2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Vessel PLAYER III STAND (3.0)

21 hours ago, sublimegolf said:

Yes, it was pretty bad. I had the 14 way and it was very annoying. Doesn't help that I use midsize grips either. That's the main reason I sold the bag. I'm not sure the dividers go all the way down the bag... 

Would love to hear some observations on how the Vessel Player III does when it comes to club snag with midsize grips if you get a chance! Their website says they'll be back in stock in mid-April -- I signed up for the email notification.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

3 hours ago, eric61 said:

Would love to hear some observations on how the Vessel Player III does when it comes to club snag with midsize grips if you get a chance! Their website says they'll be back in stock in mid-April -- I signed up for the email notification.

This time I went with the 6 way divider so It's not a fair comparison. Definitely doesn't get caught up as much, nothing more frustrating than multiple unsuccessful attempts at trying to remove or return a club. It's been really nice to use so far....very happy with my purchase. The quality and attention to detail is on point...

This is going to sound like an insane question, but for those who have the Player III: Is there room to fit a 13-inch laptop in either of the main side pockets? 

The reason I ask is, I have a lot of afternoons where I'm not stuck at my desk/in the office, but do need to be "on call" and able to hop online quickly on the off chance that something pops up. There are usually enough benches, etc. on golf courses that just throwing a laptop and MiFi in my bag and taking it on my push cart works out well. Gives me peace of mind that I won't have to quit my round and rush back to my car to handle something that really only takes five or 10 minutes. The laptop did fit perfectly in my old bag, but doesn't fit in my current Titleist Players 4 Carbon, which has me thinking about replacing it (or keeping it just as a lightweight option when I'm carrying a partial set, on a weekend or something). 

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

21 hours ago, eric61 said:

This is going to sound like an insane question, but for those who have the Player III: Is there room to fit a 13-inch laptop in either of the main side pockets? 

The reason I ask is, I have a lot of afternoons where I'm not stuck at my desk/in the office, but do need to be "on call" and able to hop online quickly on the off chance that something pops up. There are usually enough benches, etc. on golf courses that just throwing a laptop and MiFi in my bag and taking it on my push cart works out well. Gives me peace of mind that I won't have to quit my round and rush back to my car to handle something that really only takes five or 10 minutes. The laptop did fit perfectly in my old bag, but doesn't fit in my current Titleist Players 4 Carbon, which has me thinking about replacing it (or keeping it just as a lightweight option when I'm carrying a partial set, on a weekend or something). 

My iPad Pro fits really well, it’s the 12.9” version with a keyboard cover.  I’d say the 13” would work as well without an issue.

• Like 1

I ordered my all white 3.0 last thursday and got it delivered today.  Moving on up from my Mizuno stand bag.  The synthetic leather looks luxurious.  What's also unexpected is that it comes with the cart strap cover (protects against cart strap rub); I was going to buy one!  Price is a bit high (I got 10% off for first order) but looks well worth it.

Is anyone else experiencing the stand legs not staying tight against the bag when carrying on your back? The legs on mine kind of hang down and the go back up and slap against the bag with each step I take... is there a way to make the legs remain against the bag and not flap around when waking?

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

On 4/8/2021 at 11:59 AM, ace036 said:

Is anyone else experiencing the stand legs not staying tight against the bag when carrying on your back? The legs on mine kind of hang down and the go back up and slap against the bag with each step I take... is there a way to make the legs remain against the bag and not flap around when waking?

Mine is fairly new but it very snug, kinda on the stiffer side for sure.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:59 PM, ace036 said:

They sent me a ‘leg tether’ for this with the bag.  I haven’t set it up, but it’s almost like Vessel waiving the white flag in surrender.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:27 PM, eric61 said:

I use NDMC Jumbos with 4 wraps.  The bag has a 6 way top, tangle isn’t a big deal.  I have 2 clubs in each slot on the top and bottom rows and 3 clubs per slot in the middle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida Gator said:

They sent me a ‘leg tether’ for this with the bag.  I haven’t set it up, but it’s almost like Vessel waiving the white flag in surrender.

Yea they sent me one too. I tried that and the tether broke before even getting to test it out in the course...

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

I might have to get one.  I am torn between the white one, or the grey one.  I wonder when the next restock in grey would be.

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 Hybrid 19*, Ventus Blue HB 9X  /or/  Titleist TSR2 7W 21*, Tensei Black 75X

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

I ended up buying a Player III in black, and it just got delivered today, like an hour ago. All I've done is load my clubs into it and carry it around a little, and I'm still adjusting the straps to get them exactly right.

