2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Chrome Soft X LS

phizzy30

Is the Yellow ONLY available with Triple Track ?? (**IN THE U.K. if it makes a difference ?)

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

1 hour ago, sevenfourate said:

Is the Yellow ONLY available with Triple Track ?? (**IN THE U.K. if it makes a difference ?)

Looks like it is across all the CS balls. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

13 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Looks like it is across all the CS balls. 

Thanks.  All i found too.

Call me pedantic. But while it’s potentially hugely helpful putting etc. I can’t get my head around having to play approach shots with the lines pointing at 45 degrees to the target / start line....

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2021 at 6:32 AM, AcesAndHoles said:

I think this is a fair assessment.

I played 36 this weekend and alternated between sleeves of the X and LS and they both play great, and are definite candidates for when I play serious rounds. The morning round had a lot more wind involved and the LS really surprised me. I'm a high spin, high launch player off anything that's not an iron. I played the 5 holes with a TP5 Pix and a Kirkland ball that were floating around my bag and the rest with the Chrome Softs. The LS cut the wind better and reduced the tendency for my ball to drift a bit more than the X and significantly more than the other balls I played. It paired incredibly well with my 3H which flew long and true all weekend. The X performed well too but has a softer feel especially hitting irons. I'd say it was more confidence inspiring for 9i and under.

So far If I were forced to choose I'd take the X on an average day and the LS on a windy one. X for the shorter game and the LS for the long game. Once temps warm up I may deviate more towards the LS. 

My only gripe so far is that the Chromesoft line are a little more delicate than anticipated. I noticed the LS picked up a few embedded sand grains after a small scale battle with one bunker, and a dramatic cut exposing the core after I overshot a green to the cart path. The X survived admirably even though I abused it a bit.

Right on bro.  I did play the local muni yesterday and here are my findings.  I normally alternate between the Chrome Soft X and MTB-X.  MTB-X flys the highest and spins the most off irons.  Chrome Soft X sits right in between the LS and MTB-X.  The LS is hard and I mean very firm.  Maybe the firmest ball I have hit up to date.  Clicky off the putter too, but that's fine with me.  It launches pretty low with driver and from the looks of it, lower spin as well although I will not be able to say for sure until I get on a trackman.  It's a great wind ball and you guys know that I"m a high launch spin player with all my clubs.  I hit low rockets on holes I had to into the wind.  On 16 at Balboa golf course, it's a 430 yard par 4 into the wind.  I hit driver but purposely on the lower part of the face.  Launch is maybe 6 degrees and it starts off at the rough and curves back in to the right side of the fairway.  Roll out looks to be about 40ish yards if I had to guess.  Total distance on the golf cart's gps being 292.  I have a PW in at 139 yards to a white pin.  Put the ball in the back of my stance and hit another stinger with a cut off follow through.  Hits the green bounces twice and zips back maybe 5 feet max.  Remember, this is into a substantial amount of wind.  The ball would've rolled off the green IMO, had I used the MTB-X or Chrome Soft X.  I also drove a 320 yard hole, dogleg right true carry on gps to pin 302 yards slightly elevated green, which barely ended up on the right side of the fringe.  Teed it up as high as I could allow.  Wind was left to right a bit so it helped me hit a 10 yard fade.  Ball held it's line remarkably well as it doesn't want to turnover as much either way.  Trajectory was flat but seemed to carry forever.  I will be playing these until I run out and plan on buying more next time I'm at the store.  Very pleased with initial results. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Let the testing begin!

only one way to see if these are a ball that can make it into the bag. On course testing here I come 

9AD007FA-926F-44BF-9C1C-C528835B59EC.jpeg

• Like 1

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

1 hour ago, craz-e said:

Let the testing begin!

only one way to see if these are a ball that can make it into the bag. On course testing here I come 

No Triple Track alignment on these ??? ***As above posts - cant see that as an option in the UK. The all come with Triple Track as a matter of course......

Good luck with testing. Let us all know !

25 minutes ago, sevenfourate said:

No Triple Track alignment on these ??? ***As above posts - cant see that as an option in the UK. The all come with Triple Track as a matter of course......

Good luck with testing. Let us all know !

They had both over here in Australia in my local Drummond golf. Went for the plain white. Not a massive fan of the triple track. 

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

On 4/5/2021 at 3:54 PM, sevenfourate said:

Thanks.  All i found too.

Call me pedantic. But while it’s potentially hugely helpful putting etc. I can’t get my head around having to play approach shots with the lines pointing at 45 degrees to the target / start line....

I may have turned a few balls in place so that I don't hit the nice TT lines here and there... secret smell GIF

• Haha 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Callaway Apex Pro '21 5-AW-- S400 (S)

Woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3W

Putter: TM HydroBlast Del Monte 1

13 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Right on bro.  I did play the local muni yesterday and here are my findings.  I normally alternate between the Chrome Soft X and MTB-X.  MTB-X flys the highest and spins the most off irons.  Chrome Soft X sits right in between the LS and MTB-X.  The LS is hard and I mean very firm.  Maybe the firmest ball I have hit up to date.  Clicky off the putter too, but that's fine with me.  It launches pretty low with driver and from the looks of it, lower spin as well although I will not be able to say for sure until I get on a trackman.  It's a great wind ball and you guys know that I"m a high launch spin player with all my clubs.  I hit low rockets on holes I had to into the wind.  On 16 at Balboa golf course, it's a 430 yard par 4 into the wind.  I hit driver but purposely on the lower part of the face.  Launch is maybe 6 degrees and it starts off at the rough and curves back in to the right side of the fairway.  Roll out looks to be about 40ish yards if I had to guess.  Total distance on the golf cart's gps being 292.  I have a PW in at 139 yards to a white pin.  Put the ball in the back of my stance and hit another stinger with a cut off follow through.  Hits the green bounces twice and zips back maybe 5 feet max.  Remember, this is into a substantial amount of wind.  The ball would've rolled off the green IMO, had I used the MTB-X or Chrome Soft X.  I also drove a 320 yard hole, dogleg right true carry on gps to pin 302 yards slightly elevated green, which barely ended up on the right side of the fringe.  Teed it up as high as I could allow.  Wind was left to right a bit so it helped me hit a 10 yard fade.  Ball held it's line remarkably well as it doesn't want to turnover as much either way.  Trajectory was flat but seemed to carry forever.  I will be playing these until I run out and plan on buying more next time I'm at the store.  Very pleased with initial results. 

Have you played any of the other Snell line? I've been super curious and trying to whittle down my closet-stock of various balls before buying a couple boxes. I have to admit though, after smashing a few drives and 3h with wind in play and not having to hunt down a ball on different fairways, I added a sleeve to my bag right next to the PV1 and Kirkland practice balls. 

10 hours ago, craz-e said:

Let the testing begin!

Just by looking at your driver set up I can see that the LS might be the one for you.  What's your current gamer?  The LS seems to spin less than any of the other tour balls.  Expect to see 1 to 2 degree difference in launch and lower spin for sure. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

PXL_20210407_154000115.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AcesAndHoles said:

Have you played any of the other Snell line? I've been super curious and trying to whittle down my closet-stock of various balls before buying a couple boxes. I have to admit though, after smashing a few drives and 3h with wind in play and not having to hunt down a ball on different fairways, I added a sleeve to my bag right next to the PV1 and Kirkland practice balls. 

I've played the MTB Black.  Distance wise, it's pretty much the same as the MTB-X.  Dispersion with all clubs are better overall with the MTB-X as.  It does launch higher than the Black with irons for sure and it's firmer.  More spin with wedges as well.  Whereas the Black is 2 hop and stop the MTB-X spins back maybe 5 feet on average depending on how soft the greens are. 

Edited by phizzy30

56 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I've played the MTB Black.  Distance wise, it's pretty much the same as the MTB-X.  Dispersion with all clubs are better overall with the MTB-X as.  It does launch higher than the Black with irons for sure and it's firmer.  More spin with wedges as well.  Whereas the Black is 2 hop and stop the MTB-X spins back maybe 5 feet on average depending on how soft the greens are. 

Good to know. Sounds like the black could be a better option for me. 

5 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Just by looking at your driver set up I can see that the LS might be the one for you.  What's your current gamer?  The LS seems to spin less than any of the other tour balls.  Expect to see 1 to 2 degree difference in launch and lower spin for sure. 

Haven't really had a gamer ball this year, its been a lot of testing and narrowing down my options

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

grabbed a sleeve of 3 TT the other day for a laugh as i wasnt game enough to spend $90 on 12 balls that i may not be able to get 5 feet off the ground, i have been using V1x for a good stint, am going to change over to the CSX LS really enjoyed it and really surprised by it, only trouble is wet n cold ol' winter time is nearly upon us here so maybe the Pro V or MTB may make a appearance for 6 months, (maybe).

on the Snell X ball, found a couple of shags out on the course last club day walking back past practice fairway threw the shags in the bucket for guys to practice with, noticed a ball beside bucket that someone hadn't put into the bin so i grabbed it and threw it in, of course i looked at it (as you do, just to see what people are hitting) and wouldn't you know it, it was an MTB X, i quickly turned around and grabbed it out & threw in my trolley pouch as i have not hit Snell's X ball yet.

you guys maybe thinking WTF is this guy on about??? but where i am in NZ Snell is like .... "who"??? to 98% of peeps, especially my club, and reference for you American readers the price of 12 MTBs landed here is roughly the same as a box of Pro V's, which is just under $90 so im thinking someone from the big smoke has come out and lost it, or another NZ WRXer has been at my track and not hit me up????

i want to use the MTB X but the Cally is pretty dam good im keeping it in #1 spot at the mo, maybe this coming Sunday for the Snell.

I wish they did more than just a few shots each, but really solid findings for all three balls. Ian was pretty consistent across the board until it got to D. Also so happy he did this after his whole swing speed transformation. 

Based on Ian's feedback I would probably want to play the LDash for feel and the CS by spec. I like the idea of the slight boost for stopping power on greens. 

Edited by AcesAndHoles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2021 at 4:50 PM, 95124hacker said:

Does anyone know if any site is selling the LS at Buy 3, Get 1 free? I already checked golfballs.com, rockbottomgolf.com, tgw.com, and callawaygolf.com

I don't think so.  The LS just came out so it might be awhile until these sites offer that deal. 

On 3/19/2021 at 6:54 PM, jds101086 said:

Maybe I'm jaded but isn't this a Callaway branded solution to better balls that already exist? TP5x and Bridgestone BX as well as Left Dash are top tier solutions to this problem. I loathe every iteration of Chrome Soft(hence the jaded reference) and that feeling is just solidified by the fact no pros and even some staff pro's don't even play the retail models. Unless you are a Callaway loyalist why wouldn't the player this fits just play a better ball and call it a day?

I play Cally balls because they flat out perform.  Tour IZ, Hex Black, now Chrome Soft X LS.  I don't fit into too many tour balls and I'm a high launch/spin player so I need a ball that launches pretty low and spins even less than the other tour balls out there.  Firm feel is a bonus.  I got great numbers from the retail Chrome Soft X on trackman and tested the LS out on the course for the first time on Monday.  Seems like I have a winner here. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2021 at 8:22 AM, cjblake09 said:

After a couple of rounds i love the ball off the driver and long irons.  Still getting use to it around the greens as i am not getting the spin i am sue to but overall solid ball.

Funny I had the same experience and what I found was its player REALLY well for players that like loft around the greens. I grew up in Seattle and am used to hitting knee high skippers all the time. With LS I realized playing with a bit more launch around the greens, opens this ball up like a fine wine lol. Off the tee and with the irons its nails as well. let me know what you think after some more testing. 

Has anyone noticed these balls are a little more fragile? I’ve been gaming the X and LS and noticed they don’t fare too well after 9. I don’t think it affected playability but I noticed a nice few cuts in the one I played today. 

15 hours ago, AcesAndHoles said:

Has anyone noticed these balls are a little more fragile? I’ve been gaming the X and LS and noticed they don’t fare too well after 9. I don’t think it affected playability but I noticed a nice few cuts in the one I played today. 

You're right.  My ball had a big ole' scuff mark on it but that was probably from possibly hitting the cart path.  I also noticed it doesn't hold up well to even slightly thin shots which is my usual miss. 

9 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

You're right.  My ball had a big ole' scuff mark on it but that was probably from possibly hitting the cart path.  I also noticed it doesn't hold up well to even slightly thin shots which is my usual miss. 

The thin shot cut in the cover is what I noticed. CSX and LS both caught a nice edge at some point each and my Wilsons really aren’t that sharp. Apparently it was enough to do some damage. 🤷‍♂️

They also don’t survive the puppy durability test as well. Mia, my 15lb puppy tends to herd my golf balls and “mouth” them which makes putting very convenient, or difficult at times depending on how cooperative she is with the ball return. Not quite a good chomp, but enough to leave little teeth marks. She’s been working on a Vice for a good week and it still looks decent. Same for the proV1. The CS, not so much. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AcesAndHoles said:

The thin shot cut in the cover is what I noticed. CSX and LS both caught a nice edge at some point each and my Wilsons really aren’t that sharp. Apparently it was enough to do some damage. 🤷‍♂️

They also don’t survive the puppy durability test as well. Mia, my 15lb puppy tends to herd my golf balls and “mouth” them which makes putting very convenient, or difficult at times depending on how cooperative she is with the ball return. Not quite a good chomp, but enough to leave little teeth marks. She’s been working on a Vice for a good week and it still looks decent. Same for the proV1. The CS, not so much. 

I have 2 puppies as well that we rescued last month.  They're a year old but we call them puppies.  I never let my boys chew on my balls, haha, but they have a huge mound of chew toys.  Already had to throw out 4 already. 

On 4/10/2021 at 10:08 PM, AcesAndHoles said:

I noticed the same thing. I was swapping the LS every 6-7 holes because of it getting beat up. 

Left Dash was the winner again for me this season. My on course results were the same as the TXG video above. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

16 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I have 2 puppies as well that we rescued last month.  They're a year old but we call them puppies.  I never let my boys chew on my balls, haha, but they have a huge mound of chew toys.  Already had to throw out 4 already. 

Mia is an Aussiedoodle. She will chase a tumbleweed if she can find one. I’ve been trying to teach her to retrieve chips for me with mixed success and save the random balls I find on course/ beat up balls that would go into a practice bucket. She’s allowed those to dabble with. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MPAndreassi said:

I noticed the same thing. I was swapping the LS every 6-7 holes because of it getting beat up. 

Left Dash was the winner again for me this season. My on course results were the same as the TXG video above. 

I’ll get my hands on a box of the LD eventually. For now I need to just run through my stash. I’m starting to occupy too much space with golf related stuff!

Still ❤❤❤ my CSXLS & Epic Max LS combo 👍👍👍

Shot my best round last Saturday with that ball, 1 under on a course I have shot, at best, 75 but this ball made the difference. I think it takes the edge off the worst driver shots.

As well, can hit it low and it won't spin up like my XV or MTB-X, does exactly like I want.

Looking forward to more rounds. 2 rounds with the same ball and the it's in good shape. I didn't see any cuts off a hot shot aka thin ones eventhough I have hit a couple. Only blemish is a good smack against a pretty good tree trunk off my 3 wood but I don't think any ball can survive that. Well, may be a 1980s Top Flite XL.

Still, very impressed with this ball. Definitely suits my swing and game.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing