I'm very excited about the new Chrome Soft X LS being released on the 18th.  Anybody else?  I love the OG Chrome Soft X, but if Cally's new ball can do what it claims it can do, then I'm all on board.  Lower launch with all clubs it seems with less iron spin would be a match made in heaven.  I have a tendency to get a lot of spin with my irons more specifically wedges.  I game the MTB-X and Chrome Soft X and think they are great balls but I could def use a touch less spin.  

Edited by phizzy30

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So full disclosure here: I do some part time work for Callaway. Last time I was able to play a Callaway ball with confidence that it suited my needs was the SR3 when I first hired on with them. I know

So I got out this morning to try these out. For fairness, I have played 6 rounds with TP5X (2021), and 100+ with the left dash pro v1x. Swing speed for me is between 103 and 111 when I go after it. My

Got a chance to try out the Chrome Soft X LS (CSX LS) yesterday. I use a Triple Track 10 putter so I’m partial to the Callaway TT Golf Balls in general. I have tried the Chrome Soft (2020), Chrome Sof

Posted Images

I've been playing the 2020 CSX exclusively since it came out and it has helped my carry distances through the bag, especially off the tee. I need some spin help from my golf ball and the CSX checks all the boxes for me. 

TXG just compared the CSX to the CSX-L and it has me wanting to pick up a sleeve of the CSX-L to test

Edited by MG_TX

Srixon: ZX5 9.5° | UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple F4

Callaway: Mavrik Max 3  15° | VA Composite VYLYN 

Callaway: Apex Hybrid 23°  | Tense Silver S 70

Mizuno: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-7 | Forged 8-GW | UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4

Cleveland: Zip Core Tour Rack 54/12 Full | Heel/Toe Grind | TT DG Spinner

Callaway: Custom PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 58°/12 | UST Mamiya Wedge Proto F4

Odyssey: Milled Collection 6M | 2020 Chrome Soft X 

Do I NEED this ball, since I already have a large supply of LD, B X, TP5x?  No, but I WANT it!

• Haha 1

G400 LST 10*, Tensei CK White 60S

0317 Gen1 17* & 0317X Gen2 19*, MMT 80S

0311 Gen1 4-5 & 0311P Gen2 6-PW, SteelFiber 95S

RTX4 Raw 52* & 58*, Mid, TI S400; HiToe 64*, HiRev 2.0
SC Red X2

Tour B XS (normal cond.) / LD V1x (windy cond.)

- Testing: 0811X+ Proto; Orig One 11.5*; SuperHybrid 17*; 0311XF #3; 2021 TP5x, CS X Triple Track.

- Backups: EFSZ 9* & 15*; TS2 15*; ‘16 M1 3HL; F7 2-3H; 0211; TW-X; IC-601; 716 T-MB; Lucky 777CS; WHP 7CS & CSM 400g; Sigma G Kinloch C.

4 hours ago, 95124hacker said:

Do I NEED this ball, since I already have a large supply of LD, B X, TP5x?  No, but I WANT it!

With driver LS seems to spin more than LD and TP5x and about he same as BX.

Mid irons LS seems to spin more than LD, about the same as TP5x and less than BX.

With short irons LS seems to spin more than LD and TP5x and less than BX.

Look forward to hear your results! 

• Like 2

TaylorMade SIM2 Max Driver 7.5º ~ GD Tour AD XC-6
TaylorMade M5 Fairways 14º & 19º ~ GD Tour AD IZ-7

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 21º ~ PX EvenFlow Black 85
Callaway Apex 21 Irons 5•6•7 ~ PX IO 6.0

Callaway Apex Pro 21 Irons 8•9•P ~ PX IO 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw "Voke Handground" 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ PX 6.0
Evnroll ER8.3 Players Mallet ~ KBS CT Tour
Bridgestone Tour B X

7 hours ago, summerof said:

It might be Callaway's best ball (released to the public).  Long.  Good on the wind. Reasonable short game spin and feel. Played one yesterday. Very impressed. 

Well. Callaway Chrome Tour (Japanese, I believe, version of the Chromesoft X) was offered on MG Golf a while ago as an offering for discounts with the truvis pattern. It was very clicky and hard. It seemed to have similar characteristics but, a few generations prior. Bought them for 21 bucks a dozen and I seriously enjoyed them. They got no love, state side.

These new CSX LS are the real deal. Enjoy them, everyone. 

