How long would you wait to file a BST paypal dispute, Payment sent 2/23

Hi,

I recently made a purchase on the BST with a member here with paypal, 

and sent the money over on Feb.23, 

the seller told me he was busy caught up with work,

and did not reply to the message as often.

However, he did get on the site 2~3 times per day, 

and seems like he chose not to read and reply to my message.

I have dm him couple times but he only reply every like 3 days,

and his last reply was on 2/27,

but by tracking his "last visit" record. he has been on the site at least 5 times since then, 

Do you guys think it is a good time to consider the guy sketchy and file the dispute?

update till 3/2 he has not read message/provide tracking so far.

update 3/4

I want to thank all of you for providing excellent comments and suggestion, 

I have finally connected to the seller, he will ship the item by tomorrow noon, 

he has also sincerely apologized for his delay,

so Imma give him one more chance, 

If I still not get the tracking by the time, 

I will invite him to the thread and file dispute. 

Thank you guys sincerely

Edited by krythus019
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This basic assistance to help the rest of us avoid bad deals seems to have been thrown by the wayside lately. A guy was sent an absolutely butchered Autoflex shaft that was in no way an error of some

Can't ship...don't sell.

There should be a rule that if you are frustrated to the point of starting a post about another member you MUST Tag and invite them to the post and hash it out in front of the community. The selling i

Posted Images

1 hour ago, icecat88 said:

Has he shipped and provided tracking? If not think a week is long enough I’d open a claim and invite him to this thread 

No sir he mentioned in the last message on 2/27 that he would ship the item out on 2/28 and provide tracking, but no update so far.

Thank you but how do I open a claim and invite him in a appropriate way? do I just tag or @ him in the comment? 

Start your PP claim now and tag him in this thread.

• Thanks 1

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

48 hours (or 2 business days) is what I would consider the acceptable turnaround time for shipping an item after it was purchased. There is some leeway on that depending on how generous you want to be, but in my eyes if you can't ship an item within a few days of it being purchased you have no business being a seller in the first place. 

In your case it's been well over a week. If the seller has enough time to log onto a golf forum website multiple times a day they have enough time to ship the item. Clearly he/she just doesn't care. I would have filled a claim days ago....

• Like 2
7 hours ago, krythus019 said:

No sir he mentioned in the last message on 2/27 that he would ship the item out on 2/28 and provide tracking, but no update so far.

Thank you but how do I open a claim and invite him in a appropriate way? do I just tag or @ him in the comment? 

For what it's worth this part is a bit suspect as well. I don't know of too many major shipping companies (USPS, UPS, etc.) that are open and accept packages on Sundays.... 

Edited by Abh159
  • Like 1

Really? If you didn't have something identifying what was done with confirmation on the 28th (lol) or March 1 a.m. you should have already filed your PayPal dispute.  What were you gaining by waiting with the information presented? I wouldn't have waited past the 25th if he was ignoring you and "busy at work", next his cat is going into labor.

Complete nonsense.  File a claim immediately and post the username.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6

2 hours ago, Bad9 said:

This basic assistance to help the rest of us avoid bad deals seems to have been thrown by the wayside lately. A guy was sent an absolutely butchered Autoflex shaft that was in no way an error of some kind, the seller obviously screwed him over. He made a DND post about it and never did post the sellers forum name and has locked the thread. Thanks a lot guy. Another guy got sent the wrong item and then got the cold shoulder for a few days from the seller until he opened a DND. He got refunded but should still name the seller.

Its a 2 way street - you get advice from people who may have more experience in the BST than you or are not emotionally attached to the deal, and in return they get a warning for how a particular BSTer behaves.....

Also - OP - it looks like you post a lot in the wanted to buy - if this deal originated that way vs you reaching out to a posted add.....well there are warning threads on WTB adds.....

Edited by J Bez

Two or three business days to provide tracking is about what I give unless there's mitigating circumstances. With no tracking info and him pretty much ghosting you , I'd file a claim ASAP.  It's pure shenanigan's what some people do through the WTB.  It's an instant way for some to get needed money,  that us as buyers have to be very leery of. I would just SPELL their name out here and he can be tagged and invited. There's no place for this garbage and sounds like grounds for the bum to be banned. 

13 hours ago, Bad9 said:

Start your PP claim now and tag him in this thread.

13 hours ago, RH82 said:

Unacceptable. Would love to know his name so I can update my list.

12 hours ago, kdog25 said:

Tag the seller and invite him to this thread

2 hours ago, golffeen007 said:

Two or three business days to provide tracking is about what I give unless there's mitigating circumstances. With no tracking info and him pretty much ghosting you , I'd file a claim ASAP.  It's pure shenanigan's what some people do through the WTB.  It's an instant way for some to get needed money,  that us as buyers have to be very leery of. I would just SPELL their name out here and he can be tagged and invited. There's no place for this garbage and sounds like grounds for the bum to be banned. 

