All-Fit Universal Adaptor Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cc @knudson81   Thanks to @kjbuckeye for this thread.   Here are some of my notes and comments on the All-Fit system. As well, I am coming from the shafts that have Club Conex Uni-

So I reached out to Russ at Fit2Score, long time fitter and user of All-Fit. If you go to YouTube, he's the guy interviewing the Top Golf rep at the PGA show in 2019.   He reckons his recent

See above in RED for the description. Source is the Top Golf January Catalog, spelling mistakes and all  

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ericft said:

I totally agree with the club conex part. It was a blessing in disguise. @swingblues when you say you order from topgolf do you mean the allfit place in China that ships fedex or is there a top golf place in the US you can order from other than billy bobs?

I did not like that I and many of us here in GolfWRX too, as private consumer spent a couple of hundreds to the Club Conex as I wanted to support an American company blah, blah, blah. I really tried to reach out to them to ask "why are you doing this to us?" "what have we done?" and some like @kjbuckeye was ready to send them $$$ for adapter. But oh-no, Club Fit wanted $300 a month for 18 months so that you can "buy a right" to buy their adapters and sleeves. $300 a month does not even include a single rubber washer. They won't sell without you signing that 18 month contract.

Sorry if this is a repeat to some people here but it's important for others to know what Club Conex did.

ericft - Top Golf "China" is not the same company as the Top Golf uppity range here in the US. Totally different, no connections. There are 2 ways to order the All-Fit. Some of us like KJ and I order from their sales associates. Top Golf China is a manufacturer for many golf supplies, not just All-Fit, the prices are the best but you have to order substantial to justify the $30 shipping. For example, this week, I teamed up with another guy here and split the shipping which in our order was $35 because of the size of the order. We both saved substantial compared to what we pay here in the local market. PM me if you want the catalog etc.

Top golf also has a website specifically for the All-Fit. You can order there as well but but you are limited and the prices are a little more than through the sales associates. Shipping is a tad cheaper. However, if you want some specific items such as extra screws, ferrules etc you cannot order through the website

Like I said, PM me if you want to learn to order from TG directly. I do not work for them but I am on their mail list for their catalog. What I like is the catalog, reminds me of the old days....like Christmas shopping with the latest stuff in there such as G425 weights but also golf supplies like every golf weight conceivable, shaft extensions, ferrules of all sorts etc etc etc and OH LOOK AT THE PRICE...😁

And again, many, many thanks to @kjbuckeye to start this thread for all of us 👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 3

Taylormade Sim Max, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Black 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter

Callaway Epic Max LS, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter
Fairway Woods: Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft, Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 4 wood, Vizard Z 60S shaft
Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Irons:      Mizuno JP921 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW KBS TGI 95/100 shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48*, Cleveland FullFace 56* both with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Callaway Chromesoft X LS, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Moe Norman/Graves One Plane swing

1 hour ago, rlb4 said:

Doesn't Billy Bobs sell the All Fit adapter system?

As of the last couple of weeks they have.

• Thanks 1

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*, NS Setting, Accra TZ6 55 M4 @ 45.5"

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 15*, NS Setting, Accra TZ6 65 M4 @ 43"

Hybrid: Callaway Epic Flash 4h 21* @ 20*, N-1 Setting, Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S @ 38.75"

Irons: Srixon ZX5 5,6 irons; ZX7 7-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 S; 36.5" 7 iron length

Wedges: Mizuno T20 50.07, 54.12, 58.08; Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback @ 32.5"; Superstroke Flatso 3.0

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 STD

Has anyone purchased the Hybrid adapter? If so, can you tell me what the insertion depth is (including the ferrule)? Trying to determine if it would cover the unfinished part of a shaft I have.

Also, could anyone tell me the same for the driver adapter (not sure if it would be different). Thanks.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 3:19 PM, RobDMB said:

Has anyone purchased the Hybrid adapter? If so, can you tell me what the insertion depth is (including the ferrule)? Trying to determine if it would cover the unfinished part of a shaft I have.

Also, could anyone tell me the same for the driver adapter (not sure if it would be different). Thanks.

I have - they work great. Both the 0.370 and 0.335 adapters have a 1-3/16" tip insertion depth. Plus the 1/4" ferrule = 1-7/16"

Edited by Golf Pig

Well, I just jumped on board.  Bought a few adapters and collars for drivers, and a couple for hybrids.  I guess we'll see how this flies.  🙂

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: Original One 11.5* (tuned down), Motore Speeder 6.3 TS X -or- Fly-Z+, Matrix 7m3 X, 43.5" 

3w: King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour, BiMatrix Proto Lime X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h or 3h, NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58*; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TaylorMade TP5, Kirkland Signature v3.2

GripMaster Roo or Kidd leather grips

38 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Well, I just jumped on board.  Bought a few adapters and collars for drivers, and a couple for hybrids.  I guess we'll see how this flies.  🙂

You'll be 👍 Infact, you'll love it once you start seeing the real benefits and the UNCHAINING yourself from OEM adapters. As well, these adapters & collars are SOLID, been using it a while now with zero issues.

Only tip is for all the Taylormade SIM head users, keep the same screw. Don't use the extended Ping All-Fit screw, as that screw head seems too large for the head bore and you may end up scratching it as you screw it tight.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

Taylormade Sim Max, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Black 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter

Callaway Epic Max LS, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter
Fairway Woods: Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft, Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 4 wood, Vizard Z 60S shaft

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48*, Cleveland FullFace 56* both with Catalyst 100 shafts

22 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

You'll be 👍 Infact, you'll love it once you start seeing the real benefits and the UNCHAINING yourself from OEM adapters. As well, these adapters & collars are SOLID, been using it a while now with zero issues.

Only tip is for all the Taylormade SIM head users, keep the same screw. Don't use the extended Ping All-Fit screw, as that screw head seems too large for the head bore and you may end up scratching it as you screw it tight.

Thanks for the tip.  🙂

Current plan is to use with my Original One, and maybe a 300 Mini if i pick one up, or with a King LTD, etc.

And whatever else I might decide to play with.  😉

• Like 1

Driver: Original One 11.5* (tuned down), Motore Speeder 6.3 TS X -or- Fly-Z+, Matrix 7m3 X, 43.5" 

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58*; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 34"

On 7/14/2021 at 2:33 PM, NRJyzr said:

And my package just arrived.  

Five days.  From China.  

Color me impressed!

Nice aspect to it...  I just received an RIP Alpha 105 hybrid shaft that I'm going to use in my 3h.  Now I'll be able to also use it with any Cobra hybrid I also might happen to have lying around.  😊

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

And my package just arrived.  

Five days.  From China.  

Color me impressed!

Nice aspect to it...  I just received an RIP Alpha 105 hybrid shaft that I'm going to use in my 3h.  Now I'll be able to also use it with any Cobra hybrid I also might happen to have lying around.  😊

Yeah it quick & you get what you pay for. As well, the packaging of the parts into it's own packet is really nice as well and well labeled. I don't have to repack anything from Top Golf in my supply box. Enjoy the All-Fit and let us know how you go with the hybrids.

• Like 1

Dumb question for the All Fit crowd...

Took my recent purchase hybrid shaft, which happens to have an unpainted tip.  Attempted a dry fit with one of the hybrid adapters, couldn't actually get it on the shaft.  Ferrule removed, no problem, ferrule alone, no problem, but with the rubber ferrule in the adapter, it's pretty snug. 

Any of y'all run into this?

I didn't have time to play more with it, it was a quick attempt in passing.  Wanted to hear from the Brotherhood, see what others have seen...

7 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Took my recent purchase hybrid shaft, which happens to have an unpainted tip.  Attempted a dry fit with one of the hybrid adapters, couldn't actually get it on the shaft.  Ferrule removed, no problem, ferrule alone, no problem, but with the rubber ferrule in the adapter, it's pretty snug. 

I didn't have time to play more with it, it was a quick attempt in passing.  Wanted to hear from the Brotherhood, see what others have seen...

I find that graphite shafts sometimes are a tight fit with any adapter, even when the paint is removed. And when I say sanded down, i mean very very slightly. 

48 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Is the shaft .370? That may be why it's tight if the ferrule is .335 for the drivers...just asking/thinking

Try dumping the ferrule in a pot of water that has just been boiled. It's rubber so it's fine but it will soften the ferrule somewhat. That's the trick club builders use if the ferrule is a little too tight.

25 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Is the shaft .370? That may be why it's tight if the ferrule is .335 for the drivers...just asking/thinking

Try dumping the ferrule in a pot of water that has just been boiled. It's rubber so it's fine but it will soften the ferrule somewhat. That's the trick club builders use if the ferrule is a little too tight.

The shaft is .370.  I'm assuming the ferrule is also reasonably close to 370, as it fits easily when not plugged in to the adapter.  

