MPAndreassi's WITB - Budding Betti Collection Update

Sweet setup and awesome details Mike! Looks like you’re sponsored by Titleist...awesome!

How do you like the TSi3 and TSi2 Driver and Woods?

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Sweet setup and awesome details Mike! Looks like you’re sponsored by Titleist...awesome!

How do you like the TSi3 and TSi2 Driver and Woods?

Unfortunately I had to pay for it all, just free advertising for them! 

The fairways I got a chance to play a few rounds with in the late fall and early winter, and really liked them. Super easy to hit off of the deck, and really good off of the tee as well. They're the most well rounded, do it all fairways I've come across in a long time.

I've only had the chance to play one round with the TSi3, yesterday actually. It was cold, and super windy. Around 35 degrees and wind around 20-30 mph all day. Despite the conditions I hit it really, really well. It feels great, and just looks so pretty. Surprisingly forgiving considering the shape of it. The weather should be warming up this coming week thankfully.

• Like 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

2 minutes ago, MPAndreassi said:

Unfortunately I had to pay for it all, just free advertising for them! 

The fairways I got a chance to play a few rounds with in the late fall and early winter, and really liked them. Super easy to hit off of the deck, and really good off of the tee as well. They're the most well rounded, do it all fairways I've come across in a long time.

I've only had the chance to play one round with the TSi3, yesterday actually. It was cold, and super windy. Around 35 degrees and wind around 20-30 mph all day. Despite the conditions I hit it really, really well. It feels great, and just looks so pretty. Surprisingly forgiving considering the shape of it. The weather should be warming up this coming week thankfully.

Awesome...good to know, they’re beauties for sure. Yeah, thank goodness Spring is around the corner...enjoy!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

8 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Awesome...good to know, they’re beauties for sure. Yeah, thank goodness Spring is around the corner...enjoy!

It's been a long couple of weeks here, I'd imagine even worse up there! We were fortunate enough to play up until the third week of January, but have been sidelined because of snow until yesterday.

Edited by MPAndreassi
  • Like 1

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

4 minutes ago, MPAndreassi said:

It's been a long couple of weeks here, I'd imagine even worse up there! We were fortunate enough to play up until the third week of January, but have been sidelined because of snow until yesterday,

Oh man, you guys are lucky! My last round was November 29th...just been hitting balls in the basement, garage/driveway, and simulators since then.

Feel like I actually got better over the Winter though, and flipped my whole bag, so ready to rock & roll as soon as the snow melts!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

35 minutes ago, beluga99 said:

Beautiful bag.  The TSi2/3 getting a lot of love as are the Ventus shafts.  Might have to pick up a new driver.  Hit 'em well.

Thank you! I played the Ventus line last year also in a G410 LST driver, a SIM Ti fairway and a SIM UDI. It’s been so good that I felt I could move to something a bit faster and lower spin in the driver and not give up much consistency. So far I haven’t lost any and the TSi3 is quite a bit faster, for me, than the LST was. I got rid of the SIM Ti pretty quick. It wasn’t my favorite off of the fairway, and it just went too long off of the tee for what I wanted out of it. Hit the TSi2s and they’re the best all around fairways I’ve hit in a long time. 

• Like 1

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

1 minute ago, beluga99 said:

I hear you on the LST vs the TSi3.  I found more club head and ball speed with the Titliest.  Plus it looks and feels awesome! 

It’s going to sound terrible, but as soon as I saw it and hit it I knew it would be in the bag regardless of what the numbers were. I figured I’d be able to find something that worked with it to get the numbers in a good spot. It just won the beauty contest and I couldn’t look at the Ping anymore no matter how good I hit it 😂

• Haha 1

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

On 3/7/2021 at 5:47 PM, MPAndreassi said:

It’s going to sound terrible, but as soon as I saw it and hit it I knew it would be in the bag regardless of what the numbers were. I figured I’d be able to find something that worked with it to get the numbers in a good spot. It just won the beauty contest and I couldn’t look at the Ping anymore no matter how good I hit it 😂

Ha!  Admittedly I'm a Titleist fan, but I feel the same about it!  Waiting on warm weather and some orthopedic issues to get fit for it too...  Love the bag, classy sticks.  Hope its a good season for you.

Titleist TS3 9.5 Tour AD UB 6x
Titleist TS3 15 Tour AD DI 7x
Titleist 917 F2 18 Tour AD DI 8x or U500 3 AMT White
Titleist T100 4-9 AMT White
Vokey SM8 46.10F SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08F DG Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350gm

4 hours ago, qwertyb22 said:

Ha!  Admittedly I'm a Titleist fan, but I feel the same about it!  Waiting on warm weather and some orthopedic issues to get fit for it too...  Love the bag, classy sticks.  Hope its a good season for you.

I was never a big fan of I’ve brand in particular. I have always just played what works, but this year i fell into this Titleist bag and love it all. It’s the first time I’ve played irons or wedges from them. I’ve noticed quite a few long time Vokey guys say they preferred the SM7 to the 8 which is probably why I ended up liking them. Looks like the weather is finally turning this week. Public courses are starting to open up and the range at my club just opened today thankfully. Have a good season!

1 hour ago, Obsessed said:

Nice setup!

Thank you! 

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

I can't believe how beat up those clubs look considering how new they are, you must play like 100 rounds a year! I'm very jealous!

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

5 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I can't believe how beat up those clubs look considering how new they are, you must play like 100 rounds a year! I'm very jealous!

We got lucky down here with winter, for the most part. I played probably close to 40 rounds, when I started playing again, between August and the end of January. We got shut down with 6 weeks of snow, but we’re back up and running again as of this past week. Our handicap posting window runs April 1st-November 14th, I’m going to make the effort to try to log 150 “official” rounds this year. The lockdowns were the best thing to happen to my golf game. Get to work from home, and schedule myself now so I definitely get way more opportunities to sneak out and play.  

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

1 minute ago, MPAndreassi said:

We got lucky down here with winter, for the most part. I played probably close to 40 rounds, when I started playing again, between August and the end of January. We got shut down with 6 weeks of snow, but we’re back up and running again as of this past week. Our handicap posting window runs April 1st-November 14th, I’m going to make the effort to try to log 150 “official” rounds this year. The lockdowns were the best thing to happen to my golf game. Get to work from home, and schedule myself now so I definitely get way more opportunities to sneak out and play.  

I know what you mean on that, in fact i left my old company in Q4 and work for a California based company remotely now. I rarely have meetings before noon eastern. 

My goal is to play 80-90 rounds this year

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

6 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I know what you mean on that, in fact i left my old company in Q4 and work for a California based company remotely now. I rarely have meetings before noon eastern. 

My goal is to play 80-90 rounds this year

That’s awesome! Plenty of time to get out and play before any work starts. 80-90 rounds up there is probably close to 100-120 down here with your shorter season.

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

27 minutes ago, CDLgolf said:

Good looking set up. I think my next golf relared purchase is going to be Seamus headcovers. Yours look great.

Thanks! They’re great. The quality is very good, they’re easy on and off but don’t fall off on their own. I walk most of my rounds so something easy to get on and off was important. 

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

2 hours ago, J_Tizzle said:

Those Ventus Reds are just awesome looking.  Read a lot of good things about them in fairways.  Do you have them tipped any different or just playing standard tipping on them?

It’s really good for me. It flies high vying very flat. Not super spinny. I’m playing mine tipped 2”. I wish they had an 80 gram version I’d put it in the 4 wood as well. The retail aftermarket versions stop at the 70s, tour issue in the 90

• Like 1

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

• MPAndreassi changed the title to MPAndreassi's WITB - Ball Testing: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash v.s. Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I played the Left Dash(LD) all last season, and loved it. It's the best current ball on the market for me, although there are some things that could be improved on. I'd prefer if it flew a touch lower. Would love to see something like the AVX, but the compression of the Left Dash. When Callaway announced the new ball it caught my interest right away. So far I've played two rounds with the Chrome Soft X LS (LS) at my home course and the results have been pretty good, but will be testing it this upcoming week as we're supposed to have some beautiful weather. I'll give my initial impressions below:

Driver

They seem to be very similar distance wise. LD seems to have a higher apex for me, but very flat flying. This is one of the things I would like changed about the LD, something that hits it a bit lower.

Long Irons

Flight was similar, again the LS was just a touch lower apex wise. Spin is hard to judge right now with the course being so soft after the winter snow here. Haven't had issues with either leaping forward or spinning back.

Short Irons/Wedges

This is where I started to notice the biggest differences. The LS is definitely lower spinning for me. The LD usually hits the green and spins back a little bit. I was actually getting a few inches of forward movement with the LS. 

Greenside

Neither spin a lot, but they're both very predictable and consistent for me. I didn't have any issues hitting shots around the greens whether it be something that takes a few bounces and runs out or a one hop and check shot.

Putter/Feel

Really hard to tell the difference between the two balls based off of the feel with full swings. Both are high compression, and feel firm. They both have a definite click off of the putter. I know this is a big deal for a lot of you, but for me it's the least important thing. 

Wind

I haven't had to play the LS in any real wind yet, but this is another weakness of the LD for me. The flight is just a little too high for me, and even though the spin is low it still takes a beating when it gets really windy. 

Durability

This is the only knock that I have so far on the LS. I start my rounds with a new ball on 1 and 10, but had to sub in the LS early. The cover seems to chew up pretty easily with wedges. The LD could easily stretch 12-13 holes for me, but the LS I swapped out before the turn during both rounds. 

------------

Final Verdict

The rest of my testing pretty much echoed how my initial impression went. Overall they played pretty similarly for me. The Left Dash was a bit more consistent for me with my partial wedges into the green, and the durability was better from what I saw. With those two things in mind I'll be sticking with the Left Dash, but would have no issues playing the Callaway if I can't find the Left Dash. Out of all the other balls out there, the X LS is the closest for me in terms of performance to the LD. 

Edited by MPAndreassi

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

• MPAndreassi changed the title to MPAndreassi's WITB - Added: The other guys

Here's some extras that I have lying around the see some bag time. I've gone back to playing the Ventus Black 7x at 44 1/2" in my TSi3 full time as I'm in a groove with that right now. I'll swap the Black 6x at 46" into the TSi3, add the TS2 and drop my TSi2 4 wood at some local courses where I don't need it off of the fairway. 

The SM8 M grind will see plenty of course time once the fairways here dry out come summer, and the beginning of the fall. The low bounce K above has excelled in the soft, soggy conditions we're playing in currently.

Over the winter I sold off all of the putters I had, and started from scratch. The first one I decided to keep was the PXG One and Done, which has been great. However, I get pretty tired of looking at the same one all the time so I added the Squareback 2 below. I also have a Byron Morgan 620 on order that should be done in the next couple of weeks.

Mini-Driver

Titleist TS2

10.5 degrees, C1 setting

Accra Tour Z X475 M5

42 1/2", tipped 1"

Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Midsize 2+1

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM8

58-8* M -- 61 1/2* -- 35 5/8"

True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

Putter

Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

3* -- 68* -- 33" -- 375g

25g x 2 

Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability

Lamkin Deep Etched Cord 0+1

IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

Edited by MPAndreassi

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

• MPAndreassi changed the title to MPAndreassi's WITB - Added: The other guys and ball final decision
  • 2 weeks later...

@MPAndreassi that mini driver instead of a 3 wood is the bag setup i always wanted. Were you able to get it to swing weight correctly while maintaining the shaft flex? 

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

2 minutes ago, provx said:

@MPAndreassi that mini driver instead of a 3 wood is the bag setup i always wanted. Were you able to get it to swing weight correctly while maintaining the shaft flex? 

Head weight is ~217 grams, without the adapter so just about the average 3 wood head weight. I tipped the shaft 1 1/2”, like I play my 4 wood. Swing weight sits right at D3-4. I’m playing in my local section Mid-Am qualifier this weekend and it’ll be in the bag.

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

22 minutes ago, MPAndreassi said:

Head weight is ~217 grams, without the adapter so just about the average 3 wood head weight. I tipped the shaft 1 1/2”, like I play my 4 wood. Swing weight sits right at D3-4. I’m playing in my local section Mid-Am qualifier this weekend and it’ll be in the bag.

Is that a typical head weight for that driver or were you able to hand pick that one

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

3 minutes ago, provx said:

Is that a typical head weight for that driver or were you able to hand pick that one

No, I think the original head weight was around 195g. I put in a heavy weight from the TS2 fairway woods, and added that little bit of lead tape to finish it off. 

Edited by MPAndreassi

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

• MPAndreassi changed the title to MPAndreassi's WITB - Can’t believe this one is sticking around

I’ve had the 7 wood in the bag for awhile now and I love it, but with the windy weather we’ve been having it has struggled a bit. I wanted to add something to that spot in the bag that’s a little lower flighted. I have never loved hybrids, but after a few rounds I think this one may hang around for a bit. 

Titleist TSi3 

18 degrees, C1 setting, T weight position

Fujikura Ventus Black HB 10tx

40 1/2", tipped 1"

412203F0-5233-4BD5-9757-C6F568ACD1F1.jpeg

487E0049-CB0B-46F4-BC11-83CC0DFA4A26.jpeg

DAE6F8DC-0210-4C84-B4CE-D3E52171CEB2.jpeg

Edited by MPAndreassi
  • Like 1

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

• MPAndreassi changed the title to MPAndreassi's WITB - TSi 3 hybrid is IN the bag!

Quick little follow up and review on the TSi3 hybrid. 

It shouldn't come as a shock to me, with how good the whole TSi line is, but this is one of the best hybrids I've tried in a long time. The ability to set the lie angle flat, open the face and put that weight out in the toe takes the left out of it completely. I haven't found a hybrid that I liked enough to keep in the bag for a considerable amount of time since the 2009 TaylorMade Rescue TPs. I've played about half a dozen rounds with mine now and hit it on 4-6 tee shots at home course depending on the conditions that day. To be as short as possible, it's phenomenal. It does everything that I could ask of it, it doesn't have any inherent hook bias in it. The ones that do go left are definitely my fault. The sound of it is great, it sounds much more like an iron than a wood. It took some time adjusting to the sound since it is so muted, to be honest. It goes quite far as well. Given it's size, and shape I would say that it's on the forgiving side and not all that difficult to hit for its target audience. The flight is definitely lower than my 7 wood, TSi2 with Ventus Red, and fills the role of exactly what I was looking for. Something to hit on the windy days here. It elevates nicely off the deck, but definitely has more of a boring flight compared to the 7 wood. The 7 wood will be back once the spring winds die down, and the courses gets firmer and faster. I wish I had some monitor numbers to share with you guys, but unfortunately I do not at this time. 

Also added another putter to the never ending rotation based on my mood. 

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten S Tour Lined

3* -- 68* -- 36" -- 385g

KBS CT Tour

SuperStroke Traxion Tour 2.0XL

50g counter weight

482C225C-E1BE-4B62-BE03-8BD69F29B32D.jpeg

C7A21B58-5116-4C9C-A31A-743EF0B06A22.jpeg

FCA8E722-EF0C-454D-ABA0-8BAC95657979.jpeg

Edited by MPAndreassi

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

• MPAndreassi changed the title to MPAndreassi's WITB - U500 added

Just adding this to the bag and taking out my 4 iron. Will get its first round tomorrow morning. I’ve been jonesing to get a utility iron back in the bag as I’ve had good success with them. I was playing my 4 iron 2 degrees strong (20*) so just throwing in the U500 3 at standard loft. Not sure if the shaft with stay the same, but I’ll find out in the next week or so. 

Titleist U500 3

True Temper Dynamic Gold X7

20* -- 58 1/2* -- 38 7/8"

B12027A0-476E-430F-A965-00BEBAF627E4.jpeg

3563011C-8A9C-45D9-8851-48886DC62F06.jpeg

Edited by MPAndreassi
  • Like 2

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

Bettinardi BKS #1

• MPAndreassi changed the title to MPAndreassi's WITB - Budding Betti Collection Update