All-Fit Universal Adaptor Thread

kjbuckeye

On 6/9/2021 at 5:11 AM, ericft said:

I totally agree with the club conex part. It was a blessing in disguise. @swingblues when you say you order from topgolf do you mean the allfit place in China that ships fedex or is there a top golf place in the US you can order from other than billy bobs?

I did not like that I and many of us here in GolfWRX too, as private consumer spent a couple of hundreds to the Club Conex as I wanted to support an American company blah, blah, blah. I really tried to reach out to them to ask "why are you doing this to us?" "what have we done?" and some like @kjbuckeye was ready to send them $$$ for adapter. But oh-no, Club Fit wanted $300 a month for 18 months so that you can "buy a right" to buy their adapters and sleeves. $300 a month does not even include a single rubber washer.

Sorry if this is a repeat to some people here but it's important for others to know what Club Conex did.

Top golf also has a website specifically for the All-Fit. You can order there as well but but you are limited and the prices are a little more than through the sales associates. Shipping is a tad cheaper. However, if you want some specific items such as extra screws, ferrules etc you cannot order through the website

And again, many, many thanks to @kjbuckeye to start this thread for all of us 👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 3

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

1 hour ago, rlb4 said:

Doesn't Billy Bobs sell the All Fit adapter system?

As of the last couple of weeks they have.

• Thanks 1

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*, NS Setting, Accra TZ6 55 M4 @ 45.5"

5 Wood: Maltby KE4 TC, 19*, ProjectX HZRDUS Yellow 60 6.0 @  42"

7 Wood: Maltby KE4 TC Hyway 21*, Aldila RIP beta, 70S, @  42" 

Irons: Maltby TS1 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105S, 7i 37"

Wedges: GW - TBD, SW - Maltby TSW Forged 54.10 bent 56.12, DG S300

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 4 - 33"

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 STD

Arccos accross the board.

Instagram: @buckeyegolf

Has anyone purchased the Hybrid adapter? If so, can you tell me what the insertion depth is (including the ferrule)? Trying to determine if it would cover the unfinished part of a shaft I have.

Also, could anyone tell me the same for the driver adapter (not sure if it would be different). Thanks.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 3:19 PM, RobDMB said:

Has anyone purchased the Hybrid adapter? If so, can you tell me what the insertion depth is (including the ferrule)? Trying to determine if it would cover the unfinished part of a shaft I have.

Also, could anyone tell me the same for the driver adapter (not sure if it would be different). Thanks.

I have - they work great. Both the 0.370 and 0.335 adapters have a 1-3/16" tip insertion depth. Plus the 1/4" ferrule = 1-7/16"

Edited by Golf Pig

Well, I just jumped on board.  Bought a few adapters and collars for drivers, and a couple for hybrids.  I guess we'll see how this flies.  🙂

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

38 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Well, I just jumped on board.  Bought a few adapters and collars for drivers, and a couple for hybrids.  I guess we'll see how this flies.  🙂

You'll be 👍 Infact, you'll love it once you start seeing the real benefits and the UNCHAINING yourself from OEM adapters. As well, these adapters & collars are SOLID, been using it a while now with zero issues.

Only tip is for all the Taylormade SIM head users, keep the same screw. Don't use the extended Ping All-Fit screw, as that screw head seems too large for the head bore and you may end up scratching it as you screw it tight.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

22 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

You'll be 👍 Infact, you'll love it once you start seeing the real benefits and the UNCHAINING yourself from OEM adapters. As well, these adapters & collars are SOLID, been using it a while now with zero issues.

Only tip is for all the Taylormade SIM head users, keep the same screw. Don't use the extended Ping All-Fit screw, as that screw head seems too large for the head bore and you may end up scratching it as you screw it tight.

Thanks for the tip.  🙂

Current plan is to use with my Original One, and maybe a 300 Mini if i pick one up, or with a King LTD, etc.

And whatever else I might decide to play with.  😉

• Like 1

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

On 7/14/2021 at 2:33 PM, NRJyzr said:

And my package just arrived.  

Five days.  From China.  

Color me impressed!

Nice aspect to it...  I just received an RIP Alpha 105 hybrid shaft that I'm going to use in my 3h.  Now I'll be able to also use it with any Cobra hybrid I also might happen to have lying around.  😊

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 9:40 AM, NRJyzr said:

And my package just arrived.  

Five days.  From China.  

Color me impressed!

Nice aspect to it...  I just received an RIP Alpha 105 hybrid shaft that I'm going to use in my 3h.  Now I'll be able to also use it with any Cobra hybrid I also might happen to have lying around.  😊

Yep

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

Edited by NRJyzr

7 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Dumb question for the All Fit crowd...

Took my recent purchase hybrid shaft, which happens to have an unpainted tip.  Attempted a dry fit with one of the hybrid adapters, couldn't actually get it on the shaft.  Ferrule removed, no problem, ferrule alone, no problem, but with the rubber ferrule in the adapter, it's pretty snug. 

Any of y'all run into this?

I didn't have time to play more with it, it was a quick attempt in passing.  Wanted to hear from the Brotherhood, see what others have seen...

I find that graphite shafts sometimes are a tight fit with any adapter, even when the paint is removed. And when I say sanded down, i mean very very slightly. 