I was all set to go all in with Callaway balls this year. Triple Track on the ball has been a game changer for my putting and alignment. I played a dozen regular CS during the colder winter months and was fine with them. Was going to try this and the regular X for my warmer weather ball. Got a sleeve of X Triple Tracks and played 1 ball this week. It had to be one of the worst balls I have tried for durability. Half way into the round normal play it was chewed up. Never saw this with regular CS. Back to the Titleist LD for me and my stencil.

Definitely want to test this ball.  

Driver:  Cobra RadSpeed 10.5* @ 9.5*-Diamana Whiteboard 60X

Fairway Woods:  Cobra F9 Tour 3 wood 14.5* & 5 wood 18.5*-Diamana Whitebaord 70X

Irons:  Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper 130X

Wedges:  Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*, 60*-KBS C-Taper 125S+

Putter:  Guerin Rife Tour Blade 

Ball:  2020 Bridgestone Tour B XS

Being a CS user for 4+ years and now on the verge of switching back to ProVs I guess I'm going to have to give this one a try. bang head.gif

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

On 3/5/2021 at 5:52 AM, phizzy30 said:

I'm very excited about the new Chrome Soft X LS being released on the 18th.  Anybody else?  I love the OG Chrome Soft X, but if Cally's new ball can do what it claims it can do, then I'm all on board.  Lower launch with all clubs it seems with less iron spin would be a match made in heaven.  I have a tendency to get a lot of spin with my irons more specifically wedges.  I game the MTB-X and Chrome Soft X and think they are great balls but I could def use a touch less spin.  

Is that the 18th of this month?  Which Titleist ball is similar?

• Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • Dash-ProV1x, AVX, ProV1
50 minutes ago, storm319 said:

Posted on Twitter by Tony Covey:

image.jpeg.697c9cc95e456d4f6f8902ffff2bb65b.jpeg

Why didn't you post the tweet he followed with ?

"Just having some fun with a heat gun. Mantle layers have the lowest melting point."

Wonder if Callaway has a sense of humor ? shocked.gif

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

47 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

Yes, release date is March 18.

People are assuming it will be similar to Left Dash.  However, in my brief testing on Trackman I found it spins more than Left Dash through the bag.  For me, I found Chrome X LS to be almost identical numbers on all clubs to 21 Pro V (non X)... with a firmer feel.

Edited by G-Bone
  • Thanks 1

Bridgestone Tour B X

3 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Why didn't you post the tweet he followed with ?

"Just having some fun with a heat gun. Mantle layers have the lowest melting point."

Wonder if Callaway has a sense of humor ? shocked.gif

Sorry, I don’t have a Twitter account so I didn’t see that follow up. Initially saw this on FB and there was no clarification to this trolling...

22 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

XLS is most similar to the Left Dash V1X. I've played one round with it so far. I wasn't very sharp that particular day, but when I was able to get out of the ball's way and let it do its thing I was very impressed. They set out to offer similar performance characteristics to Left Dash and the TP5x, and they've succeeded in doing so. Once I've burned through the last of my Left Dash and 5X sleeves, I'll be switching to the XLS.

• Thanks 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

4 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

XLS is most similar to the Left Dash V1X. I've played one round with it so far. I wasn't very sharp that particular day, but when I was able to get out of the ball's way and let it do its thing I was very impressed. They set out to offer similar performance characteristics to Left Dash and the TP5x, and they've succeeded in doing so. Once I've burned through the last of my Left Dash and 5X sleeves, I'll be switching to the XLS.

What do you feel the XLS does better than LD and TP5x enough so to have you switch? 

Bridgestone Tour B X

2 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

So full disclosure here: I do some part time work for Callaway. Last time I was able to play a Callaway ball with confidence that it suited my needs was the SR3 when I first hired on with them. I know why the company went the Chrome Soft route and can appreciate that it has been a success, but it didn't remotely give me what I need in any performance aspect.  The 2020 CSX represented a massive step in the right direction, but I still found it a bit too spinny for my needs/taste since we really never see firm conditions where I live but we do see wind. I reached out to Mr. Toulon (company VP) early in the fall last year and explained my dilemma and that I felt like the company was missing out by not offering a ball like TP5X and Left Dash.  He said to expect such a ball the following spring, so obviously it was already in the works and now here it is.

