New LA Golf driver & putter shafts - 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You cant work on a website due to covid? Can’t find a better time to work on it IMO... website was terrible way before the “underconstruction” one. Sorry but LAgolf are not ready. It looks like an exc

no info, no communication, no website for over 1 year... LAgolf shaft dont want customer I guess

Posted Images

no info, no communication, no website for over 1 year... LAgolf shaft dont want customer I guess

• Like 3

Ping G400 LST 9*(DL and HM) W/ Matrix TP7HDe XX
Callaway x2hot Aldila tour green 85TX
Honma TW-U forged 18* W/ KBS Prototype 95X
Miura TC-201/MB101 W/ MMT 125TX
Titleist SM8 50/55/60  W/ X100TI
Axis 1 Rose model
Swing: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg[/url] (Driver FV)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4[/url] (DTL)

2 hours ago, boulAAYYY said:

The website is scheduled to come back in March. I think they’re fairly small administratively and I think Covid has a lot to do with why the site has been down for so long

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP TOUR AXS BLU 70X
Titleist 917F3 16.5º - Grafalloy blue X
Titleist U500 18º HZDRUS Black Smoke RDX 6.5
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 130
Vokey SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

You cant work on a website due to covid? Can’t find a better time to work on it IMO... website was terrible way before the “underconstruction” one. Sorry but LAgolf are not ready. It looks like an exclusive pga tour brand right now. Thats sad because I was a fan of the matrix shaft.

• Like 4

Axis 1 Rose model
Swing: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg[/url] (Driver FV)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4[/url] (DTL)

39 minutes ago, boulAAYYY said:

You cant work on a website due to covid? Can’t find a better time to work on it IMO... website was terrible way before the “underconstruction” one. Sorry but LAgolf are not ready. It looks like an exclusive pga tour brand right now. Thats sad because I was a fan of the matrix shaft.

Hopefully they're going to start building on the HD mandrel again, those were some of the best shafts ever.

Give them time.  They're still working on their product lines so building an elaborate website before they even understand what they're going to be selling is putting the cart in front of the horse.

• Like 1

I don’t work there, I’m just relaying what I heard. But the local fitters here in Calgary have the fitting matrix and I ordered one in 2020 and they filled the order in a couple weeks, so they’re definitely not tour only.

6 hours ago, The Mad Bomber said:

I don’t work there, I’m just relaying what I heard. But the local fitters here in Calgary have the fitting matrix and I ordered one in 2020 and they filled the order in a couple weeks, so they’re definitely not tour only.

For sure not. Lagolf has some options with the new callaway line. They can be had I think their marketing is basically nonexistent and they have some other struggles since Oldenburg left the company. He was their ace..

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

26 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

For sure not. Lagolf has some options with the new callaway line. They can be had I think their marketing is basically nonexistent and they have some other struggles since Oldenburg left the company. He was their ace..

He was, but he was also taking forever to create shafts. Admittedly, LAGP is way too small of an operation that got thrown into the spotlight too early with Bryson’s immediate success and distance gains. I wish they could address these deficiencies because they are missing out on so much opportunity. Happy to see the Trono as an OEM option this year. Hopefully they can get things together over the course of 2021. Their Marketing and their website need major help.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, The Mad Bomber said:

yeah I know they are not tour only but for ''normal'' golfer who are not on WRX there's no way to get any info. they have couple shaft already basic website, basic info. IDK i'm not an expert but I feel like they don't want to sell haha

Axis 1 Rose model

14 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Oldenburg did leave, but Jeff Meyer, who is a friend of his and worked along side him for years is the head designer for LAGP now. He has a resume that’s just as long and impressive, including designing for Aldila and was pretty much THE guy at G.Loomis back in the day when everybody was switching to Loomis. The guy has some serious chops in the shaft world.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

Oldenburg did leave, but Jeff Meyer, who is a friend of his and worked along side him for years is the head designer for LAGP now. He has a resume that’s just as long and impressive, including designing for Aldila and was pretty much THE guy at G.Loomis back in the day when everybody was switching to Loomis. The guy has some serious chops in the shaft world.

Didnt know that.. Now they just need a marketing guy.. I will do it. Just hook me up with some merch and I will social media market the poop out of their shafts.. lol

Edited by QuigleyDU

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

1 minute ago, QuigleyDU said:

Didnt know that.. Now they just need a marketing guy.. I will do it. Just hook me up with some merch and I will social media market the poop out of their shafts.. 

