2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Chrome Soft X LS

phizzy30

3 minutes ago, MrFlipper said:

Been playing LS for couple months now. Can't play the low super spinny chip with it, but otherwise I'm a huge fan. Grew up playing 100+ compression, I like the clicky sound and hard feel, reminds me of the apex 100+ I played as a kid. If that's the feel and sound you are looking for, this is the ball for you. 

That's the only down side.  Otherwise it's numero uno in my book.  Playing in Palm Springs this weekend and I can't wait.  Thin air, 100+degree heat and firm fast fairways.  Should make for 330+yard drives for me. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 5/21/2021 at 8:21 AM, phizzy30 said:

TP5x is 5 yards longer off the tee for me and spins maybe 200 rpm more off driver compared to the LS.  Iron distances are pretty similar.  TP5x spins a bit more on shots 130 yards and in.  The reason why I'm gaming the LS is because it holds it's line better especially on windy days.  I like the hard clicky feel as well. 

I had the same experience. It was like the 5X had better aero or something. For me the 5X was a little better off driver, V1X was better off wedges and irons, and CSX was a compromise between the other 2. Durability was hands down V1X and that’s what won me over.

• Like 1

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

The CSX-LS ‘dream’ lasted just 18 holes….

That was enough to know it’s not THE ball for me.

Could I game it ? No problem ! Was it the best all around current ball I’ve played: No.

I’m 50 in a couple of months; and was hoping to gain some ‘noticeable’ yardage over the 2021 TP5X i’m using - and gain back some yards i’m losing with age.

Random thoughts on CSX - LS (**For me: and my not very scientific on-course testing):

Sounds great off the driver ! Lowish flight 🤷‍♂️ Did feel very ‘heavy / solid’ as others say. But didn’t sound silly hard / clicky off the irons. And not uncontrollably firm with the flatstick either. Not hugely longer - if at all - compared to 2021 TP5X.  And was definitely less controllable, had less feel and noticeably less spin around the greens.

**Being someone who try’s to play a lot of low flighted / high spinning chips and pitches; and who’s short game is controlled by spin more than most - this last point was a killer. And for that reason alone - I’M OUT ! ***Although once again; it’s small margins at this level of golf balls these days. And we as picky golfers should be glad we have the opportunity to trial the variety of premium ammunition out there - and pick the ones with the traits that compliment our games as applicable….

Good golfing all 🙂 

Edited by sevenfourate

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

5 hours ago, elwhippy said:

Put this in play last night and loved it. Shouldn't work for my swing speed but bored through the wind and sat down on a dime. Loved the firmer putting feel. Best gross score of the season.

I have no idea how your game and mine compare or just how similar Chrome Soft LS is to Left Dash Pro V1x.

That said, I think there's a post somewhere with me making a similar comment after 3-4 rounds with Left Dash a couple years ago. In my case, I think the advantages seemed greater than they really were and the disadvantages become more apparent after a few months play with the Left Dash.

But hopefully your experience will hold up better! If not, it will still be an interesting experiment. 

I have put it in play for 4 rounds and like it off the driver and putter but I lack the swing speed with the irons to make it work well evidently.

Switched to a Bridgestone RXS for a few holes and hit my irons much better, so now I have to find the happy medium which might just be the CSx or just back to the BS tour xs. Strange game.

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

• 2 weeks later...

Played first round with X LS. Shocked with how it drilled through a 20 mph wind with a 4 iron, with my ProV1 it would have ballooned somewhat. Airmailed two greens due to strong flight off irons. Hit a couple of duck hooks (not normal) which makes me think I’ll need to loft my TS3 back to 9.5 to retain some spin with this ball. 

Got enough spin on pitches and chips. Putter was fine too, firm but manageable. 

It’s def not as durable as ProV1, a full wedge took a skim off the cover, and it seemed to get sand marks easily. I do think the ProV1 has an amazing cover tho so perhaps an unfair standard to hold against.

Overall very impressed, it’ll go in play and I’ll put my ProVs in the drawer 

• Like 1

Just played the CSX-LS for the first time today since my game is in a good spot right now. I played the CSX last week and it was quite nice but I really enjoyed these today from what I saw so far. I definitely need to get on a launch monitor and see which ball gives me stats I like but these CS balls are really nice.

I do wish I could have seen how they were on wedges today but the greens were literally rock solid. A few wedge shots I could see the ball spin but it just couldn't grip and released out until it ran out of steam. But I think on a green that wasn't rock solid I could get them to stop where I wanted them to stop. But they'll stay a front runner along with the CSX and I'm going to test the Wilson, Srixon Z-Stars and Bridgestone balls as well. 

As for durability I lost 1 ball so couldn't see how it looked after 18 but the other one looks just fine, no real issues I didn't hit any trees, paths or was in the bunker so maybe could see more then but so far so good.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I bought a sleeve a few days ago and played 3 rounds with it in some windy conditions. First I did not like the feel off the driver as it was very firm, but after a few shots I went really after it and the feel was actually good. The best thing was however how straight the ball flew, not affected by the wind. And I gained easily 15 meters compared to my usual ball (Vice Pro). Spin around the green was good, iron play was very good too, especially in the wind. However I could not putt with it, had at least 4 3-putts every round. Used my Vice ball for a few holes and was putting very well. It is probably the combination of the ball and my Putter, could not develop any feel. Maybe I should use a softer putter, has anybody tried this?

All in all I am very impressed and will continue to use this ball, and change to a softer putter, hopefully this will solve the problems..

On 7/22/2021 at 5:50 PM, MrFlipper said:

Been playing LS for couple months now. Can't play the low super spinny chip with it, but otherwise I'm a huge fan. Grew up playing 100+ compression, I like the clicky sound and hard feel, reminds me of the apex 100+ I played as a kid. If that's the feel and sound you are looking for, this is the ball for you. 

I've since moved from the CS X LS to the Pro-V1X Dash ball. 

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

1 hour ago, Nic1972 said:

I bought a sleeve a few days ago and played 3 rounds with it in some windy conditions. First I did not like the feel off the driver as it was very firm, but after a few shots I went really after it and the feel was actually good. The best thing was however how straight the ball flew, not affected by the wind. And I gained easily 15 meters compared to my usual ball (Vice Pro). Spin around the green was good, iron play was very good too, especially in the wind. However I could not putt with it, had at least 4 3-putts every round. Used my Vice ball for a few holes and was putting very well. It is probably the combination of the ball and my Putter, could not develop any feel. Maybe I should use a softer putter, has anybody tried this?

All in all I am very impressed and will continue to use this ball, and change to a softer putter, hopefully this will solve the problems..

I use an OG White Hot #1, which is among the softest inserts out there apparently, and I actually really liked how the CS XLS feels off the face.

It actually has me thinking somewhat the opposite of you though, because I'm not sure that I'm going to stick to the CS XLS, but I've noticed that I like the feel of higher compression/clicky balls better off the face of my putter than mid-compression balls that I'm more likely to stick with (Maxfli Tour). So, I'm thinking maybe I need a slightly firmer putter face to get a similar feel to how the CS XLS feels. Then again, I do really like the CS XLS for putting, and had one of my best short game rounds this season with them as well, so by the time I finish this dozen I might change my opinion on ball choice and stick with this combo...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nic1972 said:

I liked the feel off my putter actually and the one that I was using basically had no milling/smooth face on it. I just found it much more responsive when putting and had better speed control with it as well. 

But putting is so personal it will depend what each person wants/likes. 

• Thanks 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 8/13/2021 at 9:19 PM, WaltrHenn said:

Played first round with X LS. Shocked with how it drilled through a 20 mph wind with a 4 iron, with my ProV1 it would have ballooned somewhat. Airmailed two greens due to strong flight off irons. Hit a couple of duck hooks (not normal) which makes me think I’ll need to loft my TS3 back to 9.5 to retain some spin with this ball. 

Got enough spin on pitches and chips. Putter was fine too, firm but manageable. 

It’s def not as durable as ProV1, a full wedge took a skim off the cover, and it seemed to get sand marks easily. I do think the ProV1 has an amazing cover tho so perhaps an unfair standard to hold against.

Overall very impressed, it’ll go in play and I’ll put my ProVs in the drawer 

Have played three rounds now with these and the bubble has burst.

Durability is very poor, had to change the ball after 9 holes, it was in bits.

More importantly, had a good few shots that flew very strangely. For example, hit a seven iron, seemed solid, but had a very weak flight and fell out of the air about 30 yards short. This was typical of the strange flights.

I’m returning to my ProV1s for their stellar durability and flight reliability. Plus feel off putter and short game spin.

Best ball out since 13 ProV1X imo... No issues with durability actually find it to one of the better balls in this category...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2 hours ago, Wardonation said:

Best ball out since 13 ProV1X imo... No issues with durability actually find it to one of the better balls in this category...

The first box I bought the covers on them didn't hold up at all.  Since then I have had no issues.    Still not the most durable ball I have played, but is certainly one of the best performing balls I have played in a long time.  

Callaway Paradym TD          9°   Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60

Callaway Paradym TD 3+     13.5°  Mitsubishi Kai'li White 70

Callaway Apex UW        19°   Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75

Callaway Apex TCB       4-AW  Project X

Callaway Jaws Raw      54°S ,60°Z True Temper DG Spinner 

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

Callaway Chrome Tour

2 hours ago, Wardonation said:

i switched from the CS X LS to the left dash ProV1X -- get better control with the dash than the LS IMO. 

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

35 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

i switched from the CS X LS to the left dash ProV1X -- get better control with the dash than the LS IMO. 

Interesting, I tried that ball for a round last year. It felt hard to me? I also am a "low spin" guy and was hitting knucklers... For the right person I could see that ball being perfect just not for me. The "LS" for does not feel low spin at all but does spin less than the PROV1X with the wedges for me. It also flights lower with short irons which for a picker like me is ideal...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

4 minutes ago, Wardonation said:

Interesting, I tried that ball for a round last year. It felt hard to me? I also am a "low spin" guy and was hitting knucklers... For the right person I could see that ball being perfect just not for me. The "LS" for does not feel low spin at all but does spin less than the PROV1X with the wedges for me. It also flights lower with short irons which for a picker like me is ideal...

ahhh traditionally i'm lower spin with driver, mid with woods/hybrid and higher in the irons/wedges. 

it's definitely a 'heavier' type ball imo -- like the old school bridgestone B330X balls (first iteration dual-dimple). 

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• 2 weeks later...

I've played this ball my last 4 rounds, I keep saying I'm going to try something else but I'm just enjoying this ball and especially the feel. Like others said it's not a low spin like an AVX, this thing still spins just the least of the CS options. 

As for durability I've had no issues with the box I've had, I had one ball last me 27 holes or so, took a direct shot to a tree trunk and nothing, I think just a small scuff but I've had good luck with these for durability. 

I think this ball will be my baseline ball and will see if I like anything better.  

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 9/8/2021 at 7:52 AM, MattM97 said:

I've played this ball my last 4 rounds, I keep saying I'm going to try something else but I'm just enjoying this ball and especially the feel. Like others said it's not a low spin like an AVX, this thing still spins just the least of the CS options. 

As for durability I've had no issues with the box I've had, I had one ball last me 27 holes or so, took a direct shot to a tree trunk and nothing, I think just a small scuff but I've had good luck with these for durability. 

I think this ball will be my baseline ball and will see if I like anything better.  

Are you gaming the yellow or white?  I have both and the yellow version seems to be way more durable than the white.

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

22 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Are you gaming the yellow or white?  I have both and the yellow version seems to be way more durable than the white.

White triple track. But I'll remember the yellow if the whites don't last for me. 

Lefty - WITB Thread