Mizuno MP-22

joeymack14

2 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

I think Mizuno needs to put a soft pause on this release.  Too many consumers don't like the script written on the back.  It looks too busy.  I get what Mizuno's "vision" is on the release of these.  "Going back to yesteryears...."  We get it.  Unfortunately they need to listen to the consumer.  I'm not going to pay someone extra to color in the script.   I'll test the clubs to compare and see what the ball does compared my Mizzy's now.  Other than that, too many options especially if these aren't releasing until January.   End of discussion.

Perhaps it's a possibility that Mizuno is working to satisfy both Japanese and North American markets with one component during these times with supply constraints by streamlining their supply chain.  If the script is really that big of a deal just remove the paint fill it will take a few minutes to do the whole set.

I think Mizuno needs to put a soft pause on this release.  Too many consumers don't like the script written on the back.  It looks too busy.  I get what Mizuno's "vision" is on the release of these.  "Going back to yesteryears...."  We get it.  Unfortunately they need to listen to the consumer.  I'm not going to pay someone extra to color in the script.   I'll test the clubs to compare and see what the ball does compared my Mizzy's now.  Other than that, too many options especially if these aren't releasing until January.   End of discussion.

You cannot be serious. If you don't like the script, don't buy them. There's a very good chance MP is done and Mizuno Pro is the way forward since Mizuno Pro is the script in Japan and not going anywhere.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5° - Fuji Speeder 569 IV

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3W - Fuji Speeder 661 IV

Mizuno JPX 900 5W - Fuji Speeder 661 II

Mizuno MP-20 HMB (3 & 4) - DG 120 S300

Mizuno MP-68 (5-PW) - DG S300

Mizuno S18 52°/9°

Mizuno S18 58°/8°

Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I can't decide if this is sarcasm or an extremist view of "I will speak for everyone!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps, Wannabe Novelist

• Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5 (at 9)/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft
  • Honma TR21 Fwy 3, 5 wd
  •  Ping G425 20.5 Hy/TPT Golf  or Honma TR21 4H
  • Honma TW-X 5-PW/Mitsu MMT 85g or Mizuno HMB 5-PW Accra CWi95
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59/Nippon 105 
  • Artisan 0521 or 0321 Putter

4 minutes ago, SwingMan said:

I can't decide if this is sarcasm or an extremist view of "I will speak for everyone!"

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt and going with sarcasm. If not, it makes you question ones motive to bash the look of the new MPs and then say he’s gonna try PXG… 🤔 

Edited by TiScape
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TiScape said:

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt and going with sarcasm. If not it, makes you question ones motive to bash the look of the new MPs and then say he’s gonna try PXG… 🤔 

You just never know about people,  taste and sarcasm on a web post. It's a mystery.

• Like 1

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps, Wannabe Novelist

• Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5 (at 9)/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft
  • Honma TR21 Fwy 3, 5 wd
  •  Ping G425 20.5 Hy/TPT Golf  or Honma TR21 4H
  • Honma TW-X 5-PW/Mitsu MMT 85g or Mizuno HMB 5-PW Accra CWi95
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59/Nippon 105 
  • Artisan 0521 or 0321 Putter

Just so everyone is aware, for last couple MP/Mizuno Pro release cycles, Mizuno has used Mizuno Pro in Japan and Asia.

2019 - Mizuno Pro 120 (MP20)

120.jpg.3e390e117282106795481201fd872811.jpg

2017 - Mizuno Pro 118 (MP18)

118.JPG.bba7b6dd51789ee83d2384ea8ef917f6.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5° - Fuji Speeder 569 IV

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3W - Fuji Speeder 661 IV

Mizuno JPX 900 5W - Fuji Speeder 661 II

Mizuno MP-20 HMB (3 & 4) - DG 120 S300

Mizuno MP-68 (5-PW) - DG S300

Mizuno S18 52°/9°

Mizuno S18 58°/8°

Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

6 minutes ago, lefty1978 said:

Just so everyone is aware, for last couple MP/Mizuno Pro release cycles, Mizuno has used Mizuno Pro in Japan and Asia.

Yeah, and I bet they sold hardly any! 😂 

*sarcasm 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

People can voice their displeasure on the 'Mizuno Pro' script but at the end of the day, if the club looks nice down by the ball and performs/exceeds your expectations in performance, does the script really matter that much?

If I found the best performing club in the world that looks nice behind the ball, I wouldn't care less what it looks like in the bag.

That's just my opinion though.

Edited by liamw

13 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

Yeah you can go find a new society, because the way this one works is definitely not for you. Jeez man, I even understand your opinion and respect it, but the sense of entitlement…luckily, there’s plenty of iron manufacturers out there, so you can take your pick. 

I really hope your post wasn‘t meant as it read…best of luck brother. 

WITB 2022

Driver *NEW* Callaway EPIC Max LS, 10.5° (MMT 60g S)

4W *NEW* Callaway EPIC Speed, 16.5° (HZRDUS IM10 70g, 6.0)

3H Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220, 19° (HZRDUS Smoke 80g, 6.0)

4H Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220, 22° (HZRDUS Smoke 80g, 6.0)

5-PW New Level 902 Forged, 24°-46° (TT DG 120, X100)

GW New Level M Type, 50° (TT DG TI, S400)

SW/LW Mizuno T20, 56°/60° (TT DG TI, S400)

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball (Steel, 35")

Ball Titleist AVX/Srixon Q-Star Tour

20 hours ago, lefty1978 said:

They should've stuck with the 2019 layout instead of putting Mizuno Pro on the toe area IMO.

Looks cleaner and less busy than the new ones

Put the running bird in the center of the muscle like they did and put the 221 under Mizuno Pro for the slight change from the 2019 design

13 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

They should pause the release in the US and do a better consumer marketing survey.  I just reviewed this thread and if the script is not an issue then why are we even having this conversation here......😵   Cross field gonna have a field day.

LOL @ Crossfield. He did talk about the T200 backing and sound

I kinda like the script. Looks clean and classy to me. Not overbearing or standing out like the giant PXG logo and big fat screws. I never really heard anyone complaining about Miura or Ben Hogans script. Just as clean as those. Also a reality check to the self entitled complainers, Vosh already said this is going to be global and they are not changing it. And guess what else may happen, they may not remove the script going forward for the next several generations as long as they no longer want to distinguish US vs Asia markets and standardize globally and tour players see no problem with it. I think they look awesome and can’t wait to try them out and see how the performance, address, feel are. Well done Mizuno 👏👏

• Like 4

Anyone find more info or pictures on the Fli Hi? Thats what im after

Driver Ping G425 (Ventus Blue 6x)

3 Wood Taylormade SIM Ti (Ventus Red 7x)

7 Wood Taylormade SIM2 Max (AD DI 8x)

4 Iron Titleist U500 (UST Proforce V2 85F5)

Irons Srixon ZX7 5-AW (KBS $Taper 130x)

Wedges Edel SMS 56, 60 | PXG 0311 60

Putters Juno | Stingray | Mezz

1 hour ago, Mizuno North said:

Any truth in the rumours that Mizuno will be dropping the C-Taper as a shaft offering?

I'm currently gaming the standard C-Taper in 130 grams, very reluctant to use anything else.

Love these shafts.

I read on another thread that KB shafts are in very limited supply - sounds like they are a supply chain casualty.  Perhaps, if true, that is why Miz is dropping them, at least for now.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 5:01 AM, mtnbiker5 said:

They should pause the release in the US and do a better consumer marketing survey.  I just reviewed this thread and if the script is not an issue then why are we even having this conversation here......😵   Cross field gonna have a field day.

You sound like a video game complainer.  Same tactic used by a vocal minority to “get your way”.  Very trollish.

This thread represents ~1% of Mizunos market.  They will not “pause the release” for consumer surveys.  Where do people come up with this bs?

Edited by Puttersaurus Rex

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

On 10/11/2021 at 6:41 PM, mtnbiker5 said:

Seriously ridiculous post.  More people in the real non-WRX could care less about cursive on the back of their club as long as it performs.  A few OCD WRXer's ain't going to get a company to change it's label.  Down right hiilarious.

Ping G425 Max 10.5*, MRC Tensei AV Orange 

Ping G425 Max 3/5 woods, MRC Tensei AV Orange

PXG Gen3 0311XP 3i, 0311P 4i-PW, MRC MMT

PXG 0311 Forged 52/58, MRC MMT

Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E

Why on earth is everyone so eager to pile onto “mntbiker” for his odd take? The post is certainly outside of the realm of normal reaction, especially since 95% of people haven’t seen them in person, and for other reasons. It just seems like people are so eager to be mean, treat him/her like a dunce or call him/her names. Perhaps they’ll sell great and the poster will learn the error of his ways or perhaps they’ll do a faceplant and poster will be right. But we can be nice in the mean time. 

• Like 1