Don’t be cutting my grass son lol!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

Don’t be cutting my grass son lol!

We could team up... 

• Like 2

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

On 3/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, boulAAYYY said:

Yeah me too.  I still have one of their white tie shafts for my 3 hybrid I gave to my brother.  Gamed the TP6HD, Black Tie hybrid shaft, and one of their tour only proto driver shafts which was a slightly tweaked version of the RUL shaft.  I do want to test the Tronos but I'm afraid I'll like it too much. 

• Like 1

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

18 hours ago, TIScape said:

Reminds me of the days when these shafts were called MATRIX Ozik and came in lime green! 😂 

Yes sir.  Don't you feel old now?  I sure do.......

• Like 1

I'm definitely curious to learn more. I am trying the Trono this year and love the tech story, and I would be very curious to know more about this gorgeous red texted shaft with the "16" on it. There is something legit going on with these shafts but wish there was more visibility, good or bad, so we know what's really happening. I had a very positive back and forth when I contacted them directly to discuss specs for the Trono.

2 hours ago, BballMike14 said:

I'm definitely curious to learn more. I am trying the Trono this year and love the tech story, and I would be very curious to know more about this gorgeous red texted shaft with the "16" on it. There is something legit going on with these shafts but wish there was more visibility, good or bad, so we know what's really happening. I had a very positive back and forth when I contacted them directly to discuss specs for the Trono.

The Trono is really unusual in that the mid section is stiffer than the handle. I hit it dead straight, but it went a mile in the air for me. When people hear the story, they tend to think that it's only for extreme speeds, but it's shockingly smooth for how stiff it is.

image.png.2f1310021302bd8e1d73cce11621c4b8.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Yes sir.  Don't you feel old now?  I sure do.......

Jeez! Don't know what this says about me...I'm snagging up all the HD-7s/8s I can find for my FWs...Just haven't found anything I like better at the price.

• Like 1

10.5* TM M4 GD AD DI-6(x)
14* Mizuno ST190 TS Matrix HD-7(s)
18* Mizuno ST190 Matrix HD-8(s)
4-GW Adams CMB Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 125(s)
53*-10 Mizuno S18 DG Tour Concept(s)
58*-4 Mizuno S18 DG Tour Concept(s)
33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport (Murdered out finish by Continental Golf)

34" Odyssey Milled Collection RSX 2 (tour issue)

34" Odyssey O-Works V-Line Fang CH
[url="https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1817542/nollster-s-witb-for-2020-a-little-newish-and-a-lotta-old"]WITB Link[/url]

12 hours ago, BballMike14 said:

Looks like a tour only proto shaft.  Probably specifically tailored to the some of the guys on tour.  If I had to guess it's either a completely new shaft separate from their other lines or it's a slightly modified version of an existing shaft perhaps even the Tronos. 

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

Looks like a tour only proto shaft.  Probably specifically tailored to the some of the guys on tour.  If I had to guess it's either a completely new shaft separate from their other lines or it's a slightly modified version of an existing shaft perhaps even the Tronos. 

You’re talking about the same shaft. The Trono has the red “16” decal on it, indicating that it’s made on the 16 sided mandrel which was a feature of some of the Matrix shafts. They’re not a tour only shaft, you can buy them through a fitter. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, The Mad Bomber said:

You’re talking about the same shaft. The Trono has the red “16” decal on it, indicating that it’s made on the 16 sided mandrel which was a feature of some of the Matrix shafts. They’re not a tour only shaft, you can buy them through a fitter. 👍🏻

Yeah you're right.  I must've had a brain fart.  I hadn't had my coffee yet haha. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Mad Bomber said:

The Trono has a white 16 - this could just be a new color, but also could be a new take on the Trono (my understanding is the Black Tie also came off that mandrel). Inquiring minds want to know!

20210305_183111.jpg

Edited by BballMike14
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, BballMike14 said:

The Trono has a white 16 - this could just be a new color, but also could be a new take on the Trono (my understanding is the Black Tie also came off that mandrel). Inquiring minds want to know!

20210305_183111.jpg

Good catch!

Bryson getting it close to the green on 6 with the new shaft!

• Like 1