GEA Roll Call

JFM628

On 3/3/2021 at 3:57 PM, OsnolaKinnard said:

Golfer formerly known as Sir Hacksalot.

I loved the Club Champ bit.  His irons were forged by Miura-San with steel mined from a secret Japanese Mountain.

I remember you from the 4gea. I was on there for a long time. We corresponded a few times about working out and cigars. 

I went by statechamp

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 9:10 AM, JFM628 said:

I spent a lot of time on the old GEA website and was wondering if we have a lot of holdovers from that website here.  I tried to check out GEA a few times and I think it may still exist in some form but could not get access.  Was a great site and was wondering if there are a lot of GEA old timers here.

I think I was in there for 10 years? One day I’d had enough of the negative vibes there. 

18 hours ago, Colej said:

I remember you from the 4gea. I was on there for a long time. We corresponded a few times about working out and cigars. 

I went by statechamp

Good to hear from you man.  Hope you're doing well.  Come by the new GEA, you'll see some familiar faces.

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2021 at 8:00 PM, Str8Putt said:

I used to be on 4GEA...

Could it be true?  A Dwyane sighting?

😁

• Haha 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Didn't see this thread.  Guess I'm something of a threadomancer.  

Found golf forums just as I started playing golf.  Lurked at GolfOnline's EF (equipment forum) as it spiraled the drain.  Found GEA, lurked, finally joined...  learned quite a bit.

Same ID here as at GEA.  Was one of the Usual Suspects in the GEA chat, until I became too busy.  Participated in a couple of the Columbus outings, Haxie's Haxapalooza in Iowegia, a couple Cinci outings put together by Teampowers, etc.  

When I see the posts here from people ripping on distance, I get a laugh remembering being called a liar by Evan for saying I averaged 250 off the tee.  Funny.  LOL

Still keep in contact with some of the folks from that place, in varying degrees...

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 2

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

2 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I get a laugh remembering being called a liar by Evan for saying I averaged 250 off the tee.  Funny.

Evan, LOL.  There was a character.  Attorney by trade, unabashedly liberal.  Tales of his exploits at a nearby adult entertainment facility were the talk of the Ravines outing.

39 minutes ago, games said:

Evan, LOL.  There was a character.  Attorney by trade, unabashedly liberal.  Tales of his exploits at a nearby adult entertainment facility were the talk of the Ravines outing.

Seem to remember such visits were also a not insignificant part of the Myrtle Beach trips.  A few of the guys seemed a little obsessive   🤔

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Str8Putt said:

Still got the Big Fro on the melon...remember that? HAHA

How's it been going man?

Oh yeah, I loved that avatar.  Dwyane's gigantor melon!

Stuff is mostly good. Getting older, grandparent now, still playing the golf.

How's stuff with you?  Still have the MP14s, or did they wear out?  🙂

11 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Oh yeah, I loved that avatar.  Dwyane's gigantor melon!

Stuff is mostly good. Getting older, grandparent now, still playing the golf.

How's stuff with you?  Still have the MP14s, or did they wear out?  🙂

Still have the 14's well actually my son has them now as of last year lol. 

I'm playing some Wilsons at the moment. Was going to buy some MP20's but seeing how new ones are due later this year I plan to get those or maybe the 20's if they go down in price a little haha.

Picked up a TM Spider since they went down to $200 about a month ago, putting has improved with it. 

I want the new one in white sooooo maybe if it goes down in price next year I'll pick it up and give my son or brother the Spider Tour I have.

I probably played more golf last year than I've played in years so I guess COVID helped that, plus more course wasn't as crowded as a lot of the guys who post here have complained about but I did play more during the week or late Sundays so maybe I missed the crowds. 

Got a scramble coming up, those are always fun. Just found out there's a golf league at the course I play. 

I think I may start playing in it later this summer.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 9:28 AM, Str8Putt said:

Still have the 14's well actually my son has them now as of last year lol. 

I'm playing some Wilsons at the moment. Was going to buy some MP20's but seeing how new ones are due later this year I plan to get those or maybe the 20's if they go down in price a little haha.

Picked up a TM Spider since they went down to $200 about a month ago, putting has improved with it. 

I want the new one in white sooooo maybe if it goes down in price next year I'll pick it up and give my son or brother the Spider Tour I have.

I probably played more golf last year than I've played in years so I guess COVID helped that, plus more course wasn't as crowded as a lot of the guys who post here have complained about but I did play more during the week or late Sundays so maybe I missed the crowds. 