2 hours ago, BYK said:

Agree with all the others about identifying the other party

Purpose would be to get both sides of the story, whatever that story is.

8 hours ago, J13 said:

Complete nonsense.  File a claim immediately and post the username.

10 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

2-3 days maximum to ship. Sounds like a scammer. Hope you start the paypal dispute ASAP.

10 hours ago, SubaruWRX said:

I hope you didn’t send paypal via friends & family... 😳

11 hours ago, Abh159 said:

48 hours (or 2 business days) is what I would consider the acceptable turnaround time for shipping an item after it was purchased. There is some leeway on that depending on how generous you want to be, but in my eyes if you can't ship an item within a few days of it being purchased you have no business being a seller in the first place. 

In your case it's been well over a week. If the seller has enough time to log onto a golf forum website multiple times a day they have enough time to ship the item. Clearly he/she just doesn't care. I would have filled a claim days ago....

Thank you guys for all the comments and suggestions, 

view the updated thread, 

will keep you guys updated, thanks

5 hours ago, J Bez said:

Its a 2 way street - you get advice from people who may have more experience in the BST than you or are not emotionally attached to the deal, and in return they get a warning for how a particular BSTer behaves.....

Also - OP - it looks like you post a lot in the wanted to buy - if this deal originated that way vs you reaching out to a posted add.....well there are warning threads on WTB adds.....

Thanks man, 

yeah I was constantly looking for some items on the site for some of the tour pros in Asia,  

but actually this transaction was done to a posted thread by the seller on the BST, 

so I intuitively believe he has great intention and motivation to move the items.

but still thank you for the comment

18 hours ago, krythus019 said:

Hi,

I recently made a purchase on the BST with a member here with paypal, 

and sent the money over on Feb.23, 

the seller told me he was busy caught up with work,

and did not reply to the message as often.

However, he did get on the site 2~3 times per day, 

and seems like he chose not to read and reply to my message.

I have dm him couple times but he only reply every like 3 days,

and his last reply was on 2/27,

but by tracking his "last visit" record. he has been on the site at least 5 times since then, 

Do you guys think it is a good time to consider the guy sketchy and file the dispute?

update till 3/2 he has not read message/provide tracking so far.

update 3/4

I want to thank all of you for providing excellent comments and suggestion, 

I have finally connected to the seller, he will ship the item by tomorrow noon, 

he has also sincerely apologized for his delay,

so Imma give him one more chance, 

If I still not get the tracking by the time, 

I will invite him to the thread and file dispute. 

Thank you guys sincerely

Hes still yanking your chain, and even if he isn't, you should still post his name.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Tzoid said:

There should be a rule that if you are frustrated to the point of starting a post about another member you MUST Tag and invite them to the post and hash it out in front of the community. The selling in this case in my opinion is someone I would not wat to do business with.  If the OP wants help , as he apparently did why isn't he reciprocating to the community by providing the sellers name ? 

Maybe the next thread like this we all ignore unless the OP provides the sellers name 1st.   

And inevitably we get the other party coming on here with some version of, “I don’t know why we couldn’t work this out privately before this all blew up...” which is usually a dead giveaway. I take that to mean, “I don’t know why you couldn’t not give them my name because I fully intend to do some shady stuff again.” 

Thank you guys, 

And just so you know I did not receive tracking number from the seller by noon so I’m now inviting the seller @oakmont2203 to the thread.

I hope everything turns out alright...

was really looking forward to the items that I bought from you sir.

i sincerely think you just need sometimes to deal with some personnel issues, but I feel like you are giving promises that you can’t keep. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, krythus019 said:

Thank you guys, 

And just so you know I did not receive tracking number from the seller by noon so I’m now inviting the seller @oakmont2203 to the thread.

I hope everything turns out alright...

was really looking forward to the items that I bought from you sir.

i sincerely think you just need sometimes to deal with some personnel issues, but I feel like you are giving promises that you can’t keep. 

I see you're pretty new and the seller has ZERO feedback , ZERO Posts and also just joined November 2020.  I hope this works out and you paid with Goods and Services.  

I have a dispute with a scammer on eBay and it's a pain in the arse to get a refund.  

Edited by Tzoid

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

Srixon ZX7 5-AW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Mizuno T20  54 , 58  N.S. Pro Wedge 115 

Ping G425 Max Driver Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping Anser 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
EVNROLL ER2 Mid Blade Black with Gravity Grip
Titleist Pro V-1X

2015 OnOff Kuro Ions 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S 

if/when you get a product please leave feedback for that seller..... an honest one so that other wrxers can see

Ping G400 Max 9* Aldila Rip-X 65TX
Callaway XR Pro 14* Graphite Design PM902X
Taylormade M3 17* Rescue Fujikura 869 Speeder Tour Spec X
Cobra Fly Z + Forged 4-PW Ping AMT 2.0 X Flex (LOL)
Wilson PMP 52,56,60
Directed Force 2.1
#vietnameeh