Haven't had time to play with it in earnest, just yet.  🙂

36 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

The shaft is .370.  I'm assuming the ferrule is also reasonably close to 370, as it fits easily when not plugged in to the adapter.  

Haven't had time to play with it in earnest, just yet.  🙂

No matter what head or shaft type, I found that the adapter in puts a bit of pressure on that rubber adapter, which makes the fit very tight.  Once I put my epoxy on it was much easier to slip onto the adapter with the rubber ferrule on it.  I am using it on a Titleist 4 wood and 7 wood and a callaway driver.  I have used it on a Ping 410 LST and Ping G400 Max as well.

It has made my life so much easier.

• Like 1
  • Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS on Ventus Purple
  • 4 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
  • Util - Srixon ZXU 18* on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX4 4 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 (6-PW) on Recoil 110
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50* mid Zipcore, Callaway MD5 54*, Cleveland Zipcore 60* Mid all on Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66 (Testing Odyssey V Line Tank @ 39" with split hands)
  • Ball - TP5 or Srixon Z Star 
27 minutes ago, ode said:

Do these come with the corresponding screw or are you guys using the original screw from the head?

Mine each have come with a screw.  In my dry-fit drive-by, I used the stock TM screw in my TM hybrid, worked just fine.

I haven't played with adapters for other clubs so far, just the lone hybrid.

Edited by NRJyzr

1 hour ago, ode said:

Do these come with the corresponding screw or are you guys using the original screw from the head?

It comes with a screw, which is a "stock" Taylormade screw. Now some heads like Ping, PXG or Cobra will require a longer screw but when you order that particular collar it should come with the screw.  I say should as I was one of the early adopters so I had to order the longer screws separately but not sure now though.

I assume your order will be small so it may be best to check with Billy Bob's when you order before purchasing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

It comes with a screw, which is a "stock" Taylormade screw. Now some heads like Ping, PXG or Cobra will require a longer screw but when you order that particular collar it should come with the screw.  I say should as I was one of the early adopters so I had to order the longer screws separately but not sure now though.

I assume your order will be small so it may be best to check with Billy Bob's when you order before purchasing

Thx.....yes likely with BB, but I seem to remember they don't offer the Tour Edge collar and the Chinese vendor does.....so I may end up going with the latter as I have a TE EXS 220.  Just thinking off the top of my head, but the screws from the OEMs have to be different as my OEM adapter saver kit has 4-5 different screw options.  I'd be using one shaft for Cobra (LTD), Ping (G), PXG (gen 2), and the EXS 220.....so no TMag screws for me on hand.  Guess it does not matter as I'll get one and if I'm wrapping my head around this, the only difference will be how long the screw is to reach the adaptor.  If I am able to use any of the above I will leave the screw in!

Edit....I won't be using BB as there is no: earlier model Ping collar, TE collar, or PXG collar!

Edited by ode
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Once I put my epoxy on it was much easier to slip onto the adapter with the rubber ferrule on it. 

Exactly how it played out for me.  Thanks <tip cap>

• Thanks 1

I tried to install a shaft with an all-fit adapter into a cobra speedzone 3w. Their website suggests to use the long screw but it’s definitely too long. I used the standard all-fit screw instead. The rubber washer got slightly damaged but it seemed to work. Can anyone confirm this?

I used it in a TM M1 3w using the OEM screw (as their website suggests) as well.

29 minutes ago, Deepy said:

I tried to install a shaft with an all-fit adapter into a cobra speedzone 3w. Their website suggests to use the long screw but it’s definitely too long. I used the standard all-fit screw instead. The rubber washer got slightly damaged but it seemed to work. Can anyone confirm this?

I used it in a TM M1 3w using the OEM screw (as their website suggests) as well.

As I know, the taylormade screw might be better. Cobra FW is having a shorter screw than driver.  Good luck. 😬

This is great. The original intention of this All-Fit thread was driver focus but it's just great to see All-Fit being used in Fairways and Hybrids, be very interested to see how it does in those clubs

👍

Summarizing which screws to use for which (please correct me if i am wrong). "standard stock screw" refers to the latest version of the stock screw that comes with the adapter (believe this is the "ping" length which has become the new standard)

• Callaway - standard stock screw
  • Ping - standard stock screw
  • Titleist - standard stock screw
  • Taylormade - use TM OEM screw that came with the head (it is shorter)
  • Cobra - longer screw

Tagging the experts: @kjbuckeye @SwingBlues @Therty

Edited by dlow206
  • Thanks 1