On 7/24/2021 at 7:16 PM, Red4282 said:

Were those japanese versions in players bags with mp18-20? I dont ever remember seeing that like this year..

Exactly. What you see in tour players bags is usually what we see in the US market. Of course, these are strange times, but retro is cool these days and "mizuno pro" was the original nomenclature for which MP is an abbreviation that probably isn't as strong a branding move as actually writing the company's name on the product.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trippels said:

Voshall said they were going for something a bit different with the new MP line, and that some may not like it. Might have been a TXG interview. I would guess he was partially refering to the script. 

Shame, really ruins a nice iron.

I don't see the script at address ... doesn't bother me. When I see it in the bag, I think "old school"  and "Tiger" for some reason. That's not a bad thing.

• Like 4

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps

Primary Bag:

Callaway Epic Speed 9/TPT Golf Shaft ● Mizuno STZ 3, 5 wd/Motore F3 6 ● Ping G425 20.5 HY/TPT Golf Shaft ● Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW Accra ICWT95 ● Artisan 50, 55, 59/Nippon 105 ● Odyssey 10S 2Ball ● Options: Epic Speed 4, 7 wd/Riptide 60/70, Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges and Mizuno ST-G22 Driver - From THP-MIzuno 2021 Experience

4 hours ago, SwingMan said:

I don't see the script at address ... doesn't bother me. When I see it in the bag, I think "old school"  and "Tiger" for some reason. That's not a bad thing.

I'm usually a fan of a 'cleaner the better' look with blades (think Nike orginal forged blade) but I quite like the Mizuno Pro stamping.  I agree about the old school feel, I'd described it as vintage! 

If anything I wouldn't be against removing the Mizuno bird logo & the 221 stamping and just leaving the Mizuno Pro script on there, classy!

• Like 2

Driver - Taylormade SIM 10.5°

3 wood - Titleist 910f 15°

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Irons - Mizuno 919 Tour 4 - PW

Wedges - Titleist SM7 51 / 55 / 60 DG

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x

8 hours ago, SwingMan said:

At first look, I hated it. But it really is growing on me and I do like the "retro"/"Tiger"-association. I have literally canceled a scheduled iron fitting for next month, thats how much I like the look of the 225 and 223 (for a combo set)

• Like 2

Full WITB thread

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 @ 8.75

Taylormade RocketBallz 3 15*

Taylormade RocketBallz Tour 3 Hybrid 18.5

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW

Mizuno MP T-11 52/07

Wilson Staff PMP Wedge 56/14

Mizuno MP T-11 60/05

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

3 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

You could put a Dallas cowboys logo on the back for all I care and that's about as ugly as it gets.

That would be a deal breaker for me, for sure.  Ugh.

• Like 3

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: Original One 11.5* (tuned down), NV75 X -or- SpeedZone 10.5*, Aldila ProtoPype 80S, <44" TBD

3w: King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h or 3h, NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, RIP Tour 115 R
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TaylorMade TP5

GripMaster Roo or Kidd leather grips

43 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

I'm amazed at the comments about not wanting to buy cause of the script. Are people concerned about the script because you're "collecting" them and not going to play them? I only care about the looks when it comes to address, that's where a club is truly good looking or not.  You could put a Dallas cowboys logo on the back for all I care and that's about as ugly as it gets. If the address looks good and they feel good, then it's a go for an order. I hope these have copper underlay and feel as good as my mp14s. 

It is just a star…an eagles logo would be a true deal breaker

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I tried reading through as much of this thread as I could and hope this hasn't been discussed previously. Apologies if it has...

I had been planning to get a set of mp 20 MB 7-P paired with MMC 4-6 -- custom ordered lie adjustments and some loft adjustments to maintain loft gaps.

But now the new clubs are rumored  and I noticed that the 223s change materials according to the conforming list just about where I was planning to blend my set. Any ideas about what the change in material would do to a blended 221/223 set as compared to a MB/MMC set from this year (MP20) (which I don't know if I can even still order). 

Thanks for your thoughts. 

I had a driver fitting today at a reputable place (they're on the GolfWrx panel of fitters for all the clubs the year stuff) and afterwards was shooting the s*** with some of the guys and I was told to expect a February release on the new Mizuno MP line. 

I was hoping for the fall but with the production issues Mizuno and everyone else in the industry are going through right now, I'm not surprised. 

On 7/28/2021 at 8:02 PM, boyscout said:

So, only 13% of the entire population are lefties. 1% of golfers are left handed, and far fewer than 1% play blades.

As a business what would you do?

Not sure where you found “1%,” but it’s much closer to 10 than 1… any source you find from the last few years will tell you 5% at a minimum, with most being 7-10%. 10% of an entire industry is not something you ignore. With all other major manufacturers producing nearly all their irons in a left handed version, there’s no reason for Mizuno to be so far behind. 

It is what it is. As a lefty, I’m just used to it. The 919 forged were the last Mizuno’s I played, and I’m done with Mizuno too. The SEL’s are a poor excuse of an offering considering what a small percentage of golfers play the MP and Tour lines. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mookieb10 said:

The most important thing my Dad ever did for me was to scold me the first day I picked up a golf club left handed and turn me into a righty... that and to pay for eleven years of secondary and post secondary education. 

Ha I can’t argue with that! Unfortunately, I didn’t start playing until my mid 20’s, and I do everything left handed. 

i love the opinions of what  players like to see and feel although different and subjective for us all really glad i have a shinny new set mp20 mmc they are the best feeling and looking irons i have ever come across for me  and i have demo/hit an awful lot of irons i can see myself playing them for a long time. 

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Ventus black 6x 45.25 tipped half inch

Ping g425 LST  ping tour 75 tipped 1"

Cobra forged tec utility 3 iron kbs c-taper lite X

Ping g425 hybrid 22* Ventus blue hb 9x tipped inch

Mizuno mp20 MMC 5-pw kbs c-taper 130X

Mizuno t20 50* kbs c-taper 130x

Mizuno ES21 54/58 kbs c-taper 130x

Ping Sigma G Kushin 33" custom flat cat svelte 

-prov1x

17 hours ago, KevinKimAU said:

Now, what is the best bet? Should I wait for MP-22 release in Feb, or buy something else? I was going to purchase MMC version this fall first time Mizuno Irons but I may have to buy something else.

My (extremely good) local shop said there are no more MP-20 irons to be had. So I don't think you have to make the choice at all, unless someone has some inventory lying around? But if you could buy an MP-20 blade or MMC you would certainly not regret it. My MP-14s are still a perfectly playable and excellent set compared to my MP-18 blades. I don't think there is a bad MP iron out there. And the differences between generations are subtle. I do think my MP-18s are subtly better than the MP-14 and the MP-33s my son is now gaming, but they are more cosmetic than performance differences for the most part.

Edited by 2over

18 hours ago, KevinKimAU said:

Now, what is the best bet? Should I wait for MP-22 release in Feb, or buy something else? I was going to purchase MMC version this fall first time Mizuno Irons but I may have to buy something else.

Like 2 over says if you can find the set you want in the right specs (mp20) you won't regret it but mizuno must be releasing the mp22 shortly if they have no mp20 left it would be a tough ask for people to wait 6 months for mp22 although were all club ho's so buy some new t series now and get mp22 next year lol.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Ventus black 6x 45.25 tipped half inch

Ping g425 LST  ping tour 75 tipped 1"

Cobra forged tec utility 3 iron kbs c-taper lite X

Ping g425 hybrid 22* Ventus blue hb 9x tipped inch

Mizuno mp20 MMC 5-pw kbs c-taper 130X

Mizuno t20 50* kbs c-taper 130x

Mizuno ES21 54/58 kbs c-taper 130x

Ping Sigma G Kushin 33" custom flat cat svelte 

-prov1x

6 hours ago, Latetogolf76 said:

Like 2 over says if you can find the set you want in the right specs (mp20) you won't regret it but mizuno must be releasing the mp22 shortly if they have no mp20 left it would be a tough ask for people to wait 6 months for mp22 although were all club ho's so buy some new t series now and get mp22 next year lol.

Ian Fraser from TXG said people better be ready to wait. Winter release at best. 

Will hold off to see final US release and test against my MP20's which your gonna have to pull outta my hands.  I seriously might just send my MP20's to Golf Garage during off season and have them re finish them with either a brushed copper or shiny copper finish.  The site is insane what they can do to clubs and hell of a lot cheaper than buying new MP22's.   Again, the numbers don't lie and unless there is a significant difference in performance and feel I think I might go that route.

6 hours ago, Latetogolf76 said:

4 minutes ago, mtnbiker5 said:

Will hold off to see final US release and test against my MP20's which your gonna have to pull outta my hands.  I seriously might just send my MP20's to Golf Garage during off season and have them re finish them with either a brushed copper or shiny copper finish.  The site is insane what they can do to clubs and hell of a lot cheaper than buying new MP22's.   Again, the numbers don't lie and unless there is a significant difference in performance and feel I think I might go that route.

I’ve had my mp20s for about 6 months but just ordered the new t100 irons. I love these mp20s but I’ve just become a titleist guy after being a Mizuno iron player for over a decade. But these MP20s are so nice i may not even sell them. I may just have them as a backup set.