KYLE BERKSHIRE LEAVING CALLAWAY??

Thomas Brack

1 hour ago, Ferguson said:

I'm sorry this keeps you up at night.  Don Quixote?   Not really.   

To me, that picture of Fernando Rye is a study in perspective and that's what I try to provide when I post - my perspective. 

Ah, clearly I've been thinking too much about this...or have I? My theory was obviously facile. The actual answer bespeaks a depth and subtlety that I had previously not known. It's the Da Vinci Code all over again. Where is Umberto Echo when I need him?

Oh yeah, why are we talking about Kyle Berkshire in the Tour sub-forum? To the best of my knowledge, that dude hasn't been a member of any tour outside of LD. Don't see him making the transition to legit golf any time soon. 

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

5 hours ago, PureStrikes54 said:

Guess Cobra/Puma saw something more marketable than a "flash in the pan, that needs a haircut, and game should do the talking".......🤣🤣

Guy has more social media followers than almost anyone in the entire OWGR top 25, youtube channel already one of the largest in golf and growing, Bryson constantly doing collaborations, and tons of PGA tour swing coaches analyzing his move on their socials as well.

Great move by Cobra/Puma. If they can flip even a small percentage of callaway/taylormade loyalists or make inroads with the younger generation that recently started playing the deal pays for itself in spades. 

Berkshire has 250k followers on instagram. Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas both have over 1 million each, so nearly 10 times the followers with just the top 2 of the OWGR.

40 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Is he still competing in LD? Or is his job description now full time YouTube personality? I’d imagine if he’s actually serious about trying to play on the PGA tour, he is no longer doing LD. 

I believe he has said long drive is basically dead right now because of covid. Not sure if its still on life support or not, but he seems to shifted towards attempting a shot at the PGA.

• Thanks 1

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

1 hour ago, Circaflex said:

he seems to shifted towards attempting a shot at the PGA.

He's a cool kid and has a lot of talent but yeah ... he ain't gonna make it to the tour. 

There's plenty of money to be made right now as an IG "influencer." He'd be best advised to stick to that. If he had a chance at the tour, he'd already be there. 

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

6 minutes ago, aenemated said:

He's a cool kid and has a lot of talent but yeah ... he ain't gonna make it to the tour. 

There's plenty of money to be made right now as an IG "influencer." He'd be best advised to stick to that. If he had a chance at the tour, he'd already be there. 

Hopefully Cobra/Puma can give him some PR and media presence help. He isn't great on camera and his youtube videos leave a lot to be desired IMO. Hitting 350 drives and 200 9i isn't great on camera, either. He needs more than that to retain followers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoTime said:

Berkshire has 250k followers on instagram. Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas both have over 1 million each, so nearly 10 times the followers with just the top 2 of the OWGR.

That’s really not how that works lol. They each have a million followers does not work out to 2 million DIFFERENT followers. I would be over 90% follow both. For what that is worth.

Also, he did say “ almost anyone in the top 25 in the owgr.” So you showed him two. How many of the top 25 have over 250k? 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

14 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

That’s really not how that works lol. They each have a million followers does not work out to 2 million DIFFERENT followers. I would be over 90% follow both. For what that is worth.

Also, he did say “ almost anyone in the top 25 in the owgr.” So you showed him two. How many of the top 25 have over 250k? 

So here is where we are at people. Kyle is better at IG than ‘most’ professional golfers. All professional golfers are better at golf than Kyle.  🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TiScape said:

So here is where we are at people. Kyle is better at IG than ‘most’ professional golfers. All professional golfers are better at golf than Kyle.  🤣

Maybe if golfwrx had a tournament....and it was held somewhere like....oh, I don’t know.....ah! Harbor Town.

He certainly could not compete with guys hitting it wrx length.....especially if they got the tour treatment with no rough and 15 stimp  fairways. 
  He would be one of the shortest in that tourney but at Harbor Town he may have a chance. 

I mean, what the heck.....if a 4 handicap can beat.........

Never mind. 🤔

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

14 hours ago, JDCON said:

I always pictured you as an older guy with a taste for cigars and fine whiskey who could regale a group with a tale from "back in my day..." stories. I'm mildly disappointed that's not who you are.

I enjoy the finer things, but I quit smoking cigars in 2006 and went healthy.  I rarely drink and I'm not that old.   

Sorry to disappoint.  

• Like 1

Great signing for Cobra/PUMA. Kyle seems like a great guy and has great visibility on social media so it might win back some younger fans that were lost to other companys since Rickie is not playing great anymore.

Bryson and Kyle is for sure not shabby as the two posterboys

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

12 hours ago, aenemated said:

If he had a chance at the tour, he'd already be there. 

What in the world are you talking about? Does that mean anybody on the mini, Korn, Japanese, Sunshine, etc. tours should just stop and not continue to try because if they were good enough they'd already be on it? Somebody, remember to tell those college kids don't bother. If they were any good for the tour they'd already be on there.

Now, do I think he has the game to play the Korn tour? Nope. But to say he'd already be out there if he had the game is incredibly short sighted.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 11:19 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

Hence why KB is trying to get on the tours somehow.

And yes i wouldnt doubt KBs deal with Cally was limited. Maybe down to even just 'rep pricing' and nothing really free except some cool stuff at Callaway HQ once a year.

Through Bryson, Cobra probably hooked it up big time. It makes sense for Cobra, too. They're kinda in his wheelhouse of eccentricity; his style and his swing.

Surely he can work up through the mini-tours.  If not starting at Korn Ferry whatever is below that, Hooters or Sunshine Tour or something like that.

2 hours ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

Great signing for Cobra/PUMA. Kyle seems like a great guy and has great visibility on social media so it might win back some younger fans that were lost to other companys since Rickie is not playing great anymore.

Bryson and Kyle is for sure not shabby as the two posterboys

Ever since Rickie busted out with the TP5X Taylormade commercials, I've felt he was waiting for the opportunity to go full-on TM. With the addition of Kyle Berkshire being head-to-toe Puma/Cobra I feel like they're gearing up for an upcoming hole in their Player Staff. Time will tell.

• Like 1

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

22 minutes ago, smashdn said:

Surely he can work up through the mini-tours.  If not starting at Korn Ferry whatever is below that, Hooters or Sunshine Tour or something like that.

Unless anyone has heard otherwise, I don't think he's playing any competitive golf now, and hasn't since college? Seems like he should be doing something competitive now if for nothing more than tournament mindset reps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

What in the world are you talking about? Does that mean anybody on the mini, Korn, Japanese, Sunshine, etc. tours should just stop and not continue to try because if they were good enough they'd already be on it? Somebody, remember to tell those college kids don't bother. If they were any good for the tour they'd already be on there.

Now, do I think he has the game to play the Korn tour? Nope. But to say he'd already be out there if he had the game is incredibly short sighted.

Guys who wash out of college golf aren't good enough to play on tour tbh. Look at all these YouTube golfers and look at their college golf careers. Either washouts or guys who's scoring average was mid 70's during tournament play.

I think it's nice to make a living doing what you love. But the reality is that these YouTube guys aren't showing you all the attempts it takes them to pull off that "cool shot". They sit there all day trying it and then post the video of the shot that goes in. That isn't real. It's just social media bullxxxx. None of these guys are tour caliber players. None of these guys are really even college caliber players.

The only guy that has been legit out of that bunch is Wesley Bryan. And that dude was a hell of a college player. He actually, you know, accomplished things in college golf and competitive golf. He won tournaments. He wasn't just some guy famous for hitting cool shots on his 150th attempt on YouTube.

Edited by One Putter
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, One Putter said:

Guys who wash out of college golf aren't good enough to play on tour tbh. Look at all these YouTube golfers and look at their college golf careers. Either washouts or guys who's scoring average was mid 70's during tournament play.

I think it's nice to make a living doing what you love. But the reality is that these YouTube guys aren't showing you all the attempts it takes them to pull off that "cool shot". They sit there all day trying it and then post the video of the shot that goes in. That isn't real. It's just social media bullxxxx. None of these guys are tour caliber players. None of these guys are really even college caliber players.

They just play on the emotion of the hack golfer that "maybe, one day, he can make it, and that means i could too".

The only guy that has been legit out of that bunch is Wesley Bryan. And that dude was a hell of a college player. He actually, you know, accomplished things in college golf and competitive golf. He won tournaments. He wasn't just some guy famous for hitting cool shots on his 150th attempt on YouTube.

Of course, most of them do multiple takes, but that has nothing to do with how short sighted the statement I quoted was. Someone should have told Tony Finau don't to not worry about pro golf when he went on The Big Break. Same goes for Tommy Gainey. I think Ryann O’Toole forgot to get the memo as well.

why on earth would someone be giving Kyle Berkshire flack for this.. he makes it, he doesn't, he has a long shot, he has no shot, he's not even trying. Who the hell cares? Its about the journey fellas - ask David Duval who finally raised a claret jug as was like, this is it huh? Ask Tiger Woods, the most accomplished player of all time perhaps, divorced and can't stay awake on a 3 mile drive at 7:30am. 

Its been said a million different ways - heard a new one recently from Bruce Lee that's pretty cool: “I have preserved blossoms for many years, but never fruits.” Its cliche but so friggin true. Berkshire qualifying for a Korn Ferry event, getting a top ten - those are BIG accomplishments and if it blows his hair back (had to do it) GOOD ON HIM!

• Like 3

TSR3 10* | Hzrdus Black Gen4 60TX 

Titleist TS3 3w | Diamana DF 70TX

Ping i525 3 iron | DG 120 X100 

Callaway Apex MB '18 5-Pw; X Forged '18 4i | DG X100 

Vokey SM8 52F, SM9 56F, SM7 60L | DG S400

Evnroll ER2v Long Plumbers Neck

1 hour ago, mtg said:

why on earth would someone be giving Kyle Berkshire flack for this.. he makes it, he doesn't, he has a long shot, he has no shot, he's not even trying. Who the hell cares? Its about the journey fellas - ask David Duval who finally raised a claret jug as was like, this is it huh? Ask Tiger Woods, the most accomplished player of all time perhaps, divorced and can't stay awake on a 3 mile drive at 7:30am. 

Its been said a million different ways - heard a new one recently from Bruce Lee that's pretty cool: “I have preserved blossoms for many years, but never fruits.” Its cliche but so friggin true. Berkshire qualifying for a Korn Ferry event, getting a top ten - those are BIG accomplishments and if it blows his hair back (had to do it) GOOD ON HIM!

Agreed.  I hope Berkshire does make it.  He is trying his hardest to make this goal.  I have subscribed to his Youtube channel because I find his journey interesting.  I played college golf with his former coach at North Texas (the coach who told Berkshire he should go into long drive).  So I feel a personal connection with Berkshire through Brad Stracke.  In the end how can anyone be against someone working their tail of to accomplish a goal?

• Like 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Will be similar to what Jamie Sadlowski has been trying to do. It’s a tough transition from long drive to tour competition. I’m not a fan of Kyle buy I don’t fault a guy for trying. 

TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° Tour Ad Di 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 

Titleist U500 3iron

TaylorMade P7MC 4-Pw Nippon 120 

50° Titleist Vokey SM8

54° Titleist Vokey SM8

60° Titleist Vokey SM8

TaylorMade Spider SR

TP5x /Pro V1

36 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Polite way to say you you don’t have what it takes to make it on tour, but you hit it really far. 

Maybe, maybe not.  I read the article that discussed the conversation and the comment was made because Berkshire hit prodigious distances.  That said I'd love to see the crystal Ball all the naysayers are looking into to forecast the future.  Why not enjoy the journey for what it is.  

• Like 1

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

28 minutes ago, Pops99 said:

Will be similar to what Jamie Sadlowski has been trying to do. It’s a tough transition from long drive to tour competition. I’m not a fan of Kyle buy I don’t fault a guy for trying. 

Berkshire isn't Jamie Slasowski.  Let's see how his journey goes.  At least he's realistic about it.  Also having a mentor like Bryson Dechambeau certainly can't hurt Berkshire's chances. 

15 hours ago, straightshot7 said:

Callaway marketing sucks. What am I buying? Something less exciting than TaylorMade but also less sophisticated than Titleist? Pass.

What is exciting about TaylorMade???

3 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

I think Ryann O’Toole forgot to get the memo as well.

Related to Plenty?

5 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

I get your point but also ... he's going on 25 and only has competitive experience playing in high school and a couple years in college with no particularly notable accomplishments. Long drive is rad and fun to watch ... but that's not playing golf. 

ANY of the guys on the mini-tours are way ahead. And compare it to younger guys like Colin Morikawa, Viktor Hovland, Matthew Wolffe ... these guys all had stellar junior, amateur and college careers. That's not even to mention guys closer to his age like Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, his homey Bryson, Patrick Reed, etc who are multiple tour/major winners already.

You can't just "practice more" and become tour caliber when other guys your age are winning majors. That's my point. 

And again, he's a cool kid and I can appreciate his drive and dedication and he'd definitely mop the course with me. 

Edited by aenemated
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

30 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

Maybe, maybe not.  I read the article that discussed the conversation and the comment was made because Berkshire hit prodigious distances.  That said I'd love to see the crystal Ball all the naysayers are looking into to forecast the future.  Why not enjoy the journey for what it is.  

Of course it was made bcs he hits it long. You’re not gonna tell a guy that you don’t think has what it takes to make it on tour and hits it average to try long drive. The coach tells that guy to focus on his degree and get a solid job doing something his passionate about. Haha. Obviously the golf coach doesn’t tell Kyle to get into long drive if he thinks he has a legitimate chance to make it on tour. I’m not hating on the guy. He’s making the best of the hand he’s been dealt. Good for him. 

Edited by TiScape

3 hours ago, mtg said:

why on earth would someone be giving Kyle Berkshire flack for this

Is this your fist day here? Most posters here are miserable and love to criticize everyone and everything.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

1 hour ago, lefty1978 said:

Is this your fist day here? Most posters here are miserable and love to criticize everyone and everything.

😂🤣🤣

LOL!!! I have been on this site for about 15 years.  In seriousness, yes, I see quite a bit of negative based posts or jealousy, not in just this thread but in many threads throughout the years.  It is what it is.  I am a happy person and love seeing others pursue their dreams and would never think of crapping on that.  With regard to Kyle Berkshire, I am pulling for him.  His road is a long and not going to be easy.  He was a ranked junior player who played in tournaments before he ever got into long drive.  He has the foundation and now needs to elevate the obvious skills he has.  Is he tour capable today, not just the PGA Tour but the Korn Ferry Tour as well?  No.  Can be be with practice, coaching, mental approach development .... maybe.  I will be watching and pulling for him.

Edited by RobotDoctor
  • Like 1