48 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Dumb question for the All Fit crowd...

Took my recent purchase hybrid shaft, which happens to have an unpainted tip.  Attempted a dry fit with one of the hybrid adapters, couldn't actually get it on the shaft.  Ferrule removed, no problem, ferrule alone, no problem, but with the rubber ferrule in the adapter, it's pretty snug. 

Any of y'all run into this?

I didn't have time to play more with it, it was a quick attempt in passing.  Wanted to hear from the Brotherhood, see what others have seen...

Is the shaft .370? That may be why it's tight if the ferrule is .335 for the drivers...just asking/thinking

Try dumping the ferrule in a pot of water that has just been boiled. It's rubber so it's fine but it will soften the ferrule somewhat. That's the trick club builders use if the ferrule is a little too tight.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Is the shaft .370? That may be why it's tight if the ferrule is .335 for the drivers...just asking/thinking

Try dumping the ferrule in a pot of water that has just been boiled. It's rubber so it's fine but it will soften the ferrule somewhat. That's the trick club builders use if the ferrule is a little too tight.

The shaft is .370.  I'm assuming the ferrule is also reasonably close to 370, as it fits easily when not plugged in to the adapter.  

Haven't had time to play with it in earnest, just yet.  🙂

36 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

The shaft is .370.  I'm assuming the ferrule is also reasonably close to 370, as it fits easily when not plugged in to the adapter.  

Haven't had time to play with it in earnest, just yet.  🙂

No matter what head or shaft type, I found that the adapter in puts a bit of pressure on that rubber adapter, which makes the fit very tight.  Once I put my epoxy on it was much easier to slip onto the adapter with the rubber ferrule on it.  I am using it on a Titleist 4 wood and 7 wood and a callaway driver.  I have used it on a Ping 410 LST and Ping G400 Max as well.

It has made my life so much easier.

• Like 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

27 minutes ago, ode said:

Do these come with the corresponding screw or are you guys using the original screw from the head?

Mine each have come with a screw.  In my dry-fit drive-by, I used the stock TM screw in my TM hybrid, worked just fine.

I haven't played with adapters for other clubs so far, just the lone hybrid.

Edited by NRJyzr

1 hour ago, ode said:

Do these come with the corresponding screw or are you guys using the original screw from the head?

It comes with a screw, which is a "stock" Taylormade screw. Now some heads like Ping, PXG or Cobra will require a longer screw but when you order that particular collar it should come with the screw.  I say should as I was one of the early adopters so I had to order the longer screws separately but not sure now though.

I assume your order will be small so it may be best to check with Billy Bob's when you order before purchasing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

It comes with a screw, which is a "stock" Taylormade screw. Now some heads like Ping, PXG or Cobra will require a longer screw but when you order that particular collar it should come with the screw.  I say should as I was one of the early adopters so I had to order the longer screws separately but not sure now though.

I assume your order will be small so it may be best to check with Billy Bob's when you order before purchasing

Thx.....yes likely with BB, but I seem to remember they don't offer the Tour Edge collar and the Chinese vendor does.....so I may end up going with the latter as I have a TE EXS 220.  Just thinking off the top of my head, but the screws from the OEMs have to be different as my OEM adapter saver kit has 4-5 different screw options.  I'd be using one shaft for Cobra (LTD), Ping (G), PXG (gen 2), and the EXS 220.....so no TMag screws for me on hand.  Guess it does not matter as I'll get one and if I'm wrapping my head around this, the only difference will be how long the screw is to reach the adaptor.  If I am able to use any of the above I will leave the screw in!

Edit....I won't be using BB as there is no: earlier model Ping collar, TE collar, or PXG collar!

Edited by ode
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Once I put my epoxy on it was much easier to slip onto the adapter with the rubber ferrule on it. 

Exactly how it played out for me.  Thanks <tip cap>

• Thanks 1

I tried to install a shaft with an all-fit adapter into a cobra speedzone 3w. Their website suggests to use the long screw but it’s definitely too long. I used the standard all-fit screw instead. The rubber washer got slightly damaged but it seemed to work. Can anyone confirm this?

I used it in a TM M1 3w using the OEM screw (as their website suggests) as well.

29 minutes ago, Deepy said:

I tried to install a shaft with an all-fit adapter into a cobra speedzone 3w. Their website suggests to use the long screw but it’s definitely too long. I used the standard all-fit screw instead. The rubber washer got slightly damaged but it seemed to work. Can anyone confirm this?

I used it in a TM M1 3w using the OEM screw (as their website suggests) as well.

As I know, the taylormade screw might be better. Cobra FW is having a shorter screw than driver.  Good luck. 😬

This is great. The original intention of this All-Fit thread was driver focus but it's just great to see All-Fit being used in Fairways and Hybrids, be very interested to see how it does in those clubs

👍

Summarizing which screws to use for which (please correct me if i am wrong). "standard stock screw" refers to the latest version of the stock screw that comes with the adapter (believe this is the "ping" length which has become the new standard)

• Callaway - standard stock screw
  • Ping - standard stock screw
  • Titleist - standard stock screw
  • Taylormade - use TM OEM screw that came with the head (it is shorter)
  • Cobra - longer screw

Tagging the experts: @kjbuckeye @SwingBlues @Therty

Edited by dlow206
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1