2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What'd You Shoot Today?

Gxgolfer

Well pretty much since my last post all my rounds are damn near the same, I play like poop on the front nine and shoot a 43 or 44 then a 38 or 39 on the back, including my last round where I start off the day with the In and Out Burger (Double Double) and end up playing bogey golf on the front with a 45 then turn around to shoot 39 on the back. :russian_roulette: :russian_roulette:

We did play a quick 9 holes in the afternoon and I hit the longest drive of my life. The hole says 396 on the card the tee boxes were moved up to about 375 and I smashed a drive with a bit of anger and breeze behind us and left myself about a 15 yard pitch to a center pin location. Normally anything around 280-295 would be a great bomb for me. I still dont know how this one ended up being around 350-360. I was lauging to much to hit a good pitch, ended up with par :black eye:

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Well pretty much since my last post all my rounds are damn near the same, I play like poop on the front nine and shoot a 43 or 44 then a 38 or 39 on the back, including my last round where I start off the day with the In and Out Burger (Double Double) and end up playing bogey golf on the front with a 45 then turn around to shoot 39 on the back. :russian_roulette: :russian_roulette:

We did play a quick 9 holes in the afternoon and I hit the longest drive of my life. The hole says 396 on the card the tee boxes were moved up to about 375 and I smashed a drive with a bit of anger and breeze behind us and left myself about a 15 yard pitch to a center pin location. Normally anything around 280-295 would be a great bomb for me. I still dont know how this one ended up being around 350-360. I was lauging to much to hit a good pitch, ended up with par :black eye:

lol seriously, that drive was a BOMB!

Played 36 yesterday shot an 81 on the first 18, follwed it up with an 80 on the 2nd 18. Pretty good for me,especially since Ive had some total crap rounds as of late. I even made some clutch putts which is not my style at all lol.

PS Matt, the greens were just rolled at Ahwatukee, they are soooo good! Seriously you just give it a little tap and watch it go. Just hope the hole is in the way to stop it, I played with some guys who had little 4 or 5 footers that missed the hole and ran off the green!

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

I am playing the Duke again sunday morning, but it sounds like I will be stopping by Awhatukee to get in an afternoon 18 if the greens are rolling like that again. I should bring my buddies back out so I can take some more $$$ from them ;) . I just wish they will start cutting the greens and rolling them like that at the Duke.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Matt, if youre gonna play at the CC on Sunday afternoon, I suggest calling ahead to make sure you can get in. This weekend is the member guest tourney and its pretty packed out there, and the groups start making the turn around 3(shotgun start). I played friday at 215 and finished at sunset.

BTW, Terry said that they will be cutting the greens down at the duke to get them rolling the same as Ahwatukee

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

83 today. Damn it. I need to break 80 again or Im gonna start blaming my clubs lol.

So many putts that lipped out. So many drives that left me with a nice easy short iron or wedge in that I totally screwed up. One birdie on a 260 yard par 4 that I put my 3 wood over the green on, chipped it off the hill behind the green to 2 inches from an eagle. But alas, I can make 2 inch birdie putts. That seems to be my comfort zone at the moment lol

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

so I played 36 on tuesday, had a decent front 9 and a piece of s*** back nine. I think it was a 39 on the front followed by 46 on the back lol.

then played another 18 and 38 and 41 for a 79, finally broke 80 again! Had a 5 footer for par on 18 to get in at 79 and I let out a giant sigh of relief when it rolled in.

then shot an 81 on Weds 42 and a 39.

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

Played 36 yesterday. Shot 80 at Glenmoor Country Club in the morning. Just couldn't get into a good rhythm, and didn't feel comfortable on the greens. In the afternoon, played Brookside Country Club shot 74. Swing felt good, hit the driver well, hit 13 greens, but had 30 putts. I just can't find ANYTHING with the putter right now!

Played 12 holes with Ari and Patrick at Lookout Mountain GC and was 7 over with six 3 putts and hitting 9/12 greens yesterday. Today I played 18 with some friends and shot 66 with a 31 on the back nine with only 9 putts and 24 total. Funny what a days difference makes. The green at Lookout are evil.

Lookout Mt in Chattanooga? Those greens are evil!

Played 12 holes with Ari and Patrick at Lookout Mountain GC and was 7 over with six 3 putts and hitting 9/12 greens yesterday. Today I played 18 with some friends and shot 66 with a 31 on the back nine with only 9 putts and 24 total. Funny what a days difference makes. The green at Lookout are evil.

Lookout Mt in Chattanooga? Those greens are evil!

Yea I 3 putted twice from 10 feet. How much have you played there?

I shot...oh wait, I counted 17,576,068 rain drops today.

Instead I bought clubs...sigh...

Tuesday I shot a 76 for my 5th round of the year, another tough course (i gotta stop playing hard courses lol) 75.7 rating, 146 slope.

Yet again the putting killed me with 34 putts while hitting 11 GIR's...

Story of my life ah well almost hitting 70% of GIR this season so far so I can't complain.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been mentally working on my swing as I have lost it a bit the last few months and I think really over the last year or so

I am finally back on track and hit a solide 14 greens in regulation today for a smooth 82

LMAO six three putts a four putt and a nine

Our greens are horrid right now and although I was not rolling it that bad from outside five ft from inside five feet I sucked I have no idea howmany thirty inchers I missed Its not a new problem for me and I am not looking for tips I just find it humorus

My highlight was birdieing three of the next four after the nine.

A few milestones today. Shot 77 (39/38), pretty standard fare... except that I had a 9 on the 9th hole (par 5) after losing two balls in two different hazards... Can't remember the last time I had a 9. But that was preceeded by an eagle on the 8th. In fact, had 4 3's in a row (5-8) and was -3 for those 4 holes.

Finally some nice weather in the Northeast. After bumbling around all winter in oversized winter clothes and raingear I was able to play in short sleeves yesterday and break out the ProV's. Shot 73 (par 71) at a local course (Royal Oaks). Wind was a factor (as were the quick greens) but tee to green I was solid. Missed 2 birdie putts of 8 foot.

so, only second round back after knee surgery on thursday, shot 76. pretty happy with that, off 10hdcp.

3-putted from 11ft on 2 - ugly. finished front nine 5-5-5 (par 4-5-4) to finish 3-over 39 for front.

bit sketchy holes 11-13, but only dropped 1 shot, then birdied 14 to get back to +3.

then, ugly moment no.2 of the round, a 1putt double bogey 6 at the fairly simple par 4 15th, followed by another 6 (par 5) at 16. consecutive 6's, nasty.

wanted to finish birdie-birdie, gave myself chances on both, but missed the putts on both. so, a 3-over 37 on the back.

all in all, more positives than negatives.

first round back after surgery was flat out ugly, shot 89, having started 9-6. left a very bitter taste in the mouth. this 2nd round back was much more like it.

shot needs tightening up some, but all in all pretty happy.

• 1 month later...

Shot 76 at Houston Oaks in Paris, KY today, not a bad score concedering I had three doubles! did 38-38 Houston Oaks is know for very fast greens and I had no 3 putts, and for me that in itself is a great accomplishment. Feel like my games is coming back after the winter blues but we will see if it gets here in time for the USGA Senior AM

I had one of the weirdest rounds i've ever had today..

I started just driving the ball horribly, massive hooks, and mishit after mishit with the big dog. After doubling the easy first hole and then hitting OB on the second and making a triple i gave up on scoring and eventually it added up to a 16 over par 52, my worst score for nine holes in a couple of years.

I then proceeded to shoot a 32 on the back side, 3 birdies, crisp iron shots, rolling the putts in and scrambling well.

Very very strange but i certainly enjoyed the second half, having been made embarrassingly angry by the front side.

^ :lol: I had a similar round today in the Division 1 Medals I was playing in. My front nine was awful, shot 6+ (front nine is par 36), but on the back nine, I completely ripped the course apart only going +2 which is a reecord for me on the back nine. So, in the end, my round worked out very nicely and shot even after a really poor start.