My Mizzy MMC titanium inserts are all dented up and look like crap.  Didn't think titanium dented.  These are a trade off.  The numbering is now black which I prefer over the white so I can live with the script.  Mizuno golf.com has good pics and write-ups. as well which I'm now more interested.  Feb release is fine.  Fall release always nice but end of season so you can't enjoy as much in northeast as much so meh.  Gives me something to look forward to with spring around the corner. Plus, most new releases with other brands will be out by then so I can complete the bag if need be.   I'm in.

6 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Haven't seen this answered elsewhere so I wanted to ask again -- anybody seeing information on what they'll offer for lefties? 

I have a bit of Japanese. If they are going to do MPs for lefties, it is not mentioned on the website.

One odd thing, the entire series 221, 223, and 225 - comes with six clubs, 5 - PW. No 4i. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10.75* ~ Tensei AV Blue

Titleist TSi2 15* ~ Tensei AV Blue

Titleist TSi2 18* ~ Tensei AV Blue

Titleist TSi2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Blue

Mizuno MP-20 MMC, 4 - PW ~ KBS $-Taper 120

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST Pured

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST Pured

Scotty Special Select Newport 2.5

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 ball

10 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Haven't seen this answered elsewhere so I wanted to ask again -- anybody seeing information on what they'll offer for lefties? 

I've scanned the pages for the 221, 223, 225, and Fli-hi and seen nothing about a left-handed offering. 

May be a later release? Seems odd to have nothing at all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobfoster said:

I have a bit of Japanese. If they are going to do MPs for lefties, it is not mentioned on the website.

One odd thing, the entire series 221, 223, and 225 - comes with six clubs, 5 - PW. No 4i. 

I noticed that, and the 221 doesn't exactly blend in well with the #4 Fli-hi: MP221 5i has 27* of loft, and the #4 Fli-hi has 21.5*. Big jump there.

Since the Mizuno Pro 118 release, the Mizuno Pro line has largely been sold via custom order here (Japan), so perhaps they're just showing the bare bones of what they have on the website now. That would also explain the lack of shaft options.

This release just seems a bit...strange. Great looking clubs, but some questions raised.

Edited by No_Catchy_Nickname

Love the look of the clubs themselves. Hate the Mizuno Pro font. What's next, Comic Sans?

1 hour ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I noticed that, and the 221 doesn't exactly blend in well with the #4 Fli-hi: MP221 5i has 27* of loft, and the #4 Fli-hi has 21.5*. Big jump there.

Since the Mizuno Pro 118 release, the Mizuno Pro line has largely been sold via custom order here (Japan), so perhaps they're just showing the bare bones of what they have on the website now. That would also explain the lack of shaft options.

This release just seems a bit...strange. Great looking clubs, but some questions raised.

Why not wait until the December USA Pre-Orders to comment on the offering as to the content of a set.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps

A Bag in Flux:

Callaway Epic Speed 9/TPT Golf Shaft ● Honma TR21 3, 5, 7 or Ping G425 20.5 HY/TPT Golf instead of 7 wd ● Honma TW-X 5-PW/Mitsu MMT 85g ● Artisan 50, 55, 59/Nippon 105 ● Odyssey 10S 2Ball ● Options: Epic Speed 4, 7 wd/Riptide 60/70, Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges and Mizuno ST-G22 Driver - From THP-MIzuno 2021 Experience or Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW Accra ICWT95, Mizuno STZ 3, 5 wd/Motore F3 6 

9 minutes ago, SwingMan said:

Why not wait until the December USA Pre-Orders to comment on the offering as to the content of a set.

Because I'm in Japan, looking at the Japanese website, and basing my comments on the information provided. They go on sale on October 15th here.

What on earth is the problem here? 

My exact thought. My #3 (a hybrid) is 21*. 

Because I'm in Japan, looking at the Japanese website, and basing my comments on the information provided. They go on sale on October 15th here.

What on earth is the problem here? 

Apparently, you have the problem. No 1 Rule in Life: Don't take things personally. Lighten Up, Francis.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps

A Bag in Flux:

Callaway Epic Speed 9/TPT Golf Shaft ● Honma TR21 3, 5, 7 or Ping G425 20.5 HY/TPT Golf instead of 7 wd ● Honma TW-X 5-PW/Mitsu MMT 85g ● Artisan 50, 55, 59/Nippon 105 ● Odyssey 10S 2Ball ● Options: Epic Speed 4, 7 wd/Riptide 60/70, Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges and Mizuno ST-G22 Driver - From THP-MIzuno 2021 Experience or Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW Accra ICWT95, Mizuno STZ 3, 5 wd/Motore F3 6 

3 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

Might be because they expect MP221 players to combo with MP223 or 225. I don't know just guessing thou. I agree that the loft difference creates a huge gap for the Fly's to work with the 221's.

4 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I think the Fli-Hi is meant to be more of a driving iron. If you want a long game replacement, go 225. At least thats what I took from the (limited) official information by Mizuno

• Like 1

Full WITB thread

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 @ 8.75

Taylormade RocketBallz 3 15*

Taylormade RocketBallz Tour 3 Hybrid 18.5

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW

Mizuno MP T-11 52/07

Wilson Staff PMP Wedge 56/14

Mizuno MP T-11 60/05

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

1 hour ago, m_w said:

Might be because they expect MP221 players to combo with MP223 or 225. I don't know just guessing thou. I agree that the loft difference creates a huge gap for the Fly's to work with the 221's.

50 minutes ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

I think the Fli-Hi is meant to be more of a driving iron. If you want a long game replacement, go 225. At least thats what I took from the (limited) official information by Mizuno

Quite possible, although blending the 221s with the 223s or 225s would mean having two 5-irons in the bag, or something similar. 

I think there will be a 4i offered for the sets, and probably a gap wedge for the 223 and 225s, but it's just not up on the site yet. For example, one page shows the 223 only coming with the Modus 115 shaft, but another shows the Modus 105 as another option. It's like the clubs are ready, but the site is not. Another example:

1576663045_izunoPro.png.e58c8b87367ffb0f4ddd8fab38ab5210.png

And I agree that the Fli-His seem to be more of a driving iron option than combo option. 

Edited by No_Catchy_Nickname

5 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

Quite possible, although blending the 221s with the 223s or 225s would mean having two 5-irons in the bag, or something similar. 

I think there will be a 4i offered for the sets, and probably a gap wedge for the 223 and 225s, but it's just not up on the site yet. For example, one page shows the 223 only coming with the Modus 115 shaft, but another shows the Modus 105 as another option. It's like the clubs are ready, but the site is not. Another example:

1576663045_izunoPro.png.e58c8b87367ffb0f4ddd8fab38ab5210.png

And I agree that the Fli-His seem to be more of a driving iron option than combo option. 

Ummm... Mizuno, Callaway (and probably others) have been making these combo sets for years. They just bend one or two irons by one or two degrees. The previous generation JPX and MP20 lines both had a SEL set that had irons bent and it'd be the same concept here. The 221 5i is 27* and the 6i is 30*. The 223 5i is 25*. I think you'd just get the 223 weakened one degree so the 5i would 26*, 4*'s from your 30* 6i.

13 hours ago, Str8Putt said:

Never done a blended set so question. 

If I went 5,6,7 in 223 and 8,9,PW in 221. It looks like I would need to have the 5-7 bent at least 1* weak, looks like 2* would match up with the 221 irons though.

Do you guys normally get them bent or play them stock 

IMO 1 degree weak would be a good starting point 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, RacineBoxer said:

Ummm... Mizuno, Callaway (and probably others) have been making these combo sets for years. They just bend one or two irons by one or two degrees. The previous generation JPX and MP20 lines both had a SEL set that had irons bent and it'd be the same concept here. The 221 5i is 27* and the 6i is 30*. The 223 5i is 25*. I think you'd just get the 223 weakened one degree so the 5i would 26*, 4*'s from your 30* 6i.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with that. I'more interested in what comes after the 5i. Or, if you like, how the 5i blends into the top end of the bag, based on buying mainly the 221 blades. 

Even if you weaken the 223 to 26*, in the new lineup you're left with a 4.5* gap to the #4 fli-hi, which, while not a killer, is interesting. And that's assuming the 221 blends well with the 223s in terms of gapping.

Look, I'm not trying be controversial here or anything, it's just that it's a tiny bit surprising. A tiny, tiny bit. Before, the MP20 FLi-hi #4 was 22*, bendable by 1.5*. I bent mine to 23.5* to replace the 4i  in my MP4s, and it's worked out well, but I've just having a wee bit of trouble envisioning a similar sort of gapping in the new offering. Also, the Mizuno Japanese website right now does not say that the Fli-hi loft can be weakened, though it does say the lie can be.

14 minutes ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with that. I'more interested in what comes after the 5i. Or, if you like, how the 5i blends into the top end of the bag, based on buying mainly the 221 blades. 

Even if you weaken the 223 to 26*, in the new lineup you're left with a 4.5* gap to the #4 fli-hi, which, while not a killer, is interesting. And that's assuming the 221 blends well with the 223s in terms of gapping.

Look, I'm not trying be controversial here or anything, it's just that it's a tiny bit surprising. A tiny, tiny bit. Before, the MP20 FLi-hi #4 was 22*, bendable by 1.5*. I bent mine to 23.5* to replace the 4i  in my MP4s, and it's worked out well, but I've just having a wee bit of trouble envisioning a similar sort of gapping in the new offering. Also, the Mizuno Japanese website right now does not say that the Fli-hi loft can be weakened, though it does say the lie can be.

It does create issues when you loft jack some model lines and try to keep others somewhat traditional in loft. Makes combining sets more difficult 

42 minutes ago, toddyc said:

It does create issues when you loft jack some model lines and try to keep others somewhat traditional in loft. Makes combining sets more difficult 

The more I read you guys posting, the more I wonder what the heck Mizuno is thinking. 

13 hours ago, bobfoster said:

Only 4.70% of the population in Japan is lefty. Maybe they aren’t planning a lefty set for Japan but will release one later for international customers. 

I have 14 clubs.

2 hours ago, livigolfs said:

IMO 1 degree weak would be a good starting point 

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I think I'm just going to go *1 weak on 5,6,7 with standard lie in 223 and 8,9,PW in 221 as is.

Now I just need to find out about length because the Japan site has the clubs at 1/4" shorter than what's normally here but hoping that's just because of the Asian market. 

2 minutes ago, Str8Putt said:

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I think I'm just going to go *1 weak on 5,6,7 with standard lie in 223 and 8,9,PW in 221 as is.

Now I just need to find out about length because the Japan site has the clubs at 1/4" shorter than what's normally here but hoping that's just because of the Asian market. 

Mizuno plays 0.25” long in North America, as they measure grip off.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, eric61 said:

Interesting, a whole set that's not blended? Would be a departure from what Mizuno's done lately (the "SEL" combo sets), but it's what I'm hoping for.

The set is chromoly forged from 7 iron up.  FWIW

https://www.usga.org/InfoClubsDB/ResultDisplay.aspx?clubtype=Iron&Manf=Mizuno Corp.&Prod=Mizuno Pro 223 (LH)

I wouldn’t worry about the 4 iron not being offered. I think it’s an up charge in Japan to include it. Check out Tour Specs offerings. 

I bought Bridgestones through zen market. It’s rare to find the 4 iron included. 

I bet 223 will have a 4 iron and gap wedge. 225 i’m hoping goes up to 3 iron.  

Anyone know if the fli-hi has the copper undercoating?