Titleist T100's or Ping i210's?

Currently have a set of T100's in the bag 4-G w/PX LZ 5.5 shafts but I have a chance to get a demo set of Ping i210's that have only been hit indoors a few times, so basically new at a great price.

I have always like the i210's but have never pulled the trigger in the past on them.  I'm a true ho as I just put the T100's in the bag even though I have never played with them.  Bought them based off or performance of the 718AP2s that I had previously.  The set of i210's I can get have DGS120s in them.

For those who have played both or have experience with both please feel free to chime in with your thoughts on the two sets and which one you choose and why.  I know that Ping may be coming out with a newer version of the i210's but I am fine with the i210's as it is a great deal.

Taylormade SIM Max 9.0 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60

Titleist TS3 15 w/PX Evenflow Blue 75

Titleist 818 H2 19 w/Evenflow Blue 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW Pro Modus 120

Titleist Vokey SM8  50-54-58 

Odyssey Protype iX #1 34"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is my fear with the 120s.  I hit the ball plenty high but the PX LZ shafts get up to peak quickly but flatten out and just keep carrying.  My experience with lighter weight DG like the old DGSL a

I’ve owned both. T100 are as close to a blade as you can get without playing a blade imo. I210 are bigger, more bounce, more offset etc. Comparing the t100 to i210 is almost like comparing t100 to t20

Turf interaction is superior on the t100 , unless you live in a rainforest , and then you may prefer the i210 to float the sole through the mud.     i210 has obviously larger clubhead and more

5 minutes ago, Reds said:

I have no experience with with the irons but Im currently gaming DG 120s in my MP20 MMCs. Ive always gamed the regular S300s but the 120s have been awesome. The lighter weight has been nice and Ive picked up a little height also which I needed. 

That is my fear with the 120s.  I hit the ball plenty high but the PX LZ shafts get up to peak quickly but flatten out and just keep carrying.  My experience with lighter weight DG like the old DGSL and the AMTs is that they go high and spin a ton causing loss of distance for me and are no good in the wind.  I was hoping that the 120s would be different, more like the standard DG.

• Like 1

I’ve owned both. T100 are as close to a blade as you can get without playing a blade imo. I210 are bigger, more bounce, more offset etc. Comparing the t100 to i210 is almost like comparing t100 to t200. 

• Like 1

Some flavor of the month driver... M5 or SIM or Mavrik for now...
Some driving iron for Links courses... p790 UDI currently
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise some t100s or some p760 or Apex loft jacked bombers
A Vokey wedge or 2 or 3
I love/hate every one of my 17 putters

26 minutes ago, magnus7319 said:

I’ve owned both. T100 are as close to a blade as you can get without playing a blade imo. I210 are bigger, more bounce, more offset etc. Comparing the t100 to i210 is almost like comparing t100 to t200. 

Are the T100 as forgiving as the previous versions of the AP2, even though they are as close to a blade as you can get from your description?

56 minutes ago, Whit1969 said:

Are the T100 as forgiving as the previous versions of the AP2, even though they are as close to a blade as you can get from your description?

I didn’t think so. 714 were the most forgiving imo. It’s gone down in forgiveness since then as the soles have gotten more narrow. I don’t think I’d use t100 and forgiving in the same sentence. Toss a few in the rough and hit them. You’ll need plenty of speed and centered contact. 

Some flavor of the month driver... M5 or SIM or Mavrik for now...
Some driving iron for Links courses... p790 UDI currently
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise some t100s or some p760 or Apex loft jacked bombers
A Vokey wedge or 2 or 3
I love/hate every one of my 17 putters

Got to try the T100s out against my I210s during a fitting in the Fall and still have the I210s.  They just do what I want them to do and felt (for me anyway) that they offered more forgiveness off the toe for when I try to get a bit too aggressive and make more of an OTT swing and pull it.

Titleist TSi3 10* Hzrdus Black RDX 60 6.5

Titleist TS2 16.5* Fuji Pro 2.0 7X

Titleist TS3 19* Tensei Raw AV Blue X

Ping I500 4i, I210 5-UW TI S400

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54M/58L TI S400

Odyssey Strokelab 2-Ball 33"

I'd agree with the comment that the T100 are close to blades. I love the look of the T100's and I love the look of blades too, I just don't play them. The T100 and i210 are almost apples to oranges in design respects (sole, bounce, offset etc). Comes down to preference on look, feel and how much forgiveness you need. Both are awesome in the right hands.

Turf interaction is superior on the t100 , unless you live in a rainforest , and then you may prefer the i210 to float the sole through the mud.  

i210 has obviously larger clubhead and more offset throughout , especially long irons.  So that is dependent on your personal taste.  

I think both a great irons but I don’t think they are really in the same category.  A proper comparison would be the i210 vs the t200.  In my opinion 

• Like 1

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw   modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

13 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Turf interaction is superior on the t100 , unless you live in a rainforest , and then you may prefer the i210 to float the sole through the mud.  

i210 has obviously larger clubhead and more offset throughout , especially long irons.  So that is dependent on your personal taste.  

I think both a great irons but I don’t think they are really in the same category.  A proper comparison would be the i210 vs the t200.  In my opinion 

How are they not the same category? How many tour pros are using the i210? If it's good enough for them then it is more than good enough for the average Golfer. 

6 minutes ago, Whited107x said:

How are they not the same category? How many tour pros are using the i210? If it's good enough for them then it is more than good enough for the average Golfer. 

See the description above.  They are different in every way.  And I’m no ping hater. I had a near all ping bag for last two years.  

these two irons are not same same. 

• Like 1

A closer ping comparison would be iblade or blueprint.  If you could mash those two together you’d have t100.  

• Like 1

For two irons that are in the same basic category they are about as  different as can be.  Thin versus fat sole (relative to the category), minimal versus decent amount of offset, smaller versus larger head.  People talk about the t100’s being forgiving, but that is not what I found (never did more than demo then so certainly not super familiar with them), while the i210’s felt very forgiving.

I would take a hard look at what sort of player you are and which club will benefit you the most.  Mostly I think that the irons are so close nowadays that you could flip a coin to decide between two sets and not go wrong, but these are different enough there is a probably a right answer as to what is better for your game.

I 210 are 2-3* weaker in loft vs. T200 and have a much more compact head shape in the scoring irons. That being said, T100 is considerably smaller. T100 is smaller than the iblade or s55. The reason I love the i210s are that they are inherently designed so that you don’t need a combo set. Bladeish in the 9-p and help in the 3-6i in the form of longer blade length, more offset and lower CG. 

Edited by Indygolfer85

Ping G425 LST 9*
TEE EXS 220 15*
Ping G425 20.5*
Ping i210 4-PW, UW
Vokey SM8 54*/58*
TM Spider X
'21 Z Star XV

9 minutes ago, Indygolfer85 said:

I 210 are 2-3* weaker in loft vs. T200 and have a much more compact head shape in the scoring irons. That being said, T100 is considerably smaller. T100 is smaller than the iblade or s55. The reason I love the i210s are that they are inherently designed so that you don’t need a combo set. Bladeish in the 9-p and help in the 3-6i in the form of longer blade length, more offset and lower CG. 

Loft being dependent on if it’s power spec or not right ?  

yes the t100 is smaller. That’s why it’s not really a comparison that’s fair.  It’s two different deals really.  

id be careful in the cog part.   It’s a myth that a lot of these irons have a lower one. I think i210 is .913 ish , not exactly a low V-cog.  (See maltby link ). https://www.golfworks.com/images/art/MPF_PING.pdf

By comparison the t100 v-cog is much lower.  See link https://www.golfworks.com/images/art/MPF_TITLEIST.pdf

this is a great point on the forgiveness scale.  Some will find the lower Vcog of the t100 to be forgiving.  And some will find the higher Vcog of the i210 to help if they hit it heavy and high on the face.  Really an apples to oranges iron comparison.  

During a search this past off season, I demoed both sets extensively on multiple occasions.

In terms of classic forgiveness, the launch monitor said they are basically the same.  The i210 will FEEL more forgiving because of the larger head and very soft feel.  Conversely, the T100 are almost Mizuno like in starting to feel rather sharp with anything more than a small miss.  In the end, your misses will cost you the same with either iron but the i210 will allow you to feel better about yourself...  Unfortunately, the cost of this overly soft feel is a relative loss of feedback.

The soles are different but the i210 plays thinner than it appears and I’ve found Titleist use of bounce and camber allows for a thin sole to be quite playable under all conditions.

The only true performance difference I saw was that the i210 mid irons launched a little higher and spun a little less.

Edited by Aviador Naval

917D2 9.5 w/S+

2 x TS2 @ 16.5 and 21

2 x 818 H1 @ 22 and 26 w/AD-DI 95

ZX5 6i and ZX7 7i-PW - Modus 105

SM7 50-12, Vokey Forged 56-12K, SM6 58-12K @ 59

Ping MnBn MyDay

I've had the i210's for a while now. Low single digit hcp. I agree it's a bigger package and occasionally I go through this jekyl and hyde sequence where I think 'Hey I'll play better if I pull my Mizuno's back out because the offset on that 4 and 5 iron are really starting to bug me..."  OR "I didn't hit the ball real solid today with the Mizuno's, I should go back to the i210's..."

The i210's for me just flat out perform, even when I'm not playing my best. I went 4-U then a 56 and 60 glide 3.0. The i210 wedge and UW blend in really nicely. I think the UW is my favorite in the set. The turf interaction is really nice and they have nailed it with feel. With so many PGA tour and LPGA tour players using the i210's, it's almost like the holy grail in that category.

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST - Driver
Ping G400 - 3 Wood
Ping G400 - 3 Crossover
Ping i210 Irons (4-UW)
Ping Glide 3.0 Wedges - (56/60)
Scotty Cameron Golo 5 (2014)

6 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Loft being dependent on if it’s power spec or not right ?  

yes the t100 is smaller. That’s why it’s not really a comparison that’s fair.  It’s two different deals really.  

id be careful in the cog part.   It’s a myth that a lot of these irons have a lower one. I think i210 is .913 ish , not exactly a low V-cog.  (See maltby link ). https://www.golfworks.com/images/art/MPF_PING.pdf

Good point about power spec. If you power spec the i210 you’re equal to T200. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G425 LST 9*
TEE EXS 220 15*
Ping G425 20.5*
Ping i210 4-PW, UW
Vokey SM8 54*/58*
TM Spider X
'21 Z Star XV

13 hours ago, Indygolfer85 said:

Good point about power spec. If you power spec the i210 you’re equal to T200. 

Funny part about T200 lofts is I don't think it's all about max distance either.....my feeling is they've designed a head to launch fairly high but needed reduced lofts to keep spin under control......owning T200 4-gw for a few months I've seen minimal gains with distances but have gained accuracy and consistency in a very attractive package 😉

• Like 1