The little bit of playing that I've done with it doesn't allow me to say conclusively that XLS does anything demonstrably superior to either LD or 5X so I don't want to oversell it, but it is certainly similar enough that I can play it without feeling like I'm robbing myself of any potential performance advantage. That's enough, and I'm glad I don't have to explain to playing partners why I'm using some other company's ball anymore. People tend to get carried away and not understand that just because a ball like Chrome Soft isn't in my bag, it doesn't mean that there's something inherently wrong with it. It just isn't right for me, and even though I'm an employee I'm still a golfer and competitor so I don't want to handicap myself in any way.

Great information... thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour B X

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

So full disclosure here: I do some part time work for Callaway. Last time I was able to play a Callaway ball with confidence that it suited my needs was the SR3 when I first hired on with them. I know why the company went the Chrome Soft route and can appreciate that it has been a success, but it didn't remotely give me what I need in any performance aspect.  The 2020 CSX represented a massive step in the right direction, but I still found it a bit too spinny for my needs/taste since we really never see firm conditions where I live but we do see wind. I reached out to Mr. Toulon (company VP) early in the fall last year and explained my dilemma and that I felt like the company was missing out by not offering a ball like TP5X and Left Dash.  He said to expect such a ball the following spring, so obviously it was already in the works and now here it is.

The little bit of playing that I've done with it doesn't allow me to say conclusively that XLS does anything demonstrably superior to either LD or 5X so I don't want to oversell it, but it is certainly similar enough that I can play it without feeling like I'm robbing myself of any potential performance advantage. That's enough, and I'm glad I don't have to explain to playing partners why I'm using some other company's ball anymore. People tend to get carried away and not understand that just because a ball like Chrome Soft isn't in my bag, it doesn't mean that there's something inherently wrong with it. It just isn't right for me, and even though I'm an employee I'm still a golfer and competitor so I don't want to handicap myself in any way.

That's good to hear.  I think I will be picking up 2 dozen myself and doing some testing.  If it's truly a lower spinning version of the Chrome Soft X, then it should be a good fit for me. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

2 minutes ago, G-Bone said:

Great information... thank you for sharing!

The thing that I find most interesting about the XLS release is that like the '20 version of the X, it is a single core design rather than the dual core design that caused so much thrashing over the last year and a half (and not just for Callaway either). I'll be very curious to see if the red boxed Chrome Soft also goes to a single core when it gets its next scheduled design tweak.

WITB Link

2 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

That's good to hear.  I think I will be picking up 2 dozen myself and doing some testing.  If it's truly a lower spinning version of the Chrome Soft X, then it should be a good fit for me. 

It really does remind me of my favorite ball (reaching back into antiquity here) of all time, the Nike Tour Accuracy DD.

It won't surprise me if many of Callaway's marquee staff players stick with the black box X ball simply because they have to score on firmer and faster green conditions than most of us see on a regular basis, but I think it offers players an option that can help them shorten the golf course while maintaining plenty of control and playability for everyday green firmness and speeds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WITB Link

I haven't played a Callaway ball in a long time but these new CSX and CSX LS are both intriguing. Now I'm wondering if I should try both the CSX and LS or just the LS. 

• Like 1

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

WITB Thread

On 3/7/2021 at 1:46 PM, G-Bone said:

Yes, release date is March 18.

People are assuming it will be similar to Left Dash.  However, in my brief testing on Trackman I found it spins more than Left Dash through the bag.  For me, I found Chrome X LS to be almost identical numbers on all clubs to 21 Pro V (non X)... with a firmer feel.

In looking at Matt Blois’ numbers across multiple ball tests, it seems the CSX-LS is about like a PV1X with a touch less spin on wedges. Definitely not a LD.

TSi3 9° Tensei White Prototype 2.0 TX
Epic Flash SZ 15° Kai'li x
Epic Flash 3H 19° Evenflow Black 6.5
i210 4-G Modus3 120x
Glide 3.0 54°/60° Modus3 120x
2 Ball Ten

V1X, CSX-LS, who knows?

2 hours ago, Fairways_and_Greens said:

In looking at Matt Blois’ numbers across multiple ball tests, it seems the CSX-LS is about like a PV1X with a touch less spin on wedges. Definitely not a LD.

Best not to draw conclusions from separate tests conducted with a bunch of time in between. They’ve said they plan to test them back to back same day which should provide a better picture of what’s on offer.

• Like 1

WITB Link

3 minutes ago, Stanks said:

Not to mention the possibility of a Bridgestone rendition of LS / Left Dash. You already know that they're working on it. 

LS CSX is an exciting offering. 

I know Deschambeau has been pushing them to think outside the box in designing a ball suited to him, but from what I understand his requests were pretty outlandish.

WITB Link