What'd You Shoot Today?

Gxgolfer

It was the best of times , it was the worst of times……

94 it was never the best of times. Played 15 holes without hitting a driver more than 150 yards at best. The last 3 holes used a 3 wood. Should of gone to it after the 3rd hole. Every shot was a pop up to the first baseman. 

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver PXG 0811 X G4 10.5 set to 9.5
3 Wood Adam’s Tight Lie 16 degrees
3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 17 20 23 degrees 
6-GW PXG 0311 XP G4
52 Degree PXG 0311 wedge 
56 degree PXG 0311 wedge 

Sacks Parenti 39 Putting Instrument 

You might want to keep it in the fairway, the right rough is looking a bit wet. 🤣

That's usually a field, not a lake.

PXL_20211119_211752806~2.jpg

• Like 1

Taylormade M6 D Type driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Honma XP-1 3 and 5 wood 

Taylormade GAPR Lo 19* Hybrid 

Byrdie Golf Designs split cavity 4-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Nike Blue Chip 002 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips

What a fantastic round. McKay Creek had a tournament, but Sunset Grove looked wide open last night so I got there pretty early and it was packed. Called Forest Hills and he said he can send me off the back if I get there quick. Having never played there, I wrongly assumed 10 was down the hill and that was 1. The tee signs were down, so I had no idea. 

Turns out I jumped into the middle of the ladies club. They were only a threesome, so they invited me to join. I ended up playing 18 because I was having so much fun. Carol, Mo, and Renae were lovely and said I was welcome to join them any time. I walked and it was a bit of an a** kicker. The back is pretty hilly. I would have felt bad in a cart, though.

• Like 1

Honma XP-1 3 and 5 wood 

61, which is +1 on a par 60. I struck the ball relatively poorly for the first ~12 or so holes, but putted unreal, so made 5 birdies. Then, started to strike the ball well but couldn't score to save my life. Good round overall, but +1 with 5 birdies didn't feel as good as it should have. 

Take away - I am a solid putter, especially on greens that roll true. I play a lot on courses with shaggy / bumpy greens and feel like my putting isn't great as a result, but every time I play somewhere with pure greens, I'm pleasantly surprised by my putter. Yesterday was a perfect example where I was +3 strokes gained vs. scratch according to Arccos. 

Non-conforming footwear. 

PXL_20211122_162929678~2.jpg

Honma XP-1 3 and 5 wood 

Started off the day great when a dude in the group behind us on the 1st was cussing at the group in front of for playing slow and bitching that I was playing the back tees. 

Teed off on 1 (on time, the group in front wasn’t that slow) and tripled it. 2-12 was 1 par, 7 bogeys and 3 doubles. That led to 13… Tee shot went right to a small drain/creek area that is a red penalty area. The ball was between two roots. The smart play was to take the drop, but I thought that I could punch it out. Two hacks at it later and the ball moving 0, I took my drop and then punched out to the fairway. 

Now I’m sitting 5 about 240 out. Try the 2 iron and put it into another penalty area. I was able to find the ball and learned my lesson and dropped. I’m sitting 7 at about 100 out, take 2 shots to get to green then 3 putt for a smooth 12.  Bogey, double, double, par, double to finish at 102.  Really wish that blowup didn’t happen, but I still had a great time. 

Best round ever yesterday, 67.

50 years old, 55 degrees and breezy

16/18 greens

I love this game, never know when a round like that is coming.

• Like 3

TSi3 RDX black 
Radspeed 3w-RDX black 
Radspeed 5w-RDX black
F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 

F9 24* hybrid Hzrdus smoke 
T200 6-G LZ
MD5 52-56
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

Weekly score dump.

Saturday 11/20 - 79.  Afternoon round.  Course wasn't crowded and the weather was near perfect for fall.

Tuesday 11/23 - 83.  First group of the day.  28° when we teed off.  That's freaking cold for this part of the world.  Took us 7 or 8 holes to loosen up.  45 on the front, 38 on the back.

Wednesday 11/24 - 81.  Late morning round.  Nothing special except 1 lost ball in the middle of the fairway.  F!%#ing leaves.

Playing Friday and Sunday as well.  Darn extended family get-togethers disrupt my off-season routine.

Over 100 yesterday AGAIN :o( The break #100 challenge between my friend & I is still on but we both need to get back to the range I think haha

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

Cobra F8 10.5* - Tensei CK Blue

Cobra F9 5W 18.5* - Fujikura Pro 2.0 6R

Mizuno JPX919 HM 5-PW - DG120 S300

CBX2 Black Satin 50 & 54

TP Collection Patina Soto

Shot 88 today. My back is still recovering but overall I'm pretty happy with the score. Only had 1 blow up hole. Had 4 looks at birdie with 6 feet but only converted 1. Just need to spend some more time on the putting green and on the mat at the house and I'll be able to convert them no problem.

74… 3 bogeys and missed 5 birdie putts inside 10 feet.   Didn’t 3 putt all day but couldn’t make the ones I needed to. 

Taylormade M3 9*  KBS TD Cat4

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

Ended up playing Friday/Saturday instead of Friday/Sunday.

Friday - 79.  Good round, but trailing knee was killing me by 15.  Just survived the last 3 holes.

Saturday - 81.  Solid round with nothing special.  Putter saved me after some errant long irons.  Knee still aching.  It sucks getting old.

Got to play 18 with my son yesterday, 57° and windy. He had a 40 on the front with a couple drives that went OB. Posted a 32 on the back with an eagle and 3 birdies plus a bogey. Eagle was a 60 yd pitch in, one of his birdies was a wedge from 120 yds out to tap in from a few inches. I shot 40-40 its ok, we had a great time and a nice walk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phabs said:

3 bogeys and missed 5 birdie putts inside 10 feet.

These have got to be the worst rounds IMO.. Feels nice to be able to scramble around hitting the ball well but when the birdies don't drop you want to cry.

Couple weeks back I played 16 holes with a total of 0 birdies. However 10 birdie putts finished directly on the lip or about an inch away. Keeps you coming back lol

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra RadSpeed 9.0* Ventus Blue 7X

3w:         Cobra RadSpeed 14.5* /  Ventus Blue 7X

Utility   Srixon ZX 18* / Ventus Black HB 10TX
Irons:      Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-PW / Project X LS 6.5
Wedges:  Mizuno T20 Raw 50, 54, 58 / Project X LS 6.0

Putter:    Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

15 minutes ago, rooski said:

These have got to be the worst rounds IMO.. Feels nice to be able to scramble around hitting the ball well but when the birdies don't drop you want to cry.

Couple weeks back I played 16 holes with a total of 0 birdies. However 10 birdie putts finished directly on the lip or about an inch away. Keeps you coming back lol

Tee time at 900 am … I’m pissed 🤣

• Like 1

Taylormade M3 9*  KBS TD Cat4

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

8 hours ago, rooski said:

Hang in there roo..... the Pro's only make 2-4 a round, the Pro's 5-6 on a great round.

• Like 1

Played Saterday, decent 73… 32 on the front!h970A8F30-577A-4E9A-A205-2C1A6E9DE2FB.jpeg.20cbd14e894fa62e21a0e0a5cde860cc.jpeg00811B3B-9E9C-4AAA-A31E-EF0556655320.jpeg.617e5a909bd4cbf25b6b41ee28ee6a88.jpeg21A8C344-E330-46EF-B76A-B6D243B2E3DE.jpeg.6f247e3cc03668d315daaa9ff1045aa2.jpegA91B4CE3-5EED-4364-B6B5-A0895DE197DA.jpeg.b930ea1b279c933d2a961132fbd5b582.jpeg

• Like 1

Cobra SZ Driver, Fujikura Pro Blue 73, X

Cobra Fly Z Fairway, UST Elements Fire, 7F5 

Cobra Fly Z Hybrid, Aldila Tour Blue ATX85H 2.3-X

Mizuno MP5 4-PW, True Temper X100

Cleveland RTX 3 50, 54, 60

Odyssey DFX Double Wide / Ping G2 Anser

54 on the indoor golf simulator, playing the front 9 at Augusta.  Short shots (inside 100 or so) are hard, and it was limited by the fact that the simulator technology had everyone shooting about 10% shorter than we'd expected.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

Squeezed in 9 last Wednesday afternoon, played two balls from the Blues - Ball 1 39, Ball 2 41 - Best ball Even 36.

Played 18 holes from the Whites yesterday finishing in the dark, 41 - 44 - 85. Only one double, with a streak of 5 pars. Actually seeing some improvements in scoring from the beginning of the year which is encouraging.

On 11/28/2021 at 8:22 PM, Phabs said:

74… 3 bogeys and missed 5 birdie putts inside 10 feet.   Didn’t 3 putt all day but couldn’t make the ones I needed to. 

Isn’t it funny how we can arrive at the same number, but in different ways?

Same score as you  yesterday, but hit it terrible. One!, yes one, fairway hit (and that one bounced back in after hitting a tree). Five three putts, two lateral punch outs. 
But outside of the two punch outs it seems like the poor drives usually left some kind of play. Ended up hitting 12 greens, converted three of those to birdies and chipped in once for another bird. 

Happy to pocket some cash, but certainly didn’t leave happy with my play. 

• Like 1

I've been just sloppy enough throughout the bag lately to put up some really mediocre/poor numbers. Also been playing in 40*, windy, rainy conditions. 

Weekend before last, I shot an 88 with a ton of pars, no birds, and a couple of blow-ups. Driver was going left, approaches were going right, and the putter could give me nothing but lip-outs. The guys I was playing with thought I was only a few strokes above par. 

Last weekend I managed to clean up my long game, and then for some unknown reason my chipping/pitching became a problem. Must have bladed three or four of 'em. Still a ton of lip-outs too. Had 5 birdie attempts and missed them all - even one from two feet. Ended up with an 84 with 4 doubles on the card. Ugh.

But, overall I am encouraged and really loving the game right now. Just wish I could get out to play more.  

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

The lump isn't as obvious in the pic, but it makes this green tough if you end up on the wrong damn side of it. I had 2 on the wrong side. 🤣 

PXL_20211202_161316668.jpg

Honma XP-1 3 and 5 wood