always a fade driver. I thought it was my swing but when I replaced it with the All-Fit it was back to the normal fade self.

I wish I had one! Shop is still missing a few of those niche tools! I bet you are right, these universal systems are awesome but not 100% perfect! 

• Like 1

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

18 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

tsk,tsk,tsk @knudson81 thought you might have one of those spiffy Golf Mechanix digital measuring machines tucked in that lovely workshop of yours 😜

I don't either. I've reached out to Russ at fit2score and see if he has any comment. he's been using all-fit for a while now.

I just wonder if because these adapters are universal, it will not be perfection. It's like the Callaway Club Conex Uni-fit adapter that turns my Epic Flash sub-zero into a hook machine at the standard settings. The OEM was always a fade driver. I thought it was my swing but when I replaced it with the All-Fit it was back to the normal fade self.

perfect news to me too.  🤑

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Therty said:

I’m excited to buy a couple of these. Anyone who has them comment on the adjustability? Do I need to get 360 grips? It seems like rotating the shaft will spin the grip around, is that true?

Yes it will rotate the grip. 

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*, NS Setting, Accra TZ6 55 M4 @ 45.5"

5 Wood: Maltby KE4 TC, 19*, ProjectX HZRDUS Yellow 60 6.0 @  42"

7 Wood: Maltby KE4 TC Hyway 21*, Aldila RIP beta, 70S, @  42" 

Irons: Maltby TS1 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105S, 7i 37"

Wedges: GW - TBD, SW - Maltby TSW Forged 54.10 bent 56.12, DG S300

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 4 - 33"

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 STD

Arccos accross the board.

Instagram: @buckeyegolf

I believe Top Golf is now shipping the All-Fit Cobra (CB-FIT) sleeves WITH the long screw. You no longer need to order the long screw separately.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

On 3/17/2021 at 9:09 AM, knudson81 said:

Yeah, I am hoping that @joey3108 can maybe jump in here and let us know what he has seen with the loft/lie/face angle changes using All-Fit. I don't have a gauge in my shop to measure, so it might be hard to find out.

So I reached out to Russ at Fit2Score, long time fitter and user of All-Fit. If you go to YouTube, he's the guy interviewing the Top Golf rep at the PGA show in 2019.

He reckons his recent measurements show All-Fit to be more accurate than the OEMs.

I am not worried about any weird "angles or lofts" issue or not. As long as these are solid and nothing too outwardly appearance like getting a closed face, I think I am good.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 4

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

I have ALL-FIT loaded into 2 heads and a couple shafts so far and right now I do have to say that I like the system. I think it is built well and feels just as solid as the OEM adapter out on the course and the range. Personally I like the fact you don't have to tip the shafts and the overall longer shaft will be much easier to put into an OEM adapter if you ever need to do that. The Uni-Fit might have a little more adjustment when it comes to independent loft and lie, but the simple ability to use any shaft in any head while still being able to adjust loft 1.5* up or down is more than good enough for me. I know it was mentioned about checking the face angle, and I don't have a gauge for that, but I have not noticed anything out of whack to my eye with a couple shafts in the SIM2 Max and Tour Edge C721 heads. When set in the standard position they look like they did in the standard setting with the OEM tip and when I add or remove loft the face angle seems to react like I would expect. The only issue I have run into so far is that the new Tour Edge head needed the longest screw, meant for Cobra, and I also had to source a small washer since the original screw is quite large. Since this head was released 2 weeks ago, I don't really fault ALL-FIT for not knowing the details on it yet. 

• Like 3

I have run into the issue of the newer white taylormade wrenches not working with the ping longer screw. I emailed with Liam and told him the issue, seems like I am already stripping the head now. and also, it doesn't click when torque limited like oem screws do...so don't know if I have tightened it enough. I don't think I have any of the older TM wrenches around...can we get the screw directly from top golf in the US without the large shipping cost from China?  Might have to get a few as they might wear out in my ping g425 head. 

1 hour ago, knudson81 said:

I have ALL-FIT loaded into 2 heads and a couple shafts so far and right now I do have to say that I like the system. I think it is built well and feels just as solid as the OEM adapter out on the course and the range. Personally I like the fact you don't have to tip the shafts and the overall longer shaft will be much easier to put into an OEM adapter if you ever need to do that. The Uni-Fit might have a little more adjustment when it comes to independent loft and lie, but the simple ability to use any shaft in any head while still being able to adjust loft 1.5* up or down is more than good enough for me. I know it was mentioned about checking the face angle, and I don't have a gauge for that, but I have not noticed anything out of whack to my eye with a couple shafts in the SIM2 Max and Tour Edge C721 heads. When set in the standard position they look like they did in the standard setting with the OEM tip and when I add or remove loft the face angle seems to react like I would expect. The only issue I have run into so far is that the new Tour Edge head needed the longest screw, meant for Cobra, and I also had to source a small washer since the original screw is quite large. Since this head was released 2 weeks ago, I don't really fault ALL-FIT for not knowing the details on it yet. 

Where were you able to source tipping information from? I wasn't sure so I just tipped a new shaft .5" just to be safe.

WITB:

On 3/25/2021 at 5:52 AM, ericft said:

I have run into the issue of the newer white taylormade wrenches not working with the ping longer screw. I emailed with Liam and told him the issue, seems like I am already stripping the head now. and also, it doesn't click when torque limited like oem screws do...so don't know if I have tightened it enough. I don't think I have any of the older TM wrenches around...can we get the screw directly from top golf in the US without the large shipping cost from China?  Might have to get a few as they might wear out in my ping g425 head. 

Yeah, sounds like you might have stripped the top of the screw.

Suggest you either get a Callaway wrench and the fit will be snug or an older R7 wrench - look on fleabay. I have not striped any screws using both. The R7 is the best fit but it's like 30 in-lb force torque, lower than the 40ish with the newer wrenches. I have zero issues with my Callaway or Pars N Stripe heads using the R7 wrench.

Edited by SwingBlues

2 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Yeah, sounds like you might have stripped the top of the screw.

Don't use the OEM Taylormade wrench with the All-Fit screw. I reported this in my post on Page 2:

Suggest you either get a Callaway wrench and the fit will be snug or an older R7 wrench - look on fleabay. I have not striped any screws using both. The R7 is the best fit but it's like 30 in-lb force torque, lower than the 40ish with the newer wrenches. I have zero issues with my Callaway or Pars N Stripe heads using the R7 wrench.

+1 on the Callaway wrench. It just works.

• Thanks 1

WITB:

9 minutes ago, kjbuckeye said:

Where were you able to source tipping information from? I wasn't sure so I just tipped a new shaft .5" just to be safe.

I think @knudson81 was referring to the Club Conex Uni-Fit where they recommend 3/4" tipping in order for the shaft to play it's true flex. So this is bad news as when we switched to All-Fit system, ours shafts are playing stiffer in the All-Fit and also playing, generally, 1/2" shorter as well.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SwingBlues said:

@knudson81 was referring to the Club Conex Uni-Fit where they recommend 3/4" tipping in order for the shaft to play it's true flex. So this is bad news as when we switched to All-Fit, the shafts are playing stiffer in the All-Fit and also playing, generally, 1/2" shorter as well.

How did you all test shaft stiffness? By feel? or a frequency machine? 

WITB:

3 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

I think @knudson81 was referring to the Club Conex Uni-Fit where they recommend 3/4" tipping in order for the shaft to play it's true flex. So this is bad news as when we switched to All-Fit system, ours shafts are playing stiffer in the All-Fit and also playing, generally, 1/2" shorter as well.

Yeah that is a bummer coming from Club Conex to ALL-FIT that the shafts come out short and tipped.

4 minutes ago, kjbuckeye said:

How did you all test shaft stiffness? By feel? or a frequency machine? 

From the feel aspect I installed my first couple shafts (HZRDUS Green and Veylix Mansion) untipped into the ALL-FIT and they feel correct to flex out on the course and on the range. I have hit both those shafts in untipped OEM adapters and thought they felt exactly the same. It was the reason that I chose both of those shafts to start with.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

Yeah that is a bummer coming from Club Conex to ALL-FIT that the shafts come out short and tipped.

From the feel aspect I installed my first couple shafts (HZRDUS Green and Veylix Mansion) untipped into the ALL-FIT and they feel correct to flex out on the course and on the range. I have hit both those shafts in untipped OEM adapters and thought they felt exactly the same. It was the reason that I chose both of those shafts to start with.

I'm not familiar with Club Conex. Is the BBTG measurement different? How about the bore depth of the adaptor?

WITB:

3 minutes ago, kjbuckeye said:

I'm not familiar with Club Conex. Is the BBTG measurement different? How about the bore depth of the adaptor?

Yeah, the Club Conex shaft tip is shorter and doesn't go near as far down into the head as ALL-FIT or an OEM tip. 

IMG_2011.JPG.c7e0ce2d52ff825817e25fbb6a670491.JPG

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

Yeah, the Club Conex shaft tip is shorter and doesn't go near as far down into the head as ALL-FIT or an OEM tip. 

IMG_2011.JPG.c7e0ce2d52ff825817e25fbb6a670491.JPG

Thanks. That explains the additional tipping with Club-Conex.

• Like 1

WITB:

3 hours ago, knudson81 said:

Listened to the pod this morning. Good stuff. You spoke about the colours and that you'd be using just black. I tend to experiment between lengths sometimes 45" / 44.5" / 44" depending on mood and course (have extra weights for my heads to adjust SW accordingly). I intend on using different colours so easily identify which shafts are which length. Black normal, Red longer (danger zone!!), Blue Shorter.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 8:24 PM, knudson81 said:

I got a message from Anthony at Club Conex today and he said they are talking about some options for us consumer users. He said he will hopefully have some more details for us soon.

