Vessel PLAYER III STAND (3.0)

On 9/12/2021 at 6:46 AM, awtryau89 said:

No big deal for me at all. The bottom 2 slots are the only ones that are not full length dividers. I go 2 wedges on each side and they are probably to most used and never had any real issues. The top 2 rows both have full length and I go 3 irons on each side with the top having 3 wood hybrid and driver putter. Those are very easy to get in and out of. 

On 9/12/2021 at 6:18 AM, Nard_S said:

I do it two ways, upper right is putter & wedges, then to left is pw,#9, mids in middle two, long & metals on bottom.  Or metals top left, run from short to mids to long clock wise. I have no great tangle issue, none more than any other stand bag.

Thanks! Yeah I have to play around with it more. Thanks for suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am torn between the Vessel player 3 6 divider and the 14 divider.

My biggest concern is club tangling. Any recommendations one which one to go with between the 6 and 14 divider?

Would like to know your experiences with club tangling and if one is better than the other for also walking/ club tangling.

Thanks.

I've been using a Player 3 with the 6 way top for almost three months now and love it.  I've had zero tangle issues while carrying, using on the Rovic pusher, or using on a standard cart.

"Obviously you're not a golfer." ~ The Dude
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it
." ~ Ferris Bueller
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." ~ Ben Hogan

Woods:    Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5* (D,-1) - VA Composites Slay 65 Four | Callaway Rogue ST Max 15* 3W - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S | Callaway Rogue ST Max 20* HeavenWood - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S

Irons:      Artisan FC 4-P - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff | Mizuno MX-20 4-P DG300S (when I am not getting along with the Artisans)

Wedges:  Artisan 50*, 54*, 58* - DG300S

Putter:     Artisan 0920 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie | Artisan 0220 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1 | Bridgestone Tour B X

51 minutes ago, Maroon_19 said:

I've been using a Player 3 with the 6 way top for almost three months now and love it.  I've had zero tangle issues while carrying, using on the Rovic pusher, or using on a standard cart.

I agree.  I have 6 way top, very roomy and absolutely minimal tangle issues.  The structure of the bag and the quality of the dividers really work well IMO.  

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 Hybrid 19*, Ventus Blue HB 9X  /or/  Titleist TSR2 7W 21*, Tensei Black 75X

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

21 hours ago, ZNJ said:

I am torn between the Vessel player 3 6 divider and the 14 divider.

My biggest concern is club tangling. Any recommendations one which one to go with between the 6 and 14 divider?

Would like to know your experiences with club tangling and if one is better than the other for also walking/ club tangling.

Thanks.

After recently getting a 14 way, I regret not ordering the 6 way instead. Enough that I may return it.

My old Nike bag is 14 way and the compartments are spacious enough and shaped in a way that there's no resistance or friction at all, ever. With the Player III, the middle 11 compartments all funnel into an internal bag. That bag shifts around and can create some resistance here depending on how it's shifting around. Furthermore, the padding at the top of each compartment, which seems to go about grip length deep into the bag, splays away from the borders of the compartment, which creates friction when inserting the clubs and can snag the club a little when withdrawing it. My Nike bag, has that padding, but it's tight to the compartments. Back to the Player III, the two compartments that border the edge of the bag that are nearest the stand are sort of triangle shaped, so the outer parts of them are narrow, effectively making them very small. Many of the compartments are on the smallish side.

Experimenting, I'm seeing that the compartment nearest the handle/straps is ample enough for 3 clubs easily. And a 2 compartment width one below that handles two comfortably. In my living room experimentation, I don't detect any tangle issues there. Those two larger compartments handle multiple clubs better than any of the other 12 handle single ones. If I keep the bag, that's how I'll use it, which is kind of sub-optimal since it means unused space.

It may be that others with the 14 way version of the bag have had better luck than I got.

Plenty of good things, though. It sits more gracefully on my electric trolley and Clicgear 4 than my Nike bag does, the possibility of which is a big part of the reason I ordered it.

Otherwise, I like the understated look, though it's less luxurious in feel and appearance than they advertise. But that's probably more a positive than a negative for me. The more subtle branding is appealing instead of the in your face ugliness and branding aspects of so many of the golf company brands. That's another reason I looked into it. The bags and pockets seem fine. I can adapt to whatever setup that way as long as they're convenient and accessible for the ways I want to use it. The bottle compartments work for what I'd put in them, so no problem there for me. An oddity is that there's a small valuables pocket inside the largest bag that has a combination lock if you want to "protect" your wallet and keys or whatever. But a scissors or knife would go easily through that pocket in moments. Perhaps a marketing "feature" that's more style than substance. I haven't walked more than a few feet around my living room with it and that's with clubs only, nothing in the pockets. But it feels fine.

Edited by maigre
  • Like 1

Had the 6 way but have always been a 14 way guy. Just ordered the 14 way so we’ll see about the issues. Just a side note, I contacted Vessel about the Black Friday deal. I had contacted them to see if they had any 2.0s left and was going to purchase. When they finally got back to me, I had missed the deal. I put the 3.0 in my cart and they were able to activate the code again for me. Considering the price increases, the Black Friday deal makes the Vessel really competitive honestly. A new Hoofer is $279. 

5 minutes ago, awtryau89 said:

Had the 6 way but have always been a 14 way guy. Just ordered the 14 way so we’ll see about the issues. Just a side note, I contacted Vessel about the Black Friday deal. I had contacted them to see if they had any 2.0s left and was going to purchase. When they finally got back to me, I had missed the deal. I put the 3.0 in my cart and they were able to activate the code again for me. Considering the price increases, the Black Friday deal makes the Vessel really competitive honestly. A new Hoofer is $279. 

The Black Friday deal was the prompt for me to buy the bag. Not so sure I'd have done it otherwise. I certainly wouldn't have done it now.

Please let us know how the 14 way goes for you.

I’ve used a Vessel Player 3.0 this season and, though my first impressions were mostly positive … ultimately after lots of use, I don’t like this bag at all, and am definitely replacing it for next season.

First and foremost, the straps are too close together. If you’re a big guy — especially one who wears a watch — it’s hard to put on. No big deal once or twice, but if you’re on the course carrying, then it becomes a very big problem. I use a push cart a lot, but really like to carry some too, especially when it gets colder outside, and this bag isn’t one I can carry because of this issue.

The leather on my black bag has had issues with discoloration. I honestly have no idea what could be causing it — I take care of my stuff, have never applied any chemicals, never leave it in the sun or the trunk or anything. 

The water bottle pockets’ magnets are also useless after a while. (The rangefinder pocket’s magnet is still working great though, no issues there.)

I’m sorry if I sound overly negative — I just wanted to share some honest thoughts, because I appreciate hearing this kind of stuff about products I’m considering. I know this bag is working well for lots of people, and I think that’s awesome. I can only speak for myself.

It’s not all been negative. I LOVE the minimal branding, and the pockets are well organized. The materials are nice, except for the leather discoloration. No complaints about the six-way top.

If the straps were wider, I’d be willing to try another Vessel bag, maybe one of the DXR ones. But until the straps change, I’ll have to look elsewhere.

I’m strongly considering a Linksmaster and/or the brand new version of the Mizuno BR-D4, which appears to have exceptional organization and a black logo on black color option to keep the branding minimal.

Edited by eric61

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered a White Players III , It's on sale plus I stacked the CART code for another 10% off so it got me within 5 bucks of the Black Friday sale price.  I'm not sure when it will ship but I will post my thoughts when I get it.  I am a bit concerned / curious about the length of the bag since I see clubs sticking pretty far out in some photos.  🙂

Edited by Tzoid

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

It's a good 4"-6" shorter than the old Ogio bag I had. Not sure why they make them so short, but it may have something to do with the swiveling bottom?

Took about a week to get mine when I ordered it the Sunday after Black Friday.

I won't have it on the course for another 4 months, but I can confirm that the 14 way is a little tight. Clubs go in no problem when the bag is standing straight up, but can stick a little when it's on it's legs.

20211225_132213.jpg.b908d7df8cb220b66089673108435504.jpg

• Like 1

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Attas 11 7S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

Good lord those clubs hangout a long long way. 

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

So....how is everyone loading this bag?  Thinking of getting 14 way (I'm very OCD) I walk alot with a pushcart, but do ride when it's hot...and it gets hot down here.  

Coming from pioneer for years...(unwalkable courses) I like woods on back row (farthest from the pockets up front),. Then irons, then wedges, then putter in the middle front well...all in descending order right to left...

Judging by the looks of the dividers, this would work.  But every picture I see is is the opposite.  Woods up front with putter, irons/wedges filling out the back.  

Is this just standard how people who carry set it up?  Or am literally the only person who sets it up like I do, and I've been missing something for all these years?

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

2 hours ago, WarEagleGolf said:

So....how is everyone loading this bag?  Thinking of getting 14 way (I'm very OCD) I walk alot with a pushcart, but do ride when it's hot...and it gets hot down here.  

Coming from pioneer for years...(unwalkable courses) I like woods on back row (farthest from the pockets up front),. Then irons, then wedges, then putter in the middle front well...all in descending order right to left...

Judging by the looks of the dividers, this would work.  But every picture I see is is the opposite.  Woods up front with putter, irons/wedges filling out the back.  

Is this just standard how people who carry set it up?  Or am literally the only person who sets it up like I do, and I've been missing something for all these years?

I can add some perspective coming from a pioneer.

I had a vessel player 3 dxr. 14way, but sent it back after unboxing.  I tried loading it up with the woods in the front and the back, results were the same.  Pulling clubs in and out were was great while the bag was upright, on its stand it they tend to hang up.  I think this is more about the design of the bottom, vs the the club liners.

8 hours ago, Shakester said:

Love my Player 3 bag.  Love it even more that I figured out that the ball pocket panel can be removed.  I ordered an extra panel from Vessel for $16, so that I can keep the original and get the replacement personalized with embroidery. 

E89D5BB0-3390-45D9-9DDE-E6BB2CF7A409.jpeg

How far do the clubheads extend up when the bag is sitting upright?  Is it possible that the clubs sticking out when the legs are extended is a feature and not a bug, to make them more accessible ?

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

The same amount. They don't move when you stand the bag up.

• Thanks 1

64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Mine was just delivered by FedEx. I loaded it up and the 6 way divider seems ok.  I have been using 14 way bags from Sun mountain. We shall see how it performs . I was a bit bummed that they stopped including the cart strap Sleeve and towel but I'll address that. 

IMG_20220109_104537095.jpg

IMG_20220109_104559096.jpg

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

• 4 weeks later...

I got the Player 3 (6 way) last month. No tangle issues. Very nice design, functional, well made. Worth the investment.

D191274A-2C7F-44C8-81C2-673AD9178DF0.jpeg

0C5E5E90-AB26-42B9-9C68-E953F4BE9B8A.jpeg

Driver: Paradym

Fairway:  Paradym X / Beres S-05

Hybrids: Honma Beres U06 19 degrees / U05 22 degrees

Irons: Epic Forged Star 6-SW

Wedge: Callaway JAWS MD5 46 / 60

Putter: 2021 Phantom X 5.5

17 hours ago, neath2nd said:

Has anyone tried this bag on an electric trolley?

Yup!  I just got an EWheels for my Clicgear 4 and it works great!

(I tried uploading a video from my iPhone but couldn't get it to work).

Edited by Hougz79

Ping G430 Hybrid 19*, Ventus Blue HB 9X  /or/  Titleist TSR2 7W 21*, Tensei Black 75X

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

• 2 weeks later...

I am really looking hard at the Player III DXR 6-way.  I have an older Callaway 14-way Fusion and the club tangle is driving me nuts.  I saw on one of these threads that Vessel is looking to release a new bag later this year.  Maybe I should wait?  Does anyone know if Vessel does sales during the year other than the Black Friday deal they had?  Maybe Memorial Day?

25 minutes ago, Cousin said:

I am really looking hard at the Player III DXR 6-way.  I have an older Callaway 14-way Fusion and the club tangle is driving me nuts.  I saw on one of these threads that Vessel is looking to release a new bag later this year.  Maybe I should wait?  Does anyone know if Vessel does sales during the year other than the Black Friday deal they had?  Maybe Memorial Day?

MGS named the Player III DXR the best stand bag of 2022 in an article yesterday and said that it came in 5 colors.  I don't know if that's just plain wrong or if it means some new colors are going to be released,

I think they mean the Player III comes in 5 colors, not the DXR. There are 7 colors for the Player III on the website.

DXR is black only.

• Like 1

Maxfli Tour Yellow

1 hour ago, Ger21 said:

I think they mean the Player III comes in 5 colors, not the DXR. There are 7 colors for the Player III on the website.

DXR is black only.

I saw that too.  I believe they slightly misspoke.  

Oddly enough they buggered it up last year too, naming the Player 3 DXR as their number 2 bag…. Months before the DXR was even available.  

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

23 hours ago, Hougz79 said:

I saw that too.  I believe they slightly misspoke.  

Oddly enough they buggered it up last year too, naming the Player 3 DXR as their number 2 bag…. Months before the DXR was even available.  

Yup.  Looks like they don't really know details of the standard vs the DXR.  The image in the 2022 article is the DXR so at least the name matches what they reviewed this time.