2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mizuno MP-22

joeymack14

7 hours ago, andfri said:

Does anyone know the new iron shaft offerings, especially the graphite shafts?

Probably the same as last year:

UST MAMIYA RECOIL 95 GRAPHITE
UST MAMIYA RECOIL ESX GRAPHITE
AEROTECH STEELFIBER I110 GRAPHITE
AEROTECH STEELFIBER I95 GRAPHITE

I doubt they'll add many offerings, though they might surprise. The driver (ST 220-G) options look similar to last year and the wedges (T-22) look largely unchanged from the T-20 wedge offerings.

Of course, this is speculation on my part. I'll be looking for a set with graphite myself when they are available.

56 minutes ago, PlayInTheRain said:

I doubt they'll add many offerings, though they might surprise. The driver (ST 220-G) options look similar to last year and the wedges (T-22) look largely unchanged from the T-20 wedge offerings.

Of course, this is speculation on my part. I'll be looking for a set with graphite myself when they are available.

I think you're right. I know a lot of people are hoping for the MMT to be offered, but I'd feel pretty confident that these that you've listed are going to be it.

And to be fair, the MMT is a great shaft, but I've got a set of ZX7s with the Recoil 95 F4 and a set of the new T200s with the Steelfiber i95 S and they're both great shafts. Steelfibers ended up being a tad bit longer and higher launching with a same loft comparison, but that could've been the T200 construction vs the ZX7 as well. I love them both and plan to play both.

I did see somewhere on here that there's a rumor the MMT might be a Titleist offering at the beginning of 2022, but that's just something I read. No real knowledge there (or here for that matter).

Titleist TSR3 9° / Fujikura Ventus Blue w/ Velocore + 59g S, 45.25"

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 16.5° 4W / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g S

PXG 0311 Black Ops 19° 3H, 22° 4H / Mitsubishi MMT 80g S

Titleist T100-S 5-PW / Project X IO 6.0 110g

Vokey SM10 Nickel 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 58.10 S / Project X IO 6.0 110g

Mizuno M-Craft OMOI 06 / 34"

Titleist ProV1 / Golf Pride MCC+4 Blue/Gray/Red/Orange

11 hours ago, golfman1023 said:

Can anyone speak to Boron Forged vs. Chomoly Forged?

Gaming the JPX 850 Forged... wondering if I stick with them, go 223, or get better at golf and get JPX 921 SEL 

I owned/still own the boron JPX 900 forged and loved the way they looked and played.  People criticized the feel but I always enjoyed the feel of center strikes and the feedback of bad strikes.  I now have the JPX 921 forged with the 7-4 being Chromoly.  I think the entire 921 set is softer than the 900 forged.  They really do feel great and the 7-4 chromoly irons are like butter when struck out of the middle.  Performance is a wash imo.  Distances are the same between the two materials and I don't notice any difference in forgiveness.  I know Mizuno likes to tout improvements to new generations and on a launch monitor they are probably are a small bit better, but I don't notice any.  I prefer the 921's because I was fitted into new and heavier PX 6.5 shafts, but would enjoy playing the 900 forged just as much if they had the same shafts.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PlayInTheRain said:

I asked Vosh about this at the THP-Mizuno Experience in August. I would like more graphite iron options. From memory, he answered they'd like to expand the offerings, but he could not say one way or the other. I had the feeling it's something he'd like to do but did not have a timeline.

I would like a 80g Recoil to go with the Recoil 95. I think the Recoil 95 is a great performer but lacks in feel. Would like a livelier feel at 80-85g.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

1 hour ago, SwingMan said:

I asked Vosh about this at the THP-Mizuno Experience in August. I would like more graphite iron options. From memory, he answered they'd like to expand the offerings, but he could not say one way or the other. I had the feeling it's something he'd like to do but did not have a timeline.

I would like a 80g Recoil to go with the Recoil 95. I think the Recoil 95 is a great performer but lacks in feel. Would like a livelier feel at 80-85g.

What about the TT Elevate Shafts? Any word if Modus 115 going to actually be available for that release in the US? 

1 hour ago, reider69 said:

I owned/still own the boron JPX 900 forged and loved the way they looked and played.  People criticized the feel but I always enjoyed the feel of center strikes and the feedback of bad strikes.  I now have the JPX 921 forged with the 7-4 being Chromoly.  I think the entire 921 set is softer than the 900 forged.  They really do feel great and the 7-4 chromoly irons are like butter when struck out of the middle.  Performance is a wash imo.  Distances are the same between the two materials and I don't notice any difference in forgiveness.  I know Mizuno likes to tout improvements to new generations and on a launch monitor they are probably are a small bit better, but I don't notice any.  I prefer the 921's because I was fitted into new and heavier PX 6.5 shafts, but would enjoy playing the 900 forged just as much if they had the same shafts.  

Yeah, I'll be honest, I don't think these types of clubs are improving in any meaningful way. They are soooo similar. I wouldn't be surprised that if you missed the sweetspot by a full inch towards the toe the improvement is less than a foot. And yeah, every foot matter, but on a 170 yard shot, being 31 vs 30.5 feet away (because you lost 10 yards distance on the mishit) on your putt, based on how many times you're likely to have a miss like that over the course of a year... it's probably going to save you about .1 shots per round (maybe .05). 

That said, it's fun to get new equipment and I'll probably continue buying new irons every year or two. Because it's fun. 

1 hour ago, Str8Putt said:

What about the TT Elevate Shafts? Any word if Modus 115 going to actually be available for that release in the US? 

We did not get much into shaft talk. It was primarily the intro of the new lineup as to heads - wedges, irons, driving irons and backstory.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Is it for absolute certain that the MP brand has and definitely will now be this Mizuno Pro branding? Honest question since my memory recalls the Japan market using 'Mizuno Pro' with slightly different set makeups (targeting shorter hitters/higher handicaps) whereas the US market used 'MP' with a set makeup that satisfied the more of the better player. My senses just tell me this whole Mizuno Pro thing is so out of left field that it has to be a misdirection (albeit small). Too, it looks horrible - ha ha.

6 minutes ago, foreplease said:

Is it for absolute certain that the MP brand has and definitely will now be this Mizuno Pro branding? Honest question since my memory recalls the Japan market using 'Mizuno Pro' with slightly different set makeups (targeting shorter hitters/higher handicaps) whereas the US market used 'MP' with a set makeup that satisfied the more of the better player. My senses just tell me this whole Mizuno Pro thing is so out of left field that it has to be a misdirection (albeit small). Too, it looks horrible - ha ha.

yes it will be mizuno pro

https://mizunogolf.com/us/blog/history-in-the-making/

nice pics of the 223s to drool over 

1 hour ago, Whatnogarnish said:

yes it will be mizuno pro

https://mizunogolf.com/us/blog/history-in-the-making/

nice pics of the 223s to drool over 

Nice post. We all concur -- Mizuno Pro will have the signature lettering in the USA. Looks Great to me, and guess what, naysayers, you don't even see it at address! Looks good in the bag, though.

Edited by SwingMan
  • Like 4

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Hopefully an AW comes in the north american market.  Didn't see that in the specs for the Korean market.

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX

Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist TS3 21* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Titleist T200 5 MCI Black 100X                                                Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Titleist T100S 6-AW MCI Black 100X                                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* MCI Mild 125                                        

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

52 minutes ago, av1084 said:

If the Modus 115 is stock for everything, that could be a big positive - I have wanted to try that shaft ever since I heard it was coming out (but now looks not to be?).

If it comes stock for any iron in the Mizuno line up, it quite likely is a no-upcharge option for all of them 😉

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°

Srixon ZX Utility MKII 23°

PING i230 5-U, +1/2", 2°up
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

33 minutes ago, Cottonseed. said:

Probably already said but not having a 1025 forged option in a cavity back (like the MP 20 MMC of last year) leaves a lot to be desired. Particularly if you're looking for a club that is not a blade but not a hollow egg launcher. 

Kind of disappointing but they have the chomoly in 4-7 and I guess it is still TBD how hot they will be.

25 minutes ago, LALefty said:

Kind of disappointing but they have the chomoly in 4-7 and I guess it is still TBD how hot they will be.

While I agree that I would have preferred, sitting at the computer, that 1025 would have been preferable I imagine that the boffins at Mizuno have done their homework and the clubs will function as a set. I hope so anyway. But it does make me think twice about whether to blend a set with the 221s like I would have done last year with the MB/MMC splitting between the 7 and 8. I'm not sure I want to cross both shapes and materials this year. Oh well. Probably a complete set of 223s for me and T-22 wedges.

Speaking of T-22 wedges, anyone have thoughts on the probability of the 223 GW/AW vs a 50° (or so) T-22 wedge in it's place?

5 minutes ago, PlayInTheRain said:

While I agree that I would have preferred, sitting at the computer, that 1025 would have been preferable I imagine that the boffins at Mizuno have done their homework and the clubs will function as a set. I hope so anyway. But it does make me think twice about whether to blend a set with the 221s like I would have done last year with the MB/MMC splitting between the 7 and 8. I'm not sure I want to cross both shapes and materials this year. Oh well. Probably a complete set of 223s for me and T-22 wedges.

Speaking of T-22 wedges, anyone have thoughts on the probability of the 223 GW/AW vs a 50° (or so) T-22 wedge in it's place?

As a lefty I'm still excited for the 223's and the GW!  Hoping for the best.

7 hours ago, P2454 said:

I've seen all the pics from all the threads and all the angles, and I have to say that I think this is the best looking range of irons I have ever seen. We could quibble over the best looking Mizuno blade of all time, but the 221s look sharp as ever, and these three sets are, as a group, just showstoppers. (Although I say this as someone who loves the Mizuno Pro script and branding). 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 08.75 – AD DI 65x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – AD DI 75x

Titleist TSR2 17.25 – AD DI 85x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – AD DI 95x

Titleist T150 4i-6i – X100 Tour

Titleist T100 7i-9i – X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw – S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 – White Hot OG5

I don't think we will ever see an MP AW or GW, ever, and I am glad. 

It devalues the "mizuno pro" differentiation from the JPX line, plus they have their wedge line go all the way up to 46* loft, so it is totally not necessary

Also on people complaining about the script, I think it is a nice nod to the history

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
UW 17* Smoke 70s

Fli-Hi 19* Smoke 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

30 minutes ago, uglande said:

I've seen all the pics from all the threads and all the angles, and I have to say that I think this is the best looking range of irons I have ever seen. We could quibble over the best looking Mizuno blade of all time, but the 221s look sharp as ever, and these three sets are, as a group, just showstoppers. (Although I say this as someone who loves the Mizuno Pro script and branding). 

Got to agree. They are right up there, though I am reserving judgement somewhat until I see them in the flesh.

I also agree about the Mizuno Pro script. I love it and it takes me back to some of the old school Mizuno blades of the past. Elegant and classy. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Lol. 

34 minutes ago, DaRiz said:

I don't think we will ever see an MP AW or GW, ever, and I am glad. 

It devalues the "mizuno pro" differentiation from the JPX line, plus they have their wedge line go all the way up to 46* loft, so it is totally not necessary

Also on people complaining about the script, I think it is a nice nod to the history

USGA club database has pics of the GW for the 223's and 225's

So the 223 is using a TPU insert in the cavity ala the ping i210, interesting. A forged i210? sign me up.

Edited by wedgegame
  • Like 1

Paradym 10.5 w/Graphite Design ADHD 5S

Paradym 3WHL w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Paradym 7W w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Ping 425 4H w/Tensei Orange 80HYS at 23°

Yonex Ezone CB 301 5-PW w/ Nippon Modus TOUR125S

Mizuno Copper T22 50S, 54D, 58X w/ Project X LZ 6.0

LAB Golf B.2

On 9/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with that. I'more interested in what comes after the 5i. Or, if you like, how the 5i blends into the top end of the bag, based on buying mainly the 221 blades. 

I scrolled down to bottom of korean page. There is a 24* #4i and possible, they may offer #3i in 21*.

Nice looking irons, the 921 is a beauty.

51 minutes ago, wedgegame said:

So the 223 is using a TPU insert in the cavity ala the ping i210, interesting. A forged i210? sign me up.

In 3 days, Voshall will intro the irons on Mizzy's YouTube channel - we should tune in for the tech details.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x