I see today where the Scottish PM loosened restrictions on “outside gatherings” I’m looking for information on if this pertains to golf, but I don’t think it does. Can anyone confirm?

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G410 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 7wd @ Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Reg
Ping g25 5-PW Steelfiber i95 Reg
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50* Mid, 54* Full @ 55, 58* Low @ 60 Hi Rev 2.0 Reg
Evnroll TR8 33"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK....that's one case. 24 million golfers in the world. Playing say 1 round per week on avge. Say over 26 weeks. That's 624 million rounds. 1 case. I'll take it.

Golf in Scotland is open and has been during this lockdown.  We have just recently been allowed to play as 4 instead of just 2.  Still locals only.  

I told the other 11 on my trip to get vaccinated or I won't be responsible for any refunds if they get denied at the border lol.  All vaxxed and waiting patiently.

1 hour ago, hammergolf said:

I see today where the Scottish PM loosened restrictions on “outside gatherings” I’m looking for information on if this pertains to golf, but I don’t think it does. Can anyone confirm?

Waiting on confirmation from Scottish Golf but I would say Yes it does pertain to golf. Adults will be allowed to participate in non contact sports in groups upto 15 from Friday.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TheROK said:

Waiting on confirmation from Scottish Golf but I would say Yes it does pertain to golf. Adults will be allowed to participate in non contact sports in groups upto 15 from Friday.

That’s great news

Evnroll TR8 33"

9 hours ago, Chanceman said:

I wonder how many Covid cases have been incurred on a golf course - my guess is zero!!!

Exactly, about the safest activity possible.

• Like 1

Evnroll TR8 33"

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ousuxndallas said:

Agree. If you haven't figured out yet that this whole thing is not about COVID, then i don't know what to tell you. But I digress... 

On 3/10/2021 at 1:17 AM, Chanceman said:

I wonder how many Covid cases have been incurred on a golf course - my guess is zero!!!

Actually, There was a transmission and infection at a Bandon Dunes outing/trip.  Now, it may not have happened 'on the course' - it is technically unknown.  Based on the 'tracing', the folks think it was either at a sit down after a round, putting/picking up food orders or on the Punch Bowl with a bunch of people around.   But the assessment ended up that it happened at the course/resort (there was no cases on the flights from the people that got it, there were no known resort employees that had it during that time).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, FairwayFred said:

Golf in Scotland is open and has been during this lockdown.  We have just recently been allowed to play as 4 instead of just 2.  Still locals only.  

Thanks for the update.

Evnroll TR8 33"

14 hours ago, Chanceman said:

OK....that's one case. 24 million golfers in the world. Playing say 1 round per week on avge. Say over 26 weeks. That's 624 million rounds. 1 case. I'll take it.

The statement was simply as an answer to your question...not to start a debate of whether to take it or not.  Purely a digital answer to a question.

• 1 month later...

Any updates on golf in Scotland? Is there still a two week quarantine for visitors from the US?

Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 deg w/MR Tensei Orange R
Woods: Ping G425 5w & 7w w/MR Tensei Orange R
Hybrid: PXG 25 w/MR Tensei Red R
Irons: Ping i200 5-U w/Project X 5.5 LZ
Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Gorge S w/DG Spinner/Cleveland 588 60 Tour Issue w/DG S400
Putter: Gamer Arizonan 
Ball: Titleist ProV1x 

1 hour ago, njlam said:

Any updates on golf in Scotland? Is there still a two week quarantine for visitors from the US?

A very simple google search gives the following.

Travelling to Scotland from abroad

You should only travel to Scotland if you have an essential reason to do so. At the moment, holidays are not a legal reason to travel.

If you do have an essential reason to travel from abroad, it is likely you will need to isolate in a hotel or at home in Scotland for at least 10 days after you arrive. What you need to do depends on whether your journey is directly to Scotland or not. 

The situation is evolving worldwide, so it is important that you check all guidance before you travel.

Cobra RAD Speed 9* : Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra RAD Speed 3W : Graphite Design AD TP8-S

Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Ventus Blue HB 8-S

Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54: Nippon 115-S Wedge

Cobra MIM Black 58 : Nippon 125-S Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

In January 2020 I had booked a trip for April 2021 (this week) to TOC/Muirfield/North Berwick/Troon/Prestwick/Turnberry/Carnousitie/Kingsbarn/Castle.

Obviously the trip has been postponed, first to July 2021, now to July 2022, and possibly to 2023 (because TOC and Muirfield will be hard to get in 2022 due to M&W Open Championships).

Here on the west coast of the US, things seem to be getting worse before they can get better, despite all that were scheduled to go on our trip have been vaccinated.

Hoping the world gets back to normal soon. If The Opens prevent us from going to Scotland in 2022, we may go to Ireland and move the Scotland trip to 2023.

Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 deg w/MR Tensei Orange R
Woods: Ping G425 5w & 7w w/MR Tensei Orange R
Hybrid: PXG 25 w/MR Tensei Red R
Irons: Ping i200 5-U w/Project X 5.5 LZ
Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Gorge S w/DG Spinner/Cleveland 588 60 Tour Issue w/DG S400
Putter: Gamer Arizonan 
Ball: Titleist ProV1x 

On 4/26/2021 at 8:45 PM, jvincent said:

A very simple google search gives the following.

Travelling to Scotland from abroad

You should only travel to Scotland if you have an essential reason to do so. At the moment, holidays are not a legal reason to travel.

If you do have an essential reason to travel from abroad, it is likely you will need to isolate in a hotel or at home in Scotland for at least 10 days after you arrive. What you need to do depends on whether your journey is directly to Scotland or not. 

The situation is evolving worldwide, so it is important that you check all guidance before you travel.

Hopefully that will change as more people are being vaccinated daily. Crossing our fingers for our trip to Ireland in late September.

Evnroll TR8 33"

9 hours ago, cjblake09 said:

We are still holding out hope for our trip this July but i think it is time to throw in the towel and just rebook for 2022.  Giving it a couple more weeks as a couple guys have not given up hope yet.

I hope for you guys you can make it over, but selfishly it's making a trip up the road much easier for me. I've had a look at the ballot for TOC the last couple of days since Scotland opened up for cross border UK travel and there are so many free spots. Granted the weather isn't forecast great the next few days but if things hold out I might plan a trip up in the next couple of months.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, cjblake09 said:

We are still holding out hope for our trip this July but i think it is time to throw in the towel and just rebook for 2022.  Giving it a couple more weeks as a couple guys have not given up hope yet.

Why give up so soon?  We are scheduled for departure July 28th, and I'm pretty confident we will be going.  The UK will likely be opening for international leisure travel starting around May 17th, and for green listed countries there will be no quarantine or test requirement for vaccinated persons.  And the US will certainly be on the list of green countries.

It's likely Scotland will follow suit, although Nicola Sturgeon is so stuck up her own a** to prove how independent Scotland is from the UK that she will likely delay the implementation of the same plan by a few weeks.  I'd guess early June at the latest.

To be honest, I think you're in the sweet spot with a trip in July.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can see where getting that close can cause some angst.  In our case, knowing we will just rebook for the following summer and have no change fees, etc we are willing to ride it out until the last minute.

I've already got a hold on the same rental house in St. Andrews for a week next summer and I'll just book around that if I need to.  Pretty much the same song and dance as last summer.   Also, we didn't have an Old Course tee time on the books, which is by far the hardest thing to rebook.

In the same time frame as cjblake - trip to Wales/Scotland tentatively planned for mid-July through early August.

Nervous not only about the golf (which would be first week of August), but the general open-ness of the pubs, attractions, etc. around that time.  Spending that much time and money on a trip where a lot of the country is kind of half-opened is not sounding good.

We had set a late May time frame for making the call on moving the whole thing out to 2022

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

2 hours ago, spud3 said:

In the same time frame as cjblake - trip to Wales/Scotland tentatively planned for mid-July through early August.

Nervous not only about the golf (which would be first week of August), but the general open-ness of the pubs, attractions, etc. around that time.  Spending that much time and money on a trip where a lot of the country is kind of half-opened is not sounding good.

We had set a late May time frame for making the call on moving the whole thing out to 2022

I'll be shocked if pubs, etc aren't open in July.  Scotland and the UK have had aggressive and highly successful vaccination efforts.

We already have pubs / restraurants open for outdoor drinking / dining for places that have the space. The remainder of places for indoor food and drink are likely to open as the Roadmap, which should be 21 June, unless something significant happens between now and then.

I don't think golf course clubhouses are open but a lot of golf clubs have external seating for your post-round pint.

1 hour ago, jonnymc44 said:

We already have pubs / restraurants open for outdoor drinking / dining for places that have the space. The remainder of places for indoor food and drink are likely to open as the Roadmap, which should be 21 June, unless something significant happens between now and then.

I don't think golf course clubhouses are open but a lot of golf clubs have external seating for your post-round pint.

As far as I can tell, y'all have actually been about a week ahead of the roadmap on most reopenings right?

8 minutes ago, LiquidKarma said:

As far as I can tell, y'all have actually been about a week ahead of the roadmap on most reopenings right?

To be honest I've not kept too much of a close eye on it, just done what I've been told week-on-week. 21 June is the 'back to normal' date. July and beyond I'd be pretty confident as an overseas visitor that everything goes ahead, dependent on which country you're from and vaccination status.

2 minutes ago, jonnymc44 said:

To be honest I've not kept too much of a close eye on it, just done what I've been told week-on-week. 21 June is the 'back to normal' date. July and beyond I'd be pretty confident as an overseas visitor that everything goes ahead, dependent on which country you're from and vaccination status.

I told the other 11 on my trip to get vaccinated or I won't be responsible for any refunds if they get denied at the border lol.  All vaxxed and waiting patiently.

• Like 2