Got a scramble coming up, those are always fun. Just found out there's a golf league at the course I play. 

I think I may start playing in it later this summer.

I would think you could do well going back to the MP-4s, if you're going to move off the Wilsons.  Well, in normal times, they'd be cheaper but maybe not so much in the current golf equipment market.  Demand is so high right now.

I joined the Men's Club at the course I play.  Saturday events, gives me a more certain chance to get out.  Already have won $136 in skins in the first month, that doesn't hurt.  LOL

We used to have a place near one of the 47,000 lakes in MN, but sold it last year.  Wife's career change made it hard to get there.  Weekends up there were cutting in to my golf time, so last year, I was able to play more often.  Getting closer to to retirement, also, and with wife doing early retirement this year, its getting more attractive.  Even more time to play golf?  🙂

Man, I feel old....

Edited by NRJyzr

On 5/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, NRJyzr said:

I would think you could do well going back to the MP-4s, if you're going to move off the Wilsons.  Well, in normal times, they'd be cheaper but maybe not so much in the current golf equipment market.  Demand is so high right now.

I joined the Men's Club at the course I play.  Saturday events, gives me a more certain chance to get out.  Already have won $136 in skins in the first month, that doesn't hurt.  LOL

We used to have a place near one of the 47,000 lakes in MN, but sold it last year.  Wife's career change made it hard to get there.  Weekends up there were cutting in to my golf time, so last year, I was able to play more often.  Getting closer to to retirement, also, and with wife doing early retirement this year, its getting more attractive.  Even more time to play golf?  🙂

Man, I feel old....

Don't start that old man but wow it's been a long time. See you're still hustling those guys out of their hard earn money HAHA 

I've never played in a golf league. Years ago there was talk of different companies having teams to play against each other weekly but it never materialized. The country club may have one but man I can't afford the country club hahah. I may play in the local league at the muni I was told about. Need work some kinks out of the game. There's also a weekly 4 man scramble that teams are hat drawn that I've been told I should go play in. So that's an option but honestly I may put all that on hold until next year. My son has finally shown a real interest and playing since covid and he's enjoying it so I'm probably going to spend time playing with him and helping him with his game. He only started playing last summer(he went to the range and course as a kid with me a few times but never really showed a ton of interest but has the bug now and he's pretty good, he already got over making the 1st par, birdie hump.

I think I'm going to let my son keep the 14's. I mean play the best to be the best right🙂

Figure if I can get in on the order for some MP22's on Day 1-3 maybe I'll at least get them by Christmas so I can stare at them as I don't play in cold weather any more haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I miss the old GEA crew,  spent THOUSANDS of hours on the chat over the years.  Made some great connections,  life happened and didn’t spend as much time on there but I have made a handful of local connections that I have been friends with for nearly 20 years.  The perk of FB is to keep in touch with those in other areas,  still great to connect with them and see how much we have aged!!!

StevieDeuce is the one who gave me the “OC” nickname and it stuck all these years later.

• Like 2

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2023 at 10:22 AM, OrangeCrush said:

I miss the old GEA crew,  spent THOUSANDS of hours on the chat over the years.  Made some great connections,  life happened and didn’t spend as much time on there but I have made a handful of local connections that I have been friends with for nearly 20 years.  The perk of FB is to keep in touch with those in other areas,  still great to connect with them and see how much we have aged!!!

StevieDeuce is the one who gave me the “OC” nickname and it stuck all these years later.

Those days were a lot of fun.  Made a lot of friends from the chat days.  Brother Bill just had a birthday, looks to be still tooling around on his bike.  🙂

Commenting on something mentioned in this thread a couple years ago....   for many, GEA was a community, but in the early days, it was all about the equipment.  The community aspect came later.  The WRX Effect we sometimes see, with item popularity spiking crazily due to a viral status here on the forums, was something that existed in GEA in the first few years of the forum. 

There were a number of things that became scarce for a time, after a good review on GEA.

Good lord, typing this makes me feel old.   LOL

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2021 at 9:10 AM, JFM628 said:

I spent a lot of time on the old GEA website and was wondering if we have a lot of holdovers from that website here.  I tried to check out GEA a few times and I think it may still exist in some form but could not get access.  Was a great site and was wondering if there are a lot of GEA old timers here.

I was there and remember Cliff, Larry Mowry, Anser, and several others.

• Like 2

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft