Following

• Taylormade Qi10 LS at 10.5° - Ventus TR Blue
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (3) 15° - Project X Denali Blue 70
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (7) 20° -  Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
  • Ping G Crossover 4 - Mitsubishi MMT
  • Srixon ZX5 MKII Black Chrome 5-W, A
  • Titleist SM10 55°F , 60°M
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Z

Did the titleist pinehurst 2 weeks ago and used the $200 promotion on a tsi2/3 hybrid fitting.

I currently use a 17° 816h1 hybrid.

The performance of the tsi2 and tsi3 were very similar - distance, height, descent angle seemed very close. The fitter was talking about how the tsi3 does a better job with height/spin than the ts3, but that may be a salesperson talking.

I ended up going with the 18 tsi3. My miss is off the toe and being able to move the weight to the toe seems like it helped.

Is it better than the 816... Who knows. The 816 has been very dependable for me, so the tsi3 might end up on the bst here soon.

I am still waiting for it to be shipped to me.

Not sure about their rationale for changing the loft of "2" line. If tsi2 gears toward more average golfers, those golfers now tend to use strong lofted irons. So for t200 iron players, both 5 iron and 4 hybrid are 24... even with the surefit hosel, the loft difference would be only 1 at best... I know 4 hybrid would go longer then same lofted 5 iron due to the shaft length, but I am still baffled. One may go with tsi1 but that's a different story as it is for golfers who want ultralight clubs...  

Edited by sociojeje

1 hour ago, sociojeje said:

Not sure about their rationale for changing the loft of "2" line. If tsi2 gears toward more average golfers, those golfers now tend to use strong lofted irons. So for t200 iron players, both 5 iron and 4 hybrid are 24... even with the surefit hosel, the loft difference would be only 1 at best... I know 4 hybrid would go longer then same lofted 5 iron due to the shaft length, but I am still baffled. One may go with tsi1 but that's a different story as it is for golfers who want ultralight clubs...  

Not sure I understand the concern ... with the SureFit hosel, the TSi2 range can accommodate any loft from 17° to 26°. 

Half the clubs, twice the fun!

4 minutes ago, Tommy56 said:

Not sure I understand the concern ... with the SureFit hosel, the TSi2 range can accommodate any loft from 17° to 26°. 

Suppose you have 20 and 22 set-up, which I do by lowering one loft from 21 and 23 (d1; 818 and ts2). For tsi3, you need to have two 21 hybrids with different lengths. Or, may be i have had terribly wrong information about the surefit hosel. 

3 hours ago, sociojeje said:

Suppose you have 20 and 22 set-up, which I do by lowering one loft from 21 and 23 (d1; 818 and ts2). For tsi3, you need to have two 21 hybrids with different lengths. Or, may be i have had terribly wrong information about the surefit hosel. 

Surefit in the hybrids allows you to decrease loft by 1º from standard or increase loft by 1º or 2º from standard.  

You have options - for the TSi2, you can bump an 18º up to 20 and a 21º to 22 (shaft lengths would be 1/2" different).  Or, you could start with two 21º; lower one to 20 and raise the other to 22 (shaft lengths would be the same). 

The TSi3 model only comes in 18º or 20º, so you could bump each by 2º if you want different shaft lengths, or start with two 20º if you want the same shaft length.

Edited by Tommy56
typo

Half the clubs, twice the fun!

They're really good. TSi2 is really big to my eye, bigger than the G425 hybrid even, super forgiving though. TSi3 looks the same as the TS3 to me, maybe even sits a little open? I was initially sold on the TSi3 but ended up getting the Apex Pro, but really could've easily gamed both.

D - TSR3 | Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W - Stealth+ | Ventus Blue 7X

5W - TSR2 | AD DI 8X

4H - TSR2 | AD DI 9X

5-PW - MP-223 | PX LZ 6.5

50/55/60 - MG4 | DG TI S400

P - Studio Stainless NP2 350g

B - ProV1x

B - Linksmaster

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks - been following this thread and have a quick question....has anyone changed up from TS2 Hybrid to TSi 2?

I have a TS2 23deg and looking to add a '5 hybrid to my bag...not sure if I should go with TS2 25deg (to keep the same design, feel etc), or TSi2 24deg

Was wondering if there are big differences between TS and TSi....and if the difference if big enough to change

In 2009 I bought a Titleist 19 degree 909H hybrid. It was stolen in 2012. I found one in a bin and bought it again that very same day. Tech has changed and my 4 iron now goes almost as far so I decided to upgrade. I play as a 9, and I went with the TSI3. I tested the TSI2, but the TSI2 was more like a fairway wood. The notion that the TSI3 is for better players is kind of ridiculous. A 2 or 3 iron is for better players. A 2 hybrid is for everybody. Looking at the head size of the TSI3, its about the same size of my 2009 hybrid. So the TSI2 shifted to be more like a fairway wood while the TSI3 is more the same. I couldn't be happier with the TSI3. The thing pops and is easy to hit (as a hybrid should be). Also, the adjustability is great. I want to hit greens with it so the ability to dial in 18-20 degrees and anything in between is great. Plus the plate at the bottom is great. My miss is either off the toe or an overdraw (i.e. hook). Moving the weight to the toe helps both of those misses. If you're looking for a long iron replacement, the TSI3 is the way to go.

On 4/7/2021 at 3:08 PM, AlwaysLayUp said:

In 2009 I bought a Titleist 19 degree 909H hybrid. It was stolen in 2012. I found one in a bin and bought it again that very same day. Tech has changed and my 4 iron now goes almost as far so I decided to upgrade. I play as a 9, and I went with the TSI3. I tested the TSI2, but the TSI2 was more like a fairway wood. The notion that the TSI3 is for better players is kind of ridiculous. A 2 or 3 iron is for better players. A 2 hybrid is for everybody. Looking at the head size of the TSI3, its about the same size of my 2009 hybrid. So the TSI2 shifted to be more like a fairway wood while the TSI3 is more the same. I couldn't be happier with the TSI3. The thing pops and is easy to hit (as a hybrid should be). Also, the adjustability is great. I want to hit greens with it so the ability to dial in 18-20 degrees and anything in between is great. Plus the plate at the bottom is great. My miss is either off the toe or an overdraw (i.e. hook). Moving the weight to the toe helps both of those misses. If you're looking for a long iron replacement, the TSI3 is the way to go.

agree 100%......i am about to replace my 909H as well.....

Hit these at a demo day and ordered on contact.  Took a pretty nice club to break my 14 year run of Ping & Callaway only.  Before these the last Titleist I had in the bag was the immortal 905R driver.  That’s like a dial phone to you young bucks out there.  No idea what I’m talking about.  God I’m getting old.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym  9*  Kai Li White
Callaway Paradym  15*  Kai Li Red

Callaway Paradym  20*  Kai Li Red

Ping G425  22*  Alta CB
Ping G425  26*  Alta CB

Ping G425  30*  Alta CB
Ping G425   7 - SW   KBS C-Taper Lite
Odyssey Tank Marxman
Callaway ERC Soft Yellow

Got the 18* TSi2. I was previously using the 818h2, and I have had all sorts of hooking issues with other hybrids in the past. I found this easier to hit than my h2 and the TSi3 (though only had about 15 swings with that), and at the flat setting (plus cut down 1/2" which makes it even flatter), it doesn't want to go left for me.

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

I’d add that I tried the Sim2 as well and if a smaller profile hybrid was a priority, that was easier to hit for me vs the TSi3. I was very close between SIM2 and the TSi2. YMMV obviously. 

20 hours ago, jmevox said:

I ordered a ts2 in november. In february was told its still backordered. Changed my order to tsi2 and said it would ship out immediately. Still don’t have it. I may sell the damn thing when it gets here because im so annoyed. 

Strange- mine arrived 5 days after I ordered it, which was like 3 weeks ago. Maybe it’s a specific grip or shaft holding it up? Though if that’s the case it’s almost even more frustrating they didn’t just say so...

1 hour ago, hartrick11 said:

Strange- mine arrived 5 days after I ordered it, which was like 3 weeks ago. Maybe it’s a specific grip or shaft holding it up? Though if that’s the case it’s almost even more frustrating they didn’t just say so...

I have no idea what’s going on with them. My tsi2 3 wood came in 2 days after release with the same shaft. Its just a mitsubishi raw blue