Some initial observations: 

-- Really nice build quality. The material all feels good. I'm impressed. 

-- Love the magnetic rangefinder pocket. It's really sturdy; I won't be worried that my rangefinder might tumble out.

-- Just a gorgeous bag. They really designed this well and paid attention to the details, with the exception of the water bottle pockets.

Potential cons/areas I'm concerned about: 

-- The water bottle pockets are small to the point of being almost useless.

-- The shoulder straps are a little narrow when both are on. I can feel them rubbing against my sides and am concerned about this being a big problem. 

-- They're also a little tight. I'm having trouble getting my left arm through without snagging my watch and getting my wrist caught.

-- Definitely on the heavy side for a carry/stand bag. But the weight does seem to distribute well when it's on.

I purchased a 14 way that was going to replace a Sun Mountain 4.5. I loaded my clubs in it and it seems much smaller than the Sun Mountain top. I loved the looks and everything else about it but the top is too small for what I like. I use standard grips and thought I would be fighting it constantly. Now awaiting an email saying they have the Lux XV Cart in at some point to try that and see if it’s any better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JMA1181 said:

I purchased a 14 way that was going to replace a Sun Mountain 4.5. I loaded my clubs in it and it seems much smaller than the Sun Mountain top. I loved the looks and everything else about it but the top is too small for what I like. I use standard grips and thought I would be fighting it constantly. Now awaiting an email saying they have the Lux XV Cart in at some point to try that and see if it’s any better. 

did you experience club tangle with the Vessel III 14 way? 

How about the Sun Mountain 4.5 14? 

What made you move away from the SM 4.5 14 to the Vessel III 14 other than the premium wow factor? 

i don’t often walk due to back issues, but like the tripod legs for the range. It seems like the SM 4.5 14 is a good fit for me, was hoping the Vessel III may be a fit too. 

I like the cart bags, but for the range in the Boston area, is not a good fit. Little known fact, Boston is the Windiest city in the US with a population above 300K 

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/windiest-cities.php

The town I go to the range in was ranked #3 for highest wind in the US behind two rural towns in Alaska (one had 100 people) and above another rural Alaskan town ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/top-10-windiest-cities-in-the-us-2020/ar-BB14UsLC

At this point, I’m thinking of buying an older cart bag, and throwing an aftermarket tripod on it, and see how that works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

14 hours ago, Drivingrangehero said:

did you experience club tangle with the Vessel III 14 way? 

How about the Sun Mountain 4.5 14? 

What made you move away from the SM 4.5 14 to the Vessel III 14 other than the premium wow factor? 

i don’t often walk due to back issues, but like the tripod legs for the range. It seems like the SM 4.5 14 is a good fit for me, was hoping the Vessel III may be a fit too. 

I never took the bag to the course or put anything in it other than my clubs and knew it wasn’t going to work. I don’t like to have to move a club to see another one or be able to get one out. There is much more room with the Sun Mountain top. 

I don’t see much club tangle with the Sun Mountain at all but probably have too much stuff in the pockets that creates any issues that I have with club tangle. 

I bought the Vessel because all the hype on here and they are the best looking bag in my opinion. The layout seemed to be well thought out and pockets were easily accessible. The lined pocket on the SM is small enough I struggle to get my hand in it to get things out.

If I walk, I use a push cart so I organize my clubs the opposite of walkers and I ride carts as well. I wanted a stand bag because I go to the range a lot but haven’t found the perfect bag so I just keep searching. To me, if the bag is on a golf cart, longer clubs go towards the front of the golf cart so you can see all the clubs which is the opposite of how these bags are setup. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JMA1181 said:

I use a push cart so I organize my clubs the opposite of walkers and I ride carts as well. I wanted a stand bag because I go to the range a lot but haven’t found the perfect bag so I just keep searching.

Thanks for your response. 
I have back problems, so I ride most of the time, if I don’t, then I will use a push cart. (Usually junk rental) 

I don’t want a cart bag, because I often will go to the driving range, and need the stand (Very windy in the greater Boston area) I don’t want my bag getting blown over. 

I like a bag that is more cart oriented with accessibility to irons as you mentioned. I’m not a fan of the SM C-130, so my search is on going. 

I have a Ogio Ozone from 2007 with the original Woode top, and it’s not bad for the range, but awful on a cart. I bought it back when I walked the majority of the time. 

At this point, I’m tempted to get an older Cart bag and put an aftermarket leg stand on it or get a New Ogio Woode 8 way ....... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

if I do, I’ll post a review. 

Again, thanks for the write up. 

Edited by Drivingrangehero

On 4/15/2021 at 7:02 AM, Drivingrangehero said:

Thanks for your response. 
I have back problems, so I ride most of the time, if I don’t, then I will use a push cart. (Usually junk rental) 

I don’t want a cart bag, because I often will go to the driving range, and need the stand (Very windy in the greater Boston area) I don’t want my bag getting blown over. 

I like a bag that is more cart oriented with accessibility to irons as you mentioned. I’m not a fan of the SM C-130, so my search is on going. 

I have a Ogio Ozone from 2007 with the original Woode top, and it’s not bad for the range, but awful on a cart. I bought it back when I walked the majority of the time. 

At this point, I’m tempted to get an older Cart bag and put an aftermarket leg stand on it or get a New Ogio Woode 8 way ....... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

if I do, I’ll post a review. 

Again, thanks for the write up. 

Why not get the SM 130-S?

28 minutes ago, Chilidog said:

Why not get the SM 130-S?

I just don’t care for it’s Layout, or the Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 RTC either. I’m just not a fan of the putter well, or club placement for carts. 

Last year I saw a guy with a Callaway cart bag 14 way, and he had put an aftermarket stand on it from Amazon, it worked really well it looked like it was made like that from Callaway . 

I may go that route, if I do I will post a review of the aftermarket leg stand.

i just carried a quick 9 with my 3.0, and while it is heavier than my old (2018) Hoofer, it carried  so much lighter.  The shoulder straps are heavenly and it balances so freakin' good.

Vessel Player III Stand (White)

TaylorMade SIM 9.0* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6x
TaylorMade SIM Ti 15* Aldila XTorsion 70x
TaylorMade M4 19* Hybrid Fujikura Atmos S

Srixon Z u85 23* UST Mamiya Recoil 95s

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5 

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore Tour Rack 52-10 | 56-10 | 60-10 Nippon Modus3 Wedge 115
Bettinardi Studio Stock 7 34" 
Titleist Pro V1x

9 hours ago, meliaant said:

i just carried a quick 9 with my 3.0, and while it is heavier than my old (2018) Hoofer, it carried  so much lighter.  The shoulder straps are heavenly and it balances so freakin' good.

I may consider this coming from a 2021 ping hoofer. I was worried about the weight being heavier but since you said it carried lighter that’s awesome. Have you tried the Nike hybrid bag? It’s about the same weight as the player 3 but wanted to see if anyone has a direct comparison between the 2 bags for ease of carrying

i haven't tried the Nike. This is my first non-Hoofer since 1997 😂

Vessel Player III Stand (White)

TaylorMade SIM 9.0* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6x
TaylorMade SIM Ti 15* Aldila XTorsion 70x
TaylorMade M4 19* Hybrid Fujikura Atmos S

Srixon Z u85 23* UST Mamiya Recoil 95s

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5 

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore Tour Rack 52-10 | 56-10 | 60-10 Nippon Modus3 Wedge 115
Bettinardi Studio Stock 7 34" 
Titleist Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure I’ll order the grey when back in stock.

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 Hybrid 19*, Ventus Blue HB 9X  /or/  Titleist TSR2 7W 21*, Tensei Black 75X

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

Do any of you guys use this on a cart? Saw another post how the cart strap shredded the synthetic leather. Was looking to get the 3.0 but held off because of that post.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 🔸🔸🔸 LS 9.0* - Fujikura Ventus Black w/ Velocore 6x

3-Wood: Cobra King F9 Speedback 13.5* - Accra FX 2.0 300F M5

5-Wood: Cobra King F9 Speedback Tour 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 X

3-Iron: Mizuno MP-20 HMB - Project X 6.5

4-PW: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour - Project X 6.5

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52.09 - Project X 6.5

Taylormade MG3 56.12; Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw 60* - Project X 6.0

Putter: Sik Pro Armlock - LAGolf Shaft

Ball: ProV1

Bag: Nike Air Hybrid

On 5/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, smrtchar said:

Do any of you guys use this on a cart? Saw another post how the cart strap shredded the synthetic leather. Was looking to get the 3.0 but held off because of that post.

I promptly lost the free sleeve that came with bag.  But just bought a kids seat belt pad on Amazon, Velcro sleeve for $7, and protects bag perfectly.  

• Like 1