Hey, @knudson81, any update from Anthony?

WITB:

15 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

Nothing. I asked him about getting an order of just a couple pieces before they locked it down also and didn't hear back.

I emailed Anthony 3 days ago on his direct email and he didn't reply either. This is so poor showing and frankly, rude. At least the right thing to do is a simple reply, doesn't cost anything but a few key strokes

I think I am now done with Club Conex totally. I am not going to followup with Anthony anymore.

I have enough adapters and sleeves from Top Golf to switch completely. Also, I feel the All-Fit is a more solid system, not perfect but more sold. They also exhibit great customer service even though they are based in China and their English is not the best.

Also a HUGE SHOUT OUT to kjbuckeye for this thread which provides, I think, much valuable and informative information on the All-Fit system.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a coffee time with my club fitter, he told me allfit actually have more adjustability, all the oem system will change the loft & lie in the meaning time. They just did not tell.

Lie angle is always following the loft setting together with draw setting to change.   
it was good enough to base on their setting. 
Is it right 

I was told allfit is more durable. 
conex one was more easier broken, cuz shaft is tipped and not insert deep enough into hosel. All the strength come to the hosel collar and screw while impact. It should be adapter and hosel together as oem ones, that is stronger. And shaft flex is quite much different with unifit tipped length. 

lesson learned. 

• Like 1

Just now, GetEagle said:

I was told allfit is more durable. 
conex one was more easier broken, cuz shaft is tipped and not insert deep enough into hosel. All the strength come to the hosel collar and screw while impact. It should be adapter and hosel together as oem ones, that is stronger. And shaft flex is quite much different with unifit tipped length. 

lesson learned. 

I have heard if you swing X flex, the conex uni-fit may be more at risk of breakage. Not good. I gather you were a conex uni-fit user then like me and knudsen?

9 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

I have heard if you swing X flex, the conex uni-fit may be more at risk of breakage. Not good. I gather you were a conex uni-fit user then like me and knudsen?

Got you. I am totally new on this thread. It is a catchy one. UNIVERSAL !

bought few and keep extra for backup. Gonna bring in more shaft to try. 
Love topgolf, they are like golf techy guy, getting fun to do myself. 
gonna do my hybrid too. 

6 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

I emailed Anthony 3 days ago on his direct email and he didn't reply either. This is so poor showing and frankly, rude. At least the right thing to do is a simple reply, doesn't cost anything but a few key strokes

I think I am now done with Club Conex totally. I am not going to followup with Anthony anymore.

I have enough adapters and sleeves from Top Golf to switch completely. Also, I feel the All-Fit is a more solid system, not perfect but more sold. They also exhibit great customer service even though they are based in China and their English is not the best.

Also a HUGE SHOUT OUT to kjbuckeye for this thread which provides, I think, much valuable and informative information on the All-Fit system.

Thanks for the kind words. Thanks to you as well for the research and effort you’ve put into this thread as well!

• Thanks 1

WITB:

I have confirmed that the older Rbz wrench works as well. Tried on callaway I had but didn’t seem to work. I think the issue in talking with Liam is the length of the torx component of the wrench and the tip diameter. The shorter the length the less the purchase in the screw. They also have wrenches as well that will go up on the site soon. Here is Rbz wrench pic. 

BDF264AA-04BE-401B-8012-8ECA63B08935.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ericft said:

I have confirmed that the older Rbz wrench works as well. Tried on callaway I had but didn’t seem to work. I think the issue in talking with Liam is the length of the torx component of the wrench and the tip diameter. The shorter the length the less the purchase in the screw. They also have wrenches as well that will go up on the site soon. Here is Rbz wrench pic. 

BDF264AA-04BE-401B-8012-8ECA63B08935.jpeg

You may be on to something there. I haven't taken the time to look at them side-by-side, but I'm sure they vary in their length of the Torx bit, which impacts the purchase like you stated. Good observation.

WITB:

On 3/25/2021 at 12:58 PM, SwingBlues said:

Love the thread guys! I'm trying to get the switch over to universal adapters and have left multiple voicemails and emails to Anthony at club conex. I've heard nothing back. 

Is everyone ordering directly from Top Golf via email? I did shoot them an email a few days ago but haven't heard back. In the meantime I did order what appears to be a knockoff of the all fit adapter system off ebay. I would prefer to order direct from Top Golf if possible, but really just want to get going on this as fast as possible.

Appreciate the help and all the research you guys have done.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

Love the thread guys! I'm trying to get the switch over to universal adapters and have left multiple voicemails and emails to Anthony at club conex. I've heard nothing back. 

Is everyone ordering directly from Top Golf via email? I did shoot them an email a few days ago but haven't heard back. In the meantime I did order what appears to be a knockoff of the all fit adapter system off ebay. I would prefer to order direct from Top Golf if possible, but really just want to get going on this as fast as possible.

Appreciate the help and all the research you guys have done.

They have a website now. 

allfitgolf.com

• Thanks 1

WITB: